PDA

View Full Version : Toyko Extreme Racer 3

SimpleS14
11-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Just out of curiousity I decide to check out a EB store just to see what's new. To my surprise I see Toyko Extreme Racer 3 for PS2. I'm REALLY out of date when it comes to video games...so I have no idea if everyone knows about this or not (plus I lack a PS2). The game uses licensed cars this time around and looks OK from the screenshots. I was wondering if anyone has this game or some opinions on it.

http://images.ebgames.com/gmspImages/23/239782/eb/pt_pic1lg.jpg

http://images.ebgames.com/gmspImages/23/239782/eb/pt_shot2lg.jpg

http://images.ebgames.com/gmspImages/23/239782/eb/pt_shot3lg.jpg

KiDyNomiTe
11-28-2003, 11:43 PM
Hmm and its out already?

I'll have to rent it sometime, but I havent seen it at my store.

Car games are coming out all over now, yet the one we all want keeps moving back.

Mustangs Suck
11-29-2003, 12:30 AM
Keeps on getting pushed back in my location (Wisconsin) but somehow select stores across the US seemed to of gotten it in, in VERY small quantities.

It's brand ass new - the last one out was Tkoyo Extreme Racer Zero for PS2, and that's been out for quite a damn long time.

BTW TXR3 is only 19.99 BRAND NEW in stores...hopefully stores didn't get word it was released very minimally so far and didn't jack up the prices...

All I know about the game is this:

The handling is supposed to be very hard, worse than any other TXR game in the series.

You can race 2 (maybe more, but not positive) cars at the same time.

Brian
11-29-2003, 08:20 AM
i got the game like 3 days ago. it cost me $20 from Electronics Boutique. yes it has licensed cars this time which is kinda cool. there arent as many cars to choose from like in the previous game TXR0. i think there is a 2 player mode but i never tried. it also adds 2 new cities, 1 being Osaka and the other i forget. something neat i did notice is that they have some celebrities for the wanderers. i noticed Nobutero Tanaguchi, Manubo Orido, and a certain drift tengoku driver known as "samurai drifter". his real name is _________ Immamura if i remember correctly (and no he isnt Immamura who drives for Apex.)
overall i like the game better than TXR0. the controls are a bit better if you ask me. its pretty addicting too.

JDM180SX
11-29-2003, 02:22 PM
I just got it yesterday at Best Buy for $19.99 + tax. Good game, still not as good control as I'd like but not bad at all. Don't see Honda anywhere yet though? Gotta play more to see what neato options there are. I'll be sure to post up if I come across anything cool.

-Eddy

boro240
11-29-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by yeswepromise
his real name is _________ Immamura if i remember correctly (and no he isnt Immamura who drives for Apex.)
Takahiro Imamura?:)

Brian
11-29-2003, 11:11 PM
haha, are you asking me or telling me?
i think you are right. he drives the pink cefiro and wears plastic hair and the samurai outfit and the wooden sword and his personal car is a yellow FC.

DRFT
11-30-2003, 03:49 AM
hmm...weird didn't see it @ my local gamestop, guess i gotta make a trip to best buys or EB

zero.counter
11-30-2003, 04:23 PM
So I read that there are also name brand parts available.

No Motiv
11-30-2003, 05:57 PM
yeah i heard about the "brand name parts" and from what i heard they are all really weird flaking companies, not what you would really want. But im not totally sure

Brian
11-30-2003, 09:38 PM
only thing i know is the name brand wheels. advan, 5zigen, work, river side, and Hart are a few of them.

KyoLo
12-01-2003, 02:14 AM
Wasn't it out long time ago in Japan? coz i played Japanese version. It has S14kouki & 180sx.

TropicalJewel
12-01-2003, 08:24 AM
What? So it went from Zero to 3? Just want to make sure before I ask for it for xmas. Guess I will go looking for it so I know who has it around here.

Mo-

ixdecoyxi
12-01-2003, 05:19 PM
damn.. i must be either hella late knowing that txr3 jes came out or ive been too busy playin nfs:u.. haha!! all i know is that i have gt4 and srs on reserve.. i should go check out txr3.. any more pro's and con's??

Mustangs Suck
12-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by TropicalJewel
What? So it went from Zero to 3? Just want to make sure before I ask for it for xmas. Guess I will go looking for it so I know who has it around here.

Mo-

1 and 2 were for Sega Dreamcast

Zero was 2 re-released on PS2 with better graphics

and 3 is the new one, only on PS2

masta
12-01-2003, 05:39 PM
Wow I am a fan of the series. I played them so much I feel like I know my way around Japan's freeways. I still have Part 1 and 2 at my apartment.

I wonder why it is only $20. Is it as good as the previous versions or just the same thing?

Mustangs Suck
12-01-2003, 09:17 PM
It's better in my opinion. Better Graphics, over 600 rivals, real cars and parts.....overall better than 1 and 2

If you're having doubts getting it, just do it..it's worth the 20.00

keepitmovin
12-06-2003, 09:33 PM
PLayed it at friends house just now..Better graphics, rain, cars, and did anyone notice the speeds are much more realistic while taking the turns? Anyways good game worth the 20 bucks as far as i can tell

ixdecoyxi
12-07-2003, 02:53 AM
finally bought txr3.. handling is kinda gay.. slides too much.. try to countersteer.. slides even more and you end up hitting the wall and your rival takes off..

other than that.. its hella sikk.. gots to by the s14.. and make it the same color as mine.. and use that 'carbon fiber' sticker on the hood.. hahah

s13driver
12-07-2003, 07:25 AM
do anyone know which buton is to cancel a challenge from your viruals ??? i hate it so bad that i was force to run with them when my water temp and oil temp are so high... i remember on zero all i have to do is press brake but now it doesn't work anymore. o yea has anyone notice there is a press a button turbo kinda thing ?? it makes me feel as if i m having nitrous.

Brian
12-07-2003, 10:25 AM
yes the select button gives you more boost. it makes your temps go up very fast though. try racing somebody with 115 degree water temp

oh yeah i forgot to add, there is a motor swap option after you drive a certain amount of miles. this only works for 1 car though. so i have it in my r34... 2.8 litre inline 6 with 7xx hp

Heartwork
12-08-2003, 01:25 AM
ive had the game for a couple weeks now...
handling will never be fixed for some reason, but this game is not that bad....although im not a Wangan fan, acquiring parts and building your car is the funnest part of the game....

only brand name parts are Rims, 5Zigen, Work, Hart, Advan, etc... Not that many cool lookin rims to choose from tho :(

not many cars to start out with, but you'll start winning cars that will be available to buy...

you now cant just keep racing and saving up to buy the best parts for your car... you have get a certain amount of mileage/wins/races etc, to open up the next level of upgrades

beating the game the first time around is only %25 of the game!!!! this is gonna take months to find and beat every car and especially the damn Wanderers...

finding Wanderers are harder than ever...sometimes they pop up randomly, but the latter Wanderers you have to find are found by are changing the license plate characters, have certain parts, cars, etc!:bash: