PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclist saved by strangers

Speed Junky
09-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Thought this was worth posting. You rarely see strangers helping others these days..

Caught on tape: Motorcyclist rescued from fiery crash - TODAY People - TODAY.com (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44499884/ns/today-today_people/t/caught-tape-motorcyclist-rescued-fiery-crash?GT1=43001)

“They’re rescuers; they did a great job (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44499884/ns/today-today_people/t/caught-tape-motorcyclist-rescued-fiery-crash?GT1=43001#) of getting him the help that he needed,” Curtis said. “I’m impressed they would risk their own safety to lift the car up and get the individual out from underneath it.”
According to a report from KTVX-TV in Salt Lake City, Wright was riding his motorcycle on U.S. Highway 89 near the Utah State University campus Monday morning when a black BMW pulled out of a parking lot in front of him. Wright intentionally grounded his cycle to avoid getting hit — but his bike went up in flames and he slid underneath the auto, which was also on fire.

PUxPWx4YW20

keistyle
09-13-2011, 10:30 AM
He looks super limp

itwillboost
09-13-2011, 10:38 AM
That is awesome, it's good to see people helping people like that lol.

SinGarage
09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Wow. As a rider, I'm glad to see there are still good people out there. Thanks for the post.

Killa_D
09-13-2011, 10:45 AM
ohh my damn

HyperTek
09-13-2011, 11:03 AM
nice to see pedestrians/motorist help him out, there are still good people out there.

In california , helmets are mandatory for motorcyclist, it amazes me how other states can ride free of helmets.

cdlong
09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
No helmet law in Colorado. If you want to splatter your brains all over the pavement, that's fine by me. It's cheaper to pay a guy to hose brain matter off the curb then it is to keep stupid people alive for the rest of their natural lives.

K_style
09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
+1

Awesome...

EsChassisLove
09-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Thats pretty amazing.

Damn BMW drivers. Hehe

tricky_ab
09-13-2011, 11:44 AM
It's good to hear that there's still poeple out there willing to help out others. I still have faith in the human race...

treken2t87
09-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Anybody else have the sneaking suspicion the guy standing around doing nothing in the suit nearby is the guy that owns the BMW?

Thanks for sharing the video, it's nice to see some people actually care about others in today's world.

Daniel.
09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Anybody else have the sneaking suspicion the guy standing around doing nothing in the suit nearby is the guy that owns the BMW?

Thanks for sharing the video, it's nice to see some people actually care about others in today's world.

It's definitely him. He's probably in shock.

mkezzo16
09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Always goood to see.

dsastr_clan
09-13-2011, 12:25 PM
nice to see pedestrians/motorist help him out, there are still good people out there.

In california , helmets are mandatory for motorcyclist, it amazes me how other states can ride free of helmets.

in Utah helmets arent mandatory once you are over 21 i think, but yeah this happend today here in Utah

thefro526
09-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Holy shit.

Awesome.

!Zar!
09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
No helmet law in Colorado. If you want to splatter your brains all over the pavement, that's fine by me. It's cheaper to pay a guy to hose brain matter off the curb then it is to keep stupid people alive for the rest of their natural lives.

I always will and always have geared up when I ride.

But I think full gear should be required as a law.

I mean, how safe does one really feel if all they have on is a helmet, chest armor with no shirt under, some basketball shorts, and wearing dunks?

Most people wouldn't want to fall at a running pace (10mph~) let alone at speed (65~mph).

demonspeed
09-13-2011, 03:07 PM
I always will and always have geared up when I ride.

But I think full gear should be required as a law.

I mean, how safe does one really feel if all they have on is a helmet, chest armor with no shirt under, some basketball shorts, and wearing dunks?

Most people wouldn't want to fall at a running pace (10mph~) let alone at speed (65~mph).

And thats what bikers define what a Squid is lol! +1 On the full gear but of course it really doesnt matter because someone will eventually break the law...sad to say but it happens. Ive sat through too many vids in MSF and youtube to EVER ride without gear

ca18_luv
09-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Also being a rider myself its cool to see random ppl from the streets rushing to help even if it means they could be getting injured as well.

But then again as a rider i think every rider should be geared up as much as possible. Video wont load but im assuming he wasnt wearing a helmet as one stated above?
Even if it wasnt a law to wear one id still put one on my head, along with at least a leather jacket, jeans, and boots. Had a budy of mine go down due to a car clipping him trying to cut him off and it really messed him up cause he decided to not wear a jacket that one time. Its scary.

rage941
09-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Anyone know if he was even still alive?

Slammed Assassin
09-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Anyone know if he was even still alive?

he survived with broken bones, cuts and burns

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52574438-78/story.csp

travisty_
09-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Well its good to see something positive like this, seems like I dont very often.

WERDdabuilder
09-14-2011, 01:22 AM
that chick in the gray tights would get it.

but yeah, situations like this still give me faith in mankind.

fliprayzin240sx
09-14-2011, 02:55 AM
The thing I didnt understand was, they pulled him out then left him 5 ft away from the burning car. That shit didnt make sense to me, guess 5 ft from a burning car is safe enough.

axiomatik
09-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Amazing they could lift a modern BMW, that's what, 4000lbs?

sw20>>s14
09-14-2011, 03:25 PM
its amazing and sad to me that an event like this now becomes the exception and no longer the rule...

+karma points for everyone involved...

-points for the squid that decided not to wear gear...

im sorry but im going to vent...it pisses me off what life hands you...im very glad the man in this vid survived, but it kinda pisses me off...i had a friend that was wearing 50% (not full) more gear, was ran over, and passed away...

it just pissed me off that people who often tempt fate never meet with it...this guy had no gear whatsoever and was able to survive...fuck, his t-shirt and jeans are good enough to pass club dress code still!!!

just like watching those police videos and high speed chases...they run from the cops, flip a car a bajillion times and slam into a building and walk away, but my friend passes riding casually...or another friend, a mother of one, suddenly collapses from a brain aneurysm...SMH

/existentialism

demonspeed
09-14-2011, 03:43 PM
sw20 thats usually how it works, sad to say. I guess the man upstairs has a weird sense in planning...

BustedS13
09-14-2011, 04:01 PM
do people not assist other people where you guys are from? i always see similar sentiment, but the public doesn't seem to be as cold as people would have me believe.

murda-c
09-14-2011, 04:06 PM
do people not assist other people where you guys are from? i always see similar sentiment, but the public doesn't seem to be as cold as people would have me believe.

Yeah no kidding. I've stopped at an accident before and had a dozen people come running out of nearby shops who saw it happen who were already on the phone with 911.

Then again i guess there are still all the people who stayed inside or kept driving by.

!Zar!
09-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Sadly there are a lot of hit and runs.

Too many riders up here have been hit and the driver flees the scene.

driftsilvias13
09-14-2011, 10:53 PM
When I got into my motorcycle accident years ago, a bunch of people got out and tried to help me. I was pretty surprised.