PDA

View Full Version : Buy complete Initial D DVDs on ebay?

Phoen_x_s14
11-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Just wondering if anyone has bought the complete series on ebay, it says comes iwth 10 DVD's. Usual online shops or stores (exe, Tower Records) charge up to $100. I'm a big fan of the anime, but I just wanna know if anyone has experince with the set they bought on ebay. Hopefully its not some VCD's someone boot legged, but you know how e-bay is..........errr.........

Got Sileighty?
11-27-2003, 02:29 AM
yea i was wondering about them too, cuz most are coming from hong kong. anyone ever bought em?

matlock
11-27-2003, 05:02 AM
I was also looking at them, because I have a few of them and have bought them, I guess I don't really know what the question is....I mean I guess if the product description says its the real thing and whatnot then go for it, a lot of them go for like $45-$70 for the set of the things....I dunno ebay users can sometimes be shafty but you will just have to find out thats just my opinion.

mrmephistopheles
11-27-2003, 06:24 AM
shiggty shiggty SHADY

what major media distributor do you know of that distributes via VCD?
NONE!

Phoen_x_s14
11-27-2003, 10:23 AM
Hmmm well I guess I'm going to have to wait till next week, then order mine. I'll repost about it when I recieve it. Hopefully I won't get screwed.

HaLo
11-27-2003, 12:07 PM
I ordered a set last year. ALL DVDs, very nice in original shrinkwrap. Those aren't copied VCDs...

I paid 60$ for my set.

Phoen_x_s14
11-27-2003, 12:55 PM
Woo hoo, definitly going to order it next week. Any chance you would happen to know the seller ID you bought it from?

madwilly240
11-27-2003, 12:56 PM
arent those shows in japanese anyway? i always hear these rants about initial d this initial d that.... is it just a racing/drifting show?

HaLo
11-27-2003, 01:42 PM
I don't remember from whom I bought it...

Yes it's in japanese with english subtitles. :)

Phoen_x_s14
11-27-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by madwilly240
arent those shows in japanese anyway? i always hear these rants about initial d this initial d that.... is it just a racing/drifting show?

Its a Anime series about the life of a young drifter, and the things that revolve around him. And has Computer animated , CGI (check spelling later) when he or other racers drift battle/race. Just search it on google.com. There is a english version...but its not the same as the original.

s14falcon
11-27-2003, 08:06 PM
I've bought option videos off of ebay, and they're clearly copies fro hong kong, but they are dvd, not vcd's, and they work great, plus they play in us dvd palyerrs, and I dont think actual japanese dvd's are ntsc, I think they are pal, so knockoffs from hong kong aren't all bad(not to mention the price being 50 percent off);)

Phoen_x_s14
11-27-2003, 10:15 PM
50 percent alright, forget spending $100+, I'm not that of a hardcore fan lol. But like the saying goes "youpay for what you get" and with no encoded region select, that makes it even better.

masta
11-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Some of the DVD's may have these worm-like melted marks on the inner rim of the DVD. I tried to take a picture to show you but the dumb flash just relfects on the DVD so you cannot see it.

Picture running your soldering iron on the rim of the DVD and that is what is looks like. The DVD still works with them though. It just looks horrible.

Also the indexing is not too good. For example, if you press the next track button, it goes to the next episode, instead of skipping the intro, scenes, etc. But this is not too bad, just know where to fast forward.

STIwish
11-29-2003, 12:20 AM
I bought my Initial D DVD 10-set off of Ebay, the quality was top notch and i have had no problems what so ever... and I watch them all the time!!!:bigok:

vapor_skank
11-29-2003, 06:07 AM
ahh tight what was the selling price?