PDA

View Full Version : Airbag help

ss_lambo14
09-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I just had 2 quick questions for you guys.

My airbags deployed and I wanted to replace the steering wheel with a stock s14 steering wheel (airbag intact).
Someone mentioned that there was a possibility that the airbags might go off since the airbags are already deployed. Is that possible?

And would reseting the airbag light after, result in anything like turning off the light?

Thanks guys!

Butcher240sx
09-13-2011, 01:27 AM
the sensors will trip the new airbag. you need to test the airbag sensors to see which one tripped. replace it. then check the airbag trigger wire for voltage before plugging anything in.

S14DB
09-13-2011, 02:58 AM
You don't have to replace any sensors. The sensors are sold state in the computer under the back seat. They should not deploy again after the event(crash) is over. You will still throw codes on the unit cause it tests the bags when you turn the ignition on. Since they are deployed it will detect the short in them.

Remove the battery ground for at least 3 minutes to reset the unit. Replace the air bag modules. Make sure the spiral unit behind the driver airbag isn't damaged(black plastic circle the airbag plugs into). Replace the battery cable. The codes should self clear the first time you turn the ignition "ON" with functioning airbags.

cliffsmith1
09-13-2011, 04:55 PM
I had a problem with my air bag light and what i had to do is, with the door open turn the key to the on position and press the button on the inside of the door well (the one that makes your interior lights come on) seven times within five seconds and that should also turn the light off