PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Future /Doc Brown commercials and Nike Mag Shoes

HyperTek
09-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Bunch of recent commercials Christopher Lloyd did for some electronics retailer in another country.

sdLdwAUD4tw
26JfNBRhc98

and now the shoes
3yiSdjwi_bg

eihSPj9lSMw
eYMyEqRb2cw

Nike selling those shoes to use the proceeds to fight parkinson's disease.

I played the recent BTTF games, christopher lloyd threw down his voice for it, and they had a voice actor to do marty and he sounded just like him. If they where ever to do another BTTF, im sure christopher lloyd would be down to do it, though micheal j fox =\

HyperTek
09-09-2011, 11:49 PM
oops meant to say Shoes in title, can a mod please edit? thanks

tricky_ab
09-10-2011, 02:22 AM
I was all hyped with the initial press release.

http://nicekicks.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp/files/2011/09/nike-back-to-the-future-2.jpg

http://nicekicks.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp/files/2011/09/nike-back-to-the-future-5.jpg

http://nicekicks.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp/files/2011/09/BTTF-1-620x396.jpg

Seriously I was already set in my mind to spend some stupid money on theses!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/mgmanm1/MovieGifs2/BttF/martynike1.gif

Yeah that's what was playing in my head over and over again...Literally whatever the price I'm there!

Then heard that there was only 1500 to be had. Crap...I guess they won't be making a larger run :(

I'd love a pair but they're going to be impossible to get, I was getting bummed. It's nice that the money from the auctions are all for charity, That's a real plus since some of the current eBay prices would blow your minds.

After they announced that they are more of a display piece that's not really meant to be worn, and that they don't auto lace up (Like the patents that Nike has filed a while ago...Now I'm not bummed at all. I'll just wait for the 2015 version ;)

karl wasabi
09-10-2011, 02:44 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOVE Back to the Future. I really wish I could afford a pair of these, but there's no way that's gonna happen. Kinda disappointed that they aren't power laces especially since Nike has the patent and the money to do it.

I think it's awesome that the proceeds are going to fighting Parkinson's disease. It's really too bad it happened to Michael J. Fox.

Speed Junky
09-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Ya pretty crappy the shoes are going over 5k..I'm a big fan of BTTF and wanted to cop these..

RurouniMidnight
09-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah wish i could afford the shoes id totally buy some, always been a fan of the Mikey J. Fox.

ALTRNTV
09-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Nike is always on top of the game with their marketing.

tricky_ab
09-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Ya pretty crappy the shoes are going over 5k..I'm a big fan of BTTF and wanted to cop these..

I want to see the first few runs finish. I would like to see what the first batch finish at since everyone knows eBay and how the price shoots up sky high near the end...

There's nothing Tinie about this price tag!

British rapper Tinie Tempah dropped $37,500 on a pair of Nike shoes featured in the classic film "Back to the Future II."

According to TMZ.com, the London native became the proud owner of the first of only 1,500 pairs of the limited-edition kicks, which Nike will be auctioning off.

A rep for Tempah said the "Written in the Stars" rapper is a serious shoe collector and fell in love with them during an auction in Los Angeles.

Nike announced that the proceeds from the sneaker sales will go to the Michael J. Fox foundation. Fox played lead character Marty McFly in the "Back to the Future" trilogy.Tinie Tempah shells out nearly 38G for Marty McFly shoes - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/tinie_tempah_shells_out_nearly_for_AuRQ0CUExWx4UUi zmeE3FL#ixzz1XUSmcZo8)

ericcastro
09-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Nike would do better to just put em out at $180-$250 a pair, and give anything over $90 to the charity.

Most people would pony the money to buy them at that high price, i would in a heartbeat.
and then it would steadily flow money into the parkinsons fund, unlike this one time deal.

iHateMySilvia
09-10-2011, 11:11 AM
no powerlaces till 2015 ill just wait lol

HyperTek
09-10-2011, 12:24 PM
My guess is that 2011 is stamped on these, so these are the limited run and by 2015 they will work out whatever they need to do for the power lace ones legit run.

I loved bttf , but recently actually rewatched it as an adult a few months ago and i swear i learned more from it than i ever noticed. like in Bttf II how they came back to tannen 1985 after he had the almanac and Doc said they have to intercept it in 1955 rather than going back to 2015 when old biff took the time machine. they would have messed up everything lol.

ericcastro
09-10-2011, 06:39 PM
like in Bttf II how they came back to tannen 1985 after he had the almanac and Doc said they have to intercept it in 1955 rather than going back to 2015 when old biff took the time machine. they would have messed up everything lol.

Thats Heavy.....

curbhuggerrps13
09-10-2011, 06:58 PM
your children marty.....your daughter is gonna marry a black guy!!!!!

Brian
09-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Thats Heavy.....

Well yeah... something is wrong with the earth's gravitational force in the future.

S14DB
09-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Still waiting on my Hoverboard... and not that Mattel crap ether.

ericcastro
09-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Still waiting on my Hoverboard... and not that Mattel crap ether.

yeah, ya really gotta splurge for the PitBull, its got power.