PDA

View Full Version : Drive (2011)

BustedS13
09-09-2011, 07:27 PM
this looks awesome, rave reviews, bryan cranston, you're gonna see it and it's going to be great.

YrDRdna-Rxg

uE1tqMUd4R8&NR

ESmorz
09-09-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm gonna do my best too look like him that night. You know.

LimeLite Racing
09-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Looks like me when I'm trying to make it to happy hour at Mio Sushi.

Matej
09-09-2011, 08:31 PM
The subliminal Ford advertising in movies is getting silly.

BustedS13
09-09-2011, 08:46 PM
The subliminal Ford advertising in movies is getting way out of hand.

i've been saying that since 1968.

ESmorz
09-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Steve McQueen: Corporate Whore.

HyperTek
09-09-2011, 09:09 PM
ford made the impala?

that lil getaway clip was getting intense, i wanted to see what how that worked out lol.

movie looks cool, very jerry bruckheimer ish.

wonpoo
09-10-2011, 02:20 AM
i bet you its gonna be a good movie but its really gonna be slow pace. and the chase scenes are gonna short.

exitspeed
09-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Yeah I want to see this bad. Maybe next week.

ronmcdon
09-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Just heard this won the best picture or director @ Cannes film festival.
Metacritic is also giving a high 85% out of 7 reviews.

Will see it this week for sure.

This year has some pretty cool films released so far.

Quail
09-12-2011, 02:33 AM
Hadn't heard about this until now, hope its released over here!

Moy12
09-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Watching this for sure! Looks a bit diff.

ESmorz
09-16-2011, 04:16 AM
Great fucking movie.

BustedS13
09-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Great fucking movie.

did it have enough explosions, shootouts, t&a, pop star cameos, dane cook, and people from new jersey to keep the rest of Zilvia entertained?

LoneStarSilvia
09-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Where'd you see/ILLEGAL SNIP?

BustedS13
09-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Where'd you see/ILLEGAL SNIP?

probably a theater, since it came out at midnight.

Daniel.
09-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm gonna do my best too look like him that night. You know.

You don't need to try hard to look like Ryan. You're his mirror image as it is. (Based on the Novembeard thread.)

ESmorz
09-16-2011, 11:23 AM
movie looks cool, very jerry bruckheimer ish.

It's nothing like any piece of shit his hands have touched.

did it have enough explosions, shootouts, t&a, pop star cameos, dane cook, and people from new jersey to keep the rest of Zilvia entertained?

Probably not. It did however have really solid acting, good music, good pacing, and a real Jekyll and Hyde personality as a film, in a good way.

karl wasabi
09-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Anyone else see the movie yet? I'm thinking about seeing it tonight.

ILoveJDM
09-18-2011, 07:36 PM
would go see it, if i never saw a preview of ryan gosling saying that "mustang" (not ford) stepped up and provided us with cars.

punxva
09-18-2011, 08:22 PM
dont waste your time trust me

innovation
09-18-2011, 08:33 PM
It was real good, If you're a kid with a short attention span dont bother though. This movie might be too independent for you

BustedS13
09-18-2011, 08:49 PM
i liked it. it was a little pretentious throughout. half the shots felt like a fucking staring contest, and the backdrop city couldn't have been worse, but it was worth seeing.

tl;dr: it wasn't Fast and the Furious 6

Bubbles
09-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Didn't know this was already out. Definitely want to see it. Enough action to make it worth seeing on the big screen?

BustedS13
09-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Didn't know this was already out. Definitely want to see it. Enough action to make it worth seeing on the big screen?

gosling's dreamy stare is worth the money.

w0nderbr3ad
09-18-2011, 10:43 PM
It was an okay movie, it had its moments, but for the most part less than mildly entertained even with the skull crushing and tits.

frsh4
09-20-2011, 12:01 AM
what gives. i hear its GREAT, GOOD, and HORRIBLE.
lol. i guess i'm going to have to gamble $12

ESmorz
09-20-2011, 03:34 AM
what gives. i hear its GREAT, GOOD, and HORRIBLE.
lol. i guess i'm going to have to gamble $12

It means there are people who enjoy good cinema, decent cinema, and explosions/tits.

Where you fall in those categories , I have no idea.

akaina240
09-20-2011, 06:09 AM
the 2nd clip:: thats how u evade cops! trust me, i got away from 3 =]
Though the helicopter has never been on me lol

ESmorz
09-20-2011, 01:44 PM
the 2nd clip:: thats how u evade cops! trust me, i got away from 3 =]
Though the helicopter has never been on me lol

You eat many paint chips as a kid?

XxHybridx
09-21-2011, 04:22 PM
this isnt a action film. its an independent film so don't expect some transformers style explosions and shit. great filming style and great actors, definitely worth the watch. has a lot of scenes that'll stick to everyone's heads forever thats for sure -.-;

Moy12
09-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Give this shit an award ! lol

DoobieS13
09-25-2011, 11:10 AM
i thought that this movie was very good. its different. its not a fucking full on action movie but its more real. when there is action its soo damn good. like when that girl got her head blown off. also like the 80's theme( music feel and the pink font) a lot of young people where thinking that is was dumb as shit cuz it has slowmo moments and the guy never really talks. but i thought this was awesome.

jSDFUgMK0eM

Moy12
09-25-2011, 11:20 AM
^ Exactly what i thought! THANK YOU!

fliprayzin240sx
09-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Blah, I'm not a fan of this movie. I watched the whole thing on an idea that it was gonna get better. It was slow as shit, why the hell they called this Drive is beyond me.

I was excited at the beginning...had the whole Grand Theft Auto Vice City feel to it...then that was it...

chris_240sx
09-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Saw this last night. As others have said it feels very independent, not like most new movies with tons of action/explosions. There isn't a lot of conversation in the movie and it moves along sort of slowly at points, which feels a bit awkward, but nonetheless I enjoyed this movie. If you want to see something different and pretty interesting I would recommend it, but if your looking for something fast-paced with tons of explosions you might not like this one.

ericcastro
09-28-2011, 08:25 PM
If it premiered at an independent film festival, won an independent film award, it might be an indie movie, so it might have that indie feel !!!!!! .................. duh !

What are people fucking stupid !!!!!!

Prolly go see this this weekend.
Take a chick, hope it works out....

fliprayzin240sx
09-28-2011, 11:03 PM
If it premiered at an independent film festival, won an independent film award, it might be an indie movie, so it might have that indie feel !!!!!! .................. duh !

What are people fucking stupid !!!!!!

Prolly go see this this weekend.
Take a chick, hope it works out....

My issue is that it was hyped up. The reviews I read on it seemed like it's this must see movie that people were just raving about. I'll give it credit for the artistic, edgey presentation, specially with the lighting, it gives it a certain vibe. Cinematography is great, music is fitting, acting is better than most movies out but holy shit, I couldnt get over how awkward it was presented.

ericcastro
09-28-2011, 11:17 PM
I will prolly check it out this weekend.

If there are no good movies out, especially for awhile, then even a decent movie will shine in everyones eye.
And it seems like there hasnt been a good story out for awhile, just explosions and robots and nastalgia crap.
and you gotta look who is reviewing.
Those people are X film school students that didnt even have the talent to make a living in hollywood, so they have to do that "review" crap.

I will check back in after i see it :)

Dolph_KYAS13
09-28-2011, 11:20 PM
it was moderately ok. Staring contests the entire movie tho

One_love_silvia
09-29-2011, 02:30 AM

i take it u havent seen any of the transformers?

thats pretty much where chevy displays its new line up of sports cars lol

DoobieS13
09-29-2011, 06:00 AM

there's only one ford in the movie.

other cars

300c
74+ nova(he drives)
newer chevy impala(first scene)

ericcastro
10-04-2011, 06:02 PM
finally watched it.

Good movie, just a few things really dont work for me.
Prolly the same things for you guys.

I think the staring contest is a writer director issue.
In reality, that "connection" moment they are trying to convey, isnt like that.
and so it doesnt work. dude comes off like a creepy phycopath while she seem like the dumbest chic int he world for continuing to talk to him when she lives alone with a kid.

I think he needed a little more dialog, so she could, and we the audience, could connect to him. Then the staring contest stuff would work, because we would already have a relationship and understanding of him.

The other problem was some bad choices in Cinematography/editor/director coverage.

In the kitchen, they had a minute long scene, but only about one or two words a line.
So they kept cutting back and forth on singles.
I think they should have done the classic 2 shot and just let the air between them show, instead of the staring contest.
(they do that 3 conversations later and it works much better)
Some other amatuer coverage kinda ruins some scenes, but its not that bad.

The cowboy riding off into the sunset ending really didnt do it for me either.

Plus, as the protaganist, he was a real phyco without remorse, and never learned anything the whole time. So the dudes character development wasnt there either. (think of him in the elevator, and had no problem with it, or remorse, and hes the good guy, and we are supposed to connect and identify with him?? )

ESmorz
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Plus, as the protaganist, he was a real phyco without remorse, and never learned anything the whole time. So the dudes character development wasnt there either. (think of him in the elevator, and had no problem with it, or remorse, and hes the good guy, and we are supposed to connect and identify with him?? )

In a weird way I think all your gripes were kind of the point of his character.

Maybe I just suck at critiquing films and I know you're involved in the industry, but it kind of seems like he was supposed to be the most extreme anti-hero you could imagine, and you're only going to like him because Ryan Gosling's performance is so good. To boot he was rolled up in a story that was Pretty Woman with a face stomping.

All in all I enjoyed it for how unconventional it was.

/hipster

ericcastro
10-04-2011, 06:19 PM

Maybe I just suck at critiquing films and I know you're involved in the industry, but it kind of seems like he was supposed to be the most extreme anti-hero you could imagine, and you're only going to like him because Ryan Gosling's performance is so good. To boot he was rolled up in a story that was Pretty Woman with a face stomping.

/hipster
Regardless of what he is supposed to be.
The keys of script writing need to be there.
There is no way anyone identifies with him, and there is no growth.

I think that the issues come from it being based off a book.
In books that strong silent type shit works great, because we get to hear thoughts of characters.
But when transfered to the screen, he just stares for minutes.

And the whole cowboy into the sunset crap, so much like a book.
Book characters are so cheesy, and they need to change them for the screen.
Imagine what a douchebag Dirk would be from all the clive clussler novels. All those stupid lines that come off as cool in a book, but would just sound stupid to actually hear it out loud.

ESmorz
10-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Regardless of what he is supposed to be.
The keys of script writing need to be there.
There is no way anyone identifies with him, and there is no growth.

I think that the issues come from it being based off a book.
In books that strong silent type shit works great, because we get to hear thoughts of characters.
But when transfered to the screen, he just stares for minutes.

And the whole cowboy into the sunset crap, so much like a book.
Book characters are so cheesy, and they need to change them for the screen.
Imagine what a douchebag Dirk would be from all the clive clussler novels. All those stupid lines that come off as cool in a book, but would just sound stupid to actually hear it out loud.

Wanna cuddle and watch A Fistful of Dollars?

ericcastro
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Wanna cuddle and watch A Fistful of Dollars?

We can cuddle and watch a different kind of fisting movie.......

theronin
10-05-2011, 12:48 AM

/hipster

completely agree!

couldn't have said it better.

classy240
10-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Not as good as The Notebook

ZilviaKid
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
first 10 minutes were amazing

then it sucked any time they tried to have character development

then it got good again

6/10

blingbling
10-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I loved this, I walked in expecting that it was going to be some over dramatic, hollywood fuck up. I was pleasantly suprised when it turned out to be full of emotion, good acting, and an unpredictable twist. I don't think anyone walked into this movie believing that it was going to follow the story line that it did and I praise the director for that.

BustedS13
10-05-2011, 10:04 PM
first 10 minutes were amazing

then it sucked any time they tried to have character development

then it got good again

6/10

lol deja vu, i just read this review in the new yorker

ZilviaKid
10-05-2011, 11:05 PM
clearly i should start a blog then

anton1o
10-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Watched it the other night, I enjoyed it and i think for the budget they would of had and the audience it was aimed towards people will come out and say it was pretty good.

6/10.. Its definetly a good relaxing enjoying movie, and not a F&F style action packed.