PDA

View Full Version : Ka24 turbo and rebuild

nandom
09-07-2011, 10:47 PM
aight guys so i want opinions and options. I've been doing a lot of research and still debating on what i want to do and how to go about it. so please any advise would be greatly appreciated and please no negative talk guys everyone has their own thoughts and opinions and im just trying to learn. thanx!

so here is the situation. i have a 95 240sx and i want to rebuild the ka24 engine and put a GT28, not sure which one i hear there is two types? anyways, i took my friends ka24 off his 91. now i here there is only compression issues but nothing to major, correct? i plan on doing this the right way and im doing everything myself. im not sure what i truly want to gain off the turbo as far as performance i just want power and just try something different. now i also read if im doing a gt28 i should just do a gt30 but may run into some clearance issues? not sure but any thoughts and suggestions would help. also if you have anu thoughts on certain pistons and parts i will need please suggest them ive looked at some stuff on briancrower.com but not to sure on what to get i know it depends on compression at least from what i read. thanx zilvia

fliprayzin240sx
09-07-2011, 11:47 PM
You have alot to learn...honestly, start by figuring out a power goal first. Then start asking about how you can attain that goal with what you want to use. If you're dead set on going KA-T, go bounce around KA-T.org.

sr20sean
09-08-2011, 12:11 AM
you really should search otherwise this is just going to end up in people calling you an idiot and you getting hurt over it.

there are many different t28 setups. gt28 is just a generalized version of garrett's turbo models. gt2871r, gt2876r, gt2860r, gt2860rs, gt2854r, the list goes on...

pistons/compression ratio: really depend on your application and your power goals. drift? drag? road race? daily driver/weekend warrior?

gaskets: for the love of god please stay away from cometic. theyre cheap for a reason(think single time use)

tuning: tons of possibilities out there. ROM tunes, piggyback setup(emanage, safc, etc.) or even a full standalone setup(aem ems, haltech, megasquirt)

youre going to want at least an oil pressure gauge, boost gauge, and a wideband A/F gauge. those low end air fuel gauges are just glorified volt meters basically since the o2 sensor really just tells the ecu "too rich time to lean out the fuel" "oh now its too lean time to add fuel" then repeat so the gauge is always going to be moving.

i lost patience with typing this so search for more info.