PDA

View Full Version : The Worst States To Be A Drifter In???

DoobieS13
09-06-2011, 10:14 PM
anyone live in states where there are no events or anywhere to drift at all(safely. Talk of Illegal Activities Deleted).

Delaware as no events and we have tried to get events and work with tons of different people on trying to get something up but it always fails.

Talk of Illegal Activities Deleted

so basically everyone just gives up on drifting and autoX's(not hating)..or just gives up...it's a shame. :picardfp:

xnissan240sx
09-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Have the same problem only in Canada. But I that's why we Talk of Illegal Activities Deleted. Would be nice to get on a track bu they just keep closing.

SLEEPYDUB
09-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Louisiana is pretty bad. Have to drive to Texas for an event

supramon808
09-06-2011, 10:24 PM
HAWAII... ISLAND OF OAHU...NO TRACK for over 6 years now... all we have Talk of Illegal Activities Deleted...i dnt think building a track is even on the agenda here...

Nicelyphe
09-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Pennsylvania. This place sucks for that kind of stuff :(

evomike
09-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Clubloose runs events on both sides of pa in Pittsburgh and right over the bridge at englishtown. If your in pa or Delaware it doesn't suck at all your somewhat close to some of the best grassroot events in the us.

DoobieS13
09-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Clubloose runs events on both sides of pa in Pittsburgh and right over the bridge at englishtown. If your in pa or Delaware it doesn't suck at all your somewhat close to some of the best grassroot events in the us.

ive been to two loose nights events a few years ago...and really its not worth the money(to me) to go. i live in lower Delaware. 45 mins from md line. its takes me almost 4 1/2 hours to get up there. i have no trailer. it was just me, a pair of tires, a jack, some tools and a racing seat. it sucked. i got there and had 6 runs.

the other event i got there late and missed b group so i only got 3 runs. so pissed cuz i spun on my first two.

i would love to go to there weekend events but the money in tolls and gas would be crazy with having to pay to get in.

if i lived in northern DE i would totally go all the time. i just wish there was something in a 1-2 hour driving distance

k-love
09-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Northern DE used to have alot of stuff going on with me and a few buddies going out weekly, but everyones building something now, but we still go out every once in a while!

Nicelyphe
09-06-2011, 11:10 PM
From what a heard a track was suppose to be built in Reading, PA. Then the last thing I heard was that they couldnt get permits due to noise. Figures =\..

EDIT: I believe it was this one Formula Motorsports Park, Reading, PA, (proposed road course)

!Zar!
09-06-2011, 11:43 PM
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/inns/florida-inns.gif

evomike
09-06-2011, 11:48 PM
ive been to two loose nights events a few years ago...and really its not worth the money(to me) to go. i live in lower Delaware. 45 mins from md line. its takes me almost 4 1/2 hours to get up there. i have no trailer. it was just me, a pair of tires, a jack, some tools and a racing seat. it sucked. i got there and had 6 runs.

the other event i got there late and missed b group so i only got 3 runs. so pissed cuz i spun on my first two.

i would love to go to there weekend events but the money in tolls and gas would be crazy with having to pay to get in.

if i lived in northern DE i would totally go all the time. i just wish there was something in a 1-2 hour driving distance

It'll take you maybe 3 hours and it's completely worth it if not you don't care enough, Bros from far away to drive at ecb freedom moves etc. Saying there is no events around is rediculous track days aren't cheap that's just how it is and always will be.

word sux
09-06-2011, 11:53 PM
I drive 3 hours to go to club loose and you don't hear me bitching.

florida deff has drift events...

S14_drift junkE
09-07-2011, 12:08 AM
it seems like almost anywhere in the states sucks for drifting. I have yet to compete myself here in the states so all this is just what my perception is. i live on the central coast of cali. about 2.5 hrs north of LA, not sure how long itll take to any of the tracks, so i say 2.5-3. thats almost a tank of gas down there, fill up when i get down there, fill up again to go home, tires, and CRAZY HIGH track entries of 100+. so im looking at 300 plus dollars for a few hrs/6 or so runs? IMO F THAT. maybe im being a complainer, but its just not worth my time. I just came from japan, where the track was small but 25 minutes away, 40 bucks for half day 80 for ALL DAY. not this BS 6 runs, im saying you go on the track/get off the track as you please.

slowvia
09-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Oregon doesnt have anthing. We used to have events at PIR but they got shut down after loosing so much money. Closest thing we have is Seattle.

Err, well, we have PARC, but nothing that Im aware of where you can go to practice if you get my drift.

Walperstyle
09-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I don't get how someone that buys a house near a race track years after the track is built bitches enough and they get the track closed down.

You try that to an airport, they tell you to go away

backwards ass society

ILoveMyRHS13
09-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Pennsylvania. This place sucks for that kind of stuff :(
This, but just go to Englishtown if you live on the east side of PA, and Beaverun if you live in the west side. It's really not thaaaaat bad.

OP- Go to Englishtown sometime, great events.

From what a heard a track was suppose to be built in Reading, PA. Then the last thing I heard was that they couldnt get permits due to noise. Figures =\..

EDIT: I believe it was this one Formula Motorsports Park, Reading, PA, (proposed road course)
Negative, ghostrider. Liberty Bell Motorsports Park WILL be built and open in 2013 right here in Berks county. I will only have to drive 20 minutes to get to an event then. :D

delado
09-07-2011, 12:53 AM

huh? Florida is blessed with PLENTY events occurring in major North, and South cities.

Rafa-Z
09-07-2011, 12:56 AM
San Diego, CA is pretty bad for drift events. We have to disguise them as ghymkana events so that they will let us do the event. The good thing is there are events a couple hours away in riverside, irwindale and palmdale.

S14_drift junkE if you live 2 hours from LA you should be closer than me to willow springs. Its 4 hour drive for me and you get to drift all day. I cant count the number of runs I got to drive last time I was there. Plus the guys from justdrift are really cool too.

GWB654
09-07-2011, 01:49 AM
HAWAII... ISLAND OF OAHU...NO TRACK for over 6 years now... all we have is the streets...i dnt think building a track is even on the agenda here...

Amen!!!! The worst part about Oahu is unlike the continental USA we cannot drive to an event in another state!!!!!!! Our politicians hate anything to do with motorsports cause if they did we would have something!

towlie
09-07-2011, 05:20 AM
Oregon doesnt have anthing. We used to have events at PIR but they got shut down after loosing so much money. Closest thing we have is Seattle.

Err, well, we have PARC, but nothing that Im aware of where you can go to practice if you get my drift.

What?

Parc, hoodoo, and there's a few things east (Bend)

1.5 hrs from ptown, Bam your in Bremerton

Few more miles and your at evergreen

I don't think it's that bad

I think I'd suck to be in Montana or something, that place is dryer than an 80yo vagina

alexanderig
09-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Um yeah we have plenty of events happening all the time

conrad_s13.5
09-07-2011, 10:20 AM
St.Louis its self is pretty shitty right now, but the midwest has plenty of events worth traveling to!

lflkajfj12123
09-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Illegal Activities!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian
09-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Is street drifting an illegal activity?

theicecreamdan
09-07-2011, 11:25 AM
You try that to an airport, they tell you to go away

backwards ass society

No they don't. San Diego is spending tons of money sound insulating homes in areas around the airport.

vas570sx
09-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Is Illegal Activities an illegal activity?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

anyways, florida has plenty of events. if anything, there's to many to keep up with.

desoto speedway
palm beach international raceway
central florida road course
homestead demos
IRL once a year

I think some other tracks that i might be missing.

So yeah, we have a lot of events.

Nicelyphe
09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
This, but just go to Englishtown if you live on the east side of PA, and Beaverun if you live in the west side. It's really not thaaaaat bad.

OP- Go to Englishtown sometime, great events.

Negative, ghostrider. Liberty Bell Motorsports Park WILL be built and open in 2013 right here in Berks county. I will only have to drive 20 minutes to get to an event then. :D

Ah thank you for telling me that. Looked it up and found their site. Liberty Bell Motorsports - Home (http://libertybellmp.com/index.htm) Looks good. Actually interested to go there when its complete.

Sarom_ps13
09-07-2011, 11:47 AM
What?

I think I'd suck to be in Montana or something, that place is dryer than an 80yo vagina

Pgp also closer than evergreen

Packwood once a year sometimes twice with smackdown

That new track thats in the process of building in shelton

Illegal Activities..

lol..

ThatGuy
09-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Is street drifting an illegal activity?

Good question, Brian. Let's go to the tape:

http://zilvia.net/rules.html

Illegal Activities

Zilvia does not condone illegal activities, and posting about performing such activities is not permitted. Anything that is illegal falls under this, from murder to jaywalking. While it is true that some US states may permit the consumption of federally-banned substances for medicinal purposes only, Zilvia is an international forum, and holds itself to the highest standard possible. Note that discussion of topics is not permitted - you can argue marijuana legalization all day long - just know that there will be repercussions to admitting culpability in regards to something illegal.

Now, since every state has laws concerning careless driving, reckless driving, improper driving, and/or driving without due care and attention, then it is safe to say that "drifting" on public roadways/streets/throughways/etc falls into the illegal category.

Thanks for the question. Have a great day. :bow:

Brian
09-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I think you're right.

The proof is in the pudding.

Walperstyle
09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
No they don't. San Diego is spending tons of money sound insulating homes in areas around the airport.

thats super lame

Wake
09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I think you're right.

MMMMMMMM Snak pak.

To the OP bitching about having to drive to events. I live in the bay area, one of the most populated areas in northern california. Cali is supposed to be like drift mecca or some shit.:rolleyes:
The only drift events in the state are either in Socal (6 hour drive) or infineon (3 hrs) or thunderhill (4-5 hrs) so, It doesnt matter what state your in. Unless your super close to a popular track your assed out.
Seems like the east coast has twice as many events a year than we do. You just have to love your sport enough to drive so you can drift.

revcyanide
09-07-2011, 01:37 PM
shit i thought colorado was eh, since we dont have a real track to drift on right now.

but the infeild at PPIR, autox lot at PPIR, lots of huge parking lot events, colorado national speedway is ok, a few kart tracks.

PPIR has been talking about building a road course for years, that would be sweet if they did.

all within 1-2 hour drive.
i'm surprised there is not more people who drift here.

fullthrottle
09-07-2011, 01:49 PM
In saint Louis we have a good 300 miles to our closest event and there really isn't much talk of how much it sucks I drive so far. We have quAlity events in the Midwest which makes it worth it.

DoobieS13
09-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm just saying that it becomes to be a pain in the ass sometimes for a person like me that makes shit money(mid 300's every two weeks). i just would like to see local events in my state

slowvia
09-07-2011, 02:13 PM
What?

Yeah I guess youre right, I just want something here in Eugene so I dont have to drive my beater that far, lol, Im lazy.

NNOCENT
09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I think you're right.

i think the pudding is in the proof :squintd:

DenkiMan!
09-07-2011, 02:56 PM
when im in md, im about 1hr 20min from summit point raceway, wv and about 40min from ods in manassas, va - although that place is meh.....guess i take these things for granted lol

when im at school im about 40min from cfrc in orl. but i really want to go to desoto sometime soon

Gnnr
09-07-2011, 03:10 PM
FL is full of events, don't know what Zar is talking about....

KiLLeR2001
09-07-2011, 03:17 PM
FL is full of events, don't know what Zar is talking about....

Zar hates on Florida because he thinks he's being trendy. I mean something has to be wrong with him on a mental level; unless hes 16 years old, plastering Justin Bieber all over his account is kinda creepy.

word sux
09-07-2011, 03:57 PM
maybe instead of posting threads on car forums bitching about how theres no events in your area you get off you butts and go try and get an event together.

DoobieS13
09-07-2011, 05:25 PM
maybe instead of posting threads on car forums bitching about how theres no events in your area you get off you butts and go try and get an event together.

tried but no one wants to back us up. we've even had people guys come down from N.J to demo for these people that own dover downs raceway(nascar) to see if we can have events in there back parking lots where they have autoX. they seemed to like it but after a week they said no.

Matej
09-07-2011, 05:36 PM
My guess would be Alaska.
Although they have the nicest roads out of all states, and the best scenery.