PDA

View Full Version : Widening stock s13 SE rim?

jakez
09-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok this is hard to search for (as everything is with vbulletin) so had to make a thread.

I want to keep my stock look, but I need more rubber in back than 205's, and I don't want to throw 225/235's on stock rims either, is there a place that will weld the stock rims to make them wider? Is this highly dangerous?

Or if someone can suggest a stock rim from another car that is at least 7-8in wide that will look mild and stock on an s13. But it would have to really look stock, I don't want it to look like I have different rims trying to be cool (no offense to anyone with rims! I just like the clean stock look).

simmode1
09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Shoulda searched.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/327620-widening-wheels-thread.html

But I think Diamond Racing steelies or going 5 lug with 350Z wheels would be a better bargain for you.

rat240
09-06-2011, 06:57 PM
sportmaxx wheels with stock OEM base hubcaps

Skilz10179
09-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration (http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/)

I know a couple people to have wheels widened by them, the do great work.

jakez
09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Eh I shoulda just left out the going to different stock rims thing, nothing is going to look stock lol. Plus I'd have to buy 4 of them.

Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration (http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/)

I know a couple people to have wheels widened by them, the do great work.

Any ideas on pricing? Just emailed them thanks.

bejota180sx
09-07-2011, 10:51 AM
i know you said no, but besides the Z33 wheels, some people have those 17inch sentra se-r wheels on and they look very stock looking... just an idea.

SRTFerg
09-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Kind of off question but do you happen to have any pics of your srts?

slower than you
09-07-2011, 11:16 PM
I think you should go for it.

There have been plenty if bad ideas, and wasted money with these cars, but this one might take the cake. In fact, it's so pointless, that I think it might actually be a first, in a world where everything has already been done.

fliprayzin240sx
09-07-2011, 11:24 PM
The problem with this idea is that for the amount you'll spend getting this shit done, itll be cheaper to just buy a new set of brand new aftermarket rims.

sr20sean
09-08-2011, 12:29 AM
i dont think you can widen s13 se wheels since the barrel of the wheel isnt on a lip. its just a regular flush face. all you would be cutting off to widen was the little tiny lip which wouldnt effect beading the tire.

Wake
09-08-2011, 12:39 AM
I thought about this for a long time for a vert project.

Then I decided on these.

http://tanakatire.web.infoseek.co.jp/505_12/Shallen_AX.jpg

Hashiriya415
09-08-2011, 01:26 AM
What's wrong with 235 on stock 6in wheel?

zooopreme
09-08-2011, 10:41 AM
What's wrong with 235 on stock 6in wheel?

bulge for daaaayz, no but on a serious note, I think 6" is too narrow for that size tires.

blueshark123
09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Why the fuck would anyone want to widen these ugly fucking rims is mind boggling to me. Shit would be more expensive then buying rims and u can probably only widen the backspacing on these rims meaning there is not much room to widen at all before u hit ur struts so stop trying to reinvent the wheel

drift freaq
09-08-2011, 12:12 PM
I remember back in the day there was a guy that widened S14SE wheels. They actually are decent looking wheels. I do not see why anyone would want to widen S13SE wheels. While better than steelies for stock they are nothing to write home about in the looks department. IMO.
Like people have said above. By the time you get done spending the money on widening factory wheels, you could probably buy a set of aftermarkets that were nicer.

dOMEmE
09-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I remember back in the day there was a guy that widened S14SE wheels. They actually are decent looking wheels. I do not see why anyone would want to widen S13SE wheels. While better than steelies for stock they are nothing to write home about in the looks department. IMO.
Like people have said above. By the time you get done spending the money on widening factory wheels, you could probably buy a set of aftermarkets that were nicer.

yea agree... but i guess if money isnt an issue he could just spend the moolah widen his rims...eh...

jakez
09-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Found out the pricing and including having to ship the rims, paying to have tires taken off and remounted again. The cost is just ridiculous even though it's what I really want to do, like $500+. If I could find somewhere local near Orlando that would do all of that then I'd do it for like $300. But I guess I'll just have to go for some nice aftermarkets :/

Kind of off question but do you happen to have any pics of your srts?

Sure, now that I think about it I've never even taken a pic of the 240 yet. :-/