PDA

View Full Version : New Mitsu WRC

driftstyre
11-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Based on the Lancer world car not the evolution...

http://www.rallyonline.pl/2003/pn.php?id=3875&tp=General

ZOLTAN
11-25-2003, 07:40 AM
:tweak:

.Eddie.

Stee Flo
11-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Interesting. Im still a fan of the subaru wrc car though. Whats up with the wing?

ZOLTAN
11-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Definitely form following function.
Now that I've looked at it a couple of times it's not that horrid.

.Eddie.

driftstyre
11-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Its actually designed and engineered by the same des. and eng. of the peugeot 206 wrc. Supposedly the mitsubishi wrc is the most aerodynamic of the current WRCs and you are definately correct about form following function (Though the car has grown on me already)

boro240
11-25-2003, 08:27 PM
but why is it not based off of the evo? i dont get it.

ZOLTAN
11-25-2003, 08:51 PM
but why is it not based off of the evo?
I might have the answer to this.
They might be following in Ford's footsteps and taking advantage of the fact that the U.S. market cars have larger bumpers.
Larger bumpers=more room to wiggle around the FIA's rules on aero modifications.
The focus became a far more competitive car with the larger more aerodynamic fascia.
Even the Subaru's bumper grew a little this past year.

Of course, Mitsubishi wants to sell more Lancers too.

.Eddie.

water
11-26-2003, 08:00 AM
I really hope that wing works well b/c it is definately fugly.

Way better:
http://www.swrt.com/cpimages/294799.jpg
:)

DoriftoSlut
11-26-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ZOLTAN
I might have the answer to this.
They might be following in Ford's footsteps and taking advantage of the fact that the U.S. market cars have larger bumpers.
Larger bumpers=more room to wiggle around the FIA's rules on aero modifications.
The focus became a far more competitive car with the larger more aerodynamic fascia.
Even the Subaru's bumper grew a little this past year.

Of course, Mitsubishi wants to sell more Lancers too.

.Eddie.
Um, but if i were to consider buying an Evo, and the company selling it doesnt even think that it would be the most competitive platform in the racing series for which its legacy had been based, why would i want to buy one? I wouldn't I would go buy a WRX, because Petter Solberg just won the Championship in one. And Mitsu didn't even compete the last 2 years. I hate the new EVOs. Evo 6 was groovy. New Evo looks like its... down syndrome or something. Yuck.

ZOLTAN
11-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Automobile manufacturers do not make that much money on their "performance" cars.
Take Toyota for example.
They make all their profits from their everyday joe shmoe cars.
Corrola, Camry, blah blah blah. Remember "everyday people"?
Why do you think they stopped making sports cars?
In general automobile manufacturers don't give a shit about the "enthusiasts". They're in it to make money, and performance cars don't make them all that much.

The people who would have bought an evo are still going to get one regardless of if it was the WRC champion car or not.
People who "consider" buying a vehicle because it wins things, are few and far between.

Actually, this is the only year that Mitsubishi did not compete.

.Eddie.