PDA

View Full Version : 240SX Aftermarket rear brake calipers

tuketo
08-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Are there any aftermarket rear calipers (example from a car or bike) which don't have the parking brake cable part, but that bolt on to stock 240sx rotors or that require small amount of work to mount, for example a simple bracket or slotting the holes.
I have no need for stock caliper with parking cable, since I got hydro, I would like something more simple, preferably aluminum to shave a little weight. Wilwood drag setup would be nice, but too much.
I'm just checking my options before I buy some remanufactured calipers because my current ones are leaking and need to go.
Anyone out there try something different, besides going bigger and heavier, I don't want the z32 brakes for this track/drift car.

RedSiBaron
08-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Don't worry about your rear brakes, they barely do anything anyway...if you want aftermarket, wilwood is really your best option, I doubt you'll find better bang for the buck besides z brakes...

Chaluska
08-30-2011, 01:13 PM
don't worry about your rear brakes, they barely do anything anyway...if you want aftermarket, wilwood is really your best option, i doubt you'll find better bang for the buck besides z brakes...

+1

msglngth

hOngsterr
08-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Are there any aftermarket rear calipers (example from a car or bike) which don't have the parking brake cable part, but that bolt on to stock 240sx rotors or that require small amount of work to mount, for example a simple bracket or slotting the holes.
I have no need for stock caliper with parking cable, since I got hydro, I would like something more simple, preferably aluminum to shave a little weight. Wilwood drag setup would be nice, but too much.
I'm just checking my options before I buy some remanufactured calipers because my current ones are leaking and need to go.
Anyone out there try something different, besides going bigger and heavier, I don't want the z32 brakes for this track/drift car.

i recommend the Z31 rear bracket upgrade, when you do that you can use the Z31 REAR caliper bracket and run 02-06? Altima rotors which is bigger then your stock ones, i recommend. Theres a few threads out there.