PDA

View Full Version : cant sleep!, crazy wierd fucking dreams what you guys think!

CleanAndLegit
08-27-2011, 06:30 AM
so tonight is the first time i couldnt really sleep i got 1 hr of sleep, and i keeo getting some crazy dreams where i think im astroprojecting myself (idk man) and randomly feel like im getting attacked, i sweat like a mofo and cant get any shut eye!

thrax
08-27-2011, 07:45 AM
There's been a lot of uncertainty in the world economy since the big crash of 2008. These feelings of uncertainty have left many people with bad dreams and sleepless nights. You are probably not alone.

BustedS13
08-27-2011, 08:25 AM
it's probably cancer
head cancer

towlie
08-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Don't take acid before you go to bed

CleanAndLegit
08-27-2011, 09:48 AM
mannn ): i had 1 hr of sleep and i had a dream where i woke up with a tarantula and it was in a ball like dead i put outside my room and it kinda crawled a bit but it was injured, and then i was told to kill it so i threw a shoe at it and it tryed to bite me but i was in a wake sleep and it felt as if my covers protected me from my bite

airhead
08-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Lay off the "uhm uhm " max, stick to trees haha.
hah i had those nights before. Just smoke before you go to bed.

ronmcdon
08-27-2011, 10:09 AM
it's probably stress/anxiety related.

if 'astral projection' experiences (or 'out-of-body' experiences) are involved,
then it's likely that has been going on for some time.
Out-of-body experiences are not to confused with hallucinations and delusions, totally different.

The important thing to look out for is if you feel you may fit the criteria for 'depersonalization disorder'.
Check out the Wiki link I provided.
I would consider seeking help if that might be the case, especially if it's impeding on your social or work life, or just causing you a lot of distress.

check out the wiki link;

Depersonalization disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization_disorder)

There's been a lot of uncertainty in the world economy since the big crash of 2008. These feelings of uncertainty have left many people with bad dreams and sleepless nights. You are probably not alone.

that is true, no thanks to Canada.

CleanAndLegit
08-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Lay off the "uhm uhm " max, stick to trees haha.
hah i had those nights before. Just smoke before you go to bed.

ahaha the uhm uhm? freakin j and i was gonna smoke to relax but i havent gone to the clinic in awhile.

it's probably stress/anxiety related.

if 'astral projection' experiences (or 'out-of-body' experiences) are involved,
then it's likely that has been going on for some time.
Out-of-body experiences are not to confused with hallucinations and delusions, totally different.

The important thing to look out for is if you feel you may fit the criteria for 'depersonalization disorder'.
Check out the Wiki link I provided.
I would consider seeking help if that might be the case, especially if it's impeding on your social or work life, or just causing you a lot of distress.

check out the wiki link;

Depersonalization disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization_disorder)

that is true, no thanks to Canada.

i do think its stress or anxiety related, and i kinda skimmed through the wiki. i have had a panic attack recently but idk it was just super random. The out of body stuff, well ill explain a bit further, when i tried sleeping, i kept getting wierd random feelings like i was being attacked and i when i tried sleeoping i was feeling a little paranoid. i started sweating like crazy, anyway i kept trying to sleep but i couldnt, and then around 3-4 i slept about 30mins but thats in total. Aha i kept waking up every 5 mins checking if i was still in bed (i felt like i was leaving my body wierd dreams, anyway at one point i was asleep for about 10mins and i was floating around in my dream and i heard someone knock on a door or something and someone said dont answer and wake up, so i woke up and didnt try sleeping till 7 am got an hr of sleep had a wierd dream idk man but all those thoughts kinda dissapeared

edit: i think what i was feeling would be more of a delusion

Biggamehit
08-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Bro just drink some Tussin and you will be straight.

CleanAndLegit
08-27-2011, 12:06 PM
thanks im considering!
every option if it keeps happening

nismo 240sx
08-27-2011, 12:07 PM
haha its called outer body expericenes...i had alot of them..you see your slef sleep and then freak out and try to get up and your frozen and cant do anything about it..this usualy happens when i super super tired and havent had much sleep

CleanAndLegit
08-27-2011, 12:12 PM
haha its called outer body expericenes...i had alot of them..you see your slef sleep and then freak out and try to get up and your frozen and cant do anything about it..this usualy happens when i super super tired and havent had much sleep
the thing is i wasnt tired whatsoever and yeah i didnt see my self so thats why i figured it was a delusion hallucination but idk what would cause it and why i would be soo paranoid!

Sumslapper
08-27-2011, 12:32 PM
drink some nyquil that will knock you out

BustedS13
08-27-2011, 01:31 PM
personally, whenever i take nyquil or tylenol pm, my dreams are fucking horrifying.

speeddream
08-27-2011, 01:35 PM
its probably due to all those chemicals you use to clean carpets foo. They are getting to you.

CleanAndLegit
08-27-2011, 02:12 PM
^^^ ahahaha nah man i hardly use any chemicals that we could breath in lol

gearhead55
08-27-2011, 02:26 PM
personally, whenever i take nyquil or tylenol pm, my dreams are fucking horrifying.

yea, i have had sleeping issues my whole life, i've tried a bunch of different sleeping pills and they all give me fucking trippy ass dreams. I already have weird dreams naturally though.

Running/working out before going to sleep helps me sleep more soundly with less dreams. Smoking the ganj helps too. Don't drink red wine before sleeping, the iron supposedly creates strange dreams.

On a different note, i have dreams about driving ALL THE TIME. Different cars and they are feel like they should, like a Ferrari 250 GTO that felt powerful and rev happy with a communicative suspension and a heavy, precise shifter. Automatic 1940 merc hot rod with tall gearing, which felt slow but a good highway cruiser. 4cyl WWII jeep. Of course S chassis too. ETC. Very realistic dreams.

airhead
08-27-2011, 02:49 PM
That out of body experience is true had that happen to me 2 times I had my reasons why that happen, I cant discuss it here.
scary shii like sleep,dream, then realize your dreaming, then tell your self to wake up in your dream but you cant cuz ur body feels paralized for a couple a sec.
They say when this happends is when you have a demon on top of your chest haha.
Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis)

Then again i always had sleeping problems.

airhead
08-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Take vitamin B6 250mg or 5-HTP before bed and tell me what happens in the morning >.<

Max, your always trippin out lol i remember that time in your garage we had to give you a banana hahahah

demonspeed
08-27-2011, 03:00 PM
In order to project yourself, you have to have family members that do it. Its very random to just 'learn' it and even more random for it to happen with no formal training. OP, when you 'project' and you hear things, do you know who is talking? Heres a tip...when you are dreaming or projecting, try to find something in your dream that will make you know youre dreaming...lack of gravity is a prime example. Once you realize youre dreaming, you make the rules. Yes, i take this shit seriously lol!

airhead
08-27-2011, 03:07 PM
^inception? http://growthexpertblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/inception-top.jpg
Make sure you put it next to your bed so youll know.

ohh you can buy the whole kit so you know for sure your not dreaming :)
Inception Spining Top Dice Bishop Poker Chip Totem Set | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Inception-Spining-Top-Dice-Bishop-Poker-Chip-Totem-Set-/150534591737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230c8f94f9)

demonspeed
08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
^inception? http://growthexpertblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/inception-top.jpg

Inception Spining Top Dice Bishop Poker Chip Totem Set | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Inception-Spining-Top-Dice-Bishop-Poker-Chip-Totem-Set-/150534591737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230c8f94f9)

Inception no...i meant more like...jumping. sometimes my dreams are so real its scary so i jump but i come down slower..or ill try to fly like the guy from the show heroes lol!

CleanAndLegit
08-27-2011, 03:43 PM
In order to project yourself, you have to have family members that do it. Its very random to just 'learn' it and even more random for it to happen with no formal training. OP, when you 'project' and you hear things, do you know who is talking? Heres a tip...when you are dreaming or projecting, try to find something in your dream that will make you know youre dreaming...lack of gravity is a prime example. Once you realize youre dreaming, you make the rules. Yes, i take this shit seriously lol!
well i actually heard myself or some form of me telling me to wake up sounded like i think i sound, and i was floating so i knew i was dreaming, but the 2nd dream was what tripped me out even more i wwoke up in my dream and there was a tarantula in my bed curled into a ball looked dead i picked iot up and i put it outside i was told to kill it by my family members, then i tried and itzipped at me lightning fast and when it bit me i was inbetween being really awake and asleep cause the bite was felt but my covers protected me :o,

jose nah man i wasnt doing nada doode just posted was gonna sleep and couldnt, and i was listening to kaskade too lol i was tripping out aha the lyrics made it worse

lawrenceyang
08-27-2011, 04:25 PM
melatonin will solve all those problems

az_240
08-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Melatonin can be hit or miss for some people, Nyquil is bad for the liver and as mentioned can make the dreams even worse... not to mention it tastes like shit.... Marijuana is great if you don't want to dream at all but it's still hard to get a good nights sleep and can cause a groggy feeling in the morning. I've had problems sleeping for years and have tried many different pills (both prescription and OTC) but I've recently discovered an all natural over the counter pill by Nature Made called "Sleep"

First night taking it didn't do a whole lot but took it again the next night and to my surprise I was OUT. Woke up feeling refreshed too.

Have been using it ever since without any complaints.

ronmcdon
08-27-2011, 04:42 PM
ahaha the uhm uhm? freakin j and i was gonna smoke to relax but i havent gone to the clinic in awhile.

i do think its stress or anxiety related, and i kinda skimmed through the wiki. i have had a panic attack recently but idk it was just super random. The out of body stuff, well ill explain a bit further, when i tried sleeping, i kept getting wierd random feelings like i was being attacked and i when i tried sleeoping i was feeling a little paranoid. i started sweating like crazy, anyway i kept trying to sleep but i couldnt, and then around 3-4 i slept about 30mins but thats in total. Aha i kept waking up every 5 mins checking if i was still in bed (i felt like i was leaving my body wierd dreams, anyway at one point i was asleep for about 10mins and i was floating around in my dream and i heard someone knock on a door or something and someone said dont answer and wake up, so i woke up and didnt try sleeping till 7 am got an hr of sleep had a wierd dream idk man but all those thoughts kinda dissapeared

edit: i think what i was feeling would be more of a delusion

anxiety attacks can be very random, that is one of the attributes of an anxiety attack. I think the thing to look out for is whether or not it's chronic. If it's occurring often, then you ought to get medical help. (think of getting into one when driving, that could be dangerous). Anxiety attacks are also one of the more common symptoms that correlate with depersonalization disorder (if that is indeed what you have)

Otherwise, one of the best ways to deal with anxiety is just start to exercise more. Meditation can help if it works for you.

All else fails, I would suggest talking to your clinician about it. I think they may prescribe you SSRI's, which have a calming effect.

I don't think you're delusional at all (based on what I've read).
Being delusional is like coming up with some really waky ideas, and being entirely convinced they are true.
I.E. You are convinced that you are Jesus Christ.

What you may be getting at is 'hallucinations'
That is like your sensory organs are sensing things that aren't there, but you are convinced that it is.
I.E. You are convinced that you see, hear, smell, touch Jesus.

The very fact that you suspect there is something not quite right about your astral projections / out-of-body experiences goes to show you are neither delusional or hallucinating.
The term 'reality testing' is usually a way to test yourself whether you are in a dream or not.
Ppl who cannot pass this test are usually in trouble of something a whole lot worse (unless it's induced by some physiological, including drug effect).

But don't take my word for it, if you're suffering bad enough I was so go see a professional.
I would also HIGHLY discourage you from self-medicating, esp if the advice isn't given from ppl with any education/training in medicine.

CleanAndLegit
08-27-2011, 05:15 PM
anxiety attacks can be very random, that is one of the attributes of an anxiety attack. I think the thing to look out for is whether or not it's chronic. If it's occurring often, then you ought to get medical help. (think of getting into one when driving, that could be dangerous). Anxiety attacks are also one of the more common symptoms that correlate with depersonalization disorder (if that is indeed what you have)

Otherwise, one of the best ways to deal with anxiety is just start to exercise more. Meditation can help if it works for you.

All else fails, I would suggest talking to your clinician about it. I think they may prescribe you SSRI's, which have a calming effect.

I don't think you're delusional at all (based on what I've read).
Being delusional is like coming up with some really waky ideas, and being entirely convinced they are true.
I.E. You are convinced that you are Jesus Christ.

What you may be getting at is 'hallucinations'
That is like your sensory organs are sensing things that aren't there, but you are convinced that it is.
I.E. You are convinced that you see, hear, smell, touch Jesus.

The very fact that you suspect there is something not quite right about your astral projections / out-of-body experiences goes to show you are neither delusional or hallucinating.
The term 'reality testing' is usually a way to test yourself whether you are in a dream or not.
Ppl who cannot pass this test are usually in trouble of something a whole lot worse (unless it's induced by some physiological, including drug effect).

But don't take my word for it, if you're suffering bad enough I was so go see a professional.
I would also HIGHLY discourage you from self-medicating, esp if the advice isn't given from ppl with any education/training in medicine.
yeah that was the first time i ever had an attack like that(2weeks ago) and this whole not being able to sleep was the first time its happened, and yeah ill take that exercise idea, and i tried meditating around 7 and i ended clearing my head pretty well and got that 1hr of sleep before that crazy dream, and whatever it is if it happens again tonight ill go see a professional, but for now strong minded ill keep trying to be :D, thanks tho(:

towlie
08-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Have you ever had an out of body experience?

scuba_steve91
08-27-2011, 08:22 PM
have sex
msglength

DS562
08-27-2011, 10:16 PM
you think you got troubles sleeping?

im house sitting for my cousins this weekend.
right after i turn the lights off to go to bed, one of my neices toys turns on and says "we cant wait to play with you!" fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Crondy
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
dont go to a fucking theorapist or whatever for this shit, do your own research and find out what's possible with this new option of yours. you meditated before this shit happend and it was your first time, so doesnt that in itself say something? ive been trying to accomplish what you just did for about a year now, maybe a little more. so annoying when you wake up from a retarded dream that SCREAMS this place aint fucking real. marijuana is what's holding me back, finally realizing this.

Crondy
11-21-2011, 12:07 PM
and for anybody that thinks sleep paralysis is a sleeping DISORDER, is fueling the american greed.

slydin240sx
11-21-2011, 12:24 PM
you think you got troubles sleeping?

im house sitting for my cousins this weekend.
right after i turn the lights off to go to bed, one of my neices toys turns on and says "we cant wait to play with you!" fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

I LoL'd! :D

sil80owner
11-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Insidious O_O

Crondy
11-21-2011, 02:20 PM
insidious is the greatest horror film of this decade haha, and entities and shit like that live all around us everyday. From my readings and understanding they're kinda just like the movie, they wish to be alive basicly. but we, being alive, have more power and can shun them with the thought of a bubble ;)

To end this discussion of the origins of the OBE, an event
considered unbelievable by many and metaphysical by others, let's
consider the state of affairs that is considered normal: the "in-
the-body" experience. What does it mean to be in a body? Saying
that one is in a body implies that the self is an object with
definite borders capable of being contained by the boundaries of
another object -- the physical body. However, we do not have any
evidence that the self is such a concrete thing. What we think of
as "out-of-body" in an OBE is the experience of the self. This
experience of being "in" a body is normally based on perceptual
input from the senses of both the world external to the body and
the processes within the body. These give us a sense of
localization of the self in space. However, it is the body, and
its sense organs, that occupy a specific locus, not the self. The
self is not the body or the brain. If we think that the self is a
product of brain function, even this does not make it reasonable
to state that the self is in the brain -- is the meaning
contained in these words in this page? It may not make any sense
on an objective level to say that the self is anywhere. Rather,
the self is where it feels itself to be. Its location is purely
subjective and derived from input from the sensory organs.

Full passage:
Out-Of-Body Experiences and Lucid Dreams (http://www.lucidity.com/NL32.OBEandLD.html)

This stuff has been around LOOOONG before any of us can remember.

k.man
11-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Maybe I can help....

Why Do We Dream? Video (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81940062/)

dsastr_clan
11-21-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm but insidious was horrible, there was nothing horrific about it, the whole movie was pretty much predictable from the beginning, sorry of being out of topic

anthonyr sil8ty
11-21-2011, 05:34 PM
if you dont wake up every nite in sweats your not living life to the fullest(sarcasm of course).

nevertheless
11-21-2011, 05:37 PM
if you dont wake up every nite in sweats your not living life to the fullest(sarcasm of course).

http://www.robbinssports.com/images/jerzees-super-sweats-fleece-sweatpant-with-pockets.jpg

I prefer sleeping nude.

anthonyr sil8ty
11-21-2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.robbinssports.com/images/jerzees-super-sweats-fleece-sweatpant-with-pockets.jpg

I prefer sleeping nude.

rofl, touche

Grocery Cart
11-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Embrace that shit.
Become Lucid

collegekid
11-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Can you describe your sleep schedule? Is it like routine, basically do you have your own bedtime? Im not a medical professional or anything like that but i would start with getting other shit in order. Idk if you actually do drugs or whatever but i would try and do more shit thats healthy for you like excercise or changing you diet, maybe even try going to sleep around the same time for a few nights.

Like i know this sounds fuckin retarded but i remember when i was actually in decent shape back in high school. I worked out pretty good and ate relatively healthy besides the shitty cafeteria food at lunch. Now that im in college, working retarded hours, staying out late and sleeping weird hours, and my body is so outta whack. It is really hard to break the cycle of doing retarded shit like that, but make changes little by little before you sit there and try different pills, and try to teach yourself shit about controlling your dreams and whatnot.
Im not sittin here arguing that lucid dreaming and other crap doesnt work, im just saying if i were you, I would try shit about living a healthier lifestyle before you sit there and fuck with your subconscious and shit like that. Good luck dude, and btw i have some CRAZYYY dreams like you do, scares the shit out of me at night. For the past week I have had night sweats and when i sleep i feel like im constantly falling or being pulled down by something.

Crondy
11-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Nutrition is a big factor, it comes easier for healthy people. Breathing is the main thing though, I believe anybody can have an OBE at any point in time no matter the environment and no matter the state of the mind at the time.

Crondy
11-22-2011, 09:10 AM
And insidious, i didnt think it was down right terrifying i just thought it was well put together with a good few twists.

conrad_s13.5
11-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Lucid Dreaming

google that ish
u'll WANT to sleep

zspeedrft
11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I wanna smoke whatever it is ur on! Shoot me a pm with info

CleanAndLegit
11-26-2011, 12:06 AM
I wanna smoke whatever it is ur on! Shoot me a pm with info
Crack cocaine with a hint of meth,
on topid, it hasnt happened lately only a few every now and then, ive been trying to work with my eating/sleeping habits, gym time etc,
and my way of thinking, but like i said yeah i still have crazy dreams and shit, but its kinda easy to evade now, im sure alot of u guys wanna tell me to embrace it but, idk i have this wierd feeling i shouldnt, im not weak minded im sure if i was id be a meth crack head or something(up there was a joke) its wierd tho i just keep getting a super bad feeling about opening up more.

Grocery Cart
11-26-2011, 05:52 PM

Hey you

http://www.bamkapow.com/d/1026-2/mind-blown-by-inception-3154-1300004918-23.jpg

conrad_s13.5
11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
So i had this dream that i was running threw a mall,. blowing people away with a shotgun,. like to pieces. Prolly after playin way too much gears of war. It was like a game kinda, i was making mad money just by killing people,....somehow,...it made sence.

I ran into one of my old managers and went to shoot, and the gun clicked,. i was like rahah,. ment to do that,. O_O'...then we both reloaded, and it was first one ready gets to live basically,.. shot her, and somehow she told me it was cool, and no hard feelings after she died,...lol

i shot another person and they blew up into a bunch of coins like scott pilgrim shit, it was that exact moment i realized 100% that i was dreaming. Didnt freak out, or wake up,. just started coming up with the coolest shit i could, because it was that fuckin awesome! Like being completely awake, but with all the dream potential! Like flying,...sounds so cliche' but,..cant even describe how real and awesome it was!

Cant wait to pull that shit off again someday!

Crondy
12-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I had my first on Monday but didnt get to do shit cause I woke up too early, and I had a dream sometime this week that happened in my life. I wish I could find this one site I cant remember.

shit