7. How To Hate (Feat T-Pain)
8. Interlude (Feat Tech N9ne)
9. John (Feat Rick Ross)
10. Abortion
11. So Special (Feat John Legend)
12. How To Love
13. President Carter
14. Its Good (Feat Drake & Jadakiss)
15. Outro (Feat Bun B, Nas, Shyne & Busta Rhymes)
(plus 3 hidden songs)

Your thoughts?

nvstyles
08-27-2011, 06:22 AM
This guys review sums it up pretty well lol.

BIG GHOST CHRONICLES: Ayo this Big Ghosts Carter IV Review son... (http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/2011/08/ayo-this-big-ghosts-carter-iv-review.html)

Phlip
08-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Downloaded it this week and haven't listened yet...

I am betting that this thread will be filled with "Wayne sucks, listen to [obscure artist whose mother doesn't even know he raps] instead"
an argument will ensue, and no one will agree with one another.

Tantwoforty
08-27-2011, 06:30 AM
yeah im sure this will get stupid.. but i was just excited.
This album has some BANGERS on it.
I wasn't impressed with the stuff from jail to now. but Carter 4 is on a whole nother level.

BIG GHOST CHRONICLES: Ayo this Big Ghosts Carter IV Review son... (http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/2011/08/ayo-this-big-ghosts-carter-iv-review.html)

imo that dude over analyzes things and has a obvious negative outlook. Enjoy the music for what it is, Im not a huge fan of every song. But there's enough win on it for me to call it a success.
Please don't start a stupid argument. share your thoughts on the album :)

Flame on.

tricky_ab
08-27-2011, 07:23 AM

Was there a review in there? I found a ton of Drake hate...Nah I'm playing. I have this on my desktop but I haven't had the chance to listen to the full album yet. In any case, I'm not sure what people were expecting from this. Doesn't seem nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be, but even The Drought, Dedication, No Ceilings, Carter I/II - whatever - never elevated him above quirky punchline generator for me. His flow was definitely tighter in his earlier shit, though.

Tantwoforty
08-27-2011, 07:32 AM
No Ceilings is probably my number one. but this is a close second for sure. haters gon hate.

Flexin
08-27-2011, 07:50 AM

hahahaha That had me rolling, and everything is so true

tricky_ab
08-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Alright what's with the Jay Z/Kanye beef?!?! And it wasn't really a good dis track...

nvstyles
08-27-2011, 11:29 AM
yeah im sure this will get stupid.. but i was just excited.
This album has some BANGERS on it.
I wasn't impressed with the stuff from jail to now. but Carter 4 is on a whole nother level.

imo that dude over analyzes things and has a obvious negative outlook. Enjoy the music for what it is, Im not a huge fan of every song. But there's enough win on it for me to call it a success.
Please don't start a stupid argument. share your thoughts on the album :)

Flame on.

Never really got into Wayne, I tried to Listen to it but I couldnt get into it. I will admit he has a few decent songs but I never really dug his style. I give it up to him for the heart though.
And beefing with Jay? Where did that come from?

tricky_ab
08-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Never really got into Wayne, I tried to Listen to it but I couldnt get into it. I will admit he has a few decent songs but I never really dug his style. I give it up to him for the heart though.

The "It's Good" track is a total Hova diss track. A really weak reaching one as well.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2959/bbmemeit.jpg

Alright I've have the chance to listen to the album while running my errands and it was a safe album for him. A few songs will have mainstream appeal, but as a whole...it's a forgettable album.

frsh4
08-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Downloaded it this week and haven't listened yet...

I am betting that this thread will be filled with "Wayne sucks, listen to [obscure artist whose mother doesn't even know he raps] instead"
an argument will ensue, and no one will agree with one another.

Link to Download. :sadwavey:

jesse_s13
08-27-2011, 02:06 PM
John and 6 foot 7 foot is pretty knarly...

The parody to John is funny as hell

LimeLite Racing
08-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Sounds pretty sick. Gonna definitely be worth the dl.

demonspeed
08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
This is just a leak right? This isnt offical i dont think. Imma give this shit a shot...i HEARD that he went back to his carter 1 roots which i hope he did (best Carter album imo) this shit better be better than sorry for the wait...

tricky_ab
08-27-2011, 02:54 PM
This is just a leak right? This isnt offical i dont think. Imma give this shit a shot...i HEARD that he went back to his carter 1 roots which i hope he did (best Carter album imo) this shit better be better than sorry for the wait...

If overselling his halfway witty lines like it's some of the most AMAZING SHIT ANYONE HAS EVER SAID, and using twitter/hash tag flows is getting back to his roots, then you're in for a treat...

simmode1
08-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Pretty much when Wayne starting referring to himself as The Best Rapper Alive after Jay-Z retired that first time. Jay didn't like the Wayne still calls himself that after Hov came back.

Did you heard Jay's dart at Young Money on the H.A.M. track? Jigga been throwing shots for a minute now.

Kojo
08-27-2011, 03:15 PM
im a pretty big wayne fan and have been since "the block is hot" days...this is a solid album,although chances are a lot of people are gona hate it just because it has a lot more slow paced beats/tracks than normal and usually people like wayne more for the "harder" stuff like 6 foot 7 foot, john, etc.

compared to carter 1/2/no ceilings/ its not ALL THAT,but theres a LOT of good beats/production and if you really LISTEN to the tracks,some good lyrics as well..

the only songs I personally didnt like is "abortion" and I never got into "how to love"..

as far as the JayZ diss track...its really not a diss TRACK from what I got listenin to it,more like a JAB at jayz in waynes verse in response to Jayz JAB on H.A.M when he said

"baby money? you ain't even got my ladys money"

to which Wayne says "talk about baby money,I got your baby money,kidnap your bitch,get that how much you love ur lady money"

might not be word for word,that was from the top of my head,but u get the point..

if I had to rate it,Id give it 3.5/5 stars

demonspeed
08-27-2011, 03:18 PM
If overselling his halfway witty lines like it's some of the most AMAZING SHIT ANYONE HAS EVER SAID, and using twitter/hash tag flows is getting back to his roots, then you're in for a treat...

Noted.....deleting torrent right now haha! matter of fact, imma go record a mixtape in a month and see how many drake/wayne references i get lol!

tqstarburst
08-27-2011, 03:20 PM
It was okay i suppose, better than "sorry for the wait" mixtape. I really don't like his style either, but there is couple or a few songs that i like. I'm more of mac miller/khalifa type of guy.
I know the link to the download it if anyone is interested but i don't know if it be bad to post it on here.

dazed
08-27-2011, 03:20 PM

[link

Lol that review is pretty bad. Not because it portrays the album in a negative way, but he over analyzes everything and I can't really follow the poor guys logic at all.

Alright what's with the Jay Z/Kanye beef?!?! And it wasn't really a good dis track...

Jay-Z dissed him on "H.A.M" saying how he had "Baby Money". That's why Wayne is like "Talkin about baby money/kidnap your girl get that how-much-you-love-your-lady-money" But agreed. I always look forward to the Boi-1da produced tracks and that was a co-collaboration between him and some other guy, it was a little disappointing. I didn't like Jadakiss on there at all. Drake goes in, Weezy is cool. Beat was just a let-down for me. It's classy, but you already have Nightmares of the Bottom for that, I wanted a fucking Boi-1da banger.

3. MegaMan - Straight BANGER. Best song imo.
4. 6 Foot, 7 Foot (Feat Cory Gunz) - Another banger, but its old
5. Nightmares Of The Bottom - Classy song. Wayne spits
6. She Will (Feat Drake) - Typical T-Minus produced banger
8. Interlude (Feat Tech N9ne) - I had huuuuge expectations for this track. I love Tech, and Wayne isn't even on his own song?
13. President Carter - Best or second best song on here
14. Its Good (Feat Drake & Jadakiss) - Cool, but somewhat of a letdown

Sorry for the wait sucked ass. No Ceilings was HEAT.

WERDdabuilder
08-27-2011, 04:19 PM
2/5.

just sounds like he threw together a bunch of weak ass punch lines that had nothing to do with anything.
other artist that were featured on the album did a better job.
and the beef with jay i think its all for publicity.

simmode1
08-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Tepid reviews for Tha Carter IV, huh? Maybe he's saving his good shit for the Drake collabo...

frsh4
08-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Found the link. So the Intro interlude and outro should just be one song which means that wayne was in the song in a way.

Phlip
08-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Adding to MusicBee library now, I will actually listen to it while I finish cooking and look for smut

*2 hours later edit*
I was cooking and attending to a 6-week-old, got a late start...

I am up to the T-Pain song and I am not NEAR liking this as much as I did Carter III. I have skipped one song, but only because I have heard it. I have only LIKED (<-- caps for effect) one song, and I have absolutely hated two.
I know I am skipping one song on the back half of this album.
With a report like this, I am guaranteed to not buy this.

Sadly, this is not much more than I expected from Wayne. He is brilliant in spurts, and FAR too prodigious with his output (quantity wise) to harness it one presentation. Apparently the constraints that come with the legalities of a retail album greatly hamper him too.
More sad is the fact that in spite of these, he is like the last dude still TRYING in hip hop, and for that I am actually enjoying this more than I did Watch The Throne. I will be done with both before my mother brings my daughter home tomorrow afternoon.

word sux
08-27-2011, 08:41 PM
lil wayne sucks

he has always sucked

he sucked in hot boyz and everything he has ever made or been involved with sucks

he has an annoying voice, his flow sucks, and to say that his lyrics seem to have been written by a retard would be a disgrace to the mentally handicapped community at large.

lil wayne represents everything wrong with rap / hip hop

/ end rant

chuki.s13.coupe.
08-27-2011, 10:06 PM
lil wayne sucks

he has always sucked

he sucked in hot boyz and everything he has ever made or been involved with sucks

he has an annoying voice, his flow sucks, and to say that his lyrics seem to have been written by a retard would be a disgrace to the mentally handicapped community at large.

/ end rant

Quoted for the mother fucking truth.

conrad_s13.5
08-29-2011, 09:20 AM
soooooooooo,... kanye produces lil waynes shit........and is best buds with Jay z,...but theres beef?

Phlip
08-29-2011, 10:08 AM
soooooooooo,... kanye produces lil waynes shit........and is best buds with Jay z,...but theres beef?

Kanye didn't do any of the beats on this album

HyperTek
08-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I dont like lil wayne either. never liked hotboyz or whoever group he started out with either. i think he did fck this lil girl 16-Year-Old Canadian Girl Responds To Rumors Of Her Losing Her Virginity To Lil Wayne - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taus6s8S9qw) you know shes lying when she says the best rapper alive lol

Sarom_ps13
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Havent heard it yet.. dont really care much about rap/hip hop.. i listen to everything mostly METAL! haha its weird cause i'm brown!

tricky_ab
08-29-2011, 05:11 PM
I dont like lil wayne either. never liked hotboyz or whoever group he started out with either. i think he did fck this lil girl 16-Year-Old Canadian Girl Responds To Rumors Of Her Losing Her Virginity To Lil Wayne - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taus6s8S9qw) you know shes lying when she says the best rapper alive lol

Yeah I had head about this a few weeks ago. I don't believe that it's true, but he was not smart of him to have this under aged girl in his tour bus. It's not a good look since there was no one else...

SLiDe_WaYz
08-29-2011, 05:38 PM
lil wayne sucks

he has always sucked

/ end rant

No, I disagree completely. Wayne may not be the best, but literally 90% of people that say what you just said are all West Coast style guys who love Tyler the Creator, Mac Miller, E40 ext. Just IMO.

Carter IV wasn't great, neither was Sorry 4 the Wait. I love Wayne but I'm a fan of the older Wayne tracks the new stuff just doesn't cut it. I like maybe 5 songs from the, soundtrack/mixtape.

And I have to say this he is the ONLY rapper that even does HipHop anymore. JayZ, is annoying IMO, never liked him, but he doesn't need to rap anymore considering he owns a empire and Beyonce has enough money to last a lifetime, and Kanye yes I like his music but I hate the dude. He's a annoying racist and all the new artist are basically paving the road for people to say Wayne is the best rapper right now. The only competition he has is maybe Wiz Khalifa, drake, Rick Ross and a few others. Other than that he has the throne right now easily.

future
08-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Wiz goes hard
Wayne has a couple hits
Jay can suck my dick cause he's never made a good song
Kanye is honestly one if my favs.he just first give a fuck

And I'm still trying to figure out who the fuck Tyler the creator is

HyperTek
08-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Wiz goes hard
Wayne has a couple hits

your only 18, i excuse you for that.

SimpleS14
08-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I LOL'd at lil Wayne trying to diss Jay-Z. Not a fan of his music and his voice is damn annoying.

Havent heard it yet.. dont really care much about rap/hip hop.. i listen to everything mostly METAL! haha its weird cause i'm brown!

You're from India? o_O

future
08-29-2011, 06:01 PM
^^^hey you may be right. But I've heard his old shit too. To this day none of his songs were anything special. He made forever young. But it was a remake.

Oh and I forgot drake. All his suit is the same! He hooks you for like the first 30 seconds with something cool, then the next three minutes are all the same shut over and over.

Did we get a review on that kanye/jay? Cause I can honestly say I own all manure albums. But will not shed 50 cents for that shit. It's just a jay z album with kanye in the songs. Shit blows

Sarom_ps13
08-29-2011, 06:07 PM
You're from India? o_O

Lmao nah man

demonspeed
08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Wiz goes hard
Wayne has a couple hits

Okay you must be a kid. Wayne has a shitload of hits whether i wanna admit it or not. IMO, wayne was hot when gillie the kid was writing for him. Now that Drake is writing for him, the young money camp just sounds the same.

Jay-Z never had a hit??? I guess if you lived under a rock...do ya homework son and then say that. Theres a reason why he got hella money and its not all because of beyoncé and Rocawear.

IMO Kanye hasnt been hot since his first 2 albums. You could hear the hunger in his verses...now that he has money, he spit cat in the hat verses lol!

ALTRNTV
08-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Wiz goes hard
Wayne has a couple hits

You say Wiz Khalifa goes hard but Jay Z has no hits? The youth these days are so fucked on what kind of music they think sounds good. Even though I can't stand Wayne, his list of hits is leaps and bounds more than Wiz's.

future
08-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Wiz is new to this. Compared to the rest

And hey I'm 19. Sorry that since I've been in music jay is pure shit lol. Not my fault. And yes kanye is not hungry anymore. His last CDs were so so. But then again. Wayne has not made magic since no ceelings and jay hasn't made anything good in my time. That blueprint cd sucked dick

And why you guys mad? Or we not nearly stating our opinions?

ALTRNTV
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
You're part of Taylor Gang huh? lol...

future
08-29-2011, 06:51 PM
My chucks are full of oil and dirty from my car. I don't think I apply tithe rules lol

demonspeed
08-29-2011, 06:55 PM

And hey I'm 19. Sorry that since I've been in music jay is pure shit lol. Not my fault. And yes kanye is not hungry anymore. His last CDs were so so. But then again. Wayne has not made magic since no ceelings and jay hasn't made anything good in my time. That blueprint cd sucked dick

Imma be the first to say that im not mad at your opinion...with that said, the Jay-z in your lifetime cant even fathom to the Jay of 95. You say you hated the blueprint, so tell me what you think about the black album. Im 26 today and i can tell you right now, you wanna hear Jay-z at his prime, pickup(or download lol) Reasonable Doubt. You were like 2 or 3 when this album came out (damn im old haha) then pick up the Sqad mixtapes by wayne and his crew. IMO, wayne hasnt made magic since the carter I...but at least we can agree on Kanye haha

fyneyoungstunna
08-29-2011, 06:58 PM
probably wont listen to wanyes albums any more, Im "one of those guys" thats just way to jaded by the mainstream stuff.

I wanted to like kanye/jay-z but I hear nothing but bad about it....might still check it out to form my own opinion.

Im an east coaster thru and thru, but I defenantly find myself bumpin OF and WP.

I dont think hiphop is dead, just...lost.

I will stick with my Tabby Tonney....syce

can never get this to work so someone have fun with it....
<iframe width="400" height="100" style="position: relative; display: block; width: 400px; height: 100px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/v=2/track=525763380/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0"><a href="http://tabibonney.bandcamp.com/track/flamingo-souffle">Flamingo Souffle by tabi Bonney x DJ Smiles Davis</a></iframe>

Phlip
08-29-2011, 07:03 PM

Actually what is being said is that your age has caused you to be casually disrespectful to what Jay-Z has done.

Reasonable Doubt
Vol 2
Vol 3
Blueprint
Black Album

That list reads like 5 classic (critically and commercially speaking, not just my opinion) albums and all were released before you'd cleared elementary school. Some argue that he has one more classic, but I call American Gangster merely a VERY good album, not classic.
Yes, "I went back and listened to them, and didn't like them" is an attempt at explaining it off, but when you discredit Jay-Z's contributions to the greater whole of hip hop, but on the other side of your mouth talk about Wiz Khalifa's "hits," I for one cannot take your opinion seriously.

What Wiz Khalifa, Drake and Big Sean - to name three - represent is this new beta-male pussy-ass soft dude rap that I just cannot allow myself to get into. Skinny jeans, tight shirts and a bunch of singing and crying.
Fuck that.

Back to the task at hand, Lil Wayne.
Oddly, I don't hate the dude, he is not what is wrong with hip hop, he is the last holdout of what was RIGHT with hip hop. There was a time where the race to get your $10 on Tuesday morning was a real competition, and he seems to be the last of a few who still try. Oh my dear God, I WISH he would put the energy into what he SELLS that he does to what he GIVES AWAY, but the legalities of sample clearance and overall politics of what to actually put on an album override, and I can understand that.
You don't have to like the guy, but his hustle and commitment to making music - and a willingness to potentially make something bad in attempts to be creative - is commendable.
That said, I am not buying Carter IV, I just didn't like it enough to spend money on it. Respect for an artist's work ethic does not feed my daughter, and when I have to compare what I might do with that $10, I could buy some beer instead.

future
08-29-2011, 07:03 PM
I guess i just missed jays high time? Lol but when I talk to older people like my tips and tias even they tell me he was never that good? But hey maybe I'll pick up a album. But I'm a 90s baby. We can't all like the same shit. But yes kanye oh kanye. I still can't get over that 808 andheart break shit lol. And his last album was cool for like a week. Noe it sucks.

To the kanye/jay I tired listining to it time and time again. It rather listen to Waynes rock album lol

tricky_ab
08-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Future coming out guns blazing...I don't agree with your Jay drop but whatever, everyone has an opinion. There's been great Jay tracks throughout the years, and I can't imagine throwing out a blanket statement like "he sucks/never made a good song"....

Seriously Wiz goes hard? What track does he really go in on?

EDIT: Posted after Philip dropped knowledge...I had this open for a bit while taking care of things around the house.

I still would like to hear what tracks Wiz goes in on...

demonspeed
08-29-2011, 07:29 PM
When Jay-Z was hot, it was around the time of the east coast vs west coast beef. Im from the world so im not biased towards a region...if music is good, its good lol! I agree with Phlip...i HATE the shit wayne puts out for sale but somewhat love the shit he puts out on mixtape.

Some more knowledge for you: did you know that some of the west coast representers arent even from the west coast? 2pac and Xzibit werent even born in Cali:) the more you know...

future
08-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Cabin fever, on my level (forget album name) and thoes have alot of good songs. His up and coming stuff is not the best.

But since were talking music. Wiz lost best new artist to Tyler the creater. Who the fuck is he!?!?

SimpleS14
08-29-2011, 08:08 PM
http://cdn1.zilvia.net/images/icons/icon14.gif x1000 to Phlip's post. Where is the LIKE button?!?

IMO Kanye hasnt been hot since his first 2 albums. You could hear the hunger in his verses...now that he has money, he spit cat in the hat verses lol!

I thought Graduation was a good album too. lol @ cat in hat verses...I can definitely see him doing that lol

FusionR240sx
08-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Wiz goes hard
Wayne has a couple hits

what the fuck? are you serious? wiz is terrible. everything he does in songs is repetitive. and seeing him in concert is worse. he has no energy while on stage at all. i left after he performed 1 song.

wayne on the other hand.. this album was a appointment. he's not the best, but is very good. has tons of energy when performing, and has extremely good beats. If president carter isn't on the radio by 2mor idk what to say. that song is amazing. i'm glad i didn't waste my money buying the album. that is for sure.

his mixtapes are always better then his albums.

he is no Eminem. sorry.

exitspeed
08-30-2011, 07:36 AM
Actually what is being said is that your age has caused you to be casually disrespectful to what Jay-Z has done.

Reasonable Doubt
Vol 2
Vol 3
Blueprint
Black Album

That list reads like 5 classic (critically and commercially speaking, not just my opinion) albums and all were released before you'd cleared elementary school. Some argue that he has one more classic, but I call American Gangster merely a VERY good album, not classic.
Yes, "I went back and listened to them, and didn't like them" is an attempt at explaining it off, but when you discredit Jay-Z's contributions to the greater whole of hip hop, but on the other side of your mouth talk about Wiz Khalifa's "hits," I for one cannot take your opinion seriously.

What Wiz Khalifa, Drake and Big Sean - to name three - represent is this new beta-male pussy-ass soft dude rap that I just cannot allow myself to get into. Skinny jeans, tight shirts and a bunch of singing and crying.
Fuck that.

Back to the task at hand, Lil Wayne.
Oddly, I don't hate the dude, he is not what is wrong with hip hop, he is the last holdout of what was RIGHT with hip hop. There was a time where the race to get your $10 on Tuesday morning was a real competition, and he seems to be the last of a few who still try. Oh my dear God, I WISH he would put the energy into what he SELLS that he does to what he GIVES AWAY, but the legalities of sample clearance and overall politics of what to actually put on an album override, and I can understand that.
You don't have to like the guy, but his hustle and commitment to making music - and a willingness to potentially make something bad in attempts to be creative - is commendable.
That said, I am not buying Carter IV, I just didn't like it enough to spend money on it. Respect for an artist's work ethic does not feed my daughter, and when I have to compare what I might do with that $10, I could buy some beer instead.

Thank you sir. The youth is fucked. lol.

Got a second listen through the Carter 4. I have to agree with Phlip that I didn't think he had it in him. I know Phlip and I talked about him not being able to match the success of the Carter 3 either commercially or critically, and while I don't think this album will be as commercially successful, I think lyrically it's pretty damn good. The wordplay and metaphors are on point and his flow is less garbled then Carter 3. However I don't think this album is great or as good as Carter 3. The production value is really lacking. It feels more like a mix-tape then an album and lacks any real concept or purpose. Like the tracks all came off of different mixtapes and put together for a retail release.

I'd give the album 3 out of 5. Production wise and concept wise, the album is lacking, but the lyrics save the day, even if they don't have a real purpose at any point.

Oh and the beef with Jay is lame. Those mf's are going to have a song together by next year. Watch.

demonspeed
08-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Seriously, we need a hip hop thread lmao!
who the fuck is this tyler guy?! never heard of him..barely heard of Wiz but from the lil ive heard, i like him. His flow is different than anyone out there that i know (please correct me if im wrong) even tho his topics are the same...but then again, whos really rappin about real shit anymore? Oh yea....Common, GZA, Talib...pretty much any rapper thats not talking about money n bitches. Id put down everything i own to say that GZA and Method Man could destroy young money

Fake beefs are killing the industry, for real! to all the people that are 19 and younger on here, there was a time when it was strictly east or west coast...you said the wrong place and you got your ass handed to you. Sometimes i sit back n wonder what it would be like if Pac n Biggie were alive. Would they stay true or would they do collabos with fucking soulja boy...

Phlip
08-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Seriously, we need a hip hop thread lmao
They would never work. Discussions of hip hop ALWAYS turn into the Hatfields and McCoys, with one side touting an “underground” that is so pure and so much better than anyone who people actually buy and pay big money to see – despite being an overall more boring product made by people who would SURELY go get that money if they could.
(See Wale on MMG for reference)
On the other side is people who are just too ignorant to see that shit like Young Jeezy and his ilk are doing NOTHING for hip hop on the whole. Same topic over and over and over… rinse, repeat, same album next year.
Then someone will come in and name drop Soulja Boi whether or not he was being discussed – which is what HE wants, seeing as how any publicity is good publicity when you have gone publicly and stated that it is not your intention to make good music but to make music that sells. Then will come the “Lil Wayne is killing hip hop” argument that we have seen in this thread.

The same old back and forth gets old eventually.
Sometimes i sit back n wonder what it would be like if Pac n Biggie were alive. Would they stay true or would they do collabos with fucking soulja boy...
Easy…
Tupac would have been making movies and LL Cool J would not have, there is more money in movies than in rap.
Biggie would have done what in the hell ever Puff Daddy had him to do, and as he had no other options financially and was being fucked for his publishing and stuck in that contract, he would have had to do so or starve.

madd ocx
08-30-2011, 08:58 AM
I guess i just missed jays high time? Lol but when I talk to older people like my tips and tias even they tell me he was never that good? But hey maybe I'll pick up a album. But I'm a 90s baby. We can't all like the same shit. But yes kanye oh kanye. I still can't get over that 808 andheart break shit lol. And his last album was cool for like a week. Noe it sucks.

To the kanye/jay I tired listining to it time and time again. It rather listen to Waynes rock album lolyou kids today, lol.. I will admit jay has fell off, but he still puts out better music than most of your favorite rappers when he's not even trying anymore. And ask your people who wrote one of Dr dre best tracks ever, i'll give you a hint it wasn't Dr dre!

Phlip
08-30-2011, 09:24 AM
And ask your people who wrote one of Dr dre best tracks ever, i'll give you a hint it wasn't Dr dre!
Bad example...
Ask who wrote ALL of Dre's lyrics and the answer will not be Dre

future
08-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Since Em was brought up

Em is y altime fav. Is thatthe youth being fucked? But hey he came back and the cd was huge. Most his old stuff was great (counting out the albums when he was on drugs) I still think he is one of the realest rappers. he doesn't just spit about drugs and bitches and money.
Em > jay

murda-c
08-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Apparently shyne is coming out with a new album this year? Is it just me or did he sound like he had bronchitis in the outro track on carter IV...kinda disappointed.

Nas killed it though.

simmode1
08-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Tried listening to all of Carter IV. Been stuck on 'She Will' for 4 days now. Shit just staying on repeat.

exitspeed
08-30-2011, 11:39 AM
you kids today, lol.. I will admit jay has fell off, but he still puts out better music than most of your favorite rappers when he's not even trying anymore. And ask your people who wrote one of Dr dre best tracks ever, i'll give you a hint it wasn't Dr dre!

These fucking kids.

S. Carter, ghost writer, and for the right price, I can even make YO' shit tighter.

I do wish Jay would just come hard on some shit. I don't think BP 3 was bad, but compared to his old stuff it's not as good because he's at a different place in his life.

I have faith he can bring it back to the quality of the Black Album. But something in his life needs to change for that to happen.

WERDdabuilder
08-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Wiz goes hard

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpfeamiRBz1qjgdl1.gif

sir, you have lost all/if any credibility. go listen to Reasonable Doubt/The Blueprint and stfu.

wiz is soft. he has some shit here and there.

Godfoot
08-30-2011, 12:18 PM
the album wasint exactly the greatest in my opinion. only worth songs mentioning were collabs

simmode1
08-30-2011, 01:06 PM
I have faith he can bring it back to the quality of the Black Album. But something in his life needs to change for that to happen.
Well, he's got a new kid on the way now with Bey... But I doubt thats gonna make him still going harder on the mike again. Hell, might get softer.

Touge Noob S13
08-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Wiz goes hard
Wayne has a couple hits

Are you fucking kidding me? I guess not since you're the same dumbass who thinks there are no part importers on the west coast and that Meihan Sportsland is a 'weak' track.

boobs13
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
I love the whole damn album! but he's is not the best rapper alive, Just saying...

Ceilings and this one are my far best tho.

dazed
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Fuck that.

Wiz WAS amazing. No, seriously. Ever since "Black and Yellow" or hell even "Say Yeah" he fell the FUCK off. He let all the fame get to his head.

For example, Black and Yellow was produced by Stargate. After it was such a hit, Wiz is like, "Fuck all my underground shit, this is what sells, this is what imma do" so he did "Roll Up" and thats pretty much why "Rolling Papers" was a TOTAL flop. Except for "Rooftops", just because Hot Spitta (Curren$y) saved that song.

One of my buddies that I went to high school with was listening to Wiz since he was in 8th grade. He always used to tell everyone about him and nobody knew who he was. Nowadays? He HATES Wiz. And I don't blame him. It's sad to see someone sell out like that.

Big Sean is pretty talented, he by chance somehow met Kanye couple years back, and begged him for a chance. He then proceeded to rap his ass off for a couple minutes, which led to him getting signed to G.O.O.D (Getting Out Our Dreams) Music. Yeah "Finally Famous the Album" wasn't all that great, but it's his best attempt at being mainstream.

All Big Seans good shit were his "Finally Famous" mix tapes.

For some quick slappers: "Meant to Be" "What You Doin?" Go hard.

Drake. Poor guy. He had the talent to change everything (Look at his OLD, OLD mixtapes, "Room For Improvement/Comeback Season" 2006/07 era shit. Then he got signed to Young Money and it went downhill. I honestly believe that he is a talented singer, and a talented rapper, and if him and Wayne are both on a track it's a guaranteed BANGER (depending on the producer that is). Look at "Ransom" one of my favorite of their collaborations, what made it so great was that Boi-1da beat, Wayne and Drake naturally just took it apart. Boi-1da puts out fucking heat. Looking forward to this Wayne and Drake album coming out sometime maybe this year (knowing YMCMB, probably next year....)

Seriously Wiz goes hard? What track does he really go in on?

"Deal or no Deal" is one of his best albums ever. And sadly, not many people even know about his good shit, they only think about "Black and Yellow" - Present.

Producers have SUCH a huuuuuuge impact on rappers it's not even funny. The beats are the canvas in which rappers make sweet music too. Johnny Juliano, Sledgren, Jerm, ect made all of Wiz's good beats in his prime. Sadly, now-aways he doesn't really do shit with them.

"Kush & OJ" (Mixtape) was Wiz's last good project. I remember being really excited when he dropped it, thats when his buzz really started building. "Memorized" is a classic on there, along with quite a few others.

Other Wiz shit: You HAVE to get "How Fly" the mixtape. A joint (hehe 'joint') collaboration between Curren$y and Wiz. Loaded with CLASSICS. "Car Service", "Surface to Air" <-- One of my favorite songs ever.

The only new song that I've liked is "Proceed" Wiz/Curren$y/Big Sean all on one track. And it's the first time Jerm produced a track for them in ages. Lyrically, it's back on the right track.

And anyone that likes Curren$y should get "Verde Terrace" (Mixtape), him and Wayne got back together on a song (Smoke Somethin Ft. Lil Wayne) for the first time in like 6 years, ever since Curren$y left Cash Money. I haven't heard Wayne spit like that in YEARS. I truly believe Spitta brought the best out of him.

Cabin fever, on my level (forget album name) and thoes have alot of good songs. His up and coming stuff is not the best.

But since were talking music. Wiz lost best new artist to Tyler the creater. Who the fuck is he!?!?

Sorry but Cabin Fever is shit. With the exception of "Homicide" but that song isn't era-correct in the Mixtape. There was a snippet of it that came out years ago. All the other songs are "Lex Luger" produced BULLSHIT. Lex Luger is everything wrong in hip hop. Every god damn beat sounds exactly the same..... If only H.A.M. hadn't come out, nobody would no about that kid. "On My Level" is meh, this is all "Rolling Papers" era, aka sold out mainstream bullshit.

Tyler The Creator is part of OFWGKTA (Odd Future), he did his solo shit, and it worked out pretty well (Yonkers). Funny how much beef odd futer had with 2dopeboyz (music blog).

I do wish Jay would just come hard on some shit. I don't think BP 3 was bad, but compared to his old stuff it's not as good because he's at a different place in his life.

This. WTT was a bit of a dissapointment. But then again, so was Twisted Fantasy to some extent.

Phew.

demonspeed
08-30-2011, 04:26 PM
They would never work. Discussions of hip hop ALWAYS turn into the Hatfields and McCoys, with one side touting an “underground” that is so pure and so much better than anyone who people actually buy and pay big money to see – despite being an overall more boring product made by people who would SURELY go get that money if they could.
(See Wale on MMG for reference)
On the other side is people who are just too ignorant to see that shit like Young Jeezy and his ilk are doing NOTHING for hip hop on the whole. Same topic over and over and over… rinse, repeat, same album next year.
Then someone will come in and name drop Soulja Boi whether or not he was being discussed – which is what HE wants, seeing as how any publicity is good publicity when you have gone publicly and stated that it is not your intention to make good music but to make music that sells. Then will come the “Lil Wayne is killing hip hop” argument that we have seen in this thread.

The same old back and forth gets old eventually.

Okay but isnt that already happening on zilvia already? the four Lug rim thread, the first sticker thread, the rice thread...i think it would give REAL music lovers a chance to know about artists that they would never listen to...and by real music lover, i mean someone who listens to everything not just nod their head to a beat cuz it hits hard in their trunk

Easy…Tupac would have been making movies and LL Cool J would not have, there is more money in movies than in rap.
Biggie would have done what in the hell ever Puff Daddy had him to do, and as he had no other options financially and was being fucked for his publishing and stuck in that contract, he would have had to do so or starve.

I agree with Pac making movies but i think he wouldve had at least a guest appearence on a couple albums...maybe the chronic 2001 wouldve been a track or two longer. Biggie i think wouldve seen the light on how Puff was fucking him over and wouldve left bad boy...now, where he would go after that i have no idea...maybe underground? I know he wouldnt go to no limit seeing as how they were starting the rise of the south but i cant imagine a biggie verse over a southern beat.

KiLLeR2001
08-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I do not like Lil' Wayne. Sure he has plenty of hits but ultimately hes trash. This generation will glorify him as one of the best rappers to ever exist, and its sad. He says a few off the wall metaphors and everyone soaks it right up. Not me.

supratrdlova
08-30-2011, 05:10 PM
my thoughts are... waynes old shit was aight, now hes just a drugged up fuck that makes his money off his beats not his skills,
wiz just fucking sucks, i support his weed smoking but thats it...

hip hop or die underground is where its at

demonspeed
08-30-2011, 05:18 PM
....metaphorically wayne couldnt hold a lighter to Fabolous.....just saying. Underground is cool but from what ive heard its all political....gimmie some artists to listen to. Im lovin brother ali...dudes talented!

DrIvEsldEwAyS
08-30-2011, 05:21 PM
i am a big wayne fan, seen him in concert, got all his music but i think some things are a little over the top now, with that being said currently he is ONE of the best rappers out there. Jayz's old stuff is classic, his new stuff i dont like. Everything kanye puts out is hot, plus who can hate on someone who just does not give a fuck what people think.

we all know eminem is the hip hop king anyway :-)

dazed
08-30-2011, 05:27 PM
my thoughts are... waynes old shit was aight, now hes just a drugged up fuck that makes his money off his beats not his skills,

While I'm not disagreeing with you, Wayne isn't a "drugged up fuck"

Hell, he can't even touch alcohol due to his probation terms, + drug tests all the time.

Good underground shit: Atmosphere/Tech N9ne/CunninLynguists/Ect

demonspeed
08-30-2011, 05:31 PM
i am a big wayne fan, seen him in concert, got all his music but i think some things are a little over the top now, with that being said currently he is ONE of the best rappers out there. Jayz's old stuff is classic, his new stuff i dont like. Everything kanye puts out is hot, plus who can hate on someone who just does not give a fuck what people think.

we all know eminem is the hip hop king anyway :-)

IMO i think Slim Shady is the hip hop king...ever since Em sobered up, he lost that witty edge...but once again, if im wrong gimmie some tracks to listen to:-) i just watched some of his old freestyles on youtube. Dude says a line like, 'im demonic yea im still with it/ i dont give a fuck ill throw a baby stroller at you with the baby still in it' i had to rape the replay button a couple times.

supratrdlova
08-30-2011, 05:32 PM
While I'm not disagreeing with you, Wayne isn't a "drugged up fuck"

Hell, he can't even touch alcohol due to his probation terms, + drug tests all the time.

oh damn! forgot about the whole jail thing!

word sux
08-30-2011, 06:49 PM
lil wayne didn't get to were he is because he has talent he was made

just like all these pop stars..

I am an east coaster as well anyone who has listened to some decent hiphop knows lil wayne is just a big joke that high schoolers love to listen to because they play him non stop on mtv and all the big pop radio stations.

word sux
08-30-2011, 06:52 PM

Tech and cunninlynguists are the shit

if you like cunninlyguists check out Tondeff he is part of the group and has the best flow... ever

i1-A41rco24

^^ this is the shit right here listen up kiddies

dontxploitme
08-30-2011, 07:00 PM
lil wayne is garbage now... and the carter iv proves it

Antihero983
08-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Haven't listened to it yet, but I want to fucking eviscerate him for that godforsaken How To Love song that every fucking radio station over plays.

(my DD only has a radio, no CD player or anything special)

DrIvEsldEwAyS
08-30-2011, 07:31 PM
IMO i think Slim Shady is the hip hop king...ever since Em sobered up, he lost that witty edge...but once again, if im wrong gimmie some tracks to listen to:-) i just watched some of his old freestyles on youtube. Dude says a line like, 'im demonic yea im still with it/ i dont give a fuck ill throw a baby stroller at you with the baby still in it' i had to rape the replay button a couple times.

the old angry em was unreal. the guy is a lyrical genious.

Mustache240
08-30-2011, 10:46 PM
My thoughts on lil wangs music......
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/supernaut06/fire-vi.jpg

WERDdabuilder
08-31-2011, 01:19 AM
Top 60 Worst Lil Wayne Lines from Tha Carter IV

Top 60 Worst Lil Wayne Lines on Tha Carter IV - Los Angeles Music - West Coast Sound (http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/08/top_80_worst_lil_wayne_lines_o.php)

60. "All about my riches/ My name should be Richard" (From "Blunt Blowin")
59. "Swagger down pat/ Call my sh*t Patricia" (From "6 Foot 7 Foot")
58. "All I had to do was put two and two together/ But that just makes four, but not 'four-ever'" (From "How To Hate")
57. "Don't call me 'sir'/ Call me 'sir-vivor'" (From: "Nightmares Of The Bottom")
56. "Some people hang you out to dry/ Like a towel rack" (From "She Will")
55. "I put up a wall/ And they just wallpaper" (From "Blunt Blowin")
54. "Weezy F. Baby/ And the 'F' ain't for fear" (From: "Nightmares Of The Bottom")
53. "You don't want to start Weezy/ Cause the 'F' is for finisher" (From "6 Foot 7 Foot")
52. "Weezy F./ For 'fu*k you'" (From "How To Hate")
51. "The 'F' is for 'fu*k yourself'" (From: "Nightmares Of The Bottom")
​50."I put it down like my hand's hurtin'" (From "Blunt Blowin")
49. "The weed too loud/ Turn up the volume" (From "I Like The View)
48. "The weed loud/ Like a lion's roar" (From "Intro")
47. "You know that money talk/ I am the ventriloquist" (From "Megaman")
46. "Married to the money/ A true love story" (From: "Nightmares Of The Bottom")
45. "If time is money/ I'm an hour past paid" (From "Blunt Blowin")
44. "I get money to kill time/ Dead clocks" (From "John")
43. "I don't need a watch/The time is now or never" (From "Intro")
42. "Times have changed/ Well fu*k it get a new watch" (From "Blunt Blowin")
41. "I tried to pay attention/ But attention paid me" (From "She Will")
40."How you niggas want to have it your way/ Burger King?" (From "Megaman")
39. "I'm trying to walk a straight line/ But the line crooked" (From "Abortion")
38. "I just touched down/ Kicked a motherfu*king field goal" (From "It's Good")
37. "I'm all about 'I'/ Give the rest of the vowels back" (From "She Will")
36. "You faker than some titties/You get titty-fu*ked" (From "Intro")
35. "Eat her 'til she cry/ Call that wine and dine" (From "She Will")
34. "Just sit on my grill/ That's that tailgate for ya" (From "So Special")
33. "I make her come first/ Then I follow the leader" (From "So Special")
32. "Been fu*kin the world/ And nigga I ain't come yet" (From "John")
31. "I tried to fu*k the world/ And couldn't even get aroused" (From "President Carter")
30. "You can sit right on my middle finger for the night" (From "How To Hate")
29. "I get deep in that pus*y/ Dig her out, surgery" (From "Megaman")
28. "I already know that life is deep/ But I still dig her" (From "She Will")
27. "When the sh*t get deep/ I'm never afraid to dive" (From "President Carter")
26. "I talk sh*t, I hope it matters/ We climax, without the ladder" (From "So Special")
25. "If real sh*t is dead/ Then nigga I'm a bastard" (From "President Carter")
24. "Bullsh*t for lunch/ Brown bag nigga" (From "President Carter")
23."You don't need a bus pass/ You need to bust your ass" (From "Blunt Blowin")
22. "Tools on deck/ Home Depot nigga" (From "Megaman")
21. "Tote tools like mechanics/ Mechanisms" (From "President Carter")
20. "I'm beneficial/ I've been official" (From "President Carter")
19. "Boy I'm going in/ Like my water broke." (From "Intro")
18. "I've been at the top for a while/ And I ain't jumped yet" (From "She Will")
17. "I'm 100/ Like a fastball" (From "Megaman")
16. "I say you rappers sweet/ I pay the incidentals" (From "President Carter")
15. "I'm shooting for the stars/ Astronauts dodge bullets" (From "Abortion")
14. "Reality's a bi*ch/ And I'ma dance with her" (From "President Carter")
13. "If life is a bi*ch/ Then mine a gold digger" (From "Megaman")
12. "All my bi*ches nasty like a cold dinner" (From "Megaman")
11. "Two bi*ches at the same time/ Synchronized swimmers" (From "6 Foot 7 Foot")
10. "Nothing standing in my way/ Like nothing's my security" (From: "Nightmares Of The Bottom")
9. "Mind so sharp I fu*k around and cut my head off" (From "6 Foot 7 Foot")
8. "I got through that sentence like a subject and a predicate" (From "6 Foot 7 Foot")
7. "I keep some bud/ like Rudy Huxtable" (From "Intro")
6. "Boy I send them bloods at your ass/ Like a tampon" (From "Megaman")
5. "I woke up this morning, dick rock hard/ Ashed my blunt in my Grammy award" (From "Abortion")
4. "We jack son then light up that 'L'/ Samuel" (From "Megaman")
3. "Real G's move in silence like lasagna." (From "6 Foot 7 Foot")
2. "All hail Weezy/ Call it bad weather" (From "Blunt Blowin")
1. "Don't fu*k up with Wayne/ 'Cause when it Waynes it pours." (From "How To Hate")

and people say he's a better lyricist than jay?

KOME
08-31-2011, 01:24 AM
I really enjoyed. This coming from a kid who hated Wayne when he blew up, now i see him for what he is and how great of business man he became as far Hip-Hop goes. Carter 4 is defiantly a banger. Fucking Megaman hits so hard.

demonspeed
08-31-2011, 04:33 AM
aiight just dl'ed and listened to this. This shit is weaksauce! the hottest songs on here are the intro, interlude and outro lol! i think those songs would be fucking awesome if the artists were: Tech n9ne, Bun B, twista, da brat, krazy bone, busta, and Luda

IMO, this album is strictly for riding around with 2 12's thumping. Wordplay garbage, beats sound the same...*sigh* wheres outkast when you need em?

exitspeed
08-31-2011, 05:46 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpfeamiRBz1qjgdl1.gif

sir, you have lost all/if any credibility. go listen to Reasonable Doubt/The Blueprint and stfu.

wiz is soft. he has some shit here and there.

That gif is exactly how I felt when I read that shit. lol

Phlip
08-31-2011, 06:45 AM
I agree with Pac making movies but i think he wouldve had at least a guest appearence on a couple albums...maybe the chronic 2001 wouldve been a track or two longer.
Um... you DO realize that Dre left Death Row, and and Pac was pissed about that as he was the last holdout on a sinking ship, right? The things that Tupac said about Dre in the aftermath of this effectively burned that bridge.
That said, Tupac would NOT have been on Dre's album, and probably not on Death Row much longer. He would have been in movies mostly and rap on the side, if at all.
Biggie i think wouldve seen the light on how Puff was fucking him over and wouldve left bad boy...now, where he would go after that i have no idea...maybe underground? I know he wouldnt go to no limit seeing as how they were starting the rise of the south but i cant imagine a biggie verse over a southern beat.
I nearly literally fall in the floor laughing every time someone says “go underground” when speaking of rap artists. The divide between this “mainstream” and “underground” that people have constructed to feed into their hipster-like fallback of “man, I was into [name] before everyone else had even heard of him, but now he is all mainstream and shit, I don’t like him anymore.”
It has been old for 15 years or more to me.
Sure, there may be a preference to someone’s older work, but the fact of the matter is that success makes EVERY musical artist EVER lazy as fuck.
That said, no way in hell an artist who scanned 400k in his first week will leave behind the apparent money (“apparent” because Puff is good for making his artists think they have it, then nickel and diming them to the poorhouse) that comes with a major deal on a successful label and “go underground,” to perform in shitty little bars for sweaty self-righteous college students.
It was about the money with him and always was about the money. Anyone who could make up stories about “driving state to state” in the drug trade – despite never EVER driving or having a license in real life – should have everything they say examined for truth.

tricky_ab
08-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Billboard is saying that weezy should sell about 750K+ in sales

Damn...

http://www.billboard.com/news/lil-wa...05332142.story (http://www.billboard.com/news/lil-wayne-s-carter-iv-may-debut-at-no-1-1005332142.story#/news/lil-wayne-s-carter-iv-may-debut-at-no-1-1005332142.story)

Bullet01
08-31-2011, 08:54 AM
I nearly literally fall in the floor laughing every time someone says “go underground” when speaking of rap artists. The divide between this “mainstream” and “underground” that people have constructed to feed into their hipster-like fallback of “man, I was into [name] before everyone else had even heard of him, but now he is all mainstream and shit, I don’t like him anymore.”
Sure, there may be a preference to someone’s older work, but the fact of the matter is that success makes EVERY musical artist EVER lazy as fuck.
That said, no way in hell an artist who scanned 400k in his first week will leave behind the apparent money (“apparent” because Puff is good for making his artists think they have it, then nickel and diming them to the poorhouse) that comes with a major deal on a successful label and “go underground,” to perform in shitty little bars for sweaty self-righteous college students.
It was about the money with him and always was about the money
Fuckin A.
Personally, I loved Wayne back in the Cash $ days and thought they were on top of the game. Slowly I saw him just getting weaker and becoming a fad like Lil John by over exposing himself in every music video and music track out there.

Hip hop though has become so watered down and stale. And with this new generation's style and particularly making dopey comments about Jay-Z sucking.....I just wanna punch babies. Im 26 and officially out of touch with current music.

Jav1997GSX
08-31-2011, 09:04 AM

Top 60 Worst Lil Wayne Lines on Tha Carter IV - Los Angeles Music - West Coast Sound (http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/08/top_80_worst_lil_wayne_lines_o.php)

After reading that they all did sound stupid, now dont forget the whole thing with jay z stealing biggie lyrics.

exitspeed
08-31-2011, 11:22 AM
After reading that they all did sound stupid, now dont forget the whole thing with jay z stealing biggie lyrics.

He didn't "steal" the lyrics, he re-used them. And every single rapper ever has done the same thing. Period.

tricky_ab
08-31-2011, 11:55 AM

and people say he's a better lyricist than jay?

Twitter/Hash tag flows :down: They're good used at a setup or punchline...Not line after line...

He didn't "steal" the lyrics, he re-used them. And every single rapper ever has done the same thing. Period.

Co-signed!

demonspeed
08-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Um... you DO realize that Dre left Death Row, and and Pac was pissed about that as he was the last holdout on a sinking ship, right? The things that Tupac said about Dre in the aftermath of this effectively burned that bridge.
That said, Tupac would NOT have been on Dre's album, and probably not on Death Row much longer. He would have been in movies mostly and rap on the side, if at all.

Damn...I forgot all about that lol! But who's to say that if Pac survived being shot in Vegas that he would go to Dre like 'ay man, fuck the bullshit Im tired of geting shot' lol! Reason i said my original comment was that Dre squashed the beef with Easy-E on the Chronic 2001. Who's to say he wouldnt do the same with Pac...cuz at the end of the day the only thing that matters is the money. EVERYONE has their price...just a matter of how much...

It was about the money with him and always was about the money. Anyone who could make up stories about “driving state to state” in the drug trade – despite never EVER driving or having a license in real life – should have everything they say examined for truth.

I dont understand this comment so imma try to rephrase what i mean by 'underground'. Going from the top producers in the country that use the latest equipment and technology to someone that only has access to a Casio keyboard and outdated equipment is what i consider underground. I think that maybe a bad analogy but i hope it made sense. Going from a label that makes 100m easy to an independant label that is lucky enough to bring in 400k is somewhat underground to me. i guess what im trying to say is that an artist should NEVER forget where they come from and never forget the fans that made him/her the success that they are. This is why i respect 'underground' artists like GZA...who btw turned down a multi million dollar deal with Rocafeller...because GZA is to me what hip hop is missing: having fun rapping over beats, not the money chasing.

Phlip, youre a real cool dude lol! just thought I through that in haha!

mendmyacoustic
08-31-2011, 01:48 PM
need to download today

Phlip
08-31-2011, 01:56 PM
I dont understand this comment so imma try to rephrase what i mean by 'underground'. Going from the top producers in the country that use the latest equipment and technology to someone that only has access to a Casio keyboard and outdated equipment is what i consider underground. I think that maybe a bad analogy but i hope it made sense. Going from a label that makes 100m easy to an independant label that is lucky enough to bring in 400k is somewhat underground to me. i guess what im trying to say is that an artist should NEVER forget where they come from and never forget the fans that made him/her the success that they are. This is why i respect 'underground' artists like GZA...who btw turned down a multi million dollar deal with Rocafeller...because GZA is to me what hip hop is missing: having fun rapping over beats, not the money chasing.

Phlip, youre a real cool dude lol! just thought I through that in haha!

Biggie’s first album sold 400 thousand COPIES the first week on the way to 4 MILLION total (and many more since).
What I am saying is that no one goes back from that to rapping over someone’s living-room-made beats on a beat-to-shit Casio, NO ONE.
To rememeber of forget where one comes from is all relative, as money really doesn’t change people, it just makes them more of what they already are. Again, with Puffy’s shrewd contracts, lawyers and how he screws even his best artists, Biggie would be best served to remain on Bad Boy, for worse or for worse.

To Draw GZA into this conversation is a moot point, because Steve Rifkind was a lot more fair to his artists, as far as their publishing and points went on their albums. The money he made on the Wu Tang album, as well as appearances on other albums, two gold albums of his own and a CONTINUED career doing live shows for fans who think that Wu Tang will “come back” one day will be more than enough for him. Broke, he is not.

word sux
08-31-2011, 04:50 PM
mainstream shit sucks because in order for someone with talent to get big they ususally have to water their music down and change their image to appease the A&R's. Mainstream music is about money these record labels look at "artists" simply as a product to sell to the masses so therefore the product has to be pc enough for them to push. If you think that being talented is going to be enough to get you anywere in the music biz you are sadly mistaken its all about image and how many A&R's you blow.

the music business is just that, a business. if they can't sell you then you are worthless to them no matter how talented you are.

Tantwoforty
08-31-2011, 05:49 PM
See, I said this thread would turn into crap..

Anyway, c4 is still on replay in my car, megaman or abortion are mostly what I start with.
Like i thought, most of it grew on me..

word sux
08-31-2011, 07:13 PM
See, I said this thread would turn into crap..

Anyway, c4 is still on replay in my car, megaman or abortion are mostly what I start with.
Like i thought, most of it grew on me..

thread started as crap

hard to get any crappier

see what I did there?

wonpoo
08-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Loved Wayne when he was with hot boys, lost touch with hip hop around 2002 when i moved to Thailand and was left with no internet...rocks and dirt....but im downloading this now!!!

OH ONE MORE THING!!!

Tyler The Creator!
OFWGKTA!!!!!

frsh4
08-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Been hearing it on repeat also. Like Megaman, All the intureludes and I Like the View.

Moy12
08-31-2011, 11:23 PM
president carter is the only good song, the album sucked.

demonspeed
09-01-2011, 02:54 AM
@Phlip, touché...

conrad_s13.5
09-01-2011, 08:09 AM
so back to the beef bullshit, when did this start?

cuuuuuuuuuz 'Monster' is a Kanye / Jay-Z / Young Money song,...and its not that old

simmode1
09-01-2011, 09:09 AM
I don't think its a label vs label beef. I wouldn't even really call it beef. They are just talking shit to each other, but both have gone on record about their admiration for each other. Jay coming back just put Weezy in a weird position since he claiming to be the Best Rapper Alive. But I honestly didn't start hearing darts thrown until after My Dark & Twisted Fantasy...

exitspeed
09-01-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't even know why or how the line about "not having my ladies money" is directed towards Wayne in the first place? That could have been anyone.

I will say though I wouldn't mind actual beef going on. Because last time Jay was beefing he released The Blueprint. Fire.

simmode1
09-01-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't even know why or how the line about "not having my ladies money" is directed towards Wayne in the first place? That could have been anyone.
For real? I thought, taken in context, in was really clear...

I’m like really? Half a billi ni**a?
Really, you got Baby money..
Keep it real with ni**as,
Ni**as aint got my lady money...

It was that Baby money line that tied it to Wayne, IMO. Wayne got to where he is today off of Baby/Birdman's money and the phrase was also a tongue in cheek insult at the name 'Young Money'. He's calling Wayne 'new money' (which is quite the insult among the wealthy) while also emasculating him by saying a woman makes more money than he does versus implying that he himself is higher class 'old money'.

Clever couple of lines. I loved it.

WERDdabuilder
09-01-2011, 01:38 PM
i believe jay was firing back at this interview....

P-EuvwT2daM

exitspeed
09-01-2011, 07:48 PM
For real? I thought, taken in context, in was really clear...

I’m like really? Half a billi ni**a?
Really, you got Baby money..
Keep it real with ni**as,
Ni**as aint got my lady money...

It was that Baby money line that tied it to Wayne, IMO. Wayne got to where he is today off of Baby/Birdman's money and the phrase was also a tongue in cheek insult at the name 'Young Money'. He's calling Wayne 'new money' (which is quite the insult among the wealthy) while also emasculating him by saying a woman makes more money than he does versus implying that he himself is higher class 'old money'.

Clever couple of lines. I loved it.

Oh well when you put it like that.

Shit is true though. lol. Except I believe Jay-Z is new money himself. No one in his family is wealthy. That's old money. Paris Hilton is old money.

zspeedrft
09-01-2011, 08:44 PM
just picked it up....im digging it

!Zar!
09-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Sorry 4 the wait > Carter 4.

theronin
09-02-2011, 01:19 AM
diggin it the more i hear it, but that goes for most albums. john, 6-7, and megaman keeps me pumped for work....

rob22
09-02-2011, 01:37 AM
so should i buy it?

WERDdabuilder
09-02-2011, 02:16 AM
no. buy yourself 2gal of gas.

theronin
09-02-2011, 02:37 AM
what is this buy you speak of?

Phlip
09-02-2011, 04:41 AM
no. buy yourself 2gal of gas.

And a 24oz Red Stripe with the change

simmode1
09-02-2011, 08:16 AM
what is this buy you speak of?
:ddog: Shhhhhhh!

demonspeed
09-02-2011, 02:27 PM
so back to the beef bullshit, when did this start?

cuuuuuuuuuz 'Monster' is a Kanye / Jay-Z / Young Money song,...and its not that old

This beef started when Baby from CMR said that Jay-Z could NEVER have the amount of koney that Weezy have. I believe he said this shit on BET. Jay just sat back and continued tostack money and then he took a jab at Wayne talkin bout how wayne dont even gave his lady's money which made him say that Beyonce line on the Carter 4. Not to mention the a milli beef which jay was pretty much saying 'dogg, you ONLY have a milli? Get a billi and then talk'

demonspeed
09-02-2011, 02:30 PM
so should i buy it?

Buy? What? People still buy cd's?

chuki.s13.coupe.
09-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Buy? What? People still buy cd's?

What's a 'cd'?

Tantwoforty
09-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Faded off that kush im gone, only 2 years old when daddy used to bring them hookers home..

This isint the Rap beef thread.. GTFO

chuki.s13.coupe.
09-02-2011, 05:30 PM
That wasn't even a good line.

dazed
09-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Sorry 4 the wait > Carter 4.

Sorry but no. S4TW was a rushed, piece of shit.

I Am Not a Human Being was all the C4 throwaways, he saved all his better stuff (can't even say good) for C4... which is on track to sell possibly 900k.

Both could have been wayyyyyyyy better. Both have a couple good tracks here and there.

No Ceilings > S4TW... by far.

future
09-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Carter 3 > Carter 4

SLiDe_WaYz
09-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Carter 3 > Carter 4

Sorry for the wait > Carter IV

future
09-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Games new album > anything Wayne ever made

Kojo
09-04-2011, 11:46 AM

SIKKKKEEE!!

I used to listen to the game,till I heard this line on "camera phone"

"right where I wanna be,B on Bentley,the horse on my lambo,crown on my caddilac"

:squint:

I mean,seriously? Im not a lyricst by any means,but even I know if you swap lambo with enzo,and that'd be a legit line.

/offtopic.

HyperTek
09-04-2011, 12:00 PM
game is overrated .. some westcoast is overrated once you start listening to stuff outside of westcoast radio waves. but cause alot of us grew up on the westcoast, we grow to believe that is dope, when in reality i think he sounds like shit, doesnt sound intelligent.

tricky_ab
09-04-2011, 12:39 PM

Whoa whoa WHOA!!!! I guess that long Otis freestyle has you gassed still...

LimeLite Racing
09-04-2011, 06:01 PM
game is overrated .. some westcoast is overrated once you start listening to stuff outside of westcoast radio waves. but cause alot of us grew up on the westcoast, we grow to believe that is dope, when in reality i think he sounds like shit, doesnt sound intelligent.

I haven't heard anything intelligent out of rap since XreignofterrorX.

LimeLite Racing
09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
BTW, I just dropped 14k on blow, with my 415 hot bitches, sippin yak, smokin' crack, dippin' in through mac, tryin'a get some doublebacostack.

Believe it or not, I just came up with that off the top of my head, like young money, sonny, i don't eat biscuits without honey.

Fuck I'm full of flows tonight. Anyone wanna call me for a rap battle?

future
09-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Damn really no love for the games cd but all on the Carter 4's sack -_-

exitspeed
09-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Seriously, you have no grounds to stand on calling out people's taste and preferences in hip hop.

WERDdabuilder
09-04-2011, 11:43 PM

straight trollin?

the game sucks since day one. all he does is name drop. gives a shout out to dre in every song and throws in "air max 90".

you shouldnt be allowed to post in any "music" thread.

Kojo
09-04-2011, 11:53 PM
I gotta say after Game was brought up,I dl'd his new album and I gotta say its better than I expected..

anyway wayne haters gona be mad at this one!

Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" Breaks Jay-Z & Kanye West's First Week iTunes Sales Record | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.16724/title.lil-waynes-tha-carter-iv-breaks-jay-z-kanye-wests-first-week-itunes-sales-record)

Kojo
09-04-2011, 11:55 PM
also,I just got wind of this track earlier,its suppostu be a bonus track on the deluxe version when you get it from Target or somethin?

anyway,it might be my fav track on the album after a few listens,it goes that hard imo.

Lil Wayne - I Got Some Money On Me - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g169VAFWlYA)

simmode1
09-05-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm uh dawg, bitch
B.I.N.G.O.!

That's some lol shit right there. That is a funny ass song. Wayne makes me laugh... haha

word sux
09-05-2011, 09:11 AM
east coast hip hop > west coast

guys like immortal technique and tonedeff make the entire west coast and south east scene look like a bad joke

Tech=

If your message ain't shit, fuck the records you sold. Because if you go platinum its got nothing to do with luck it just means that a million people are stupid as fuck!

Kojo
09-05-2011, 10:27 AM
^^ immortal technique is ill no doubt...one of my fav lines, aids infested child molestors arent sicker than me lol

I personally listen to all kinds of hip-hop,its not 1996 anymore so I dont do the whole wheres this rapper from? east v west stuff...its just diffirent styles of music based on the diffirent regions...as much as I like tonedeff,immortal tech,canibus,ra the rugged man,etc. thats not what I wanna listen to when Im on my way to work in the morning,I listen to somethin fast paced/good beat/simple lyrics just to get me hype/wake me up,dont really feel like being in deep thought at 6 am in the morning,but thats just me..

Exiled 240
09-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I gotta say the Carter 4 was a complete waste of my money. i would have rather spent my money on a autozone shift knob or neon license plate frame. lol

Carter 3 is easily the best CD weezy ever had.

word sux
09-05-2011, 10:34 AM
^^ immortal technique is ill no doubt...one of my fav lines, aids infested child molestors arent sicker than me lol

I personally listen to all kinds of hip-hop,its not 1996 anymore so I dont do the whole wheres this rapper from? east v west stuff...its just diffirent styles of music based on the diffirent regions...as much as I like tonedeff,immortal tech,canibus,ra the rugged man,etc. thats not what I wanna listen to when Im on my way to work in the morning,I listen to somethin fast paced/good beat/simple lyrics just to get me hype/wake me up,dont really feel like being in deep thought at 6 am in the morning,but thats just me..

ya I hear you, just so much talk of west coast underground in this thread.

!Zar!
09-05-2011, 01:24 PM
I'll listen to it all because I can and my hard drive is huge.
http://flicksbuzz.com/Assets/Images/Hollywood/Hollywood-News/Lil-Wayne-Wont-Work-With-Justin-Bieber.jpg

demonspeed
09-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Does ANYONE know wtf tunechi is? I thought it was a blood thing, but the OG's i know never heard of it...any ideas?

kaidohms
09-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Does ANYONE know wtf tunechi is? I thought it was a blood thing, but the OG's i know never heard of it...any ideas?

It's said that his grandma calls him "tune" cuz he listens to music alot. And that he added "chi" for flare

demonspeed
09-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Ah...i learned two things from this thread: carter 4 is weak, and wtf tunechi means. Already knew kids have bad taste in music so that was a given lol! Thanks tho kaidohms

kaidohms
09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
^lol welcome.

Phlip
09-06-2011, 12:12 PM

It's because he uses a lot of AutoTune and it sounds really cheesy
:tardrim:

demonspeed
09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
It's because he uses a lot of AutoTune and it sounds really cheesy

you know honestly if i didnt already get the answer, i would believe this 100% lmao!! speaking of weak cd's, when is that T-Wayne supposed to drop?