PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple

Daniel.
08-24-2011, 04:50 PM
This is crazy. He must be really ill.

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO - Deal Journal - WSJ (http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-as-apple-ceo/)

Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-as-ceo-of-apple/)

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

YellowFox
08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Dunno if this is true. I am skeptical

ronmcdon
08-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes my guess would be he's ill.
i don't wish cancer on anyone, but that's probably it (relapse).
He does not look too healthy.

Even if he wasn't ill It wouldn't be such a terrible thing to retire.

BustedS13
08-24-2011, 05:12 PM
i'm surprised he held out as long as he did. he looked really bad the last time i paid attention to an apple presentation. sucks get well soon etc

simmode1
08-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Hasn't he resigned, like, 2x before or something?

SimpleS14
08-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Hasn't he resigned, like, 2x before or something?

He was forced to resign in the past. This case is very different.

This is a bit crazy, but I do hope he recovers from his illness.

Matej
08-24-2011, 06:01 PM
The CEO of Apple has a virus.

sickstatus
08-24-2011, 06:06 PM
sell your stocks while its hottt.

adrians_s13
08-24-2011, 06:09 PM

LOOOOLLLOLOL tooooo sooooon bruh!

tricky_ab
08-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Stock price tomorrow? OMG Look out...

Is this the end of an era? I hope to God that 90's Apple is not coming back!

How is his health? I haven't heard anything about him in months after seeing that picture where he looked sickly.

sw20>>s14
08-24-2011, 06:38 PM
this is HUGE...time to short...

DeathMetal
08-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Google is gonna buy out Apple and make their employees wash dishes and do laundry :D

FRpilot
08-24-2011, 06:51 PM
i have a feeling that the new CEO will just be his puppet and he is just "stepping down" so his duties and responsibilities can be more flexible and accommodate around his health since it is worsening.

He will still be making decisions and running the show while working behind the scenes as his health permits, until his time comes where he'll really need to quit.

Future240
08-24-2011, 06:56 PM
As the head of the board I think he will still have a big part in Apple's future. I too though wonder how this will affect their stock.

atom
08-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Cook, who just replaced him as CEO officially, has been doing all the day to day CEO duties at Apple for a while now. Jobs hasn't been a full time CEO since at least last year. This just makes it official that Cook will continue to basically do what he's been doing for all of 2011.

This news is only a game changer for Apple if Jobs is terminally ill

WanganRunner
08-24-2011, 07:04 PM
this is HUGE...time to short...

It was already down in after hours, I'd assume that this information gets fully priced in within a few minutes of it's release, and surely by now.

tricky_ab
08-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I hope he can focus on his health and stay around for a while longer.

Tim Cook is a really good pick to replace him, though he's an operations guy. Apple has enough momentum and cash in the bank that they can weather several post-Jobs fuckups.

As a fan of the company’s product’s it will be very interesting to see where they go from here. I'm reminded of the death of Wendy's founder Dave Thomas. Sure, once he died, they tried to turn the Frosty into some fancy shake with whipped cream and shit, but on the other hand, they have really awesome fries now.

I'm looking forward to Apple's awesome fries.

Walperstyle
08-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Jobs is a good guy, but the brains behind a lot of technology today comes from 'the woz'.

Steve Jobs has had health and family issues for years. He'll leave a legacy.

lflkajfj12123
08-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Goodnight sweet prince.

http://www.yalibnan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/steve-jobs1.jpg

upsdude
08-24-2011, 09:58 PM

goddamit where is the like button!? LOL

conrad_s13.5
08-25-2011, 08:32 AM
iDntcare....

murda-c
08-25-2011, 08:33 AM
iDntcare....

you get the award for oxymoronic post of the day!

thrax
08-25-2011, 09:25 AM
It was inevitable this day would come either from age, health or both. Just that i've always associated the brand with him since the 1970s when i got my first apple. He'll definably still have some influence though.

Gnnr
08-25-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't believe this will affect Apple in a negative way. His stepping down at CEO was already planned for and heck the same happen with Bill Gates where he stepped down an as CEO and not much was changed in his influence role on the company. I expect the same to happen with Jobs as he is also chairman etc etc.

Best wishes to Steve Jobs and his health.

bluuuurr
08-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Steve Jobs' text was meant to say: "I reign as CEO of Apple" autocorrect gone bad strikes again!

axiomatik
08-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Questionable future for Apple. Apple's success wasn't due to its operations, it's been its visionary products. It seems like Jobs was the main driver behind those products, so will Apple still be able to innovate like it has once Jobs is out of the picture? Obviously Jobs isn't the one doing all the engineering legwork, Apple has a great infrastructure for that, but he is likely the one who says "I think would should build a xxxxx, and it should work like this xxxxxxx".

drift freaq
08-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Jobs is a good guy, but the brains behind a lot of technology today comes from 'the woz'.

Steve Jobs has had health and family issues for years. He'll leave a legacy.

Actually seriously, you don't know Silicon Valley or Semiconductors if you make a statement like above.

what brought about the Technology we have today were three main things.

First was the transition from Germanium to Silicon. Which was facilitated at Purdue University in a certain persons thesis for their PHD in Physics.

Second was not the invention of TTL (Transistor Transistor Logic) but the first design and invention of fast TTL . This is what lead to large scale integration and the Semiconductor( lots of transistors on one chip) .

Without large scale integration and Semiconductors you would not have any of the stuff we have in todays electronics. I.E. Tablets, Cell Phones , laptops, desktops etc...

Third was the invention of the First 16 bit ram in the mid 70's by the same person who pioneered Silicon Transistors for his Thesis at Purdue( mentioned above) Who was also the person who came up with the first fast TTL.

All of this allowed for miniaturization of circuitry( into chips) and placement on circuit boards. AKA Semiconductors, which before the mid 70's was basically single transistors, op amp's, diode's and resistors on a circuit board..

Woz cobbled together one of the first desktop computers. Jobs helped though Jobs real strong suit was as an idea man and promoter. He gets the ideas and he promotes them like no other.

They actually got the GUI interface that would come about in the Mac from Xerox It was called Park and Xerox came up with it. Though they did not want to use it.

Now to get back on direct topic.

Tim Cook has run Apple before in Steve Jobs leave of absence last year.
Steve Jobs has been battling Cancer for several years now.

He has resigned because of his health. Tim Cook has been long in the placing as his successor.
Apple will do just fine under Tim Cooks helm and with Jobs still around on the board of directors he can be of advisory status.

tricky_ab
08-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Questionable future for Apple. Apple's success wasn't due to its operations, it's been its visionary products. It seems like Jobs was the main driver behind those products, so will Apple still be able to innovate like it has once Jobs is out of the picture? Obviously Jobs isn't the one doing all the engineering legwork, Apple has a great infrastructure for that, but he is likely the one who says "I think would should build a xxxxx, and it should work like this xxxxxxx".

He was known to micromanage (Heavily) and would walk around the facility and pop into random meeting. He would listen in and would change things he didn't like on the fly.

I don't think the new CEO is on the same page as that.

Future240
08-25-2011, 06:22 PM
^Jobs was a dick no doubt but he still helped pull Apple out of their slum. Just look at Apple's history when Jobs was not there compared to when he was/is there.

ESmorz
08-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Something that will not effect a single one of us. Yay.

Matej
08-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Woz cobbled together one of the first desktop computers. Jobs helped though Jobs real strong suit was as an idea man and promoter. He gets the ideas and he promotes them like no other.

They actually got the GUI interface that would come about in the Mac from Xerox It was called Park and Xerox came up with it. Though they did not want to use it.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/34509984_8377080d0d_o.jpg

drift freaq
08-25-2011, 09:00 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/34509984_8377080d0d_o.jpg

Yes we see you watched a movie about the fact that they supposedly stole Park from Xerox. I do not deny the possibility. Some say Xerox gave it up willingly others say Jobs and Woz stole it.

My Dad feels they stole it. Oh and ya that is where I grew up . Palo Alto Ca. LOL
In fact Jobs wanted to tour Fairchild Semiconductors facility but my Dad( Vice President in charge of Technology) would not let them. LOL

If you know the above you then you most likely know about the other rumored though not official statement of fact. Bill Gates stole DOS and marketed it through Microsoft which is how Microsoft got its start. Now the official word on that is he bought it from Compaq computer, but I would not have put it past him either.

codyace
08-25-2011, 10:48 PM

where is LIKE

Daniel.
08-26-2011, 08:46 AM

I strongly beg to differ.

D.Adams
08-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Yes we see you watched a movie about the fact that they supposedly stole Park from Xerox. I do not deny the possibility. Some say Xerox gave it up willingly others say Jobs and Woz stole it.

My Dad feels they stole it. Oh and ya that is where I grew up . Palo Alto Ca. LOL
In fact Jobs wanted to tour Fairchild Semiconductors facility but my Dad( Vice President in charge of Technology) would not let them. LOL

If you know the above you then you most likely know about the other rumored though not official statement of fact. Bill Gates stole DOS and marketed it through Microsoft which is how Microsoft got its start. Now the official word on that is he bought it from Compaq computer, but I would not have put it past him either.

Actually seriously, you don't know Silicon Valley or Semiconductors if you make a statement like above.

what brought about the Technology we have today were three main things.

First was the transition from Germanium to Silicon. Which was facilitated at Purdue University in a certain persons thesis for their PHD in Physics.

Second was not the invention of TTL (Transistor Transistor Logic) but the first design and invention of fast TTL . This is what lead to large scale integration and the Semiconductor( lots of transistors on one chip) .

Without large scale integration and Semiconductors you would not have any of the stuff we have in todays electronics. I.E. Tablets, Cell Phones , laptops, desktops etc...

Third was the invention of the First 16 bit ram in the mid 70's by the same person who pioneered Silicon Transistors for his Thesis at Purdue( mentioned above) Who was also the person who came up with the first fast TTL.

All of this allowed for miniaturization of circuitry( into chips) and placement on circuit boards. AKA Semiconductors, which before the mid 70's was basically single transistors, op amp's, diode's and resistors on a circuit board..

Now to get back on direct topic.

Tim Cook has run Apple before in Steve Jobs leave of absence last year.
Steve Jobs has been battling Cancer for several years now.

He has resigned because of his health. Tim Cook has been long in the placing as his successor.
Apple will do just fine under Tim Cooks helm and with Jobs still around on the board of directors he can be of advisory status.

Holly Crap I got to give it to you man you know your shit. I thank you for making this thread worth reading ..

Future240
08-26-2011, 10:04 AM
I strongly beg to differ.

This I must heartily agree with. Anyone who has a tablet or smartphone that was made within the last two years has been affected by Apple/Steve Jobs.

Yes both existed before the I-library of products, however, to ignore the influence said products have had on the tablet and smartphone market would be plain ignorance.

*Waits for someone to take it personal*

Daniel.
08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
This I must heartily agree with. Anyone who has a tablet or smartphone that was made within the last two years has been affected by Apple/Steve Jobs.

Yes both existed before the I-library of products, however, to ignore the influence said products have had on the tablet and smartphone market would be plain ignorance.

True, but I was also implying that some of us may own some shares of Apple, or of a competitor.

Hint hint. :naughty:

Future240
08-26-2011, 11:04 AM
^Lol I'm sure Mr. Page and many others were rather pleased with the news.

WanganRunner
08-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Xerox has created some crazy innovations and then failed to profit from them.

conrad_s13.5
08-26-2011, 12:50 PM
iHavecancer

ronmcdon
08-26-2011, 02:58 PM
i don't know how much Jobs contributed to the iPhone,
but I'm thankful for that if nothing else.

codyace
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Affected by their marketing, less by their product IMO. Apple found a way to make lemmings NEED their stuff, regardless of cost/price/ability. I give them credit there, they sold their stuff to EVERYONE, without pissing off many.

Wookie384
08-26-2011, 05:59 PM

I'm sorry to stir the pot but how does Steve Jobs/Apple affect my owning/using an HTC Android phone?

Affected by their marketing, less by their product IMO. Apple found a way to make lemmings NEED their stuff, regardless of cost/price/ability. I give them credit there, they sold their stuff to EVERYONE, without pissing off many.

AGREED! For the most part all Apple/Jobs manage to do was market already existing hardware with some Apple flair to it. For example people associate the smartphone to Apple but IBM made the first one in '92 (IBM Simon). Don't get me wrong Apple products are okay, and for certain people they probably are the best, but me personally to justify spend twice as much for something like an iPhone is a bit retarded when my HTC does the job just as well.

I think Apple will continue to do business the same way it has for a while, nothing will change IMHO.

ronmcdon
08-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Personally I can't stand the Andriod OS based on my exp with the first driod phone.
(would not take an android phone even if it were free).
Anything from Google, tbh, doesn't resonate well with me.
I just find their interface to be much more counter-intuitive in almost anything they design.
cost of the device has nothing to do with it.
(another $1-200 for a phone that I enjoy, & will last me 2 years is totally worth it to me).

Apple's marketing campaigns are really annoying,
but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate their products for what it is.

SimpleS14
08-26-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry to stir the pot but how does Steve Jobs/Apple affect my owning/using an HTC Android phone?

It doesn't because you're not a die hard fanboy :keke:

spectra
08-26-2011, 07:33 PM
usually his type of cancer kills people within a year. hes lived with it for what 7??? if you have money, you to can over come any illness.

Future240
08-26-2011, 09:16 PM

The success of the IPhone helped bring about competitors such as Android. I am not making this statement as an Apple fanboy. Just look at the smart phone market before the first iPhone and after. Apple help take the smartphone out of it's business image and normalized it. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying Apple/Jobs is 100% the only reason Android and etc exists. I am just saying Apple did indirectly play a role in it's creation.

It is very similar to what Facebook has done to social networking, to give an example out of phones.'

tricky_ab
08-26-2011, 10:00 PM
^Jobs was a dick no doubt but he still helped pull Apple out of their slum. Just look at Apple's history when Jobs was not there compared to when he was/is there.

Oh for sure, I agree with the fact that he pulled them out of big rut. I mentioned it earlier but I hope to God that 90's Apple is not coming back since he's going to be a lot more hands off from now on...

Daniel.
08-27-2011, 01:00 PM
The success of the IPhone helped bring about competitors such as Android. I am not making this statement as an Apple fanboy. Just look at the smart phone market before the first iPhone and after. Apple help take the smartphone out of it's business image and normalized it. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying Apple/Jobs is 100% the only reason Android and etc exists. I am just saying Apple did indirectly play a role in it's creation.

It is very similar to what Facebook has done to social networking, to give an example out of phones.'

Yes. +1000.

Competition is what fuels innovation.

Deviance
08-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Looks like he is losing his battle with cancer. Poor guy

this picture of Jobs was taken yesterday
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/26/0826-steve-jobs-02pcn-credit-1.jpg

sw20>>s14
08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
so sad...

jalkjfdkljda

S14DB
08-27-2011, 03:35 PM
I love arm chair CEO's... How are your Multi-trillion dollar company's doing?

axiomatik
08-29-2011, 10:59 AM

If you don't realize how much the iphone inspired the device you are using, you are clueless. Before the iphone, the only smartphones available in the US were the Blackberry, and the HTC windows phones, which almost no one bought. Other than that, everyone was selling phones for texting.

Then the iphone came along, and redefined the smartphone genre, and just about every android phone has pretty closely followed the same playbook. Would google have developed the Nexus One/Android without the success of the iphone, and the millions of mobile web users it brought to the market?

S14DB
08-29-2011, 05:52 PM
How Steve Jobs Changed The Way We Listen : All Songs Considered Blog : NPR (http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2011/08/24/139929797/how-steve-jobs-changed-the-way-we-listen)

SimpleS14
08-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Anyone else think the pic was a bit much to post online?

He looks very weak/ill and probably didn't want to be bothered.

SLiDe_WaYz
08-29-2011, 06:12 PM

Damnnnnn he looks like he is on his last leg literally.

Daniel.
08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
It's probably photoshopped.

HyperTek
08-29-2011, 06:32 PM
i still wont by overpriced apple bs

tricky_ab
08-29-2011, 08:06 PM

Yeah I agree...He doesn't look well at all... :(

The buzz is that it's a fake but we will see...

axiomatik
08-31-2011, 10:43 AM
i still wont by overpriced apple bs

I wouldn't consider $50 iphones or $500 ipads overpriced. Especially when tablet competitors come out with higher prices.

Phlip
10-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Took a quick screen cap before it gets deleted...

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5967/jobsk.jpg

... discuss

Zacho
10-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Apples website confirms.

Apple (http://www.apple.com/)

zooopreme
10-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Damn, do you think that's why he stepped down from his position? Anyway, RIP & may his empire stay strong for years to come.

20 til 3
10-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Apple (http://www.apple.com) yeah, shitty deal RIP

Matej
10-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Poor guy. :(

thrax
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM
RIP Steve. Apple II forever.

xnissan240sx
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
I guess an apple a day, didnt keep the doctor away. RIP Steve Jobs

Daniel.
10-05-2011, 06:15 PM
RIP Steve. We owe much to you.

thefro526
10-05-2011, 06:16 PM
RIP to a man who changed the world.

DrIvEsldEwAyS
10-05-2011, 06:19 PM
RIP to a Genius man

slamburger
10-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Sad day. The man did so much. RIP.

ManoNegra
10-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Lot of hipsters will be broken hearted. What will they spend their parents money on now...?
RIP

K_style
10-05-2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.apple.com/

It's on their main page

Pretty sad.

S14DB
10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
You think they kept the body on ice till after the announcement on Tuesday?

drift freaq
10-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I guess an apple a day, didnt keep the doctor away. RIP Steve Jobs

wow that comment was pretty bad. In case you are wondering he died of Pancreatic cancer. Its sad he was not that old. It is the passing of an era.

R.I.P. Steve you will always be remembered.

TheWolf
10-05-2011, 06:57 PM
A captain of industry... he will be missed

Cheesy Doriftos
10-05-2011, 06:59 PM
rip to a genius

harsh reality that no matter how much you've done in this world and how many billions you've accumulated, you can't outrun death. it was simply his time to go. :naw:

ronmcdon
10-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Very sad, rip

SaNTi
10-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Dude was a huge Inspiration. RIP.

0OJBLquzPqk

‎"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

- Steve Jobs

Flipzide
10-05-2011, 07:14 PM
RIP Mr. Jobs.

tricky_ab
10-05-2011, 07:18 PM
That seems awful sudden. RIP Steve, you were a visionary and a pioneer.

delado
10-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Steve Jobs was a real OG. RIP

lflkajfj12123
10-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Rip        

SuicidnS13
10-05-2011, 07:37 PM
So guys just log into Apple.com and he has just passed as of today. It is a sad day for apple fans around the world. To think he just stepped down a few weeks ago too...

RIP and thanks for the ipod and the iphone...

Wongger
10-05-2011, 07:49 PM
RIP, thank you for all you have accomplished.

initial_jc
10-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Sad, but 56 isn't very old my pops is nearing that age

God bless

And I wonder how much apples designs will change?

initial_jc
10-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Hulu - CNBC Titans: Steve Jobs - Watch the full episode now. (http://www.hulu.com/watch/286110/cnbc-titans-steve-jobs)

TheRealSy90
10-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Designs won't change, he hasn't been designing stuff for a while now.

WanganRunner
10-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Very sad, all the top management at Apple must have known he was weeks from death when he resigned.

It's funny though, the rest of the world is mourning the CEO of Apple and I find myself mourning the guy who gave us Pixar. John Lasseter may be the Hayao Miyazaki of Pixar, but Jobs created the environment for Lasseter to do what he does.

Gnnr
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
One of the original icons in the Tech Industry.

RIP. :(

blueshark123
10-05-2011, 09:22 PM
go Microsoft oops rip steve jobs

JDM king240
10-05-2011, 09:29 PM
RIP steve jobs

Daniel.
10-05-2011, 10:01 PM

Stay classy San Diego.

BustedS13
10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5kjVw.jpg

chris_240sx
10-05-2011, 10:56 PM
^ Lol no way, that's awesome.

RIP

codyace
10-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Lot of hipsters will be broken hearted. What will they spend their parents money on now...?
RIP

Beers all night on me! LOL

drift freaq
10-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Very sad, all the top management at Apple must have known he was weeks from death when he resigned.

It's funny though, the rest of the world is mourning the CEO of Apple and I find myself mourning the guy who gave us Pixar. John Lasseter may be the Hayao Miyazaki of Pixar, but Jobs created the environment for Lasseter to do what he does.

This is true and quite honestly we sometimes overlook this part of him. Thank you for bringing it up. Pixar was and is an awesome animation house and we owe that to Steve for sure.

slamburger
10-06-2011, 12:49 AM

They fucking better not show up at his funeral.

daftphunk
10-06-2011, 12:51 AM
RIP to a genius.

upsdude
10-06-2011, 12:52 AM
i'm sure he (jobs) had a good idea of how much time he had left. judging from the quote a few posts above me he had accepted his fate a long time ago, and stayed on as apple CEO as long as he could. doesn't seem like a coincidence that he steps down then dies shortly after. besides the guy's a bonafide immortal with the ipod/pad/phone and pixar

atom
10-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Reports are coming out that he spent much of his last time here mapping out his vision for Apple so it seems like his fingerprint may be on Apple for years to come. That's some real dedication.

RIP

codyace
10-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Reports are coming out that he spent much of his last time here mapping out his vision for Apple so it seems like his fingerprint may be on Apple for years to come. That's some real dedication.

RIP

NOt to take anything away from him, but any business owner should be that way.

revcyanide
10-06-2011, 08:25 AM

The class of this guy astounds me.

WanganRunner
10-06-2011, 08:56 AM

RIP

I believe it, which is also why I wasn't surprised by his death after his resignation, as I figured that he'd only resign if he knew he didn't have long to live.

He lived to succeed, whether it was Apple or Pixar.

I haven't yet seen if John Lasseter has been quoted in saying anything about Jobs' passing.

aziankingz
10-06-2011, 09:23 AM
America loses more Jobs..

conrad_s13.5
10-06-2011, 09:33 AM
fuckin westboro

blueshark123
10-06-2011, 10:56 AM
The class of this guy astounds me.

So does your mom:blah:

revcyanide
10-06-2011, 11:22 AM
So does your mom:blah:

my mom astounds me?

or she is classy?

neither is an insult.

KA24DESOneThree
10-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Do not feed those from Jersey.

The world is a little worse for losing Jobs. He was a dedicated, brilliant person who, although certainly not perfect, helped humanity as whole.

Seriously.

aziankingz
10-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Good thing Obamas goal is to revive jobs..

revcyanide
10-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Do not feed those from Jersey.

explains so much, jersey and florida are the assholes of america.

Dirty Habit
10-06-2011, 01:40 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsmezisUlm1qazploo1_400.png

!Zar!
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Westboro announces protest of Steve Jobs (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/westboro-announces-protest-steve-jobs-funeral-iphone-141530936.html)

BustedS13
10-06-2011, 03:39 PM
They fucking better not show up at his funeral.

yeah, i mean, picketing US soldiers' funerals is one thing, but the ipod guy? woah man, not in my america

koukikat180sx
10-06-2011, 03:42 PM
rip steve jobs...

when my grandfather passed away mid last month, i found out that he met steve jobs back in (i think) 1979 and manufacturered the key caps for the first keyboards apple produced.

revcyanide
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
yeah, i mean, picketing us soldiers' funerals is one thing, but the ipod guy? Woah man, not in my america

right, this crosses the line!

murda-c
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
yeah, i mean, picketing US soldiers' funerals is one thing, but the ipod guy? woah man, not in my america

Steve jobs has a higher body count anyway.

or maybe i should check my facts.

cdlong
10-06-2011, 04:06 PM

You apparently missed this.

Oh, wait..

slamburger
10-06-2011, 09:46 PM

There you go again being the piece of shit zilvia is used to.

did i say anything like that lead you to believe that steve jobs deserves more respect then anyone else? no, you're just a fucking idiot that always assumes shit about people so you can act cool and talk shit.
I meant this in general, not just cuz its steve jobs. Just the fact that they picket at peoples funerals is bullshit.

Its a thread about steve jobs. All i said is those bible thumping ass clowns better not show up.

K_style
10-06-2011, 09:54 PM
"10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash."

codyace
10-06-2011, 09:57 PM
There you go again being the piece of shit zilvia is used to.

did i say anything like that lead you to believe that steve jobs deserves more respect then anyone else? no, you're just a fucking idiot that always assumes shit about people so you can act cool and talk shit.
I meant this in general, not just cuz its steve jobs. Just the fact that they picket at peoples funerals is bullshit.

Its a thread about steve jobs. All i said is those bible thumping ass clowns better not show up.

Dude, it was a joke. :trogdor:

lflkajfj12123
10-07-2011, 12:14 AM
smh at all the disrespect in this thread

making jokes about people dying is nowhere in good taste and really not that funny no matter who it is

you should be ashamed of yourselves (i know this is the internet but fo' real grow the fuck up)

BustedS13
10-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Dude, it was a joke. :trogdor:
some people don't appreciate my dry wit :bite:

:lfault:

K_style
10-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Why even Westboro people interested in Jobs ??? I dont get it.

murda-c
10-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Why even Westboro people interested in Jobs ??? I dont get it.

He's the biggest name they could picket...they just want attention.

K_style
10-07-2011, 09:19 AM
He's the biggest name they could picket...they just want attention.

What a lame people..
:picardfp:

codyace
10-07-2011, 10:04 AM
smh at all the disrespect in this thread

making jokes about people dying is nowhere in good taste and really not that funny no matter who it is

you should be ashamed of yourselves (i know this is the internet but fo' real grow the fuck up)

Forums, home of the 'born again' hard.