PDA

View Full Version : Netflix streaming thread

Tantwoforty
08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
What have you guys recently watched on Netflix streaming?
Maybe some good suggestions.. besides Top gear UK and deadliest warrior

sidewaysil80
08-24-2011, 11:13 AM
the league, reno 911, and a shit ton of shit grade horror movies

EsChassisLove
08-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Gashole, Disneys Tangled, Frozen

And Ive been watching all the seasons of Heroes. Few more episodes left. I'll have to check my recently watched to see all the good ones Ive watched.

I started watching Lost with my wife, but went on a mission, came back and she was on the last episode. Talk about confusing as fuck lol

I think the choices have gotten pretty shitty lately :/

murda-c
08-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I've watched every episode they have of the following:

Mad Men
Blue Mountain State
90s xmen
Futurama
Mitchell and Webb look
My name is Earl
Scrubs
Arrested Development
Eureka
Code Monkeys
Firefly

....Man before netflix I didn't watch this much Television...

simmode1
08-24-2011, 11:39 AM
^^^Lol... the 90's X-Men. I watched it too... haha...

Just finished Ong Bak 2. Hell crap, awesome movie if you like martial arts. Gonna watch part 3 tomorrow.

VROOOM
08-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
a documentary about Hunter S. Thompson. pretty interesting. i love documentaries

delado
08-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Pawn stars ftw!

greddy2die
08-24-2011, 12:01 PM
No cable in my apartment, dont feel like paying the rediculous prices so I just stream netflix via my ps3.

Ive watched so much shit I wouldnt have before.

Ive rewatched every LOST episode
Heros
Eureka
Reno 911
The Office
Scrubs

Along with alot of independant films, last night I actually watched a movie called Splinterheads which i thought was pretty funny.

I just have one gripe about it, they will have the comedy section, then you scroll down to lets say drama, and they have the same movies listed there too...lol I know lost of movies can fall under multiple categories but it just grinds my gears ha. I think a better search engine for ps3 is needed.

Fearell
08-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Archer
Eureka
Mad Men
Anything Discovery/National Geographic/Nova
Weeds
Arrested Development
Heros

I watch a lot of HULU too. No cable bills for me.

ILoveMyRHS13
08-24-2011, 12:12 PM
I watched 5 seasons of Weeds last week...

axiomatik
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't have much time to watch TV, but when I do, it's most often TGUK. Otherwise random movies. Wish their selection of Hollywood movies was better. I've sampled a few anime, and have been uninterested with the few I tried. I did watch all the episodes of the Demetri Martin show that they had.

I started watching Lost with my wife, but went on a mission, came back and she was on the last episode. Talk about confusing as fuck lol

Even if you saw every episode you'd still be just as confused.

driftsilvias13
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
ip man....

86is300
08-24-2011, 01:08 PM
ip man....
THIS!!!
^^^Lol... the 90's X-Men. I watched it too... haha...
same

i like to watch the b movies, whitecoats was funny, Dont be a menace to south central while drinkin your juice in the hood.... friday, friday after next, bunch of standups... My girl and I are watching Merlin... and Dollhouse was pretty good..... on and Archer is fucking hilarious.

SLiDe_WaYz
08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Nip/Tuck
Sons of Anarchy
IRT
Man Vs Wild
Swamp People
Ax Men
Deadliest Warrior

Tons of movies, and alot of other tv shows. Honestly I run out of things to watch. I've had Netflix for 3 years and can honestly say the selection is going down hill streaming wise.

simmode1
08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Seriously guys, if you like Ip Man, check out Ong Bak 1, 2 & 3. You won't regret it.

Guilty pleasure: I just saw that Netflix has the entire run of Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel too. I will be watching...
:hide:

ALTRNTV
08-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Ip Man 2 as well...

driftsilvias13
08-24-2011, 03:55 PM
ONG BAK 1 was good. I started to watch 2 and 3 and was like WTF is this so I stopped watching.

curbhuggerrps13
08-24-2011, 03:56 PM
me and the wife have been watching the entire seasons of charmed..yay

ManoNegra
08-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Have access to it but don't really watch that often
in the past I've watched:
Airbender Nick series
The League (highly recommended)
Exit Though the Gift Shop
and comedy/stand up specials

nevertheless
08-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Watched every season of Ghost Adventures. The dude is a tool, but its entertaining.

curbhuggerrps13
08-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Watched every season of Ghost Adventures. The dude is a tool, but its entertaining.
but zak makes the show interesante!!!! him and his short legs

simmode1
08-24-2011, 05:29 PM
ONG BAK 1 was good. I started to watch 2 and 3 and was like WTF is this so I stopped watching.
It's good man. It's like a prequel to the first one. It teaches how the character in the first movie recieved the badass fighting skills that were passed down in his village for centuries. It is brutal, man.

sil80owner
08-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Legend of the fist
Ip man
Ip man 2
Chinese connection
Bruce lee the legend
Iron monkey
Hobo with a shotgun
Lmk I knows all the good stuff

sickstatus
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
i rewatched initial d in english hahaha.

prison break
ghost whisper with gf
too much to list =p

who needs cable when u got netflix

DoobieS13
08-24-2011, 07:11 PM
just saw that they have hobo with a shotgun on there. that movie is nuts! i watched it a few months ago on dvd at a buddy's house.

Agamemnon
08-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Star Trek TNG
Voyager
Enterprise

All day everyday.

Also Anthony Bourdain-No Reservations. He's the Jeremy Clarkson of the food world.

Gizmo_S13
08-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Hobo With A Shotgun. Nothing but pure fucking awesomeness!!!!!

bluuuurr
08-25-2011, 09:45 AM
I watched 5 seasons of Weeds last week...

same.. I always thought it looked kind of dumb, but I got hooked after one episode.

Tantwoforty
08-25-2011, 10:27 AM
i rewatched initial d in english hahaha.

prison break
ghost whisper with gf
too much to list =p

who needs cable when u got netflix

isint initial d in English painful? i watched it to lol

simmode1
08-25-2011, 02:35 PM
isint initial d in English painful? i watched it to lol
Shit is fucking wretched. Almost drove me to sticking scissors in my ears.

86is300
08-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Shit is fucking wretched. Almost drove me to sticking scissors in my ears.

amen... funimation and tokyopop ruined it... its why i have the chinese/japanese dvds... rather watch that all day every day

driftsilvias13
08-25-2011, 03:46 PM
I just watched 13 assassins. Pretty cool movie. I cant imagine living in that time.

simmode1
08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I just watched 13 assassins. Pretty cool movie. I cant imagine living in that time.
Thats in my queue. Gonna watch Ong Bak 3 first, then a Donnie Yen flick called The Return of Chen Zhen, Special (2006) with Michael Rapaport actin' crazy and then 13 Assasins.

Oh that reminds me! I watched this a few weeks ago:
http://www.mposter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/warriors-way-2.jpg
I liked it.

Redstar
08-25-2011, 04:30 PM
It's perfect because I don't have HD cable in my room, but I have Netflix!

Mythbusters
Pawn Stars
American Pickers
Top Gear UK
etc.

Also watched a bunch of psychological thrillers.

Deviance
08-25-2011, 05:05 PM
for comedy watch Bill Burr Let it Go. Shit is really funny

anton1o
08-25-2011, 06:07 PM
I just recently got my Logitech Revue/GoogleTV and should be getting my Netflix this weekend, although unlike you guys i have to do router configurations to actually be able to watch it :(

Damn netflix/hulu for not accepting international viewers!

SLiDe_WaYz
08-25-2011, 06:50 PM
AncientAliens it pretty legit. It will blow your mind.

Flexin
08-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Initial D first second third and beginning fourth stage; and of course cheese filled horror movies. Thats all netflix has going for it!

simmode1
08-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Just finished it. What an awesome fucking movie.

TougeLabs
08-29-2011, 11:04 PM

Pretty much everyone of Takashi Miike’s movies are incredible...That guy has impacted so many writers and directors all over the world its amazing.

S14DB
08-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the Suggestions. Some of this stuff I didn't realize had gone to streaming.
I liked IP Man, never cared for Ong Bak.

I like Kitchen Nightmares UK. So much better than how they edited the us version. Now I know why 50% of restaurants fail.

simmode1
08-30-2011, 09:34 AM
I liked the Ong Bak series because sometimes movie makers act like the only ppl that are good at martial arts are Chinese and Japanese ppl. Ong Bak's Thai perspective & surprisingly high production value was a refreshing change up to me.

The genre gets monotonous sometimes. Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen, I'm looking at you... Totally underwhelming effort from Donnie Yen. SMH.

Bullet01
08-30-2011, 12:35 PM

Agreed. Loved 13 Assassins. Its kinda like a realistic and more serious version of Shogun Assassin.

On another note, I finished watching the first season of Louie. Very good show if you like dark, self-loathing humor. Louie CK is the man.

woodchuck
08-30-2011, 05:30 PM
anybody loose quality in their HD steams?
i've been noticing that all the action flicks i streamed went to SD when scenes were moving to fast. :(

nevertheless
08-30-2011, 09:50 PM
hobo with a shotgun - great movie lol

kandyflip445
08-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Recently,

Ip Man 1&2
Voyager
Top Shot
Battlestar Galactica (newer one)

But since school started not much at all.

anton1o
09-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Watched IPMan and really enjoyed it, will watch IPMan 2 and 13 Assasians over the weekend most likely.

Also been watching Pawn Stars which is an awesome show also.

S14DB
09-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Remember it's Sept. so you need to check your plan 2days before the billing date if you want to dump discs.

lucky7
09-01-2011, 06:49 PM
-weeds is a good show.
-dexter is no longer streaming, but was the shit.
-i like a show called luther - british detective stuff. i liked it.
-all the gordon ramsay shit. i'm a big fan.
-the documentaries about china are awesome. there was one called wild china i believe, 6 part series, but well worth a look if you like history stuff.

word sux
09-01-2011, 07:46 PM
just finished hobo with a shotgun

hillarious

TheWolf
09-01-2011, 09:14 PM
And stars just said.. charge customers premium tiers or we're taking our "premium content" and going home...

kandyflip445
09-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Booooo for Stars. They think their shit doesn't stink apparently.

meteorite_flo
09-02-2011, 11:11 PM
The Man From Nowhere
Old Boy
I Saw the Devil
Lady Vengence
Mother

The ones I just listed are Korean movies, but they're pretty good.

WanganRunner
09-03-2011, 06:35 AM
I just signed up for this and have been re-watching twin peaks. Watches like a modern HBO drama, very ahead of it's time IMO.

anton1o
09-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Remember it's Sept. so you need to check your plan 2days before the billing date if you want to dump discs.

Yer, i just changed to Unlimited Streaming No DVD...

As i think it would look a bit suspicious asking for a DVD to be sent to Australia haha!

axiomatik
09-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Recently watched:

Ip Man
Killers - decent assassin comedy
Wild Target - another pretty good assassin comedy, but British

ZenkiKid
09-06-2011, 01:18 PM
The Man From Nowhere
Old Boy
I Saw the Devil
Lady Vengence
Mother

The ones I just listed are Korean movies, but they're pretty good.

The Lady Vengence that netflix uploaded sucks. The subtitles dont fit on the screen.

I started watching the documentary "Seoul Train". Its about what refugees have to go through to sneak out of North Korea. Pretty crazy shit.

Gnnr
09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Netflix Apology Email

I messed up. I owe you an explanation.

It is clear from the feedback over the past two months that many members felt we lacked respect and humility in the way we announced the separation of DVD and streaming and the price changes. That was certainly not our intent, and I offer my sincere apology. Let me explain what we are doing.

For the past five years, my greatest fear at Netflix has been that we wouldn't make the leap from success in DVDs to success in streaming. Most companies that are great at something – like AOL dialup or Borders bookstores – do not become great at new things people want (streaming for us). So we moved quickly into streaming, but I should have personally given you a full explanation of why we are splitting the services and thereby increasing prices. It wouldn’t have changed the price increase, but it would have been the right thing to do.

So here is what we are doing and why.

Many members love our DVD service, as I do, because nearly every movie ever made is published on DVD. DVD is a great option for those who want the huge and comprehensive selection of movies.

I also love our streaming service because it is integrated into my TV, and I can watch anytime I want. The benefits of our streaming service are really quite different from the benefits of DVD by mail. We need to focus on rapid improvement as streaming technology and the market evolves, without maintaining compatibility with our DVD by mail service.

So we realized that streaming and DVD by mail are really becoming two different businesses, with very different cost structures, that need to be marketed differently, and we need to let each grow and operate independently.

It’s hard to write this after over 10 years of mailing DVDs with pride, but we think it is necessary: In a few weeks, we will rename our DVD by mail service to “Qwikster”. We chose the name Qwikster because it refers to quick delivery. We will keep the name “Netflix” for streaming.

Qwikster will be the same website and DVD service that everyone is used to. It is just a new name, and DVD members will go to qwikster.com to access their DVD queues and choose movies. One improvement we will make at launch is to add a video games upgrade option, similar to our upgrade option for Blu-ray, for those who want to rent Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 games. Members have been asking for video games for many years, but now that DVD by mail has its own team, we are finally getting it done. Other improvements will follow. A negative of the renaming and separation is that the Qwikster.com and Netflix.com websites will not be integrated.

There are no pricing changes (we’re done with that!). If you subscribe to both services you will have two entries on your credit card statement, one for Qwikster and one for Netflix. The total will be the same as your current charges. We will let you know in a few weeks when the Qwikster.com website is up and ready.

For me the Netflix red envelope has always been a source of joy. The new envelope is still that lovely red, but now it will have a Qwikster logo. I know that logo will grow on me over time, but still, it is hard. I imagine it will be similar for many of you.

I want to acknowledge and thank you for sticking with us, and to apologize again to those members, both current and former, who felt we treated them thoughtlessly.

Both the Qwikster and Netflix teams will work hard to regain your trust. We know it will not be overnight. Actions speak louder than words. But words help people to understand actions.

Respectfully yours,

-Reed Hastings, Co-Founder and CEO, Netflix

simmode1
09-19-2011, 02:20 PM
^^^Oh. Soooo basically, we're sorry of shitting on all of you but we're still not really changing anything. HOWEVER, we'll let you start renting video games soon!*

*(probably with another additional fee...)

Fuck off, Netflix. This just made me even madder actually. Really looking into Hulu Plus to accompany my Vudu HD.

Daniel.
09-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Why Netflix is splitting itself in two - The Oatmeal (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/netflix)

Best explanation ever.

raz0rbladez909
09-19-2011, 04:42 PM
+1 for "Ip Man" 1&2, also watched "The Final Countdown" after not seeing it for years, and it was surprisingly entertaining.

S14DB
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
The DVD is Dead! Long Live the DVD!

nevertheless
09-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Love the Beast - makes me never want to get rid of my car.

xBandiTx
09-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Lately ive been re-watching Initial D (this is my 2nd time watching it again) but theres Weeds, Heroes, Kevin Hart - seriously funny. Depends on what yur really into i guess

wonpoo
09-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Power Rangers OH YEAH!

bookoo
09-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Mad men is really good!

TougeLove
09-19-2011, 08:05 PM
on season 4 of the office. started season 1 about a week ago. i wanted to get it finished before the new episodes on thursday but i dont see that happening.

Future240
09-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Netflix Apology Email

I thought this was spam when I first got it. I am curious to know how this whole pricing thing works out. I barely used the dvd portion, mostly streaming, but I still want my dvd's not really hot on paying extra either.

Back on topic.

I need to check out IP man, netflix keeps saying it will be a 5/5 for me and quite a few of you have mentioned it.

SLiDe_WaYz
09-20-2011, 09:58 AM
I thought this was spam when I first got it. I am curious to know how this whole pricing thing works out. I barely used the dvd portion, mostly streaming, but I still want my dvd's not really hot on paying extra either.

I heard a few days ago Netflix was bought out, new owner and in a month or so they will also start providing the option to have video games by mail.

Daniel.
09-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Netflix did not get bought out, does not have a new owner, but will start providing video game rentals through it's spin off company Qwikster.

Did you not read this thread at all?

axiomatik
09-20-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't see this split as a good thing for consumers. The current setup is a nice sweet spot for us. We can stream tons of content for a reasonable price. The library is somewhat limited, but what isn't available via streaming can be gotten on DVD (again, for a reasonable price).

However, splitting up the companies is probably only a first step. I presume Netflix intends to eventually sell the DVD business. This makes sense for the company, because at this point, the DVD business can really go no where but down as streaming takes over. Selling the DVD business will bring in a bunch of cash, and Netflix can use that cash to increase its streaming catalog, build infrastructure, whatever. But the reason that streaming has so few recent hollywood movies is because studios want so much money for the rights. So in order to offer those expensive options, they will have to charge more money than they currently do. They don't have to do that at the moment, because users can see those movies on DVD if they want, and the studios charge less for that privilege. Users probably consume content at a slower rate via DVD than streaming, since there is the whole shipping time issue. I'm willing to bet that within a few years, Netflix streaming will cost more like $30-40 per month, intended to be a replacement to cable.

Also, currently, tons of TV shows are available to stream, commercial free. To TV studios, right now that is just an additional revenue stream. But as more and more consumers stop watching regular broadcast/cable TV, the studios will see their ad revenue decrease, and they are going to start charging more money for the right to stream tv shows to make up for that lost revenue.

SLiDe_WaYz
09-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Netflix did not get bought out, does not have a new owner, but will start providing video game rentals through it's spin off company Qwikster.

Did you not read this thread at all?

Yes I read this thread, I heard this on the news that they were bought out and have a new company owner.

axiomatik
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Yes I read this thread, I heard this on the news that they were bought out and have a new company owner.

Netflix wasn't bought....it announced a new business strategy.

BustedS13
09-21-2011, 12:01 PM

what channel is the fake news on?

Daniel.
09-21-2011, 12:04 PM
probably foxnews.

axiomatik
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
what channel is the fake news on?

http://melaniekillingervowell.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/fox-5-16.png?w=299&h=253

fyneyoungstunna
09-25-2011, 09:58 AM
back on topic, highschool of the dead is on netflix now!!!!!

Future240
09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
I finally watched IP man. One of the best martial arts films I've seen in a long time.

DS562
09-25-2011, 08:52 PM
IP man was great. did anybody watch "Monsters"? from what i heard the guy edited the film on his laptop with a budget of $15,000. its pretty slow and had tons of potential, but i guess his budget was the issue.

DenkiMan!
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
ip man is a really good movie. wing chun is a really cool fighting style

kenS14
09-25-2011, 09:37 PM
if you guys liked ip 1 & 2 check out 13 Assassins(samurai movie)...

EhrikETFG
09-25-2011, 09:42 PM
13 assassins is awesome. there are definitely some iffy parts but its at least 8/10 imo

ALTRNTV
09-27-2011, 11:25 AM
21 Grams... great movie.

axiomatik
09-27-2011, 12:24 PM
I don't remember much about that movie, it had a lot of buzz around it when it came out, but I remember being unimpressed.

I LUV MY S13
09-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Do some of the shows update or do I have to manually stream a season on my wii?

sil80owner
09-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Just saw TrollHunter it's unique and entertaining I highly recommend it... It's fun and exciting much better than king kong, cloverfield etc

lok
09-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Does anyone else menu change on a regular basis.

I mean "recently watched" just disappears and the next day its back.

airhead
09-27-2011, 02:38 PM
If you guys like comedy stand ups watch "Nick Swardson Who farted"
:)

fyneyoungstunna
09-28-2011, 10:49 AM
haha suicide with a tshirt cannon!!

airhead
09-28-2011, 01:40 PM
^ best part:p

Rezist89
09-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Netflix needs updates bad

driftsilvias13
09-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Going old school with enter the dragon

MudRacer
09-29-2011, 02:49 PM
There are no SciFi Fans in here? I just watched 5 seasons of Dr. Who. BBC show. Its not half bad.

I also watched all 12 seasons of Stargate SG1, SGU, Stargate Atlantis and All of the new Battlestar Galactica.

Any new Scifi shows coming with space travel and/or time travel?

They just dont make em like they used to.

driftsilvias13
09-30-2011, 01:58 AM
THE MAN FROM NOWHERE.

Its a Korean film but was pretty damn good. Reminded me of Taken in a way. Def a must watch!

Nidd
09-30-2011, 02:03 AM
There are no SciFi Fans in here? I just watched 5 seasons of Dr. Who. BBC show. Its not half bad.

I also watched all 12 seasons of Stargate SG1, SGU, Stargate Atlantis and All of the new Battlestar Galactica.

all i watch is sci-fi stuff lol.

watched all of stargate, been working on Battlestar Galactica now lol. random other shows doing with the end of the world and what not.

ZenkiKid
09-30-2011, 07:00 AM
I watched clash the other day and I liked it. Alot of muay thai and french savate fight sequences.

Daniel.
10-10-2011, 11:12 AM
*cross posted from my Google+ page*
Qwikster is dead.

I applaud Netflix for it's agility and quick decision making but I can't help but think that all of this nimbleness is totally confusing to users.

What's next?

http://blog.netflix.com/2011/10/dvds-will-be-staying-at-netflixcom.html

simmode1
10-10-2011, 11:22 AM
^^^Man, fire that CEO. Thats is sooo much damn back pedaling! What an indecisive company! I mean, it was a stupid idea to begin with but, damn!

I watched clash the other day and I liked it. Alot of muay thai and french savate fight sequences.
OH Really? I'll check that out when I get home...

victorw210
10-10-2011, 12:40 PM
"education of charlie banks" good flik i recommend

S14DB
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
*cross posted from my Google+ page*
Qwikster is dead.

I applaud Netflix for it's agility and quick decision making but I can't help but think that all of this nimbleness is totally confusing to users.

What's next?

http://blog.netflix.com/2011/10/dvds-will-be-staying-at-netflixcom.html

I got the email this morning. I like the shill for streaming. But, no mention of games.

miucus
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
The Wonder Years is now streaming on netflix!! i may not cancel my netflix after all... at least until i finish watching it

Edgar
10-10-2011, 05:38 PM
The Wonder Years is now streaming on netflix!! i may not cancel my netflix after all... at least until i finish watching it

I hate Winny Cooper, shes such a bitch. Anyways ive been watching all the Malcom in the middles because im corny and Anthony Bordain

Redstar
10-11-2011, 08:45 AM
The Walking Dead and River Monsters!

SleepR 240sx
10-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Even if you don't like Sci-Fi I highly recommend watching Battlestar Galactica. Excellent show that is more of a drama than about science fiction. Trust me most of you would like it. I used to be on Netflix non stop but now I'v sort of run out of things to watch till they get some new contracts.

Ramonesfreak2010
10-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I was watching Nip/Tuck everyday all day. Kind of stopped. It started getting stupid after Michelle was stealing Kidneys.

Agamemnon
11-07-2011, 12:30 AM
If anyone is into documentories, I highly recommend "Beer Wars". Even though it portays my profession as the devil incarnate and it has "down with big corporation" slant. It is an eye opening look at how the beer industry operates and how advertising sways your brew of choice.
If you're even remotely passionate about beer, I encourage you to watch it.

moocowmoo
11-07-2011, 12:58 AM
world war II in HD is on there along with another good documentary Restrepo. and MONK!! ahaha

Ramonesfreak2010
11-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I was watching Nip/Tuck everyday all day. Kind of stopped. It started getting stupid after Michelle was stealing Kidneys.
K, well I finished the series. Great show!

I've started watching The Walking Dead. So far, so good!

bookoo
11-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Ever watched madmen?

If not ya need to watch it!!!

Ramonesfreak2010
11-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Ever watched madmen?

If not ya need to watch it!!!
I've heard nothing but good things about that show. I will have to watch it after I finish season 1 of TWD. Good thing its only 6 episodes. I'm already half way there. lol

MikeisNissan
11-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Instant: Oceans

nistothemo
11-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Redstate, Hanna, The Machinist, The Red Violin, Breaking Bad

lucky7
11-13-2011, 03:15 PM

i realize this is a bit old, but i tried out dr. who, and i couldn't do more than a couple episodes. but i did notice that there were a bunch of different casts of dr. who, because according to wiki, it's been a show since the early 60's.

anyhow, i'm not huge on scifi stuff, but i watched a BBC show called Being Human. a ghost, werewolf and vampire all live in a little house together. only like 2 or 3 seasons IIRC, but it was kind of interesting.

30 rock is a good one.

simmode1
11-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Instant: Oceans
The Disney one? If so, hell yes... I was super stressed one day and put that one cuz it seemed like it would be relaxing. It was. Now I wanna smoke to it's vivid colors... lol

Speaking of vivid colored stuff to smoke to... Tron Legacy is finally on Netflix. Yay!

s14>integra
11-14-2011, 02:24 PM
just finished 13 assassins. It was amazing! now I'm watching the office UK and katt williams.

Z ya
11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Top Gear :)

Z ya
11-14-2011, 02:40 PM
dblpostx2.

axiomatik
11-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Currently watching Supercop (old Jackie Chan) and started a few How It's Made.

nevertheless
08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Bumpin this up, since I just finished a couple seasons. Couple of good horror movies I checked out:

Trollhunter
the Woman

lewisfk
08-06-2012, 09:47 PM
I use netflix for watching older animes and hopefully Breaking Bad will be on there soon.

OgSilviaSkywalker
08-06-2012, 10:08 PM
season 1 workaholics! waiting for season 2 to be released.

Josh400
08-06-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm surprise you guys like Netflix. You guys should try HuLu Plus it's way better

Om1kron
08-06-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm surprise you guys like Netflix. You guys should try HuLu Plus it's way better

Nope, there is commercials still, no thank you... I already pay for cable television.

You should check out "the fall" on netflix if you're looking for a good movie.

S14DB
08-06-2012, 11:46 PM

I get it for free and there is no way I would pay $8 for this many commercials. There is a ton of stuff that doesn't even stream mobile/set-top.
Navigation is still crap. Netflix has slowly improved this.
Menu's and stream loading is slow as balls.
Still seems like a corporate cash grab not a service.

tqstarburst
08-07-2012, 12:38 AM
I've been watching White Collar. They have barely released season 3 but not like i care since i see all the seasons online.

Josh400
08-07-2012, 05:45 PM
I get it for free and there is no way I would pay $8 for this many commercials. There is a ton of stuff that doesn't even stream mobile/set-top.
Navigation is still crap. Netflix has slowly improved this.
Menu's and stream loading is slow as balls.
Still seems like a corporate cash grab not a service.

How do you get yours for free?? I still pay for minds. Commercials suck but i got used to it. I try to be open minded on Netflix movies but they are to old or to weird. I think I'm going to try amazon prime. Suppose to top Netflix movies

S14DB
08-07-2012, 09:04 PM
How do you get yours for free?? I still pay for minds. Commercials suck but i got used to it. I try to be open minded on Netflix movies but they are to old or to weird. I think I'm going to try amazon prime. Suppose to top Netflix movies

I get gift cards for work I do. I have been thinking about a prime account. I just need to change my buying habits for it to pay off.

30days after DVD release is not old. I do like that they are starting to add the weird and obscure. Some stuff I haven't seen in a decade.

Hulu pissed me off again last night. My queue was filled with web-only. Like why show me that shit if I can watch it on the device? Also, watching multiple episodes in a series loads up a page in the background for each one. Nothing like having to hit back 13 times. Now I know why the home button is there...

delado
08-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Louis C.K is the best thing to ever happen to me. Watch both of his stand ups. Super funny.

Future240
08-08-2012, 07:50 AM
I have been watching

Shows
Supernatural
White Collar

Anime
Kenichi The mightiest Disciple
Highschool of the Dead
Soul Eater

Netflix is the best $8 I spend a month.

Gnnr
08-08-2012, 10:38 AM
I've been watching White Collar. They have barely released season 3 but not like i care since i see all the seasons online.

I pretty much love anything put out by USA Network.

White Collar
Royal Pains
Burn Notice

Waiting for their new shows to amass 3 seasons so that I can do a marathon run.

08-08-2012, 06:36 PM
http://images.wikia.com/scifi/images/8/85/The_man_from_earth.jpg

Duud
08-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Just finished season 1 of the Avengers Animated series. Pretty surprised on how good it was.

HIGHFIVEBETA
08-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Anybody watch anything else besides episodes/series shows? I watch Family Guy and Anthony Bourdain

I'm big on documentaries

I'm surprised nobody mentioned on this automotive forum mentioned "Senna". A must watch if you're a racing fan. That documentary touched my soul.

Memento is a great flick

sephiroth99
08-08-2012, 08:01 PM
I tried the one month trial and now I'm hooked! I watched all the Futurama episodes; I only had seen the episodes from before they were cancelled, so I had some catchup to do. Now I'm watching Mad Men, it's pretty good so far.

Duud
08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Anybody watch anything else besides episodes/series shows? I watch Family Guy and Anthony Bourdain

I'm big on documentaries

I'm surprised nobody mentioned on this automotive forum mentioned "Senna". A must watch if you're a racing fan. That documentary touched my soul.

Memento is a great flick

Bourdain is great, Bizarre Foods is on there too I think. Also, I dont know if it's still there, but Love the Beast is pretty good if you like automotive documentaries

chuki.s13.coupe.
08-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Anybody know when season 2 of The Walking Dead comes out?

Josh400
08-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Dexter is pretty good. You guys should check that one out

Renelovesnike
08-09-2012, 02:47 AM
NETFLIX on PS3

try

How i meet your mother
Friends with Benefits
Wonder Years
and whatever else has manny stars on a boring day =]

axiomatik
08-14-2012, 12:04 PM
I use netflix for watching older animes and hopefully Breaking Bad will be on there soon.

Breaking Bad is on Netflix....first 4 seasons according to the Netflix app on my phone.

StepN2Boost
08-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Since I only get 8 channels on tv, I signed up for netflix. Only shit I watch on tv is Its always sunny in philadelphia bc its not on Netflix n I love that shit! Anyway, usually watching foreign, martial arts, anime, history and geographical documentaries, and obscure comedies n such. Here are a few of my must sees:

Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Enter the Void
Leprechaun 5: In the Hood
Iron Monkey
Flcl
Louie
Human Traffic
The Inbetweeners
The bue planet
Castaway on the moon
Bangraku

could go on for DAYS! Love netflix...

jesse_s13
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Any good action movies on Netflix?

StepN2Boost
11-12-2012, 05:07 PM
General action, or you looking for something specific?

Bobafreak
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
A mafia kid version of prison called "the yard".
Think of the cartoon that used to be on called "recess" but a real life version with profanity, kids fighting over playground turf, and smuggling. lol

SOA and dexter but im caught up now on the shows so i dont need to watch it.

10K Redline
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I hadn't owned a TV for a while prior to Friday; got one along with Netflix trial and so far have watched all of The League episodes and a few Madmen episodes. I'm fucking hooked o.O

I was kind of pissed they don't have Boardwalk Empire on there though, that was really the only reason i wanted Netflix.

I'll definitely check out some of the suggestions. Heard Breaking Bad was pretty good gonna check that out too.

jesse_s13
11-13-2012, 08:38 AM
General action, or you looking for something specific?
I started watching TerraNova. Kinda cool.

Tantwoforty
11-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Me and my girlfriend watched all the breaking bad, pretty much every night I fall asleep to Top Gear
mmm Top Gear

Future240
11-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Me and my girlfriend watched all the breaking bad, pretty much every night I fall asleep to Top Gear
mmm Top Gear

For 2 weeks straight I watched nothing but Top Gear every day.

K_style
11-14-2012, 10:11 AM
I just subscribed Netflix. Was tired of paying $1.25 every time for the Red box and shitty you tube quality movies.

Too bad Netflix doesn't have Dexter...

meteorite_flo
11-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I just subscribed Netflix. Was tired of paying $1.25 every time for the Red box and shitty you tube quality movies.

Too bad Netflix doesn't have Dexter...

Sucks that we can't watch Dexter on Netflix, that's why I'm watching Breaking Bad at the moment. I watch that show so much that I got my girlfriend hooked on it.

gonzochooch
11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
I need season 3 of walking dead to end so i can watch it on netflix! Also hooked on SOA. I wish they had old cartoons like rocket power..owell.

bardabe
11-14-2012, 09:46 PM
am i seriously the only one that has watched Grey's Anatomy? lol

S14DB
11-15-2012, 05:07 AM

The only straight male maybe...

Josh400
11-15-2012, 06:48 AM
Bardabe, I watch it to! I love that show lol

K_style
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
I was surprise they had Act of Valor already... just watched last night and man.. it was bad ass movie.

Makes me thank all the people who serves country.

DrtyRat
11-15-2012, 04:18 PM
I was surprise they had Act of Valor already... just watched last night and man.. it was bad ass movie.

Makes me thank all the people who serves country.

^^^^This.
Ive been in the hospital since Saturday(had a baby girl) and netflix/ipad has been my saving grace.
In addition to act of valor ive seen:
Warrior
The Expendables
Shooter

Also watched the boxer(i think thats the one with Christian Bale) a while ago.

word sux
11-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Kinda wish I didn't cancel. Missing breaking bad allot

Bobafreak
11-16-2012, 05:08 PM
so since im caught up on dexter and SOA i kinda want to take on another show. ive been hearing of walking dead, mad men, and true blood a lot. What do you guys recommend out of the three?

gbaby2089
11-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Mad Men is good, if a bit meh.
Walking Dead is a bit meh, if good.
Never watched True Blood.

Watch Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Or Cheers.

Bobafreak
11-16-2012, 05:43 PM
i never been a fan of star trek and sci fi for that matter besides x files. Cheers? They brought back cheers again. One show i been wanting to watch that i seen bits and pieces of. Its about a guy who used to be a fbi agent and was framed, lived in florida and took cases to survive and find out who framed him. I always remember the name of it out of the blue but i like the show whenever i happen to catch it on...

gbaby2089
11-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Burn Notice.

He wasn't FBI though.

Bobafreak
11-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Burn Notice.

He wasn't FBI though.
there we go!!! If we had our REP system back i give you some greens! lol
He was something undercover related hahaha. Im going to check into blu ray versions of that show. i dont think hulu or netflix has that. Thank you!

gbaby2089
11-16-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm fairly sure Netflix has got Burn Notice. I watched the first couple seasons on it.

Josh400
11-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Bobafreak, True Blood is pretty bad ass. It's like a rated R version of twilight but way better. If you're into this kind of stuff, check it out.

Edgar
11-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Mad Men is awesome!

yokotas13
11-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Nope
just watched the recent episode too lol

lucky7
11-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Mad Men is awesome!

Werd. My favorite show on Netflix by a long shot.
I tried Dexter, but couldn't go further than the 2nd season. I have the attention span of a gnat, and get bored easily with most long, drawn-out shows. Breaking bad was too slow, I don't get into zombie shows, etc.

I like stuff like Dr. Who, Merlin, etc. Party Down is a funny show, along with the League, New girl, etc.

Netflix is a shit place to keep updated on shows, so check this site out.
YourTVSeries - Free Full Episodes & Clips, Show Info and TV Listings Guide (http://www.yourtvseri.es)

Edgar
11-19-2012, 07:58 PM

nah dude im going to admit i have to and im pretty fucking cool

i stopped when they started having musical shit :barf:

Edgar
11-19-2012, 07:59 PM
The League is amazing, im seriously sad that Netflix doesn't update its content. Im going to have to learn how to download these things and stream in the house off the laptop somehow.

K_style
11-29-2012, 02:31 AM
I got hooked on Prison Break... man.. I shouldn't got netflix.. haven't got good sleep since

Kingbaby
11-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Warrior of the rainbow

Subtitles but best tribe movie since brave heart

di-devol
11-29-2012, 01:36 PM
I have Netflix streaming from my ps3 most of the time, the app is really good.

StarTrek (all of them)
Went on a huge Donnie Yen kick
Initial D (for the 1000th time)
Mythbusters
How it's made

Son mentioned Dr Who, recently started watching that, only a couple episodes in, so far it's pretty good.

gbaby2089
11-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Crap. I forgot how amazing Mad Men is.

K_style
11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
I have Netflix streaming from my ps3 most of the time, the app is really good.

StarTrek (all of them)
Went on a huge Donnie Yen kick
Initial D (for the 1000th time)
Mythbusters
How it's made

Son mentioned Dr Who, recently started watching that, only a couple episodes in, so far it's pretty good.

Movie Initial D? That one is Gaaaay.

stevenrapids
11-29-2012, 02:37 PM
one of the best movies on netflix at the moment is ironclad. Movie is based in the medieval period and is straight action! one of the better movies i've seen lately, and is packed with blood spilling scenes!

Kingbaby
11-29-2012, 03:14 PM
^^^

read post #170 for gore fix

gonna check out ironclad

Future240
11-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Netflix's anime section needs some serious shots of life.

di-devol
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Movie Initial D? That one is Gaaaay.

The series was on there, lol not the movie.

K_style
12-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I am finishing up Prison break Season 4. It was pretty good.

I lost a couple of hours of sleep everyday because of Netflix !!! LOL

dtfdanyo
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm on season 3 of Bones. Love it so far.

I feel smart watching it.

S14DB
12-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Netflix's anime section needs some serious shots of life.
Check out Crackle.

Am I the only one that still has a DVD plan? I'm thinking of dropping it.

Kingbaby
12-07-2012, 05:29 PM
^^^

You might be...

Prison break goes sour after season 4

blessedhellrider
12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
machine gun preacher :P

EnemyS15
12-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I am still waiting for high school of the dead season 2 and the next season of archer

Nizzan4u2nv
12-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Rewatched:

Ip Man 1 & 2

Finished:

Breaking Bad.

Recently watched Warriors of the Rainbow. Wasnt that great but wasnt bad either.

Check out True Legend and Shaolin if youre into Kung Fu movies.

Josh400
01-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Sons Of Anarchy is really a good show. Unforunally It go's up to season 4 on Netflix but we order season 5 on amazon prime. I hope Breaking Bad is good.

Coodsie
01-12-2013, 08:56 PM
i've been watching a bunch of Korean movies lately. (they have great films!)

one of the best was "The Chaser" its on there.
also "I Saw The Devil" and "The Man From Nowhere" are awesome freaking movies too.

fliprayzin240sx
01-13-2013, 01:16 PM
My wife just got back from CA and her sister got her started on Once Upon a Time. So now she's forcing me to watch it on netflix...FTL...

uraznfriend
01-13-2013, 01:18 PM
once upon a time in highschool, shit is awesome its a korean film about highschool students growing up and fighting

nevertheless
01-13-2013, 01:53 PM
I started watching Wicked Attractions. Kind of like unsolved mysteries, but they reenact what serial killers crimes were. First episode the killer drives an s13 hatch, lol. Had the hatch filled with cement bags that he would bury his victims in. He kidnapped some girl, and a bunch of witnesses said it was a camaro. haha.

I also started watching Niptuck. Its not bad.

jasmine
02-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Got done watching Dexter, the ending made me feel like I've wasted my life.

Any recommendations on good TV shows/movies?
Love thrillers, horror flicks, sci-fi, fantasy.

Discuss!

just a guy
04-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Got done watching Dexter, the ending made me feel like I've wasted my life.

Any recommendations on good TV shows/movies?
Love thrillers, horror flicks, sci-fi, fantasy.

Discuss!

sons of anarchy
orphan black
house of cards

Homeboyx
04-25-2014, 01:21 PM
I fucking loved The League, funny as shit.

ManoNegra
04-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Didn't know Orphan Black is available, been hearing good things about this show.

agree, The League is a great show.

I'd recommend:
Legit
Wilfred
IT Crowd
The Grandmaster (part of the IP Man series)
Old Boy (don't watch the re-make. Also the rest of the revenge trilogy)
Audition

fyneyoungstunna
04-26-2014, 10:03 PM
ooh is audition the japanese or whatever horror one. the chick with the cello?
I have that friggin movie poster lol.

fyneyoungstunna
04-26-2014, 10:05 PM
orphan black isnt on netflix...neither is oldboy..

Matej
04-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Wilfred
Wilfred has been amazing. Hopefully the final season will not be a letdown. I feel that most people do not give it a chance because at first glance it is just just some B-rate comedy show trying to get cheap laughs out of a guy in a dog costume while leeching off the star power of Elijah Wood, but the backstory is fantastic, especially as more and more bits about Wilfred's and Ryan's past keep coming out throughout the series. Easily one of my top five shows of all time.

A few British shows I enjoyed on Netflix:
An Idiot Abroad
Peep Show
Blackadder
IT Crowd
The Inbetweeners (more of a high school show, I watched it years ago, but it is hilarious)
Skins (also a show from when I was younger, and only the first two seasons matter)

Also, one of my favorite comedy movies: Klown

ManoNegra
04-27-2014, 03:25 PM
orphan black isnt on netflix...neither is oldboy..

You are right. Not there anymore it seems.

An Idiot Abroad
Peep Show
Blackadder
IT Crowd
The Inbetweeners (more of a high school show, I watched it years ago, but it is hilarious)
Skins (also a show from when I was younger, and only the first two seasons matter)

Inbetweeners, forgot about that one.
great show.

anti tyler
04-27-2014, 04:16 PM
The Langoliers.

That is all.

ManoNegra
04-28-2014, 08:20 AM
The Langoliers.

That is all.

The Stephen King story?? If so, I liked the book a lot and will try to check this out.

Archer
Venture Bros

Matej
08-03-2014, 03:33 AM
Red vs. Blue is on Netflix.
At least the first five seasons.
Amazing show. Each season is more hilarious than the last.

gearhead55
08-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Wilfred has been amazing. Hopefully the final season will not be a letdown. I feel that most people do not give it a chance because at first glance it is just just some B-rate comedy show trying to get cheap laughs out of a guy in a dog costume while leeching off the star power of Elijah Wood, but the backstory is fantastic, especially as more and more bits about Wilfred's and Ryan's past keep coming out throughout the series. Easily one of my top five shows of all time.

An Idiot Abroad
Peep Show
Blackadder
IT Crowd

I love all those british shows, so good. peep show and inbetweeners are great. Idiot Abroad cracks me up too.

Wilfred kinda lost my attention though...

DanielS14
08-18-2014, 12:01 AM
battlestar galactica

anti tyler
08-21-2014, 01:54 AM
it's a shame this thread died like this, I've watched the entire 4 seasons of The League in 4 days and I have to say I'm downloading the other two seasons it's hilarious.

stevenrapids
08-21-2014, 07:30 AM
The League is one of the funniest shows. Can't wait for trailer park boys season 8 to be released. Bout to start watching house of cards with the ole lady tonight, i've heard a bunch of great reviews about that show.

Matej
11-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Generation War. Amazing trilogy set in WWII.

Felipe
11-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Good movie... Excellent story layout

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Hara-Kiri.jpg

blockedwizard
11-12-2014, 08:39 PM
The family. Di nero and family blow stuff up.

theronin
11-12-2014, 08:44 PM
I've hear Snowpiercer is supposed to be really good. Just haven't gotten around to watching it.

ManoNegra
11-17-2014, 09:21 AM
The ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries are great.
Even the ones on subjects and sports I have little interest on.
Recently watched "No Mas" on the Duran vs Sugar Ray controversial 1980 fight.

feito
11-17-2014, 01:05 PM
I've hear Snowpiercer is supposed to be really good. Just haven't gotten around to watching it.

Watched it a few nights ago, it's pretty good, never got boring.
Im currently watching Peaky Blinders, it's alright, no Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire good but it's alright.
I have also watched a few good war movies on there (my favorite kind of movies), recently Saints and Soldiers (2003 one, newer one is also good) and it was pretty good.
Dont know if it's been mentioned or even if it's still on netflix, but the series Jericho is really good.

theronin
11-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Watched it a few nights ago, it's pretty good, never got boring.
Im currently watching Peaky Blinders, it's alright, no Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire good but it's alright.
I have also watched a few good war movies on there (my favorite kind of movies), recently Saints and Soldiers (2003 one, newer one is also good) and it was pretty good.
Dont know if it's been mentioned or even if it's still on netflix, but the series Jericho is really good.
Yeah I watched it last night. Very entertaining. Interesting ending, but very brutal and thought provoking imo. For free on Netflix I'd say it's a must see.