PDA

View Full Version : Drifters announce 2004 U.S. championship

cali240sxdrifter
11-20-2003, 01:27 PM
Well it ain't no D1 event but starting next year there is going to be a 4 round event at 4 differnt tracks to setoff its first Drift Championship in the US.
Link (http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=motorsportsnews&loc_code=index&content_code=04250155)

Now I don't know, but I think that the MONEY crazed companies are going to into this at such a early stage. Also the people that have been into the big events arn't rich and less likly to sign up for the event because of cost of transporting thier car from the west and east coast and other costly items. Even if sponsored only less than 1% of the people that are really into drift are sponsored by companies.I don't know but this is just me, but I think drifting is going to be milked so dry by the end of next year.

opinions?

Dousan_PG
11-20-2003, 01:31 PM
a little late. i think it was discussed on this forum about FORMULA D

TRUENOCOUPE
11-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Its like skateboarding... When it got popular they knew that money was cashing in. So then the big boys also came in for the money but not for the sport.

This is what is happening with drifting.

I dont get your East Coast, West Coast thang.

cali240sxdrifter
11-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Oh this is the same event? Damn, haha, sorry.

well about the west and east coast thing is that the even will cover 4 tracks. One here in NorCal, one here in SoCal, and the others are being rumored in Texas and Florida. So thats what i meant of transporting cars from Socal (most drifters are here) and in NorCal to the east coast tracks and vise versa (spelling). So its gonna cost a grip for lots of people.

Yeah skateboarding is like drifting right now, but i never decided that my dream was to go to the XGames and such, same with other "the new craze" thing.

Time will tell.

SlideStar
11-20-2003, 01:45 PM
I just got "Need for Speed Underground" for PS2 and there is
a whole section for drifting! The sad part is that you can drift any
car, civic, neon, eclipes it's all the same. Drifting seems to be becoming popular in all the wrong ways... What do you guys think? If some newbie in his civic askes you to teach him about drifting, is it our duty to teach him right or try and keep drifting elite?

Dousan_PG
11-20-2003, 01:45 PM
three's only a few big big sponsored guys i know can do all them

but they are also some of the best (of many)

anyways, good luck to all
either way, it will be fun

ride the wave while you can!

Dousan_PG
11-20-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by SlideStar
I just got "Need for Speed Underground" for PS2 and there is
a whole section for drifting! The sad part is that you can drift any
car, civic, neon, eclipes it's all the same. Drifting seems to be becoming popular in all the wrong ways... What do you guys think? If some newbie in his civic askes you to teach him about drifting, is it our duty to teach him right or try and keep drifting elite?

FF cars CAN drift in the sliding sense. its pretty funny. but its not easy

anyways, drifting this dirfting that
just have fun
who cares what you are driving.
just drive and enjoy it.
no need to be elitist jerks.

tsunami0ne
11-20-2003, 01:50 PM
Does this mean there will be DriftHeaven's(or insert his real name) Pro Drifter games for PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube???!!!:cool: :coolugh: :D
That would be kinda neat though.:) Ken Gushi's Underground...

cali240sxdrifter
11-20-2003, 01:53 PM
yeah meng, tru. I think the Drift Day events are enough for the still young drifters here in the states. They just need to drop the price down just a bit. Some of us are still trying to save money for parts and a helmet :D :p

hey D, your car done yet? I wanna see!:rawk:

TRUENOCOUPE
11-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by dousan36

no need to be elitist jerks.

http://www.mx2.org/acatalog/DVD1596.jpg

Dousan_PG
11-20-2003, 01:57 PM
online jerk is different from in person hahahaha

if some FF guy asks for a ride, id be the first to open my door

the more the merrier i say!

my car is ALMOST done. very shortly. got the wheels, need to pull rear fenders, a little body work on those and then sand primer and paint

roll cage sometime enxt month i guess and then SR early 2004. hehe

its almost done..well...."done"

TRUENOCOUPE
11-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by cali240sxdrifter
Oh this is the same event? Damn, haha, sorry.

well about the west and east coast thing is that the even will cover 4 tracks. One here in NorCal, one here in SoCal, and the others are being rumored in Texas and Florida. So thats what i meant of transporting cars from Socal (most drifters are here) and in NorCal to the east coast tracks and vise versa (spelling). So its gonna cost a grip for lots of people.

Yeah skateboarding is like drifting right now, but i never decided that my dream was to go to the XGames and such, same with other "the new craze" thing.

Time will tell.

I won't even think twice of flying out of Cali for any events in the East Coast except DGtrials.com. Theres enough events around me.

SlideStar
11-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Not trying to be an elitest jerk. I'd rather people get
the right kind of information about it. Seems that the
blind are leading the blind in most cases. One kid told
me that everything he knows about drifting he learned
from Initial D, and that he could drift with his
sunfire. I'd like nothing more than for drifting to be
well respected in North America, image is everything though.

240_keyy
11-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Where is the event in Texas "rumored to be"? I was planning on driving out to Cali this summer to compete in an event or two out there, but if they are bringing Formula D to Texas I will just go to that one.

I hope it is at Texas World Speedway, that is only a 5 minute drive mrom my house :)

nokeone
11-20-2003, 02:56 PM
i can't wait!!

i'm gonna win this shit...no question..

:D

cali240sxdrifter
11-20-2003, 02:56 PM
am not sure where in Texas. Its only romors but they are certain that the two other tracks will be on the east coast. But I think you would have to sign up for all 4 events to compete at the tracks.

I'll just stick to the drift day events starting next year.

nokeone
11-20-2003, 02:57 PM
since when did Texas become East Coast?..lol..:)

cali240sxdrifter
11-20-2003, 03:02 PM
haha, yeah i was just thinking about that too.

hey nokeone we use to chat on AIM a while back, we talked about parts and stuff and you were gonna check prices for me for tension rod's, but since then I never seen you on AIM anymore. Whers my parts! haha.:D

TRUENOCOUPE
11-20-2003, 03:16 PM
^^ I didn't want to be a dick... When do you care about drifting events?

You never even go to any events.

-Dick.

neevosh
11-20-2003, 03:19 PM
It'll take time for drifting competitions to grow to the D1 level. It's all a learning process. I think Formula D is a step in the right direction. Regardless of how well it goes, there will always be local events to go to. Now that drifting has gotten it's foot in the door, it'll always be around. It may just be a passing fad to most, but the true enthusiasts will still be around. And for those saying it'll be too expensive for most people to compete, you're probably right. But keep in mind that motorsports aren't cheap. You gotta pay to play.

nokeone
11-20-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by cali240sxdrifter
haha, yeah i was just thinking about that too.

hey nokeone we use to chat on AIM a while back, we talked about parts and stuff and you were gonna check prices for me for tension rod's, but since then I never seen you on AIM anymore. Whers my parts! haha.:D

sorry...:(

i dunno why i'm not on there anymore..i mean i still am...i just don't know why i'm not when you are...weird...

but yeah..those are in the shop waiting for you..was wondering when you were gonna pay for them??!?..:rant:

j/k..

but yeah..ummm..i'm online now..lol.. "noke starr 007"

cali240sxdrifter
11-20-2003, 04:46 PM
Why should I give any reasons for not going to events if your going to say "excuses excuses" am I right? Well, since you must know my parents don't see eye to eye with me spending money on my car to just run around a track (their words), so I must work (can't find work with no cerfitcate) and go school full time (school is 30 miles away from me). So with that I can't take any risk on going to the drift event with the one only car I got to go to school without some money to fall back on. And since I put some of my money for class to get my A+ Cerfitcate (more money in the long run, good investment) I don't have enough to get decent stuff for my car. So yeah, not many of us have shops that can get parts for our cars for little or no money at all. Damn dude, you use to be all cool like a year ago or two when I use to talk to you on AIM. You could have rephrase the question a bit less harsher.
Originally posted by TRUENOCOUPE
^^ I didn't want to be a dick... When do you care about drifting events?

You never even go to any events.

-Dick.

Nokeone, haha thats really weird. Your already on my aim list, i don't know why you don't come online on my list. Well, let me know how much for the parts so I can pay pal ya the money or the next time I come back to NorCal I can come vist the shop. L8s

TRUENOCOUPE
11-20-2003, 05:18 PM
^^ Hey dude. I know you are concern about drifting. Its really too bad that you never go out their drift with us. I hope you can come out soon.

Your Friend
-Mr. Potato Head

Fixed?

Steven - Don't get all butt hurt dood. Want a vaseline for that bootay?

nokeone
11-20-2003, 05:30 PM
hahahha...ahhh yes...

love that guy..

:D

cali240sxdrifter
11-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Fixed?

Steven - Don't get all butt hurt dood. Want a vaseline for that bootay?

hahah yes please. more better i want money!

sykikchimp
11-21-2003, 10:27 AM
pretty cool that bondurant is opening a drifting school..

and yeah.. elitists only hinder progress..

aznpoopy
11-21-2003, 02:34 PM
imo... the proliferation of drift and drift events is great. sure, you have dumbass road racers and street drifters messing up the scene but thats inevitable. if i wuz a drifter, i would look foward to more events, more competition between event sponsors (better prices and better quality events), new faces to meet, more and better parts geared for drift and new ideas. i'd want to see people out there doing stuff i never thought possible. dori dori crown victoria! drift backwards while in reverse! i dunno :P. but seriously, its an exciting time for drift.

now for everyone else whos complaining its going 'mainstream' and all that. if you're only into it b/c its the new and cool thing to do, and you want to keep it all to urself; well, that sounds like a super street mentality to me.

Yuri
11-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Does this mean there will be DriftHeaven's(or insert his real name) Pro Drifter games for PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube???!!!
That would be kinda neat though. Ken Gushi's Underground...
dousan36
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol, don't forget that Benson Hsu is in Tokyo Xtreme Racer zero.. (He drives the pink widebody RPS13):D Check it out for yourself

Phoen_x_s14
11-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by impactred
Does this mean there will be DriftHeaven's(or insert his real name) Pro Drifter games for PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube???!!!
That would be kinda neat though. Ken Gushi's Underground...
dousan36
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol, don't forget that Benson Hsu is in Tokyo Xtreme Racer zero.. (He drives the pink widebody RPS13):D Check it out for yourself

Heh, too late 1 game is already out, and guess what it is............Inital D in the arcades, with the shifter on the left hand side Arcade display (http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/driving-riding_games/Initial_D_Arcade_Stage_Ver._2_2479.html) just search on google if you want to learn more. You can win points to upgrade your car, and there is a "memory card" type you can use to save your data. Plenty of cars to pick from, just about every Nissan you want to drift/grip race is on there, Sil-80, One-Via, S14, RPS13, S13, GTRs, etc.
Some pics of the "memory card"
http://home.comcast.net/~phoen_x/Picture_1.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/~phoen_x/Picture_1.jpg) http://home.comcast.net/~phoen_x/Picture_2.jpg (http://home.comcast.net/~phoen_x/Picture_2.jpg)
Haven't played it since Spring, when I started school again and got a job.

It might be coming out on playstation 2, not sure yet tho.

But whats definitly coming out on PS2, is Drift Racer: Kaido Battle. BUT ONLY IN JAPAN, for now.

Some info on Kaido (http://www.dreamstation.cc/news/video_games/id1741)

Seems like Japan video game makers know.......well somewhat know whats up with the import tuning industry. Just wish some American based companies accept more inputs from people in the import industry/community, not what some guy that just came out the theatres watching 2F2F. Uh ahem...EA...*cough* Huy....

NZO
11-27-2003, 01:04 AM
ID arcade is old and Kaido battle will be out in the US soon.

Zenki_S14
11-27-2003, 01:15 AM
sorry to burst your bubble, but Kaido Battle is cancelled for the release in the U.S. :wtc: More details here, http://cars.ign.com/articles/441/441589p1.html?fromint=1

Phoen_x_s14
11-27-2003, 01:35 AM
ok, aside from not being able to sleep and my head ringing. Its not coming to the US shore, does that mean the game has stop production in Japan? Or its coming out for Japan just not for us?......hell I'm gettin my ps2 modded, so I can just boot leg whateva when I get a dvd writer, and I'll be able to play any region dvd's and games. Err....hope its still in production in Japan. Guess I gotta go get some advil.....

Zenki_S14
11-27-2003, 09:54 PM
It was released in Japan about 6 months ago. Hope you can read Japanese. :D

Phoen_x_s14
11-27-2003, 10:19 PM
I'm taking classes on it...but damm so many freaking symbols to remember errrr.........reading it's one thing....speaking it is another....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yuri
11-30-2003, 08:03 PM
I was wanting Kaido Battle.. It was supposed to come out on Feb 4... I almost had it reserved too.:(