PDA

View Full Version : Bedbugs!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

enkei2k
08-23-2011, 08:37 AM
:rl:

So I just found out a few days ago I think I got them. I'm currently looking for cheap (go figure Zilvia) alternatives to get rid of them. So far, the only option I have is to burn (clean a million times over/bleach/dry clean) all my clothes, blankets pillows, everything that has been in contact with my mattress and possibly, my room. My girlfriend said just to RAID and go ape shit and spray 2-3 cans worth in my room, but I don't think that's a good idea lol.

I know they make those bed covers and I might get one, but for a full size mattress, they run over $70 bucks here.

Sooooooo any ideas would be welcome!

Killa_D
08-23-2011, 08:43 AM
well it doesn't matter if you clean and bleach a million times they will still come back. The only solution i think its heat theres a company that will heat up ur house to extreme temperatures thats the only solution i saw on the discovery channel lol. Or just move somewhere else and buy all new shit.

mewantkouki
08-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Stop bringing homeless people in your house or take a shower in bleach after you roll around in the dirt? :eek: That kinda sucks though. I think boric acid will kill them though. It should dissolve their exoskeletons.

Daniel.
08-23-2011, 08:47 AM
well it doesn't matter if you clean and bleach a million times they will still come back. The only solution i think its heat theres a company that will heat up ur house to extreme temperatures thats the only solution i saw on the discovery channel lol. Or just move somewhere else and buy all new shit.

This. Heat is the only sure treatment.

Don't throw your clothes, furniture or other personal items out. It's a waste of time.

Future240
08-23-2011, 09:04 AM
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs (http://www.howto-getridofbedbugs.com/)
http://m.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Bed-Bugs-better article IMO

Good luck with that.

enkei2k
08-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the links/tips.

I was always under the impression that they liked body heat and CO2, didn't realize that extreme heat will kill them off. Too bad summer is over and I missed the extreme heat temps by a few months.

I've already vacuumed the mattress, albeit halfassed to try and get rid of some. I will try that spraying rubbing alcohol to kill on contact and silica gel. That seems fun/cheap. Thanks for that second link :)

driftsilvias13
08-23-2011, 09:54 AM
http://www.pestsupplycenter.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/c/0/c0256a.jpg

I have a bottle of this stuff so whenever I come back from trips I spray down my luggage and stuff with this spray. Smells like Cinnamon gum.

SimpleS14
08-23-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm guessing you got them from a recent vacation? Just wondering, as I have not run into them before.

aziankingz
08-23-2011, 12:10 PM
did you buy anything from craigslist?

blueshark123
08-23-2011, 12:15 PM
I here certain offices in nyc have bed bugs. I know the met life had bugs in it

Teddy
08-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Holy shit man. I got them in Detroit. They are a fucking nightmare. Seriously.

The bed bug bombs in a can don't do shit. Don't even waste your money on those, or the spray bottles.

First thing is first. Take all of your clothes to a laundromat. Wash them all, and then dry them for like 2-3 hours. The heat will kill most of them. Only problem is that the heat won't necessarily kill the the larva, so bag up all of your clothes and bring them back in a few days.

Once your clothes are bagged, keep them away from the infested area. Bed bugs don't only live in/on your bed, they go into the carpet and the walls too.

The reason your clothes need to stay bagged and away is to keep from spreading them to somebody else. Always check your clothes before you put them on.

Unfortunately bud, the only way to get them out of the house is to heat treat, which is fucking expensive (around $1500 a room if I remember correctly) but I wouldn't wait on it because they multiply fast and then it's an even bigger bitch.

I'm not trying to scare you, I just want you to understand how serious it is.

Never ever EVER EVER buy a used bed or used bedding from anyone anywhere. Even furniture for that matter.

I had bed bugs for about 3 months. You can ask me anything you need to know, lol, I became a fucking expert on these little shits.

blueshark123
08-23-2011, 12:24 PM
I always thought they had to be frozen not heated to kill

MikeisNissan
08-23-2011, 12:24 PM
bed bugs diatomaceous earth (http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7ls.8FNOLU8AFNJXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701&p=bed+bugs+diatomaceous+earth&SpellState=&fr2=sp-top)

dsastr_clan
08-23-2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.pestsupplycenter.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/c/0/c0256a.jpg

I have a bottle of this stuff so whenever I come back from trips I spray down my luggage and stuff with this spray. Smells like Cinnamon gum.

where did u get that?

enkei2k
08-23-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm guessing you got them from a recent vacation? Just wondering, as I have not run into them before.

Nope did not go on vacation. I think I may have received them by sitting on an infected bed, but I don't know.

did you buy anything from craigslist?

Nope, did not buy anything from anywhere recently. Although, my girlfriend did buy me a hoodie last month from I don't know where. I just threw it aside and left it there instead of washing it. Maybe that's where they originated from? Possibly now that I think about it.

fckillerbee
08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
what is the temperature that bed bugs start dying at?

just buy a few heaters, and leave them on all day. Should get pretty hot in there. lol

edit: Temperatures above 113-115°F kill all bed bug stages.

get some heaters!

WanganRunner
08-23-2011, 02:41 PM
These things sound like nightmares.

I had no idea they were so hard to get rid of.

driftsilvias13
08-23-2011, 02:48 PM
where did u get that?

I think at target or wal mart. I just use it as a safety precaution. Ive never gotten bed bugs nor do I ever want to.

When you travel, you just never know. Better to be safe than sorry.

Killa_D
08-23-2011, 03:01 PM
you need to watch that discovery documentary i did shit was crazy.

dsastr_clan
08-23-2011, 03:28 PM
what is the temperature that bed bugs start dying at?

just buy a few heaters, and leave them on all day. Should get pretty hot in there. lol

edit: Temperatures above 113-115°F kill all bed bug stages.

get some heaters!

he needs to do the whole house at once so that would be a bunch of heaters, becareful dont leave them unattended they may start a fire

HyperTek
08-23-2011, 03:49 PM
this whole thread is making me itch lol.. actually I got a skin rash from being in the sun then reaction to a detergent tshirt or something and my mom brought up scabbies but it is not.

Dam i cant imagine having bed bugs. My room gets pretty hot because the house doesnt have central heating.. Perhaps you can use a room heater and heat it up during the day and just stay out of there while the weather is still warm.

HyperTek
08-23-2011, 03:59 PM
you could probably take every single thing out of the room, and inspect everything and go from there

240Shwag
08-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Remove everything from the room, clean.
Remove all moldings, they hide behind there.
Torpedo heater.
Done.
Next room.

nevertheless
08-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Go to your local walgreens/pharmacy. They have a spray for bedbugs.

Jose1
08-23-2011, 06:41 PM
:rl:

So I just found out a few days ago I think I got them. I'm currently looking for cheap (go figure Zilvia) alternatives to get rid of them. So far, the only option I have is to burn (clean a million times over/bleach/dry clean) all my clothes, blankets pillows, everything that has been in contact with my mattress and possibly, my room. My girlfriend said just to RAID and go ape shit and spray 2-3 cans worth in my room, but I don't think that's a good idea lol.

I know they make those bed covers and I might get one, but for a full size mattress, they run over $70 bucks here.

Sooooooo any ideas would be welcome!

no

basically you have to toss everything out pull the carpet up and buy a case of lysol spray and just lysol the crap out of the house and just bascialy just short of ripping the carpet out.

and it will involve cleaning everything out of the house and finally any couch and mattress has to go, dont use any chem's like raid can get seriously sick from that stuff.

eddlc06
08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
just buy a new mattress set, because they are deep in your mattress by now. and get a mattress protector, im sure they have a company out there called protect-a-bed, they make some good ones.

DrtyRat
08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I had a cust of mine tell me about his house being infested with them. He mentioned the rest easy shown above( I have a bottle too) and told me the only way to get rid of them is to tent your home, but through research he found a fogged machine on-line that ran him a few hundred bucks for the machine and the chemicals. It was a much better alternative to the 2k the tent was going to cost him. Good luck-you r going to need it

Tantwoforty
08-23-2011, 09:19 PM
OMFG i deal with this..

enkei2k
08-23-2011, 10:15 PM
thanks for the tips, all of them are great ideas. :bowdown:

lysol huh? i never thought about that. i read that alcohol kills them on contact so i just went to town with a bottle of alcohol and sprayed my entire bed. hopefully it'll work. also read that silica gel starves them, so i'm going to start tossing them around too if I can find some.

those heater ideas are wonderful, but too expensive for me. I know the seriousness of this situation and thanks for the heads up Teddy. Again, I'd call the professionals but it's just way too expensive. I'll call for some quotes tomorrow, hopefully they won't be as much as you quoted. If it was $1500 for the entire house, then maybe it'd be worth it, but per room? holy crap.

I just ordered the mattress cover, so hopefully that'll hold them back for a bit. the sucky thing is, it'll take 5-10 business days to arrive :goyou:

Sideways570sx
08-23-2011, 10:27 PM
dang you guys are opening up my eyes to something i never even thought about. reminds me of my Barracks days in the military in norfolk virginia and basically any navy barracks haha.. i used to wake up with all kinds of bed buy bites on my legs...shit was insane, i cant imagine having those in my own home...id want to move out and start all over with new everything lol

DS562
08-23-2011, 10:37 PM
have you been bitten? if you havent gotten chewed up, you probably dont have them. but precautions are cool

anton1o
08-23-2011, 11:25 PM
You could always become friends with that guy who has spiders in his house..

enkei2k
08-24-2011, 07:15 AM
have you been bitten? if you havent gotten chewed up, you probably dont have them. but precautions are cool

Yea, I got bit on both legs, thighs all the way up to lower back now, hence this thread. I haven't seen any yet though and I've thoroughly checked my mattress. Oh well. looks like I'll be steam cleaning the mattress this weekend.

You could always become friends with that guy who has spiders in his house..

haha good idea. too bad i'm scared shitless of those huge ass spiders.

WanganRunner
08-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Honestly, if you just rent an apartment, unless you're super attached to it, I'd just GTFO of there.

Bring as little with you as possible.

I can't imagine this happening in my house, I'd want to burn it down. $1500/room would pretty much clear me out.

4DOOR_LIFE
08-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Ohhhh man this just reminded me when i had them last year. it was only a one time incident. woke up and had bites all over my legs. instantly took a shower, and did some quick research. stripped both my futons and washed all of my sheets and bed covers. set the dryer temperature to high and ran several cycles. also did a thorough inspection of both matresses and vacuumed the shit out of them. cleaned my entire room, and havent had an incident since. *knock on wood*

fuck reading through this thread made me itchy.

KiLLeR2001
08-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Sounds like you need to get a cat. Even if a small ass ant enters my room my cat will spot it out from a mile away.

fckillerbee
08-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Sounds like you need to get a cat. Even if a small ass ant enters my room my cat will spot it out from a mile away.

that's cool that your cat can see an ant. but this dudes has bugs. He doesn't need a cat to tell him that. He needs to get rid of it.

Does your cat kill bed bugs?

KiLLeR2001
08-24-2011, 06:17 PM
My cat kills all bugs, she'll eat them too (if they are tasty). Apparently you don't know cats, they can kill squirrels and rabbits as well.

240sxvaj
08-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Step 1: Eat alot of asparagus
Step 2: Wait an hour or 2
Step 3: Pee on everything in your room and let the magic work
If all else fails, pour rubbing alcohol everywhere in your house while smoking.

Man starts fire trying to kill bedbugs - UPI.com (http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/01/24/Man-starts-fire-trying-to-kill-bedbugs/UPI-78851295900278/)

Family Home Burns After Bed Bug Treatment - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati (http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Family-Home-Burns-After-Bed-Bug-Treatment/PwdOBPHJ6UiXe3aP1brLxw.cspx)

Hahahaha! J/K Dont try this.

Make sure you kill them all!!!!!!!!

WanganRunner
08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
My cat kills all bugs, she'll eat them too (if they are tasty). Apparently you don't know cats, they can kill squirrels and rabbits as well.

:picardfp:

brudacille
08-24-2011, 08:18 PM
lmfao... this thread cracks me up! I'd be really pissed off about it though... I'd gtfo asap

Teddy
08-25-2011, 01:13 AM
Honestly, if you just rent an apartment, unless you're super attached to it, I'd just GTFO of there.

Bring as little with you as possible.

Moving is a possibility but you need to be EXTREMELY cautious about everything before you bring it to the new place. I got rid of my bedbugs when I moved back home from my infested place in Detroit by emptying the house, taking everything including shoes to the laundromat and washing/drying them, putting them straight into trash bags which went into my luggage. When I got home, I pulled the clothes out of the luggage and straight back into the laundromat in the dryer for like 5 hours before bringing them home. And guess what? A few weeks later I STILL found a bedbug hiding under my mattress! Ahhh!!!

Thankfully now the nightmare is over for me, though. 4 months was enough.

BLACK2FAWTY
08-25-2011, 02:24 AM
I have a bottle of Demand CS I'll sell you. I used to do pest control. LOL. Demand CS is the shit.

enkei2k
08-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Thanks again for the advice Teddy, I think that's what I'll be doing this weekend.

I did the little science experiment with the dry ice and baby powder to see if there are any bed bugs in my room, but I didn't see any. Regardless I'm not taking any chances. I bleached my mattress again.

I slept in the basement last night and it was fine. Yea, I know I might spread them, but I MADE sure that I was fresh out of the shower, with newly dryer-ed clothes on. I have a feeling that the bugs are on my clothes and not mattress because during the day, I do feel these itchy sensations all over, but when I'm home, after showering and putting on new clothes, I'm fine.

Teddy
08-25-2011, 12:19 PM
You're probably feeling itching from paranoia. That's how I was. lol.

Do you have carpeting? If you do, look closely into it. They can be hard to see when they're young because they're tiny and clear.

Also look at your pillow, pillow case in the creases and where it's folded over. They could also be anywhere on your wall, but you overlook them because they just look like a spec of dust or something.

Just to make sure, what do your bites look like? Are they like little red bumps and all of them are in like a single file line?