PDA

View Full Version : STAY AWAY guitargod240

sr20sean
08-16-2011, 11:10 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/members/guitargod240.html
His name is Matt Benjamin. I sold him a set of wheels back in may(searching for date in text/im/chat history) for $150, which i agreed to let him pay me for little by little. The only money I have received for them was $50 which he gave me on August 6th. Now he is refusing to pay the remaining $100 because "we aren't friends anymore" because I'm dating his ex. Something will be worked out even if it has to be through small claims.

Just watch out when selling to him. I know he's bought over $150 in parts for his car and other random stuff in place of paying me back.(concert tickets, steering rack, power steering lines, battery relocation kit, and more) so the money isn't an issue it's just that he doesn't seem to care he has a rising debt for several months now and would rather spend owed money on himself instead of paying the people back who the money belongs to. Would leave negative feedback if I could but the transaction was through another forum and over facebook mainly so I don't have a thread URL.

drift freaq
08-16-2011, 11:41 AM
small claims court for you. The problem here is you agreed to let him make payments.

sr20sean
08-16-2011, 12:02 PM
small claims court for you. The problem here is you agreed to let him make payments.

Yea I know that's my only issue I can see in small claims. Well it was up until these few texts which I think would make things go for my side

I sent:
"You are aware I am getting my money one way or another right?"(in reference to an earlier text saying I would rather deal with this in a civil manner than have to go through court)

He replied(it gives me a headache trying to read this too):
"No ur not. Do wat u gotta do idc. U werenr ever ginna pay me cus I didn't wanna tty. Now since I was nice to u. Ur beijg a dick and threatenijg me so no."

I have no idea where the hell me paying him came from any of this since he is the one that owes me money and I've never bought anything off him.

But now that I have him on record saying that he will not pay me I'm pretty solid on the outcome of the case.

keistyle
08-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Show up at his house, with $50, and get your shit back. If he wants to get crazy, call the cops. You won't get fined for that... I don't believe....

USA

sr20sean
08-16-2011, 06:56 PM
im considering just giving him the 50 and saying give me my shit back but then i have to sell them again lol

and no to your other idea

Sileighty_85
08-16-2011, 07:07 PM
im considering just giving him the 50 and saying give me my shit back but then i have to sell them again lol

and no to your other idea

If they are on the car, Jack them and leave the $50 bucks on his windshield
haha

Sideways570sx
08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
oh you could just chalk that one up as a loss..its a hundred bucks bro come on...ive been snaked for 9000 dollars before....the facial thing sounds like a good idea though ahha

sr20sean
08-16-2011, 08:25 PM
If they are on the car, Jack them and leave the $50 bucks on his windshield
haha
hahahaha his car isnt running/driving
i doubt it ever will be on the road...

codyace
08-16-2011, 09:31 PM
hahahaha his car isnt running/driving
i doubt it ever will be on the road...

Chalk it up to experience and eat the loss. Unless he's a good friend, accepting (or even anticipating) payment after you give someone the goods outside of a legal binding contract is silly IMO.

Sucks, but to me going to small claims, taking the day off work, spending fees etc etc isn't worth it for 100 freakin bucks. You could work a weeknight or 2 doing temp work and make that much.

sr20sean
08-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Chalk it up to experience and eat the loss. Unless he's a good friend, accepting (or even anticipating) payment after you give someone the goods outside of a legal binding contract is silly IMO.

Sucks, but to me going to small claims, taking the day off work, spending fees etc etc isn't worth it for 100 freakin bucks. You could work a weeknight or 2 doing temp work and make that much.

yea im going to have to just chalk it out. either way he's a piece of shit

circuit sport motor mounts, a steering rack, s14 inner tie rods moog outer tie rods.... pretty sure just the moog outer tie rods are more expensive than the 100 he owes me...
he just posted this on another forum:
got alot done tonight! new mounts in. rack in. lines hooked up and fluids in. let run for about 10-15 mins. sounds good pretty liud (shitty exhaust lol) gotta tighten mounts and do some other shit so be busy tomoro and thursday and most likely will be on the road by friday :) we will see tho. i could not be this far without steves help he did alot of shit today and wanna say thank you very much! :) ordered s14 inner and outter moog tie rods for both sides and gonna get aligned asap. update more later when i can.

NissanEnthus
08-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Going to small claims is cheap and easy, collecting is the hard part unless you know where his bank is or bank account number.

sr20sean
08-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Going to small claims is cheap and easy, collecting is the hard part unless you know where his bank is or bank account number.

i have law enforcement in my family. several different parts of my family actually lol collection wouldnt be an issue.

s14j
08-19-2011, 02:59 AM
if you have family in law enforcement why dont you use that?

know on his door with ur law enforcement fam and be like give me the 100 or take ur 50 and give me my shyat. yo.
hes 20 it says right? im sure hes gonna be crapping his pants.

imcunner
08-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Fuck him up. Take your $100 and take back what you sold him and call it a day.