PDA

View Full Version : Rally of Great Britain photos

driftstyre
11-13-2003, 10:55 PM
I have posted some of my photos from the rally of great britain. If you're interested, check them out at www.werksrally.com

http://www.werksrally.com/wales_gb_03/teuronen_web.jpg
http://www.werksrally.com/wales_gb_03/solberg_web.jpg

DRFT
11-13-2003, 11:16 PM
nice pics but this belongs in OT

driftstyre
11-13-2003, 11:31 PM
How can I move it over?

s14falcon
11-14-2003, 08:50 AM
Nice pics man, thats so cool. I wish I could go to see a professional rally race. By the way, I missed the first 45 minutes or so of GB, can somebody tell me what happened to Maarko Martin? Thanks.

adey
11-14-2003, 04:52 PM
oh wow, that is some *excellent* photography!
Good stuff!

nocomedown
11-14-2003, 06:12 PM
thats awesome man. im so jealous..i love WRC.
especially love the pic of Petter's subie.

driftstyre
11-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Martin was overheating and had no way to get any water for the engine. He made it back to service but when he left service the car stalled and wouldn't restart.
In regards to attending a WRC event, If you can save about $1000 you can pretty much go to any european event. GB is really the most expensive but the tarmac and scandinavian events are pretty reasonable. I'd like to get to Japan next year as it is the first year they are in the WRC. The plane ticket alone will be close to $1000 but I have been wanting to go to Japan since I can remember and if I can get someone to pay my way for the rally it would be sweet:D

s14falcon
11-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks driftstyre, that was really bugging me. Damned focus, so many mechanical problems this season. Oh well, always next year to look forward to.

nocomedown
11-15-2003, 03:25 PM
if you guys really want to go to a WRC event, theyre having an rally in Mexico next year. i think its sometimes towards the start of the season, and i imagine itd be a lot cheaper as far as commuting.

driftstyre
11-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Mexico is in march and the kid I used to co-drive for (also my best friend) is competing in Grp N for Subaru of America, so I am definately going. My friend went last year to photograph and he said it was really cheap once you got there. The event is sponsored by Corona also:D

Chernobyl
11-16-2003, 01:52 AM
There is also Pikes's Peak Hillclimb for us midwestern/front range losers.... Not quite WRC though, I'd kill to go to a WRC race. Then again, it's one of those sports that's a lot better on TV than in real life.

driftstyre
11-16-2003, 08:01 AM
Watching a rally live is completely different than watching it from your couch (more so than any other sport I can think of or have experienced). Pikes Peak will be really good this next year but Mitsubishi has just pulled their US rally program so who knows what Subaru will do if there is no competition. Mitsubishi is returning to WRC though, which should be good.

No Motiv
11-19-2003, 07:18 AM
rally is awesome. Nice pics. I wanna try to rally, maybe not i already have no money left, i think im gonna go watch the speed chanel and hope they are skipping over all that shit and showing some rally, which they do....rarely

:bash: I hate that chanel