PDA

View Full Version : few questions

icer
01-30-2002, 04:34 PM
okay here i go

1. How can I tell if I got abs?
2. Is there a way to keep my sunroof from slamming own on every little bump?
3. Does Nissan make like a padded carrying case for the removable sunroof?
4. Were can i get interior screws (center console, door panel)?
5. Were can i get some custom fit floor mats.

Sorry bout all the questions but the people at the nissan dealership near me are assholes. And it seems none of the performance shops near me have anything for 240's.

Thanks

Nismos14
01-30-2002, 04:37 PM
i can answer question one does the abs light come on when u start up the car? if so then u have it if not .... try slamming u breaks hard and dont let up see if it releases just a bit on its own and when u look at the skid marks look for  __ _ _ _ _   instead of _______

icer
01-30-2002, 04:44 PM
alright just went out and checked and i don't have abs thanks, anyone else able to answer some questions?

yenpit
01-30-2002, 04:53 PM
4. OE screws dealer only, but a good hardware store will carry black anodized, self tapping, phillips head screws.
5. Lloyd Mats....very nice quality, custom lettered, bindings in diff colors too! www.lloydmats.com

gfisch
01-30-2002, 04:54 PM
Get custom floormats from:
www.autoanything.com
They custom fit them and embroider logos/initials in them for you.

Greg

240 2NR
01-30-2002, 05:26 PM
3)  The removable sunroof comes with a carry case, as well as the headliner.  Do you have this?  Mine was given to me by the person I purchased the car from.  It however is not padded.  It doesn't really need to be though IMO.  Do you have the straps in the trunk to lash it down with as well?

4) As for it slamming down over every bump, thats gonna be your problem to solve.  Mine is very solid when its open so I have never looked too closely at its operation.  I would either stop driving over bumps, or take a good look at why it isn't staying open and replace or shim the appropriate parts.  I have no idea what OEM parts would cost to replace on the latch.  

icer
01-30-2002, 07:36 PM
thanks for the links guys, as for the sunroof i'm just gonna stop flipping it up. i do hav the head liner for it and is that what those straps are for? if so then i'll just tie it down, because i don't believe in Air Coniditioning.

my240likenoother
01-30-2002, 08:37 PM
stoping it from rateling is not that bad
just drill out the pin where it is loose and replace it with a 3" bolt with a nut make shure the dril bit is the exactly the same size is the bolt you use or it will rattle just like before

bing
01-30-2002, 08:51 PM
flex your stomach and if you cant count 6 little boxey things also known as a "6-pack"

then you got abs my friend