PDA

View Full Version : Californians! In-N-Out : secret menu

RoNiN240sx
11-13-2003, 03:39 PM
well as if us californians weren't spoiled enough with all the drift events and car showoffs, we also got the best burger chain in America: In-N-Out burgers! if you've had some you know what i'm talking about, if not, well you're missing out. Anyways, most of you who frequent the place should know there's plenty of styles you can order that are not on the menu, i've found a good list of them, anybody else have anymore to add?

"Animal Style" - bun is grilled with mustard, sauteed onions instead of raw, pickles, extra "special sauce" - [this can also be applied to fries (Note: I recently tried this on fries, but don't personally recommend it / Nov. 2, 2003)]
"Wish Burger" - no meat, i.e. veggie burger

"Protein Style" - lettuce wrapped around the burger instead of a bun for all of you who are in "The Zone"

"Old Fashioned Style" - ketchup and mustard instead of the weird special sauce

"Flying Dutchman" - two meat patties with two slices of cheese. that's it.

"Double Meat" - Double Double without cheese

"4x4" - 4 meat patties with 4 slices of cheese. Are you SURE you can eat that?

"2x4" - 2 meat patties with 4 slices of cheese for the fromage afficionado

"Grilled Cheese" - cheeseburger, sans meat

"Fries - well done" - get your fries extra crispy and brown the way you like them!

"Choco-Vanilla Swirl Shake" - just what it sounds like

"Neopolitan Shake" - a blend of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry shakes.

there's also "Animal Fries" which i discovered a few months ago, which are basically fries with cheese, special sauce, and grilled onions on top, mm mm mmmmm...

SilviaNinja240
11-13-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm sure some of you already know this, but for the people who don't:
In n' Out is actully owned by a Christian organization, and if you look closely at the bottom off the drinks they give you. There will be daily bible quotes (John 3.16, or something like that). So supporting In n' Out is also supporting the church, lol

Got Sileighty?
11-13-2003, 04:08 PM
ninja, youre just a devil's advocate huh? (pun intended) :D

protein style looks so nasty, when i worked for my aunt she sent me to in-n-out a couple times for lunch and thats what she would get. by the time i got back to the office, they were always dripping with soggy goodness ewwww. i say if youre on some type of diet, why get a burger?? and dont even get me started on the whole atkins crap hahaha.

anyway, im planning to get a double double animal style next time. :D

Heartwork
11-13-2003, 05:22 PM
those are just a "sample" of their secret menu....

i have a friend who is actually a manager at one, and if u really wanna piss them off, order a Protein Burger with no meat, just cheese and cut it in halves :D

u can have combinations of their secret menus to create tons more...

the reason why they arent on the regular menu is because they want to keep the menu as close as possible when In N Out opened

RoNiN240sx
11-13-2003, 05:28 PM
haha i know, my girlfriend gets that protein style all the time, she says it helps her "zone" diet, the no carb diet. whatever, i'll take a double double animal style thank you very much.

Flybert
11-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Who doesn't get their burger animal style? My friend got one protein style for fun and it's just not cool A hamburger just isn't a hamburger without a bun.

Wei240
11-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Heartwork
those are just a "sample" of their secret menu....

i have a friend who is actually a manager at one, and if u really wanna piss them off, order a Protein Burger with no meat, just cheese and cut it in halves :D

hahahahaha protein burger with no meat = veggie only, what a waste..

kazuo
11-13-2003, 08:48 PM
I know people who've eaten 4x4's. It can be done. There are bigger ones believe it or not.

Also IIRC they are owned by Mormons, not Christians... but they're all the same to me. ;P

Protein style rocks, trick your friend into getting it for fun :)

Bliss
11-13-2003, 09:35 PM
ive actually seen a website of a guy eating a 14x14. someone needs to find its, its soooo nasty.

s15dude
11-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Believe it or not, I have a friend who ordered a 20x20, it took an extra 20 mins, cost almost $40 but his friend was working there at the time and he wanted to make him work his ass off as a joke. This guy has been known to eat 3 california burritos at a time, just crazy. anyways, it was nuts.

Got Sileighty?
11-14-2003, 04:57 PM
ive had 5x5 before, no big deal. i WILL do 8x8 one day :D

ca18guy
11-14-2003, 05:22 PM
In-N-Out is privately owned by a single family that has no plans of franchising or making the company public, I remember that much from watching the History channel :o

Heres the simple truth behind the bible thing...
http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/inandout.asp

hondaguy
11-16-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by SilviaNinja240
I'm sure some of you already know this, but for the people who don't:
In n' Out is actully owned by a Christian organization, and if you look closely at the bottom off the drinks they give you. There will be daily bible quotes (John 3.16, or something like that). So supporting In n' Out is also supporting the church, lol

so does that mean i can just buy in-n-out burger,instead of goin to church?forgive me father

OptionZero
11-16-2003, 11:58 PM
I've tried to order Old Fashioned style twice already at my local In n Out, and they didn't know what the heck i was talkin about! Are you guys sure thats legit?

kazuo
11-17-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by OptionZero
I've tried to order Old Fashioned style twice already at my local In n Out, and they didn't know what the heck i was talkin about! Are you guys sure thats legit?

Which ones did you hit up? Some will do certain selections, some will not. I have yet to try the old fashioned style. :(

OptionZero
11-17-2003, 06:36 PM
the Davis one. The cashiers have never even heard of it.

Sniper-X
11-17-2003, 07:27 PM
I've taken down their 4X4. Nooooooooo problem. good stuff I tell you. I miss eating in-n-out burgers. We need one of those in Hawaii.

Heartwork
11-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by OptionZero

well, then the cashier's are idiots because there are buttons on the register that shows up the secret menu stuff

Yuri
11-24-2003, 09:56 PM
I lived in Seal Beach this summer, and being from the Midwest, I was a little cautious about In-n-out, with all the double entandres and all. Well, I finally tried it, and after about 100 double doubles and one Cartune-built Sileighty later, It was time for me to return to the midwest to finish college. Well, my car is happy because it can drink 94 octane, a lot nicer than that stuff in CA, but I'm without In-n-out, and there has only been one drift competition:wtc: (but I got second:D ) So just so you guys know, you really have it good with your In-n-outs, and I want a double double with animal fries.......:bash:

WilloW
11-24-2003, 10:38 PM
After reading this post I ordered "animal fries", it was the greatest fries ever. Thanks!

kazuo
11-25-2003, 12:45 PM
I got the burger w/ ketchup and mustard at DC In-n-Out. At first it seemed like they didnt know WTF I was talking about but I told them I wanted ketchup & mustard instead of thousand island or whatever and they were like OOOOHHHH. :P

heh. tasted good.

S14TiNMAN
11-26-2003, 02:32 PM
can i just get a number 1? haha...:coolugh:

masta
11-26-2003, 10:29 PM
Kinda sad because their pride in not having refridgerators can be their downfall because I know of a lot of people who got sick from the meat because it was outside for too long.

Still good stuff in any case, I just wished the lines were not so darn long. The drive thru's are rediculous to where they will have workers go outside, walk up to their cars and take the order there.

RoNiN240sx: So do you like the Animal Fries or not? :confused: I just do not like how long it takes for them to make them.

As many people have mentioned there is:

"XxY" - X meats and Y cheeses. I used X and Y because you do not have to have the same amount of meat and cheese (ie. you can have a 4x2, 2x4, etc.)

Biggest I have personally is an 8x8, after that it gets real expensive and greasy.

Favorite combo:

Two Cheeseburgers: One Animal, One Normal
Animal Fries (no onions)
Medium Drink

Mmmmmm.... I think I know what to eat tonight. :drool:

Phoen_x_s14
11-26-2003, 10:59 PM
:wtc: Georgia doesn't get any of what yall get on the west coast...........Guess I gotta stick to the Waffle houses.... that are..........lesser then 1 mile aprt from each other.

ewok
11-27-2003, 02:00 PM
god i love socal drifting and in n out!!!!! we need to get a meet going around here. go meet at in n out then go out and do whatever!