PDA

View Full Version : i'm getting old, and my body is starting to do stupid shit.

BustedS13
07-30-2011, 06:38 PM
i just shaved a hair off the bridge of my nose. a little black hair growing on the outside of my fucking nose. THE FUCK MAN.

anybody else finding new stupid shit to take care of?

DJPimpFlex
07-30-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm a hairy ass muthafucka to begin with. Sounds like what I was dealing with at 13.

simmode1
07-30-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm frequently having to shave INSIDE my frikken nose now, otherwise I always feel like I'm gonna sneeze or look like I'm picking my nose when I'm just scratching a nose itch. WTF man.

upsdude
07-30-2011, 07:09 PM
longer nose hair for me. it's really annoying because it feels like i've got a loose booger so i'm constantly scratching my nose and sniffling. i look like a damn coke addict

my knees and back are starting to hurt more often from all the driving and delivering :(

Naughty240
07-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Back pain and nose hair suck for me too. I am also getting a beer belly. FML

KiLLeR2001
07-30-2011, 08:27 PM
old farts!!!

ronmcdon
07-30-2011, 11:07 PM
http://www.baronbob.com/fingertrim.jpg

trimmers work well

overgrown nose (or lord forbid, ear) hairs are just annoying, and serve no purpose.
makes no sense that men lose hair on their heads but gain it in the most unnecessary areas.
the human body has it's priorities mixed up here.

my least favorite is hair loss (been taking meds since 21),
psoriasis (more meds).
injuries from exercise, particularly back pains are a pita.
arthritis in my knuckle from hurting it in a fight 8 yrs back.
my back has a lot of problems, i look forward to arthritis.
less energy.
smaller appetite
can't drink as much.
ears very sensitive to sharp noises (prob hearing damage)

chuki.s13.coupe.
07-30-2011, 11:15 PM
A few years back my balls dropped and my voice got deeper! WTF ?

theicecreamdan
07-30-2011, 11:22 PM
shoulders started getting sore all the time on my 26th birthday

Prime
07-31-2011, 03:11 AM
I've had a neck injury for the last 10 years which has only recently gone from regular stiffness to outright pain. Seems like 26 is a fucked up age for a lot of people.

Agamemnon
07-31-2011, 03:55 AM
Super long ear and nose hair.

Also, I was diagnosed on Monday with Gout from drinking too much and consuming too much seafood. Fuck me.

EDIT: I also dont like kids on my lawn and the kids these days play their hip hop music too loud.

hulkster_s13
07-31-2011, 05:59 AM
all that bailing and hard landings and sprains from skateboarding gaps.ramps and stairs is catching up to me now. i skated for 10-12 yrs, every joint in my body aches. getting up in the morning is hard now because im so sore. and i got longer nose hair that i have to trim every couple days. and i drive the speed limit.

Silviaracer1988
07-31-2011, 06:49 AM
i shaved my face a few months ago and did the same thing i always do. now i have a semi bald patch that wont grow all the way and the little hair that is there is coming up white. i have no idea how to fix it

Daniel.
07-31-2011, 09:56 AM
It's so much harder to stay in good shape. I find that I actually have to focus on a shit ton of cardio to burn off the calories I consume.

I used to just eat whatever I wanted up till a few years ago...

w0nderbr3ad
07-31-2011, 10:25 AM
I have back pains working on my car and its taking me a lot longer to get up from bed. Exercise is a lot harder and feels like I'm trying to drag dead weight all over. Yes long nose hairs are a pain.

tricky_ab
07-31-2011, 10:27 AM
My knees are starting to bother me a lot more now. After soccer matches, I find that I have to ice them down. And when I take hard fouls, I can feel the pain throughout the week (I'm not going to mentioned anything about my slow recovery time).

I don't get to ride a lot of my fav spots (BMX) because my wrists are acting up. I rarely do gaps and when I do, I'll feel it for a while.

Getting old sucks...

simmode1
07-31-2011, 11:22 AM
and the little hair that is there is coming up white.
Oh yeah... and I got a few white hairs in my beard now. I'm too young for this shit.

And I agree with you guys... It is getting harder to stay in shape. I've gained like 5 lbs in the last 5 months. FML.

Matador
07-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Finding random white hairs. Not that gray shit, but straight up white.

Silviaracer1988
07-31-2011, 11:56 AM
i feel like my dad now, he started getting white hair when he was like 25 and blamed it on me lol. i'm 23 and i have to blame it on my girlfriend lol. it just sucks cause it completely screwed up my beard. i'll post a picture of the FAIL

Silviaracer1988
07-31-2011, 12:02 PM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc10/Promoore/robface.jpg

Daniel.
07-31-2011, 12:16 PM
I just see a bunch of blurry short brown hair.

KiLLeR2001
07-31-2011, 12:17 PM
I think he's talking about the AIDS on his neck.

Silviaracer1988
07-31-2011, 12:19 PM
if you look where my chin is atm you can see a patch there. its hard to see in the picture but it patch has white hair

yokotas13
07-31-2011, 12:46 PM
longer nose hair for me. it's really annoying because it feels like i've got a loose booger so i'm constantly scratching my nose and sniffling. i look like a damn coke addict

my knees and back are starting to hurt more often from all the driving and delivering :(
hahaha ditto

axiomatik
08-01-2011, 03:13 PM
yeah, i have to clip my nose hair weekly or it starts to hang out. Also, hairs on my earlobes (not inside the ear) can get ridiculously long (like 1" long) if I don't pay attention. They are super-fine, so they are very hard to see, but when I do notice them they weird me out. I also have to trim my eyebrows every once in a while because otherwise they get long and shaggy. I don't have a single white or gray hair on the top of my head, but I have started to find white eyebrow hairs. ugh.

simmode1
08-01-2011, 03:16 PM
This shoulda been titled the Zilvia old guy thread...

Dirty Habit
08-01-2011, 03:19 PM
I found a 2" long hair on my neck near my ear yesterday morning. Who fucking knows how long its been there...
Also, this will be me in a matter of years..
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_l5WuF3B9jbM/SXnxxsA-5wI/AAAAAAAABd4/pkApxx2OYx4/s400/eyebrows.jpg
Its a daily battle...

niscur29
08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Back pains, joints hurting, random hair on my ears, gray starting to show when I don't shave. Turned 30 and shit started going down hill.

curbhuggerrps13
08-01-2011, 05:31 PM
i find myself grouchy and sitting in a rocking chair as a productive thing to do nowadays

evomike
08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I recently turned 29 earlier this year I had to have knee surgery and now have to have back surgery for a large hurneatic disc, I feel like I'm a 60 year old man.

thrax
08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
old guy here. I notice it most when people say "aren't you a little old to be driving a 240." :coolugh:

x2 on kids on the lawn.

ayuaddict
08-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Nose hairs be bothering me, I feel as if i have no energy.

niscur29
08-01-2011, 06:40 PM
I recently turned 29 earlier this year I had to have knee surgery and now have to have back surgery for a large hurneatic disc, I feel like I'm a 60 year old man.

Had shoulder surgery when I was 29 last year. Hasn't been the same since. Sucks doing insanity on a bum shoulder.

BustedS13
08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
old guy here. I notice it most when people say "aren't you a little old to be driving a 240." :coolugh:

x2 on kids on the lawn.

i think i'm going to buy a c4 corvette to fit in with my old-assedness.

MrMigs
08-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Maybe it grew out of a mole that you can't see
http://www.molesremoval.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/hairy-mole.jpg

HAWAII
08-02-2011, 12:38 PM
When I am working on my car and it is cold, my hands start to hurt.. Arthritis man, WTF?!?!

djcobra
08-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Got married started to relax a little and enjoy life; boom there goes my rotator cuff, lower back feels like i've slipped a disc... What's next?! Can't even bloody shift gears properly now :( miss driving the S14. Oh well still have the Lexus GS to cruise in...

Getting bloody old!

zac 3ne2nr
08-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Starting to have trouble eating spicy food, the stomach is not as lead-lined as it used to be.
Having never worn/needed glasses my left eye's range is noticeably shorter than the right and developing a squint.

kingkilburn
08-02-2011, 10:31 PM
You know you're getting old when:

Damn kids and that dubstep. Ruining society.

P.S.
I've had pretty severe knee and hip pain since about 14. The only difference at 24 is how often it hurts.

P.P.S.
FUCK male pattern baldness.

S14kouki_10
08-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Any of you old folks take vitamins and whatnot?

ronmcdon
08-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Not so much vitamins, but I started taking papaya enzymes for my digestion.
They are chewable and taste fine, so it's easy to take them.
Aciddopholus is pretty effective too.
You can get all that for cheap @ Trader Joes or some of those fancy organic foods markets (I go to Whole Foods sometimes)

My stomach just can't handle the rich foods & alcohol that it used to,
without suffering some adverse effects later on.
They work very well for me.

You know you're getting old when:

P.P.S.

I'd highly recommend going to a dermatogist first to confirm that it's hereditary baldness & not just stress.
With stress, your hair will grow back, but not so much if it's genetic.

I started noticing that my hair was thinning around the top @ 21.
Have been using generic propecia, and then went to generic dutasteride, which worked even better).
I pay probably $50/month for meds and order it without the need for prescription on some online store.
I'm in my mid thirties now and fortunately still have a relatively full head of hair.
Most of the hair that was thinning was able to get thicker.
If the hair is lost entirely, I don't think the meds will help.

Not presuming that it's for everyone, but I think there are pretty affordable & convenient measures against male baldness.
I'm sure there are many forums out there that would be better informed.
I would encourage you to check out more info on preventative measure if this is something that concerns you.

I don't mind being a chrome dome, I'd just rather have it when I'm older.
Feel really bad for kids in their twenties, if not younger, who are already thinning severely.

BustedS13
08-02-2011, 11:53 PM

my hair is starting to recede. top isn't thinning though, so that's fucking rad. i hear rogaine foam is pretty rad.

Any of you old folks take vitamins and whatnot?

i like those one a day gummy vitamins, but mostly because i like candy.

whenever i come home from a car ride, the hair on my left arm appears windswept. do you guys trim your arm hair? how many of you pussies shave it?

kingkilburn
08-03-2011, 12:04 AM
My hair isn't to thinned out but due to the texture of my hair it is VERY noticeable. I used to rock an afro but never again.

Edit
I can live with the slightly receded hairline. I just have a more extreme widow's peak than before.

BustedS13
08-03-2011, 12:16 AM
My hair isn't to thinned out but due to the texture of my hair it is VERY noticeable. I used to rock an afro but never again.

Edit
I can live with the slightly receded hairline. I just have a more extreme widow's peak than before.

with short hair, i look pretty decent. receptionists will make small talk, etcetera. but if i let it grow out like back in the day, i look like a clown. literally, if clown wigs were sold in dark brown, that's what it goddamn looks like.

zilvia propecia group buy?

I LUV MY S13
08-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Nose hairs be bothering me, I feel as if i have no energy.

Bro, your 22

Prime
08-03-2011, 12:24 AM

Edit

One thing I don't have yet... every other male in my family started losing their hair at around 20. I was spared. It's funny seeing my 18 year old cousin with his widows peak and I'm standing there with my fro' picked out to max, laughing my ass off.

I've taken a liking to the phrase "Old Age and Trickery will always win out over Youth and Strength".

ronmcdon
08-03-2011, 12:50 AM
with short hair, i look pretty decent. receptionists will make small talk, etcetera. but if i let it grow out like back in the day, i look like a clown. literally, if clown wigs were sold in dark brown, that's what it goddamn looks like.

zilvia propecia group buy?

I wouldn't necc recommend regular propecia, its not cheap.
Think I paid close to $100/month on that back in the early 2000's/late 90's.
The generic stuff goes for a lot cheaper and worked just as well imo.

If you dont want to go with a generic drug, Proscar is a better deal than Propecia as its essentially the same drug, just a much larger dosage.
You cut up the pill in quarters, & it will function just like Propecia iirc according to my dermatologist.

Rogaine isn't a bad drug per say either.
You can use it along with an oral drug like finasteride (propecia/proscar).
Only con is that it's a topical drug that you apply for some duration on your scalp.
I chose not to use this b/c it irritated my scalp horribly.
Think you can get rogaine without a prescription at a local drugstore, but you need a prescription for propecia.
Of course, if you buy it at one of those online pharmacist stores, I don't think they will require one
(the store I use does not require prescriptions for dutasteride)

btw - I grow my hair down to my chest level and nobody (incl my gf) complains.
I think you guys have more to gain by giving the meds a try, hopefully after consulting a dermatologist.

BustedS13
08-03-2011, 12:59 AM
I wouldn't necc recommend regular propecia, its not cheap.
Think I paid close to $100/month on that back in the early 2000's/late 90's.
The generic stuff goes for a lot cheaper and worked just as well imo.

If you dont want to go with a generic drug, Proscar is a better deal than Propecia as its essentially the same drug, just a much larger dosage.
You cut up the pill in quarters, & it will function just like Propecia iirc according to my dermatologist.

Rogaine isn't a bad drug per say either.
You can use it along with an oral drug like finasteride (propecia/proscar).
Only con is that it's a topical drug that you apply for some duration on your scalp.
I chose not to use this b/c it irritated my scalp horribly.
Think you can get rogaine without a prescription at a local drugstore, but you need a prescription for propecia.
Of course, if you buy it at one of those online pharmacist stores, I don't think they will require one
(the store I use does not require prescriptions for dutasteride)

btw - I grow my hair down to my chest level and nobody (incl my gf) complains.
I think you guys have more to gain by giving the meds a try, hopefully after consulting a dermatologist.

okay, first of all, that was incredibly informative. second, is that you in your avatar? for some reason i figured you were like 25.

HyperTek
08-03-2011, 01:17 AM
i used to be able to work on my car into the late night.. now I pack it up and stop when it gets dark lol

kingkilburn
08-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Forget that noise. I only work on my car at night. It's to damn hot otherwise. lol I'm not trying to deal with a car hot enough to cook an egg on even if it hasn't run in days.

Gnnr
08-03-2011, 08:56 AM
whenever i come home from a car ride, the hair on my left arm appears windswept. do you guys trim your arm hair? how many of you pussies shave it?

Shaved it all off a couple of times, now I just trim. It feels uncomfortable when nothing is there lol.

dsastr_clan
08-03-2011, 09:52 AM
i just turned 27 in july my body started to act retarted about 4 months ago, i went to the doctor and i was diagnosed with Celiac Decease and now im allergic to wheat and barley ....FML

ronmcdon
08-03-2011, 10:20 AM
okay, first of all, that was incredibly informative. second, is that you in your avatar? for some reason i figured you were like 25.

thanks, I try to help.
no that's kenny rogers in my avatar, I'm in my mid 30's.

Vatche
08-03-2011, 10:28 AM
i have multiple symptoms of everything you guys said.

my hair thinned out.

my hands hurt when i work on my car too much, because i used my hands at work. they cramp and are in pain constantly. but if i dont over work them they are ok.

my stomach the last few years has been acting up. i had a solid stomach my whole life. I have like upset stomach every day now. trying probiotics, but i dont think thats the problem.

My body aches.

my shoulder goes numb from a football injury in high school.

the only good thing i can say is over all these years ive learned to control my sleeping issues a little bit compared to before where my sleeping hours were all over the place.

and my car has almost reached my 10 year old goals :D

life sucks after 26.

OH the worst part is...i used to drink all the time.(not overboard alcoholic status) but i partied all the time. now i can really drink any more. i get a headache almost always and my stomach hurts. THAT SUCKS!

Skraight
08-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm suffering from all of these issues except the balding and I'm only 22. Awesome.

Antihero983
08-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I keep getting pinched nerves on the left side of my neck and back.

mr_eh
08-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Just finished getting my s14 built, trying for 500whp, broke my hand during the build process, hurts to shift with it, past 2 weeks my back has been spazzing out and locking up on me making it difficult to breathe/walk/move...

great thread to vent in :) The toys get prettier but playing with them gets harder or something.

Gnnr
08-03-2011, 12:45 PM
I think some of you should probably need to eat healthy and get off your ass and workout.

VROOOM
08-03-2011, 01:06 PM
once i hit 30 i noticed my metabolism slowed down quite a bit. i also get hangovers alot easier and they are much worse. i too am losing my hair but i dont really care much. my uncle was bald at 22 im 33 and still have MOST of my hair so im doing ok.

zylvia213
08-04-2011, 02:45 PM
31 going on 32 this year....

I have a hard time putting on my underwear in mornings.
Low back pain like a biatch.
Cant really tolerate school which is a good thing i guess
Cant pull all nighters like before.
Nose hairs
Back hairs
Grey hairs
etc...

sil80owner
08-04-2011, 03:25 PM
My ass hair is getting out of hand...

kingkilburn
08-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Sil80owner is rocking the famous assfro. lol

ViciousCesar!
08-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Less hair on my head, but more everywhere else. Go figure.

FRpilot
08-05-2011, 03:19 PM
lots of white hairs since i was like 21. i thought it was due to stress from school, but they just keep popping up.

also noticed i'm getting A LOT more moles on my skin. not the big bumpy embossed type, just the little brown spots. i use to only have a few, but in the last year or two they are popping everywhere on my arms, hands, face.

also, i may be in denial here, but maybe my metabolism IS really slowly down. seems like i keep getting fatter and fatter.

i wonder women who are entering their mid-late 20s are going through. they should contribute to this thread.

BustedS13
11-22-2011, 12:44 PM
i was working on my deck today and now my back feels all fucked up. trying to remember where i didn't lift with my knees. old as fuck.

Walperstyle
11-22-2011, 09:32 PM
when I lay down on my right side, my back makes a wierd crunchy noise when I breath. Sometimes it actually pops loudly. I also can't eat lots of cheese, it bungs me up worse now.

...Yeah, I worked in the Oil Industry.

240Shwag
11-22-2011, 10:07 PM
My wrists are shot. Mostly the tendons for my entire right side of fingers. I wake up in the morning and it takes a while before I can even move them.

I'm only 25.

Walperstyle
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
^too much time online lol, just kidding.

Matej
11-22-2011, 10:34 PM
You gentlemen are not supposed to be feeling like this until your late 30s. Eat healthy. By healthy I do not mean gross diet low-fat no-sugar garbage. I mean a variety of everything in moderation. Take some care of yourself. Go on a hike or nature walk every weekend.

anthonyr sil8ty
11-22-2011, 10:39 PM
the cold weather is my enemy, reminds me of all my past sports injuries.

conrad_s13.5
11-23-2011, 09:52 AM
^ same here,...shits killin me

thats all my fault tho.....lol

as far as gettin old type ish.....im still very active,. but ive NEVER had to stretch before sports/skating/working out till recently. Loosing my flexibility i guess too. Shit i guess i could work on tho

Ive also been growing white/blonde/black/brown hairs out of my face since i could grow hairs,......but seems like everyone is just now noticing the white ones....hahah

allntrlundrgrnd
11-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Men don't lose hair, it just pulls itself into your body and sprouts out elsewhere.

I've been losing my hair since highschool, bic it every fews days now cause I look like a tard if I don't. Bad knee since I had surgery.

On the bright side I have also only gained ~5 pounds since high school. I will rue the day my metabolism slows down.

ronmcdon
11-23-2011, 01:34 PM
I have gained probably around 15-25 lbs after highschool some 16-17 yrs ago. (165 back then, 180 right now)
It fluctuates a lot depending on how I eat and excercise, but I can always loose weight fast.

I am actually really fortunate my weight is what it is considering I eat 2-3 times more than most ppl on average every meal & almost never exercise.
don't eat fast food at all though.

Only thing I can think of is reduced testosterone probably, but I consider that a good thing.
No longer that interested in women, no fist-fights for almost five years, not so hot-headed, less need for reckless behavior like driving fast.
My energy levels are definitely lower, but I don't think it effects my work, school, or social life.

BustedS13
11-23-2011, 01:57 PM
don't eat fast food at all though.

you were JUST going on about how much you love the mcrib!

ronmcdon
11-23-2011, 02:01 PM
you were JUST going on about how much you love the mcrib!

lol, you got me there.
I will make that exception.
oh and shake shack too when in ny.

Rated G
11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
my joint hurt likes hells

mRclARK1
11-24-2011, 08:21 AM
My right shoulder always hurts. So does my left... Just hurts in a different spot.

My sternum randomly cracks really loud now and then.

Every old injury or wound seems to randomly ache now and then.

I also fart a lot more now. It's annoying.

seesquared
11-24-2011, 09:01 AM
I had surgery on my left arm when I was 16. It starts to hurt more frequently now at the age of 26. Also my knee is starting to act up some.

On an upside though, My hair has been salt & pepper for years and everyone loves it.

WanganRunner
11-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Just the nose hair.

Otherwise I've slimmed down lately, weigh about what I did in college again, etc.

240love
11-24-2011, 10:40 AM
i cant seem to get a good night sleep, i have to sleep face up all the time because if i go on my side my arm gets supper numb and i feel like i swell up...it sucks

WanganRunner
11-25-2011, 08:25 AM
I notice I hurt myself more often though, shoulders and such especially.

This is probably in part because I lift/work out, but I do almost nothing that benefits my traps/delts. I should do more pull-ups, methinks.

Mangudai
11-25-2011, 04:39 PM
all that bailing and hard landings and sprains from skateboarding gaps.ramps and stairs is catching up to me now. i skated for 10-12 yrs, every joint in my body aches. getting up in the morning is hard now because im so sore.

Banged up my knees a good bit. Doesn't help I was 225 at the time.

DALAZ_68
11-25-2011, 09:15 PM
i eat beef, and i cant stop farting...

Felipe
11-26-2011, 12:40 PM
i gain weight easy as shit now... and now its harder to losse it lol

MadScientist
11-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Dude really... I am 34 and it feels like every year is something new.

Carpel Tunnel from service industry labor
Bad Ankel from a really bad sprain
Balding like my hair is scared
Stray eyebrow hairs that end up long as hell and show up randomly
Ear Lobe hair? WTF are they conversing with my eyebrows?
Ass Hair... I dare to Nair...
starting to look like an out of shape old man
Back pain first thing in the morning...
lets just not mention my finger/toe nails...

Feel like a bald Chia Pet.

DALAZ_68
11-26-2011, 01:36 PM
went to our anual alumni Turkey bowl game and was called an old man...only sweet part was that i knocked him on his ass playing offense...aha

but still...old man...im 25...but man, everything still hurts...

Felipe
11-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Back pain first thing in the morning...

i bought this...

http://memory-foam-mattress-topper.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Memory-Foam-Mattress-Topper-picx.jpg