PDA

View Full Version : i/m issues

hmooblis
11-12-2003, 01:44 AM
why do companys make aftermaket parts that not CARB approved? i might understand why but i would be much more easier for us if it was. their are quite a few of members here with SRs and KA-Ta, how do you deal with the i/m issue?

also, what parts need to be CARB approved? is it everything that has to do with the engine or just certain parts?

nokeone
11-12-2003, 01:47 AM
CARB approval is VERY expensive...so most companies don't bother with it as it is not a necessity to sell parts...everyone still buys them so why waste the money is their opinion...

as far as i know, technically, anything involved in the emissions system from intake all the way through to exhaust has to be CARB approved...

hmooblis
11-12-2003, 01:52 AM
thanks

how do guys/gals deal with the i/m test? do you find a person that can pass you? some people don't have this option, and if this is you then what do you do?

hondaguy
11-12-2003, 11:16 PM
from what i heard most people just pay the smog people off,i dunno how they do it but every time i talk to some1 they said they just gave up a couple hundreds and they passed:confused:

nokeone
11-13-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by hondaguy
from what i heard most people just pay the smog people off,i dunno how they do it but every time i talk to some1 they said they just gave up a couple hundreds and they passed:confused:

pretty much...leave a benjamin on your valve cover..you'll pass..;)