PDA

View Full Version : high idle and surging issues in nuetral

Xise
07-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Ok so I have just finished completely restoring the frame of my s13 rustbucket, and now that everything is back together I am dealing with a million finicky little issues.

I have taken care of mostly everything, but now at idle it hunts around between 1k-2k RPMs. When pressing in the clutch to shift gears the idle shoots right back up to about 2k and will surge as long as it is in neutral.

I thought it could be any number of things, TPS, vacuum leak, idle control or maybe something else.

I kind of ruled out the idle control screw, just b/c it never settles on one engine speed. Just to give you some info about the car to help eliminate any things that I have deleted.

1989 240SX KA24E SOHC
EGR deleted
AIV deleted (solenoid still connected port to AIV plugged)

I am considering getting rid of all the vacuum lines except the vapor can and the FPR.....

Xise
07-25-2011, 01:06 PM
high idle problem fixed, the throttle cable was too tight, DERP! My idle is still a bit rough, probably a vacuum leak or maybe because i deleted the EGR and AIV?? Anyway the idle is MUCH more tolerable right around 700 RPMs :) probably good enough for inspections anyway

Xise
07-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Apparently not good enough for inspection...they wouldn't even look at it with my ebay cannon on there, at least he didn't make me pay $45 and then tell me that!

Honestly I think emissions on a 20+ year old vehicle is fricken stupid....why does my state do that? I guess it could be worse, I could have to deal with California emissions lol