PDA

View Full Version : problems starting. need help!

dkim1985
07-23-2011, 09:43 AM
I have a stock s13 ka24de.
When I put the key in the On position, everything works fine. Lights come on, radio works etc.
But then when I turn the key to turn on the engine...nothing.
Not even the starter trying to crank.

What could be the problem? I don't think its my battery because I tried jumping from another car..that didn't help. The engine seems to only start up when it feels like it.

I spoke to one mechanic and he said he thinks its the ignition..

What do u guys think? Any suggestions?

rcdad123
07-23-2011, 12:51 PM
try hitting the starter with a metal object while someone is trying to start the car. if it cranks, the starter is bad. you have to hit it pretty hard though.

s14zenkijeron
07-23-2011, 03:38 PM
yeah i have the same problem broh. but i have a 95' s14 ka24de... yeah the lights on my dash works fine and when i try to start it it doesnt do a thing.. no noise or click from my starter.. i also took off my starter and alternator and went to check it on my local autozone and they work fine and passed... and my battery is fully charge..so i dont know whats going on... i need help!! cuz i want my car to be runing agen and i miss drivin it..need help... tell me wat u did to make your car work.. so i can do the same thing... thanks

dkim1985
07-23-2011, 06:50 PM
try hitting the starter with a metal object while someone is trying to start the car. if it cranks, the starter is bad. you have to hit it pretty hard though.i don't think its the starter since theres no bad cranking sound. it has to be before the starter, like something electrical.

yeah i have the same problem broh. but i have a 95' s14 ka24de... yeah the lights on my dash works fine and when i try to start it it doesnt do a thing.. no noise or click from my starter.. i also took off my starter and alternator and went to check it on my local autozone and they work fine and passed... and my battery is fully charge..so i dont know whats going on... i need help!! cuz i want my car to be runing agen and i miss drivin it..need help... tell me wat u did to make your car work.. so i can do the same thing... thanksafter a few tries, my car starts up. but it just starts up weak. if all your parts check out fine then i would suggest to check/replace the connections. maybe something on the electrical wiring is bad.

rcdad123
07-23-2011, 09:52 PM
check the small wire coming out of the starter solenoid. if it`s connected, take it off and hook up a voltmeter to it and see if your getting battery voltage with the key on start position. if you are, starter is bad. if it does not have any, ignition switch is bad. but make sure you have enough voltage in the battery. also make sure you have battery voltage on the starter wire thats connected to the positive of the battery. another thing to check is your ground. make sure you have at least 2 pretty good size ground wires. one on the block and one on the chassis.

Mishkin_707
07-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Check the fuses under the hood? Any kind of alarm?

murffy
07-28-2011, 01:16 AM
check the clutch safety button, the one that the clutch hits when you push it down to start the engine, try starting your car while holding the button down with your finger instead of your foot, just make sure the car isnt in gear haha

papamama14
07-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Check the fuses under the hood?
Florida SEO (http://seopageone.com)
FL SEO (http://seopageone.com)

rspatron
07-28-2011, 01:30 AM
If its stick it could be the lil swith behind the clutch pedal.

dkim1985
08-03-2011, 04:58 PM
..it was the starter.

i banged the starter a few times and it started up.
took it to my mechanic and replaced the starter and haven't had a problem since.
and it starts a hell of a lot better now too~