PDA

View Full Version : Help Japan and Rep at Drift Matsuri!!!

irritatedmax
07-22-2011, 09:02 AM
My brother and I will be attending Drift Matsuri next month and in thinking of ways to give the car some character, we've come up with a plan that we couldn't be more stoked about. We are "selling" spots on the car for your names and stickers in exchange for donations to the Japan Red Cross. Kind of like buying a sponsorship spot on a race car but, instead of supporting the car, 100% of the money will go to the Japan Red Cross!

As most in our segment of the car community know, Ebisu Circuit was directly affected by the March 11th tsunami and earthquake. They suffered damages and then stepped up to help out those displaced by providing food and shelter. While a few months have passed, clean up and rebuilding are still going on throughout the affected areas. Help is always needed - especially when it is no longer in the media spotlight. This is a cool way to show we all care and bring the fundraising effort to them!

Our goal is to raise money for the Japan Red Cross, have fun decorating the Missil80, and make Matsuri more interactive for everyone who donates and follows the coverage from home. We'd like to cover the car front to back with your names and whatever stickers you send us! Stickers can be your blog, company, group/team, funny sayings, images, or any other randomness; whatever it is - make a donation and send them to us!

Here's how it works:

To have your name written on the car - Make a $1.00 donation and we'll write whatever name you specify in the Paypal comments box on the car. (If you want to donate more than $1.00, click the second donate button!)

Click here to donate $1.00! (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MENYA3EKMA5AU&lc=US&item_name=Brickhouse%20Products%20%2d%20Drift%20Ma tsuri%20for%20Japan%20Red%20Cross%21&amount=1%2e00&currency_code=USD&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHos ted)

To have your sticker put on the car - Make a donation of any amount greater than $1.00, identify what sticker you are sending in the Paypal comment box with your name, and then send your stickers to:

Brickhouse Products
P.O. Box 6724
Lincoln, NE 68506-6724

Click here to donate any amount! (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MENYA3EKMA5AU&lc=US&item_name=Brickhouse%20Products%20%2d%20Drift%20Ma tsuri%20for%20Japan%20Red%20Cross%21&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHos ted)

If you send stickers, we'll need them by Saturday, August 6th so they can catch the plane to Japan! Help spread the word and repost this (please!)! Let's raise some money and have some fun! If you make a donation, post below!

More of the Matsuri adventure will be up on the blog - Brickhouse Products (http://www.brickhouseproducts.com) - but for now some pics of the blank canvas, the Missil80:

http://brickhouseproducts.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/photo-1.jpg
http://brickhouseproducts.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/photo-2.jpg

vas570sx
07-22-2011, 09:08 AM
this is a great idea, good for you guys! i dont have any "deathwish" stickers left, but for this, i wish i did..

Mikey McFly
07-22-2011, 09:33 AM
This is a pimp idea!
I can't decide which sticker to send out. I guess I can should make this sacrifice for a good cause. =P

thetopcow
07-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Stickers would be sweet, but even just a dollar gets your name on the car.

We will document every panel and post it here and on our site Brickhouse Products (http://www.brickhouseproducts.com) after the event.

We want the car to be a solid mass of names, end to end and stacked really tight, so no name is entirely distinguishable when you step back and you get the sense it took a "whole" to contribute.

ILoveMyRHS13
07-22-2011, 06:25 PM
If you guys want the stickers made, hit me up. I would love to be a part of this. :)

BoostSlideWayz
07-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Donated, GOOD LUCK !!

bookoo
07-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Good idea....but are you a good driver?

irritatedmax
07-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Yaaaayyyy!!! Thanks, man!

BoostSlideWayz
07-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Yaaaayyyy!!! Thanks, man!

Welcome.

and who cares if they are good drivers or not.. the money is going to a good cause.. I love japan.. i still have my *hope* sticker from the japan car meet.

1 dollar people... i dont care if your homeless on the side of the street. you can afford a dollar.

Once again good luck guys and have fun.

handinpants
07-23-2011, 02:40 AM
How much for the hood?

Ryder14
07-23-2011, 03:15 AM
Donated, i want to see my name gettin wall slapped

thetopcow
07-23-2011, 05:20 AM
How much for the hood?

pm'ed.

Donated, i want to see my name gettin wall slapped

We would be happy to oblige!

Thanks to everyone so far! The support and donations have been awesome!

thetopcow
07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
This is going pretty good, we have raised about 65 dollars which means the front fenders are covered. Sadly most of it has come from me just asking co-workers and family.

Advertisers/businesses this is cheap advertisement for you. Buy a panel of the car for 30 bux and we will put your sticker on it and whatever else you want.

OR

You could buy the hood and propose to your wife! This would actually be pretty cool!

We just want to raise money for people in need!

irritatedmax
08-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Greg's in the air and I'll be on my way tonight! Not too late for donations! Every dollar (or more!) helps!

DenkiMan!
08-08-2011, 08:48 AM
donated! this is a great idea, good luck....make sure to put updates!

irritatedmax
08-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Thanks!!! Responded to a PM too!

In Tokyo now, off to Ebisu tomorrow! Hopefully can get the car prepped and sorted out to have it ready to go Thursday. Bunch of miscellaneous stuff to do - change rad, wire in a temp gauge, change oil, install George's rack spacer, etc. I hope this engine is genki! Matsuri this weekend - still time to take part and donate!

I'm writing this now as Greg is taking a jet-lag induced four hour "nap". Haha.