PDA

View Full Version : kei office excessively bouncy

rancid240
11-10-2003, 01:32 AM
I just installed my kei office. Moved up from agx/sportlines. My problem is that the car is excessively bouncy. It is so bouncy that other drivers are noticing. It is almost embarrasing. Also if i am turning and hit a bump, the rear end will loose traction and bounce up and down, similar to when learning how to drive clutch for the first time. damper is set to two up front. I am about 1-1.5 inch lower than i was with sportlines. Will raising the ride height help the bouncy problem, or do I probably have blown dampers?

NZO
11-10-2003, 01:50 AM
Have you tried setting them stiffer?

Bbandit
11-10-2003, 01:57 AM
did you buy the coilovers new or used??
either way.. turn the damper level up to max and see what happens.. if its still bouncy.. maybe the shocks are blown or maybe thats just the way it is :confused:

rancid240
11-10-2003, 02:00 AM
used, traded the agx + 3 bills. Rear are non dampening adjustable and the rate is 9/7kg.

SlideStar
11-10-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by rancid240
Also if i am turning and hit a bump, the rear end will loose traction and bounce up and down
Well decreasing the shock rebound will give you more traction.
If you can try different spring rates, then decrease the rear.

sykikchimp
11-10-2003, 07:34 AM
sounds like blown dampers. even on the lowest setting, the spring should only ocilate one time. 9/7 is pretty friggin high spring rate too.. I'm going to be moving from 8/6 to 7/5 pretty soon because the 8/6 is a bit rough on certain roads.

Dousan_PG
11-10-2003, 09:28 AM
sounds blown
those are old kei office model and as i told you in PM and email i think, i dont know much about them.

rancid240
11-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Its oscillating about 1-3 times per bump...
Its not the harshness that bugs, just the bouncy bouncy bouncy. I took it up and down the 5 from anaheim to LA which is pretty much the most ghetto freeway in the world, it wasnt TOO bad, so its still manageable. Damn car handles like its on rails now (if i dont hit any bumps)