PDA

View Full Version : Street Legal Skylines

starfireS14
11-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Who sells street legal skylines other than Motorex?

S13SilviaGirl
11-09-2003, 11:45 AM
RB motoring and a few others I can't think of off hand. But, You may as well just go through motorex. They have been in this scene for a while now and are trustworthy.

hondaguy
11-09-2003, 12:20 PM
:werd:

NZO
11-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Motorex are jackoffs, talk to sean at rbmotoring.

doriftokouki
11-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Talk to my friend Matt at ShogunStyleMotorsports (760)715-1052. He can import the car, Motorex does the DOT certification, but he can get you the car for a good price, so in the long run you will be spending less money. I.E. Buy a car from him and then have him get it legal through motorex for you, and your end price will be lower then if you were to go straight to motorex for the whole car. Call him if you want more info.

halyoder
11-09-2003, 06:24 PM
a company by me sells skylines and other imports. they are in cincinnati, ohio there web site is www.zerolift.com. form what i understand they sell them alot cheaper then motorex.

matlock
11-09-2003, 10:02 PM
I am guessing he can import the car like many other companies can do for cheap, but the problem is the DOT certification, which costs a lot and depending on the condition of the car could end up costing a lot more than you think. Trust me I have looked into getting one and "beating the system" and I would go through MotoRex or RB before I would do some rig job, but thats just me.

misnomer
11-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Motorex are jackoffs, talk to sean at rbmotoring.

Anything to add?

Oh yeah, you can get them brand new from Infinity :P

halyoder
11-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Trust me I have looked into getting one and "beating the system" and I would go through MotoRex or RB before I would do some rig job, but thats just me
if you are saying that zerolift is some kind of rig job your wrong because they get there cars the same way as RB.

matlock
11-10-2003, 10:14 PM
I am just saying I personally would trust RB or MotoRex, but thats because they are the better known companies......but hey I don't have a skyline so I don't really care haha!

S13SilviaGirl
11-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Also, the smaller companies are not watched as closely as motorex and RB. If they screw you, you do not have as much recourse as you would with RB or Motorex. These 2 companies have had to go through some serious scrutiny(sp?) to get these cars over here. If they Fuck up their whole buisness they worked their ass off to get going and profitable is down the tubes. They can't afford to mess up. They have to make sure, YOU, the consumer, is happy. If you arent happy, they know that word of mouth is a POWERFUL thing when it comes to someone spending money. Yes, these other companies can get you the car cheaper, and yes it still has to meet DOT standards. But realize who got everything in place so there are standards so we can enjoy the skyline over here in the US. I doubt that you can get the car "cheaper", at least for right now. In the next 2 years? Who knows!? But lets all :D and get along. Call shops ask questions, do your homework, reasearch and then make your descision.