PDA

View Full Version : the wire

lawrenceyang
07-17-2011, 02:12 PM
i cant believe there hasnt been a thread about this show made. ive watched a bunch of shows on tv (rescue me, breaking bad, dexter, entourage, and sons of anarchy to name a few) but this show completely blows all of those shows out of the water. currently on the last season, five, and was curious to see if any zilvians watched this show as well.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8UYCuLzpiBs/TTMYL5Ti5BI/AAAAAAAABP4/EaLjk_NKxAc/s1600/the-wire.jpg

Om1kron
07-18-2011, 12:18 AM
It's on HBO go now, I may give it a gander after I'm done re-watching Carnivale

drift freaq
07-18-2011, 12:30 AM
I watched the whole series when it came out originally on HBO. Its currently under syndication on a couple of channels. You do not need HBO to watch it anymore or you can buy the whole series on DVD. If you liked it another series to try and catch is Luther it was on BBC America. The guy that played Stringer Bell on the Wire Idris Elba is the Star in Luther and its a pretty bad ass show.

lawrenceyang
07-18-2011, 02:04 AM
It's on HBO go now, I may give it a gander after I'm done re-watching Carnivale

drop whatever youre watching and get up on the wire. i have your best interest in mind fellow premie

tricky_ab
07-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Best series EVER! Yeah I said it! My take is that The Wire is a 60 episodes masterpiece.

The Wire in a nutshell: the realism in the topics it tackles. It almost makes me depressed because The Wire's more "negative" view is actually the logical and realistic one. It makes me hopeful that things will change for the poor - no matter what skin color, the working class, but that's almost always shot in the foot watching this show, though it does give me some glimmer of hope.

Fearell
07-18-2011, 03:29 PM
One of the best shows I've ever seen hands down. Murrraaland

lawrenceyang
07-18-2011, 10:38 PM
im in the middle of season five, shits so fucking shady

tricky_ab
07-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I can't believe there's not more love for this show on this forum?!

lawrenceyang
07-19-2011, 06:05 PM
seriously ! i just finished the last episode...such a great way to end the series

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
07-20-2011, 09:31 AM
drop whatever youre watching and get up on the wire. i have your best interest in mind fellow premie

Best series EVER! Yeah I said it! My take is that The Wire is a 60 episodes masterpiece.

The Wire in a nutshell: the realism in the topics it tackles. It almost makes me depressed because The Wire's more "negative" view is actually the logical and realistic one. It makes me hopeful that things will change for the poor - no matter what skin color, the working class, but that's almost always shot in the foot watching this show, though it does give me some glimmer of hope.

Couldn't have said it any better myself! +1

whiterps13
07-22-2011, 11:19 AM
This is by far the best TV series to ever air.

I didnt watch it when it was actually on air, which Im quite thankful for. My buddies and I watched the entire series in college in a little over a month. No joke, we watched episodes back to back to back every night. I cant imagine what I would have done having to wait a week for the next episode, let alone the downtime between seasons.

In short, it is fucking amazing. The storylines, the characters, it just is stunning in all aspects. I think it is genius how it gives the overall story of a city from so many diverse points of view. Law enforcement, criminals, politicians, etc. The sides are so different, yet they draw such overall similarities in such a cool way.

Omar is by far my favorite character, with Bodie and Stringer Bell and on the podium as well. Lester was a genius in disguise (at first) and I love how really came out of his shell. Marlo was a fucking G in all aspects, plus his Nissan Armada was pretty sick too.

God I love this show. I think Im going to start the series from the beginning again one of these days. I miss it.

lawrenceyang
07-22-2011, 12:30 PM
i think about this song when im thinking about the wire >_____>

‪Kanye West-Through The Wire(Lyrics)‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1kVzBTUqA)

whiterps13
07-22-2011, 01:49 PM
I think of this jam, obviously. Amazing song BTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFDOPPVReHs&feature=related

curbhuggerrps13
07-22-2011, 01:51 PM
waiting till it comes on netflix?

lawrenceyang
07-22-2011, 04:04 PM
I think of this jam, obviously. Amazing song BTW.

‪The Wire - Way Down In The Hole (Season 1)‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFDOPPVReHs&feature=related)

gotta keep the devil, WAAAAAY DOWN IN THE HOOOOOLE