PDA

View Full Version : overly paranoid thread

bb4_96
07-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Now I don't consider myself to be anywhere near a clinically paranoid case. But I do find myself wondering if anyone else gets as paranoid as I do. I don't really ever find myself worrying about things necessarily... just paranoid. If you can relate post up.

-I keep a loaded 12ga under my bed in case of break-ins
-I don't like to keep lights on at night because my house has like a million windows and i dont like thinking about people creepin on me n wife
-I've been setting aside cash for the new viper alarm that pages your smart phone/ plan to upgrade to smart phone for that sole reason. Even though my cars/bikes rarely get parked outside a garage and my work parking is gated/guarded
-If I feel like someone is following me when i'm out riding/driving I'll pull into a neighborhood and turn around then carry on just to be sure
-I keep my project cars covered in my garage so passerbys don't get any funny ideas

I'm sure theres more shit than that Thats just off the top of my head

LimeLite Racing
07-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Stop smoking herb man. Problem solved!

orion::S14
07-14-2011, 07:52 AM
With regards to a loaded weapon unde rthe bed for self defense - "prepared" is not "paranoid".

Although, the feeling like someone is following you - Unless you're into illegal stuff, who's gonna be following you?

I think you should: Buy some blinds for your windows, make sure your insurance is paid up on your car, and relax.

- Brian

Gizmo_S13
07-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Heh... I'm the same way when I'm driving. Every time I move into a new neighborhood I spend the first week driving around getting familiar with the place. This I do because I've been followed home before and if they do I have over 10 ways to get home and I can go in circles and not even feel like it.

My car is usually blocked in and the cars around it have alarms.

I prefer sleeping with everything dark but sometimes I get the feeling someone is watching me (ive seen ghost and shit throughout my whole life) besides that I'm good.

aziankingz
07-14-2011, 08:45 AM
you should also check under your car before you start it in case someone planted a car bomb under there..

zylvia213
07-14-2011, 08:50 AM
GETO BOYS "MIND PLAYING TRICKS ON ME"

‪Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks On Me‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G272iYvxW_w)

Edwin562
07-14-2011, 08:52 AM
im the same besides the loaded gun under my bed.... due to kids at the house.. if not i would...

KiLLeR2001
07-14-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm very attentive to the cars around me when driving. If I see the same set of headlights in my rear view mirror for an extended period of time I get suspicious real quick. I will trigger my turn signal, if the car behind me does the same thing, I will continue going straight, if the car continues to go straight as well, then I know its following me. Or I'll do the opposite, no signal and then make an immediate turn to see if the car in question attempts the same maneuver. This has happened to me a couple times, and I've diverted it every time.

raz0rbladez909
07-14-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm very attentive to the cars around me when driving. If I see the same set of headlights in my rear view mirror for an extended period of time I get suspicious real quick. I will trigger my turn signal, if the car behind me does the same thing, I will continue going straight, if the car continues to go straight as well, then I know its following me. Or I'll do the opposite, no signal and then make an immediate turn to see if the car in question attempts the same maneuver. This has happened to me a couple times, and I've diverted it every time.

+1 to that, some people will follow you for wierd reasons too, (they like/dislike/want to steal your car, maybe you cut them off on accident or something) I wouldn't say overly paranoid but I always prepare for the worst, even though more than likely something isn't going to happen, if it ever did I like to know I was prepared for it.:bigok:

Obsidian
07-14-2011, 10:37 AM
As far as my house is concerned, all my windows are tinted with reflective silver tinting and has cast iron bars. Also, I try to keep a gun in every other room of the house with rounds/magazines in separate areas from the locations of the guns themselves. Also even have a few Tokyo Marui modified airsofts that shoot around 400+fps with no yellow tip as a non-lethal scare tactic (jdm goodness = no orange tips, lol).

As far as my cars, each one has some sort of Viper alarm as well as a proximity sensor for the interior of the car. This will prevent false positives a lot of times, since my alarms have a regular 'car alarm' sound for external bumps and then an extremely loud fire alarm style screech for when the proximity sensor is set off.

Oh, and just like others have posted, divergence tactics against people supposedly following you is something I do very often.

might seem extreme, but when the nearest KFC has more bullet proof glass at the counter than the local Bank of America, you kinda do have to take SOME precautions.

KiLLeR2001
07-14-2011, 10:41 AM
^ Might be time to move.

VROOOM
07-14-2011, 10:42 AM
i do think you guys are paranoid. i do have a 12 gauge and a SKS under my bed both are unloaded(although i have 5 shotgun shells on the butt of the 12 gauge.)

i dont even have an alarm on my car and really never have.

Tops*
07-14-2011, 11:08 AM
When I'm on my bike on a two lane road where one is occupied by on-coming traffic, I'm super paranoid about on-coming vehicles blowing a tire and taking me out. That is all.

g00se
07-14-2011, 11:21 AM
You should get a nice guard dog, or 2

SinGarage
07-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't think your paranoid, I believe you are just causious/prepared. There is nothing wrong with that and better than under-prepared. I just moved in to a new neighborhood about a year ago and didn't know what to expect. I did move each of my rifles in the open so everyone could see though :D just incase they had evil thoughts :rl:

BoostSlideWayz
07-14-2011, 11:27 AM
GETO BOYS "MIND PLAYING TRICKS ON ME"

‪Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks On Me‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G272iYvxW_w)

Listen from 2:45

* i often drift when i drive * ahahaa :2f2f:

T chop
07-14-2011, 12:08 PM
http://youtu.be/irBP5FnksKc

Flicktitty
07-14-2011, 12:16 PM
I too am HUGE into keeping an eye and remembering what is behind me and if something is behind me too long i make it a point to go someplace else.

In Milwaukee that's how alot of the import cars get stolen, people follow cars home froms shows/meets/street races/hang outs/etc. find out where the car is parked, later that night car is gone. happened atleast 10 times last year.

S14kouki_10
07-14-2011, 12:29 PM
I do the same, turn into other streets if i feel someone is following me.

T chop
07-14-2011, 12:30 PM
As far as my house is concerned, all my windows are tinted with reflective silver tinting and has cast iron bars. Also, I try to keep a gun in every other room of the house with rounds/magazines in separate areas from the locations of the guns themselves. Also even have a few Tokyo Marui modified airsofts that shoot around 400+fps with no yellow tip as a non-lethal scare tactic (jdm goodness = no orange tips, lol).

As far as my cars, each one has some sort of Viper alarm as well as a proximity sensor for the interior of the car. This will prevent false positives a lot of times, since my alarms have a regular 'car alarm' sound for external bumps and then an extremely loud fire alarm style screech for when the proximity sensor is set off.

Oh, and just like others have posted, divergence tactics against people supposedly following you is something I do very often.

might seem extreme, but when the nearest KFC has more bullet proof glass at the counter than the local Bank of America, you kinda do have to take SOME precautions.

:picardfp:

Taniguchi_Is_#1
07-14-2011, 12:53 PM
to quote kurt cobain:

"just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you."

sr20sean
07-14-2011, 12:58 PM
to quote kurt cobain:

"just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you."

lol i find the kurt cobain reference hilarious lmao

i throught someone was following me so i made random turns then just took off. turned out to be a cop... woops

SochBAT
07-14-2011, 06:25 PM
My aunts dislike guns, so I keep my paintball stuff under my bed.

halo hopper
5K tank
Monster balls.

30BPS concussion goodness.