PDA

View Full Version : Man of Steel

Gnnr
07-14-2011, 03:14 AM
So apparently the Superman reboot film is in pre-production and slated for a 2012 release. The big names behind it are Zack Snyder, Christopher Nolan, and David Goyer.

This could either be really good or an epic fail. God I hope they don't fuck it up.

I hope that they realize the Superman story is the polar opposite of these "darker" superhero movies that have been coming out and don't shoot the whole movie with a 75% dark tint, a goth setting, and give it an emo vibe (Spiderman) when the story doesn't call for it. :rolleyes:

I mean whatever happened to the use of natural colors in modern movies? The whole good vibe, righteous, high moral, idealist, big blue boyscout is what Superman is all about, am I right?

Just saying because this is the direction the last few seasons of Smallville went. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Your thoughts? Discuss.

ronmcdon
07-14-2011, 03:41 AM
I dont see how Zack Snyder fits in. Nolan & Goyer have been a tried & tested team (if you like the past two dark knight films). I would be optimistic.

honestly I'm not too concerned about the visual style as long as the film works. Nolan's films have always had a more surreal noir element to them even from Memento. I don't see him making a 'happy-go-lucky' film anytime soon. it safer that he just continues what he does what he does well, and the studios are probably going to expect this from him. It sells, and I feel it works on an artistic level.

The last Spiderman didn't work not so much b/c it was emo. It just wasn't a good film, and would not have worked even without the silly emo factor. tbh I never cared for Sam Raimi after Evil Dead.

btw - I think the second or third original Superman film in the 70's or 80's had a pretty dark theme to it as well. Although I haven't watched it since I was 5 or 6, I recall I had a good impression of it

BustedS13
07-14-2011, 09:55 AM
superman is such a poon.

SochBAT
07-14-2011, 06:27 PM
He's scared of green shit. Fuck that.

TheWolf
07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
‪Robot Chicken: Superman's Powers - Adult Swim (Official)‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbhbUOgs47E)

Edwin562
07-14-2011, 06:32 PM
i choose Duke Nukem over superman... he is the man with balls of steel.