PDA

View Full Version : Speed Channel's " The car Show"

LOUD240
07-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Anyone watch the premier??
I watched about half of it , another top gear rip off !!
Adam Corolla is just hard to watch with all of the 5 year old jokes he throws out

Lets hear your reviews

ZAKU
07-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Anyone watch the premier??
I watched about half of it , another top gear rip off !!
Adam Corolla is just hard to watch with all of the 5 year old jokes he throws out

Lets hear your reviews

I PVR'd it at haven't seen it yet. Top Gear USA sucked so I have high hopes for this show.

Also, Adam Carolla is a Datsun nerd, I'm hoping for a Datsun tribute segment.

davirene
07-13-2011, 11:04 PM
I was interested in the 300zx they were racing until it caught fire......

Then they shot it up and blew it up....damm I could use that diff and brakes....:)

adam s
07-13-2011, 11:07 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/
I could be wrong, but maybe this would be better here?

jontron5000
07-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Top Gear UK is way too awesome to be imitated and any attempt looks lame and pathetic. They have everything that makes a car show worth watching. Entertaining hosts, especially Clarkson, who actually knows what he is talking about, even if he does have a preference towards Ferraris. Top Gear UK has fun to watch challenges and they do reviews/tests of modern cars (especially SUPERCARS!) that are coming out, so that's always interesting to hear what they have to say.

Top Gear USA - the hosts are so boring and they talk like robots. "Yes. That. Car. Has. 500. Horsepower. But. Can. It. Handle. In. The. Corners?" It sounds so scripted and repeated, there's no sense of fluidity or humanism. I'd rather read a terrible book than listen to those guys.

As for Mr. Corolla, I'm not expecting big things from him, maybe he will change my mind tho. I liked him better on Loveline.

Mikey McFly
07-13-2011, 11:55 PM
I think it's pretty cool. I rather watch this then Top Gear US, definitely. You can't really compare this to Top Gear UK. It's like comparing Fast Five to the first Fast and Furious. You can't beat the original, you know? Can't wait til next week though, when they try to teach chicks how to drive stick, haha. =P

It's really not that bad. I'll keep watching it. =]

zeile
07-14-2011, 12:15 AM
all i have to say is adam was the host of the man show.... all i hope to expect from him is hot girls bouncing on trampolines.. :D

Mikey McFly
07-14-2011, 12:28 AM
There's some pretty hot girls burning out clutches next week. *shrugs* =]

Kaifd3s
07-14-2011, 08:58 AM
^ Werd. I want to see that episode. Overall, I'm not impressed much. UK Top Gear will forever be the greatest car show IMO.

s13 k3nrock
07-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Top Gear USA - the hosts are so boring and they talk like robots. "Yes. That. Car. Has. 500. Horsepower. But. Can. It. Handle. In. The. Corners?" It sounds so scripted and repeated, there's no sense of fluidity or humanism. I'd rather read a terrible book than listen to those guys.

As for Mr. Corolla, I'm not expecting big things from him, maybe he will change my mind tho. I liked him better on Loveline.

i lol'd when i read this, i couldnt agree with you more
i have yet to see an episode but im hopeful as well, after all it is the car show, i imagine its more like the man show rather than top gear and to even compare the two is pointless but whatevs ill see for myself once i actually watch it

Silverbullet
07-14-2011, 11:35 AM
did Matt Ferra really get known for his youtube show?

jamg
07-14-2011, 11:50 AM
did Matt Ferra really get known for his youtube show?
yes

along with everything else he did, yeah.

tricky_ab
07-14-2011, 11:56 AM
I found it to be quite lame actually. I couldn't really get into it. I just turned the channel after a bit.

Tantwoforty
07-14-2011, 12:00 PM
I just discovered top gear uk is on netflix
its a good day
I PVR'd it at haven't seen it yet.

Whats PVR.. Prehistoric video recording?
idk

I liked him better on Loveline.

i LOVED him on loveline... mason jar.. good times.

hellion240sx
07-14-2011, 12:18 PM
thaanks for the heaads up, will dvr it this week.

axiomatik
09-27-2011, 11:35 AM
The Car Show cuts John Salley, 30 minutes (http://jalopnik.com/5843562/the-car-show-cuts-john-salley-30-minutes)

According to Jalopnik, John Salley has been cut from the show and the show will now be just 30 minutes instead of 1 hour.

ManoNegra
09-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Not surprised, show is watchable but hardly great
(nothing else for me to watch at that time slot with the channels available on my TV)

at least in not another f-ing Nascar show.

axiomatik
09-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Agree on both counts. I've watched I think 3 episodes, and find it just mildly interesting. I think I've laughed out loud maybe once. John Salley was definitely the weakest link, he mostly just sat there and laughed at the other's jokes.

Top Gear USA has proved to be much more entertaining, at least to me. My wife will watch TGUSA with me, as she finds it entertaining as well. Not so with The Car Show.

aziankingz
09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah, this show was ok at first, but started to lose its flare. I think it is annoying that they have so many segments which can be made longer and more interesting.. hopefully next season they improve a bit.

BustedS13
09-27-2011, 03:49 PM
i like it a lot, but i have a boner for Carolla. it's nice to have two decent car shows to watch now, and then british top gear.

LOUD240
09-27-2011, 04:03 PM
gotta love Corrolas car collection though

ryandriftingfat
09-27-2011, 04:35 PM
I've watched every episode; I hope it sticks around. It's definitely a Top Gear knockoff, made even more strange because the US Top Gear is doing reasonably well. Regardless, I'd rather have 2 car shows than 1, so thumbs up.

BustedS13
09-27-2011, 05:01 PM
I've watched every episode; I hope it sticks around. It's definitely a Top Gear knockoff, made even more strange because the US Top Gear is doing reasonably well. Regardless, I'd rather have 2 car shows than 1, so thumbs up.

Carolla was originally supposed to be one of the hosts on US Top Gear. weren't they saying it was going to be like Leno, AC, and Tim Allen, or was that just in my wettest of dreams? then shit got fucked and we got these jackoffs, but they're okay.

s14>integra
09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
^^ that would have beeeeeeeeeeen amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing if those 3 did it. Jay leno's car collection plus Corollas humor and add in Tim allen's man grunts. fuck..... thats tv gold.

superbike81
09-28-2011, 05:05 AM
I find that this show and most other car shows to be honest are at least good enough to watch. They may not be as entertaining as Top Gear UK, but as a car enthusiast, the more the better, even if most are just mediocre. I even watch shows like "CarFellas" just because I like cars that much.

do it sideways
09-28-2011, 07:35 AM
gotta love Corrolas car collection though

i know dang, datsuns for days!

MadScientist
09-28-2011, 09:25 AM
its not Bad... its like SportCenter meets TGUSA...

Corrolas ok... he actually knows his shit so that keeps me watching

Ferra is the middle man... opinions inserted here!!

Dan Neil... this guy knows his shit backwards and inside out

John Sally doesn't know shit about cars... I think he is the reason they keep doing these lame ass "look what this Athlete is driving today" segments... THANK YOU FOR LEAVING!!

TOP GEAR USA Pisses me off to no end sometimes!!
Tanner... I don't care what you have done or how much money people throw at you... you will never be cool!! Your the reason every car show (with you in it)... has failed!!

Rutledge Wood Owns You!!!!

BustedS13
09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
its not Bad... its like SportCenter meets TGUSA...

Corrolas ok... he actually knows his shit so that keeps me watching

Ferra is the middle man... opinions inserted here!!

Dan Neil... this guy knows his shit backwards and inside out

John Sally doesn't know shit about cars... I think he is the reason they keep doing these lame ass "look what this Athlete is driving today" segments... THANK YOU FOR LEAVING!!

TOP GEAR USA Pisses me off to no end sometimes!!
Tanner... I don't care what you have done or how much money people throw at you... you will never be cool!! Your the reason every car show (with you in it)... has failed!!

Rutledge Wood Owns You!!!!

didn't know they cut John Salley, that's GREAT news! he really sucked.

but i don't understand why everyone hates Tanner Faust so much. his "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" is incredibly annoying, but beyond that... i don't get it. he really won me over when he was doing donuts in that truck yelling "AMERICA!" over and over.

lucky7
09-28-2011, 09:46 AM
it's not very good, however, it shits all over TGUSA. those guys are the most worthless hosts any show could possibly use...

tanner has the personality of a fucking paper bag, yet, he's the best part about the show. that does not equate to anything good if you ask me.

silviaguy240
09-28-2011, 09:47 AM
I dont like TGUSA because that shit is soooo scripted. There's no feeling in that show its just monotone drivel that they're reading off the cue cards. they dont seem like car enthusiasts at all, just some dudes that got hired to do a car show. It has no character.

ManoNegra
09-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Wished they didn't beeped out Corolla's cussing
would make show epic

BustedS13
09-28-2011, 10:30 AM
I dont like TGUSA because that shit is soooo scripted. There's no feeling in that show its just monotone drivel that they're reading off the cue cards. they dont seem like car enthusiasts at all, just some dudes that got hired to do a car show. It has no character.

all the top gears are heavily scripted.

superbike81
09-29-2011, 12:35 PM
True, but it's not quite as obvious as TGUSA.

BustedS13
09-29-2011, 12:50 PM
True, but it's not quite as obvious as TGUSA.

i respectfully disagree.

drift_limo
09-29-2011, 05:15 PM
TGUSA should be cancelled, replace with "the car show". Just for the reason that, it seems more realistic in the sense that they actually drive cars and talk sh*t about the cars, TGUSA doesnt really do that.
IDK, I like "the car show" more, but UK Top Gear will always be king.

axiomatik
09-30-2011, 11:02 AM
ummm, why not give viewers a choice? Why in the world should one of them be cancelled? Is someome sitting in your living room with a gun to your head, forcing you to watch TGUSA? They aren't even on the same network. God, what a moronic comment.

DJDANGER24
09-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Im not picky like most people and I enjoy having a show about cars, its better than having no show about cars and getting stuck watching Jersey Shore or someshit like that. 3 shows about cars is heaven, even if your stuck watching Adam Corolla's old jokes or Tanner drifting the shit out of everything he gets his hands on. Its all entertaining and about cars.

Rabbi010
09-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Didn't read any of the thread BUT...

"The car show" makes my stomach cringe, i've only seen two episodes but omg. What's up with the topics they talk about? And the little fillers they throw in? They had a 2 minute segment of why adam corolla hates meter maids. And for a filler they had BMX champion and rally racer dave mirra race some guy around town drinking coffee. seriously?

I feel like Speed is trying to get shows to target the younger generation and it's not working. They need more entertainment and flavor to there shows. I can see them trying but it's not working. Very Bland

Top Gear USA I'm not a fan of either, but to each there own.

BustedS13
09-30-2011, 01:08 PM
but to each there own.

this annoys me more than Rutledge Wood

Rabbi010
09-30-2011, 01:39 PM
[edited and erased]

LOUD240
10-25-2011, 11:43 PM
funny that the show went from an hour long to a half hour and missing the former basketball player,guess he got tired of Corrola's jokes?

biggie
10-26-2011, 07:13 AM
funny that the show went from an hour long to a half hour and missing the former basketball player,guess he got tired of Corrola's jokes?
Producers booted him, not his decision.

Producers also thought the segments should be 2-3 minutes long. Intead of the nice 10-15 min stories. Horrible idea.

Z_Spool
10-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah, between the producers robbing the show of any worthwhile content, and Dan Neil constantly ramming 'alternative fuels' down everyone's throats, this show is dying.