PDA

View Full Version : Initial D Battles

Crab Walker
11-07-2003, 08:19 AM
What do you think was the greatest battle in all the Initial D series??? For me... I think it was between the 86 and the EG6. That was the only time I thought the 86 was gonna lose, when he did the gumtape match aginst the civic...

Dont know if this is a repost :confused: if not, what are you thoughts?

Burmonster
11-07-2003, 08:22 AM
OT.....?

aznpoopy
11-07-2003, 08:25 AM
definitely OT, but i think the best was the ae86 vs the fc3s down mount akina, or the first ryosuke takahashi battle. technique vs technique, a very drifter philosphy. :D plus crossing lines is pretty damn dangerous and dramatic! :eek:

hurleyboi514
11-07-2003, 08:45 AM
i like the FD vs R32 battle b/c i didnt know who was gonna win... the rest are a pretty easy guess...

mrmephistopheles
11-07-2003, 08:48 AM
o friggin t.

Steeles
11-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by hurleyboi514
i like the FD vs R32 battle b/c i didnt know who was gonna win... the rest are a pretty easy guess...

I agree you Knew the outcome of the everything takumi did. hell Bunta told you before hand. the FC versus the Evo though.. that was a gooood one.

and WhyTF are the expert levels on the vidgame so easy? even the pro driver I beat the first time I raced.. I had more trouble with Ryouske and the lil focker in the Blue Mr2

Crab Walker
11-07-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by hurleyboi514

Theres one thing I dident understand about that race... When it started raining, Nazakato put on his wipers and Keisuke dident...:confused:

Steeles
11-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Crab Walker
Theres one thing I dident understand about that race... When it started raining, Nazakato put on his wipers and Keisuke dident...:confused:

his 1337 skillz let him drift between the raindrops

nokeone
11-07-2003, 02:12 PM
i dunno about the battles..they were all good..lol..

but i was PISSED at Iketani (sp?) for not hittin that shit (girl with the sil-80) when he had the chance..i mean c'mon!!..she was a hottie..lol

aznpoopy
11-07-2003, 02:33 PM
steeles : LOL.

noke : hold up man, they might have gotten together in the never animated project D portion of the manga. i saw her on one of the covers and it seems like they never gave up hope of being reunited.

takumi is a pimp btw. god-like driving skills; not to mention sayuki and prostitute girl both want his ass... lucky bastard. :D

X-Iceman
11-07-2003, 02:33 PM
but i was PISSED at Iketani (sp?) for not hittin that shit (girl with the sil-80) when he had the chance..i mean c'mon!!..she was a hottie..lol

AGREE! I think my favorite was when Taki takes his friends 85 n beats those punks. what glory.

Anubis
11-07-2003, 03:17 PM
my fav was when takumi raced his mom. Oh wait that wasn't in the series..

Crab Walker
11-07-2003, 05:58 PM
The Ultimate battle would be Takumi vs Bunta!!! :eek: :bowdown:

kazuo
11-07-2003, 06:23 PM
"EDWIN" (Kai) vs Tofu Boy, in the Movie.

The Movie's the only one worth watching/owning IMHO.

:D

And come on... Iroha is the shit...

mistaanime
11-08-2003, 09:55 AM
i like the battle agaisnt the Sw20 vs the AE86, or the one with the sileightly:D

aznpoopy
11-08-2003, 03:12 PM
The Ultimate battle would be Takumi vs Bunta!!! :eek: :bowdown:

i believe they had that battle in the comic. takumi (trueno) vs bunta (impreza wrx). i think bunta won. :wtc:

Crab Walker
11-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by aznpoopy
definitely OT, but i think the best was the ae86 vs the fc3s down mount akina, or the first ryosuke takahashi battle. technique vs technique, a very drifter philosphy. :D plus crossing lines is pretty damn dangerous and dramatic! :eek:

Whats crossing lines mean?

Nismo200sx
11-09-2003, 02:55 PM
The Battle against the girls with the sil-80 is not bad either! I love Inital D, its great!

Havent seen anything else but the first season, my harddrive is too small hehe...think ille buy the rest on DVD iinstead!

//Nismo

fastpace
11-09-2003, 05:00 PM
ae86 vs. sw20

the whole series was great, just to short

zero.counter
11-09-2003, 06:07 PM
I don't know, never saw the cartoon.

vudoodrifter03
11-09-2003, 08:10 PM
best was when takumi vs. ae86 turbo.

it was like 5 rounds (so intense)
-A

STIwish
11-10-2003, 08:50 PM
i believe they had that battle in the comic. takumi (trueno) vs bunta (impreza wrx). i think bunta won. :wtc:

Actually he was driving a 2.5RS, but yeah, they did race.. however it looks like there might be a 4th Stage coming, their have been previews for it in Japan.

kazuo
11-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by STIwish
Actually he was driving a 2.5RS, but yeah, they did race.. however it looks like there might be a 4th Stage coming, their have been previews for it in Japan.

Source?

I would like to see it.

DRFT
11-11-2003, 01:32 AM
actually he was driving a WRX version 5 i believe, he raced him after a tofu delivery i think. takumi didn't even know it was him til Bunta told him.

Johny5
11-11-2003, 01:35 AM
4th series has been awaited for a year or more now.

def turbo vs na ae86

STIwish
11-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by DRFT
actually he was driving a WRX version 5 i believe, he raced him after a tofu delivery i think. takumi didn't even know it was him til Bunta told him.

You know, u might be right, I think it is an STI actually. Its been a while since i had read an overview of it.

aznpoopy
11-11-2003, 11:45 AM
Whats crossing lines mean?

crossing lines. i.e. racing lines, or the line you trace through the corner in this instance. in this case its a drifting line. when they intiate the drift u can't really change the angle of the drift that much, as your momentum is carrying you 'sideways' through the corner. hence takumi was behind ryosuke, and ryosuke blocked him out of the inside line, so takumi had to take the outside line. they started their drift together as usual, except takumi took a tighter line and ryosuke a wider line trying to block out takumi. so basically their drift lines 'crossed' and takumi came out in front.

i.e. takumi has godlike control and predicted that ryosuke would understeer. a miscalculation or bad timing would mean that he would crash right into ryosuke mid-drift.

brokenben
11-11-2003, 01:53 PM
crossing lines. i.e. racing lines, or the line you trace through the corner in this instance. in this case its a drifting line. when they intiate the drift u can't really change the angle of the drift that much, as your momentum is carrying you 'sideways' through the corner. hence takumi was behind ryosuke, and ryosuke blocked him out of the inside line, so takumi had to take the outside line. they started their drift together as usual, except takumi took a tighter line and ryosuke a wider line trying to block out takumi. so basically their drift lines 'crossed' and takumi came out in front.

i.e. takumi has godlike control and predicted that ryosuke would understeer. a miscalculation or bad timing would mean that he would crash right into ryosuke mid-drift.

sooo.. were supposta be impressed by that? pshhh.. hahaha i can do it... :rolleyes:

aznpoopy
11-11-2003, 02:05 PM
um... okay sure u can ;)

Stee Flo
11-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Havent seen the manga, but heard it was a wrx sti v5. There was never a 2.5rs in Japan i believe. I think you mean it was a
GC8 chassis. Takumi got owned i believe; It is Bunta after all!!
I personally liked the match up against the 86 and the also the mr2.

STIwish
11-11-2003, 07:59 PM
ur right, but there was an RS non-turbo in the GC8 body.. but yeah, it was probably an STI. Heh, I drove a modded 03 WRX until I totalled it after an auto-x a couple of weeks ago... opened the door for an S13 in the next month or so.

Crab Walker
11-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by vudoodrifter03
best was when takumi vs. ae86 turbo.

it was like 5 rounds (so intense)
-A

Yeah I like that battle to, but theres something I dident understand about the Turbo 86.

He said he shakes the bottom of the car with the steering column to compensate for the turbo lag :confused: Does that really work??? how :confused:

aznpoopy
11-12-2003, 11:35 AM
eh? never heard of that. you talking comic or anime? i've only watched that battle in the anime, never read it in the comic yet. maybe a bad translation? i DO remember someone mentioning steering adjustments to compensate for the instability the turbo causes when it kicks in. gotta go home and watch it now... :P

Crab Walker
11-12-2003, 11:44 AM
In the anime

Yeah I'm pretty shure Takahashi Ryosuke said it when he was explaining the difference of the two cars to Keisuke...

STIwish
11-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Takahashi explains that the 'rear end wiggle' as it leaves a turn is the drivers unique way of controlling such a unique machine... the turbo is actually spooling and the wiggle seems to be steering input to compensate the sudden boost as it exits corners, keeping it stable.

ONYX S-13
11-14-2003, 02:40 PM
I liked the battle between the the 86 and the MR-2.

Maeda
11-17-2003, 02:37 AM
That wiggle thing doesn't seem to work for me...

I enjoy watching any of the Ryosuke races...

Ok I admitted it... I'm an intial D whore! Are you happy now?

aznpoopy
11-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Maeda
That wiggle thing doesn't seem to work for me...

the wiggle is just minor countersteering inputs. he's not literally wiggling the tail end. its just threatening to go out and hes making little back and forth countersteering motions as it goes out either way. corner exit + big turbo = pain in the ass. basically its exactly as STI swoosh said.

initial d was such a cool anime though. i get teary when i hear the credit song from second stage. 'ah... tatakaku....' :wtc:

STIwish
11-17-2003, 12:47 PM
I too am an Initial D whore.. i love it, its an awesome anime imo.

pinoydrifter
11-19-2003, 01:12 PM
best id def. 86 vs turbo86.
2= 86 vs sil80
3= 86 vs mr2

ps initial d is the best, but why do the nissans always lose?:wtc:

pinoydrifter
11-19-2003, 01:12 PM
best id def. 86 vs turbo86.
2= 86 vs sil80
3= 86 vs mr2

ps initial d is the best, but why do the nissans always lose?:wtc:

Crab Walker
11-20-2003, 12:19 AM
initial d was such a cool anime though. i get teary when i hear the credit song from second stage. 'ah... tatakaku....' :wtc: [/B]

Yeah I agree. Initial D has such a strong story line for a anime about street racing. I defiantly enjoyed it :) .

And yeah that song "Kimi Ga Iru" almost brings a tear in my eye too :cry: . Wish I knew what they where singing about though :confused:.

fastpace
11-20-2003, 02:37 AM
Yeah I agree. Initial D has such a strong story line for a anime about street racing. I defiantly enjoyed it :) .

And yeah that song "Kimi Ga Iru" almost brings a tear in my eye too :cry: . Wish I knew what they where singing about though :confused:.

man, i also get teary eye when I hear that song in both the first and second stage. I have a friend watching it now and feel very jeolous of him. I think I am going to watch the series all over again when he is finish with it.

aznpoopy
11-20-2003, 07:11 AM
'kimi ga iru' is pretty relevant to 2nd stage and the movie. mogi leaves for tokyo and itsuki doesn't get the girl. love and loss. the last line 'kimi wa everlasting memory' pretty much sums it up. :cry:

CreAziaN
11-23-2003, 04:11 PM
the wiggle is just minor countersteering inputs. he's not literally wiggling the tail end. its just threatening to go out and hes making little back and forth countersteering motions as it goes out either way. corner exit + big turbo = pain in the ass. basically its exactly as STI swoosh said.

initial d was such a cool anime though. i get teary when i hear the credit song from second stage. 'ah... tatakaku....' :wtc:

Haha. Yeah! I love that song too...Song sounds so sad...I just had to download it :cry:

pinoydrifter
11-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Hey ... I love that song to! Where did you down load it from? I want it so bad:D Thanks- cheers

Crab Walker
11-23-2003, 06:17 PM
Search on kazaa. Click audio search and type in "Initial D". They got every song from the series. My favorite song is "No one sleep in tokyo". Its the song at the end of the first episode where the 86 beats the pants of the FD for the first time. That song is tyte :D .

I also like the song when Takumi leaves to go race the r32, and Kenji and Iketani in the s13 try to keep up with him on the up hill but get completely left :). "My only star" is the name of that song.

CreAziaN
11-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by pinoydrifter
Hey ... I love that song to! Where did you down load it from? I want it so bad:D Thanks- cheers

On Kazaa:

Galla - Kimi ga Iru

If you can't find it, email me your AIM and I'll send it to you through there:cool: