PDA

View Full Version : What did your nismo motor mounts look like?

RBS14
11-07-2003, 12:05 AM
Just wondering from those of you who have bought them in the past. I finally got mine 2 months after I ordered them from nismo-parts.com. On a side note I would not recommend buying from them!

But anyways, they look to be painted over in this cheap shiny black paint. Looks like they were taped off then painted quicly. Are they all like this? I'm just wondering because nismo-parts.com seems very shady to me so at this point i wouldn't put it past them to buy stock mounts and sell them to me as nismo units. I would hope they are Nismo mounts but they don't say nismo anywhere on them or have any indication besides the boxes they came in that they are nismo mounts. Just checking.

Thanks in advance.

mrmephistopheles
11-07-2003, 12:11 AM
nismo mounts look like stock mounts.

Flybert
11-07-2003, 01:00 AM
I just got mine from nismo-parts.com yesterday. It was really hard to get a hold of them on the phone for a while. It took mine only a week and a half to get them because I actually called them to find out when they'd be in stock. I noticed that mine smelled like paint and left marks in the box too. I think they are nismo and I base this off of absolutely nothing. Actually, mav1728 (sp?) from freshalloy mentioned that the outer coating on these is harder than stock and mine seem pretty hard so I'm just going to assume.

mrmephistopheles
11-07-2003, 01:13 AM
http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2motorsports/nisenmoun.html

sykikchimp
11-07-2003, 08:56 AM
looks like they should have at least come in Nismo boxes...

mrmephistopheles
11-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by RBS14
I would hope they are Nismo mounts but they don't say nismo anywhere on them or have any indication besides the boxes they came in that they are nismo mounts.

What, Charles? :D

sykikchimp
11-07-2003, 10:22 AM
doh...... :bash: :bash:

I totally read that wrong.

nokeone
11-07-2003, 11:47 AM
when are you installing?..having it done or are we doing this in the garage?..and by garage i mean my driveway in the rain?..lol..:p

rain drift time!!!!!!!!

goodjuan
11-07-2003, 01:30 PM
yah i had the same feeling when i got my nismo mounts... "these don't appear to be all that special"

but then after i got the motor out of my front clip, i found that i could move the stock sr mount very easily with my hand. then i bolted in the nismo mount and tried moving it-much much harder. with the stock mount.

You won't totally know the diff until you get to feelin some stock mounts. In any case, i think 200 is a bit steep for these pieces. But what do i know about the costs of making a motor mount.

lilredstiffy
11-07-2003, 01:32 PM
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=11210-RS540

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=11220-RS540

I would suggest Courtesy, I ordered the whole set (left, right, and tranny) and received it maybe in a couple days. Price seemed pretty fair to everywhere else, and *ssh* don't tell them, but they sent me two of the transmission mounts by mistake so I got to sell one and get a little money back. :coolugh:

Fastback180
11-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Uhhhhh...they look black....like stock mounts.....And they came in black nismo boxes......And yeah they do kinda have that rubberized paint job that's all sh*tty.

RBS14
11-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Thank you all......... I appreciate it.