PDA

View Full Version : Want to pick up a used dirtbike-suggestions?

rancid240
11-05-2003, 11:39 PM
I want a 250cc, looking to spend around $2000, or more like $1500 haha. Couple questions:

What is all this "green sticker" crap? Is a bike with a green sticker that expires in 2005 better for my wallet than one that expires in 2004?

What makes and models do you recommend i buy/stay away from?

Keep in mind this will be my first bike...aka total newb. Also what kind of maintenance costs should i budget for?

Good questions to ask sellers so i dont look like a total retard?

One more thing, I am going to be hauling the bike with the 240...any suggestions on small trailers? I live in apartments and have no space for one...but I still want to get a bike. I have been looking at a single frame single bike trailer...they send them dissassembled, so i figure i can dissassemble it after a weekend and keep it in my apartment or next to the car...sounds like thats gonna suck taking apart every time i ride.:rolleyes:

Brian
11-05-2003, 11:49 PM
honda cr250 yummmmmmm.
green sticker alows you to ride without getting in trouble. dont get caught without it.
its gonna be difficult to haul with a 240. a truck would be 135 times easier.

zenki03
11-06-2003, 07:50 AM
If i were you...i would stick with a 4-stroke if you are just getting into it. My friend has a 2-stroke...always in the shop.

rancid240
11-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by yeswepromise
honda cr250 yummmmmmm.
green sticker alows you to ride without getting in trouble. dont get caught without it.
its gonna be difficult to haul with a 240. a truck would be 135 times easier.

makes me miss my old nissan truck...wish i hadnt eaten that curb :(

Startours7
11-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Ya CR250 is the way to go.
If you want to believe it or not Honda makes good stuff
On the otherhand my buddy has a yz250(yahmaha(i can't spell))
that bike is fucking sweat it has the smoothest powerband I have ever seen. I don't know about how long it will last aginst the honda though.

P.S. I have another friend with a cr125. That might be a better bike for a beginer.
P.S.S. He pulls it on a small trailer with his 87 civic hatch si.
Now thats funny.