PDA

View Full Version : vaccum delete wont idle

single_slam_ka
07-07-2011, 06:28 PM
so i did a vaccum delete on my ka and it wont idle well it will stay on idle sometimes but rough and when it does its above 1600rpm ive tried to look at everythin and even changed my iacv with a workin one still does the same thing .any words of wisdom?

iamtheyi
07-07-2011, 06:36 PM
how would the iacv change anything? you deleted the vacuum... you can't even have leaks. Adjust your TPS.

Deleting the vacuum... shit... gj buddy.

ATLspeed
07-07-2011, 06:47 PM
if you did, only vacuum lines you should have are:

- brake booster
- fpr

With this method you would crack your throttle body open using the little screw on the throttle body.

*since you still have IACV then you may have deleted something you shouldnt have.

single_slam_ka
07-07-2011, 10:03 PM
iiacv too see if my car would idle and yes all i have is the brake booster and fpr i did all of this according to a forum i found. and i did not kno i can crack it open .i knew i was able to do this on my sentra. but ok i will try that .but what did u mean by still have my iacv?can i just take it off?

bb4_96
07-08-2011, 10:24 AM
you still need iacv to get metered air. you should also check your caps to make sure they are all snug.

single_slam_ka
07-08-2011, 09:54 PM
ok thaqnks man ill check that out because the only way i have to idle at all is either hold the gas at a red light or adjust my throttle cable. but i really want it to idle on its own