PDA

View Full Version : Nistune question

Yousefelk
07-07-2011, 09:09 AM
hey guys, i have a s13 sr20det blacktop that i recently upgraded my turbo to a gt2871r, and got 740cc injectors, and a z32 maf. now i all need was the tuning. so i went ahead and bought a nistune (type 3 board). so when i tell my friend all this he tells me my motor is not going to last long because of the nistune. he told me that i should have gotten a standalone like power fc. so my question was is a nistune reliable to support 330-350 hp dailyed? thanks

sean350z
07-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Don't listen to that garbage...your friend is full of shit

If setup, scaled, and tuned correctly Nistune will run an engine capable of high horsepower numbers that are dependent on MAF capabilities (ie. Z32 500hp).

To answer your question...yes it's perfect for a 350whp car.

The tune is what will destroy your engine, not the computer.

Yousefelk
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Thats what i tried telling him. im getting my car fully tuned and dynoed by a professional. im hoping to get good numbers . thanks for the clarification

codyace
07-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Don't listen to that garbage...your friend is full of shit
The tune is what will destroy your engine, not the computer.

Well said Sean!

PS: Sunroof still works well :D

Def
07-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Nistune doesn't "control" your engine, it's just a flashable daughterboard with additional functions. That's basically saying the stock ECU can't control your engine properly...

Seriously, where do these kids get this crap these days?

s14unimog
07-08-2011, 02:26 PM
That's good stuff... He must know NOTHING about Nistune if he told you that. If it makes you feel any better, or you don't believe the three above me. I'm making over 400 at the wheels on my SR with a Nistune system; even though that has nothing to do with the capability of the control system. With a bit of guidance it took my tuner all of 15mins to get comfortable with the interface. Just make sure you use the correct address files, set up the injector multipliers correctly and know how to get the computer to communicate consistently and you can just hand the laptop over. I think the system scares people b/c its not as common as some other systems and the owner/installer must have some proficiency with the communication setup. Stay up on their releases and make sure you read the instructions before updating. I've never had an issue with mine.

Yousefelk
07-08-2011, 03:59 PM
OK man that's awesome. i was a little worried at first, but now i know that its good enough to handle it.

LayNLow
07-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Who is telling you this shit yousef? Dont be shy to ask around bro, there are knowledgeable people here in the area that will answer your questions.