PDA

View Full Version : S13 DCC Using Maxima Blend Door Actuator

240sxConvert
07-04-2011, 11:32 AM
So I recently aquired an S13 Digital Climate Control in a trade with a friend and he had all of the sensors from a Nissan Maxima which will work. He also had a blend door actuator from a Maxima with no linkage at all. I knew that you needed the S13 Silvia blend door actuator but I accepted the trade anyways and attempted to find one online, which I later found to be impossible. They are pretty hard to get a hold of. I ended up doing the install and used the Maxima actuator and got it working 100%. I do not know if this has been done before or not but I did not find anything on it yet so I thought I might do a write up on it if anyone is interested. Let me know...the best part about it is if the actuator ever goes out, you still may be able to get one if not discontinued from Nissan, if so that's what junk yards are for I guess...

Propaganda
07-04-2011, 12:09 PM
**interest

AutechKouki
07-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Do it! I have a dcc and sensors, but the blend boor IS impossible to find.

KrazyS13
07-06-2011, 09:39 PM
I'd like to see a write up on this..

Mishkin_707
07-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Please do the write up, I need to do this.

240sxConvert
07-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Ok...now that I see there is some interest in this I will write one. I will not have before pics but it really wasn't that hard. You should be able to see what I did just from the pictures I will take. There are also a few things that I bought from O'Reilly auto parts and if I still have them I will include part numbers as well...hopefully I will take the pics tonight...

240sxConvert
07-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Ok...so I took some pictures of the actuator after it was all done. I did not take pictures of the before or during the install because I did not know I was going to do this write up. Anyways, all I had was the actuator assembly - no linkage at all. First thing I had to do was to make some sort of a lever to move the blend door. I found a door lock piece in a kit at O'Reilly auto parts. The part number for this kit is 75473 Dorman HELP brand. I then drilled a hole to mount the lever to the actuator. This may take some time - be patient you don't want to drill the hole too big. After that I mounted the lever to the actuator - you want full hot to be close to one of the bolt holes and full cold close to the other bolt hole. You may need to hook up the actuator for the vehicle to make sure the lever is mounted in the right location. The connector plugs right into the S13 DCC. Note: You must go into diagnostic mode for the DCC to actually go into full hot and full cold. 41=full cold 43=full hot. I was going to try to mount the actuator below the dash but decided to go a different route. The reason I did this is I wanted all of the HVAC panels to go back like original - passenger side floor panel mainly. I utilized the factory cable assembly and modified it. I changed the end to make it fit around a bolt and also cut some of the outer cable shield off. The bolt I used - part number 444330. You can look at the pictures to see how I mounted the cable. I ran it underneath that bracket on the passenger side and zip tied it. If the cable is not secured the whole cable tries to move. Look at the pictures and if you have any questions feel free to ask. It may take some time to get the cable just where you want it but it works perfect for me - at least better than trying to find a JDM actuator forever. The actuator does clear my stereo by probably 2mm BTW.

This may not be the best way to do this - It may be improved on but it works for me and no one else had any info on this, feel free to improve on this guys. Also I believe this actuator is from a 1991 Maxima.

jhon-s13
01-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Ok...so I took some pictures of the actuator after it was all done. I did not take pictures of the before or during the install because I did not know I was going to do this write up. Anyways, all I had was the actuator assembly - no linkage at all. First thing I had to do was to make some sort of a lever to move the blend door. I found a door lock piece in a kit at O'Reilly auto parts. The part number for this kit is 75473 Dorman HELP brand. I then drilled a hole to mount the lever to the actuator. This may take some time - be patient you don't want to drill the hole too big. After that I mounted the lever to the actuator - you want full hot to be close to one of the bolt holes and full cold close to the other bolt hole. You may need to hook up the actuator for the vehicle to make sure the lever is mounted in the right location. The connector plugs right into the S13 DCC. Note: You must go into diagnostic mode for the DCC to actually go into full hot and full cold. 41=full cold 43=full hot. I was going to try to mount the actuator below the dash but decided to go a different route. The reason I did this is I wanted all of the HVAC panels to go back like original - passenger side floor panel mainly. I utilized the factory cable assembly and modified it. I changed the end to make it fit around a bolt and also cut some of the outer cable shield off. The bolt I used - part number 444330. You can look at the pictures to see how I mounted the cable. I ran it underneath that bracket on the passenger side and zip tied it. If the cable is not secured the whole cable tries to move. Look at the pictures and if you have any questions feel free to ask. It may take some time to get the cable just where you want it but it works perfect for me - at least better than trying to find a JDM actuator forever. The actuator does clear my stereo by probably 2mm BTW.

This may not be the best way to do this - It may be improved on but it works for me and no one else had any info on this, feel free to improve on this guys. Also I believe this actuator is from a 1991 Maxima.

Can you take o putted more better picture plz bcs I can not see nothing so I can finished my swap dcc whit you project