PDA

View Full Version : music preferences

ShortGuy622
11-04-2003, 06:00 PM
hey i was wondering what kind of music everyone liked, to see if 240 owners have similar tastes. just wonderin. personally my faves for the past few months have been Tiesto and George Acosta(trance for those of you who didnt know)

zombieman
11-04-2003, 06:10 PM
ROCK!, if isn't rock then i won't crank it up to the max. I wanna get some Disturbed going on...."Down with the sickness"

Powashiftin
11-04-2003, 06:11 PM
www.tempusband.com

Thats my band

matlock
11-04-2003, 07:14 PM
Outside of the car I am all aobut punk rock, especially older stuff like Operation Ivy, but when I am in the 240 crusing...I am all about Japanese Techno......maybe because then I can pretend I am Takumi from Initial D. haha....hey at least I am honest. I live in the woods so I get to take some hilly backroads home and I crank up "Space Boy" or something and drift it up.

nocomedown
11-04-2003, 07:31 PM
coldplay, travis, the verve, oasis, led zeppelin

should be OT too:D

Kreator
11-04-2003, 08:12 PM
metal.... as heavy as it gets

and wtf is this thread doing here? Kevin not doing his job again :nono:

Burmonster
11-04-2003, 08:18 PM
OT.....?

I pretty much listen to anything. I like music for the simple fact that its music.

DoriftoSlut
11-04-2003, 08:26 PM
All about Bob, Ziggy, Braddah IZ, Big Every Time, Black Eyed Peas, Outkast, Rage, Madonna Immaculate Collection, and 8-Ball (Need For Speed).

Matt_240
11-04-2003, 08:31 PM
to me good music = good music no matter what type.. it could be country, pop, gospel, electronic, rock, alternative whatever. but my preference is for rock, alternative, and electronic music (namely progressive house and trance). fav. djs for electronic music are dave seaman, nick warren, deep dish, max graham, all those global underground people.. donald glaude (just because hes so badass at hyping up the crowd), badboy bill.. fav. producer will have to be James Holden. this man is brilliant.. if you want to get lost in music.. listen to tracks he produced. itll make you smile. :cool:

nocomedown
11-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Matt_240
fav. djs for electronic music are dave seaman, nick warren, deep dish, max graham, all those global underground people..
as in the same David Seaman who plays goalkeeper for team England??

hookedup240
11-04-2003, 09:23 PM
not really like you guys...just rap for me. I mostly like the mixtape unreleased scene.

mrmephistopheles
11-04-2003, 09:25 PM
WRONG FORUM! I'M BANNING YOU ALL!!!!

nocomedown
11-04-2003, 09:31 PM
yes!! it's about time somebody stops my spreading of crap on here.

Matt_240
11-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by nocomedown
as in the same David Seaman who plays goalkeeper for team England??

nope i doubt it. dave seaman is 24/7 worldwide dj. eh... i guess noones feeling me on progressive trance/house huh?

tsunami0ne
11-04-2003, 11:31 PM
to me good music = good music no matter what type.. it could be country, pop, gospel, electronic, rock, alternative whatever. but my preference is for rock, alternative, and electronic music (namely progressive house and trance). fav. djs for electronic music are dave seaman, nick warren, deep dish, max graham, all those global underground people.. donald glaude (just because hes so badass at hyping up the crowd), badboy bill.. fav. producer will have to be James Holden. this man is brilliant.. if you want to get lost in music.. listen to tracks he produced. itll make you smile. :cool:

don't forget man of the moment, Luke Chable. Balance 005 is pure bliss.

tsunami0ne
11-04-2003, 11:32 PM
nope i doubt it. dave seaman is 24/7 worldwide dj. eh... i guess noones feeling me on progressive trance/house huh?

everyone would rather listen to Paul Oakenfold.... or DJ Tiesto... or BT *shudder*

Matt_240
11-04-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by tsunami0ne
everyone would rather listen to Paul Oakenfold.... or DJ Tiesto... or BT *shudder*

everyone? speak for yourself buddy. paul oakenfold is overrated. i dont like his mixing, track selection, or songs he's produced. tiesto is just a trance anthem mixer. bleh.

but BT.. now hes the man... along with James Holden.

Luke Chable - i'll look into him. never heard of him. is he upand coming dj? ive been out of the scene for about 6-8 months now.

tsunami0ne
11-05-2003, 12:10 AM
everyone? speak for yourself buddy. paul oakenfold is overrated. i dont like his mixing, track selection, or songs he's produced. tiesto is just a trance anthem mixer. bleh.

but BT.. now hes the man... along with James Holden.

Luke Chable - i'll look into him. never heard of him. is he upand coming dj? ive been out of the scene for about 6-8 months now.

yep, oakenfold, judge jules, tiesto, etc. they're all... not very good.

Have u heard BT's new album? It's horrid. He took a giant step backwards with that one IMO.

Luke Chable is an Australian breaks producer who has just recently started producing more progressivehouse sounding stuff... examples are: PQM - U R Sleeping (Luke Chable mixes), Sasha - Cloud Cuckoo (Chable mix), Luke Chable and Jono Fernandez - Before you break on me

Right now he is collaborating with James Holden on a new track.

if you've been out of the scene for 6 months, then u probably dont realize James Holden has a 2CD mix out in Australia. Balance 005. Very nice.

RoNiN240sx
11-05-2003, 12:14 AM
never really got into trance. don't think i'm patient enough hehe, some of those songs take forever to get going, alotta my friends are though, so i've heard plenty of it. personally i like any music that's good, right now i'm hella feelin coldplay and outkast. so whatever's clever.

Bliss
11-05-2003, 12:23 AM
Mainly rock or rap...

at this moment, the new outkast, new obie trice, old Tool, disturbed, pepper (never heard of em till yesterday, pretty cool tho), various rap like ying yang twins, lil jon and the eastside boyz, E-40 (can't forget the hometown stuff), etc..

Matt_240
11-05-2003, 12:37 AM
yep, oakenfold, judge jules, tiesto, etc. they're all... not very good.

Have u heard BT's new album? It's horrid. He took a giant step backwards with that one IMO.

Luke Chable is an Australian breaks producer who has just recently started producing more progressivehouse sounding stuff... examples are: PQM - U R Sleeping (Luke Chable mixes), Sasha - Cloud Cuckoo (Chable mix), Luke Chable and Jono Fernandez - Before you break on me

Right now he is collaborating with James Holden on a new track.

if you've been out of the scene for 6 months, then u probably dont realize James Holden has a 2CD mix out in Australia. Balance 005. Very nice.

wow..have i been out that long? dammit.. well, haven't heard BTs new one. i liked ima. yeah, i just read up on luke. didn't know holden came out with another cd. im going to have to get that one. you a dj? or just a prog. head?

Steeles
11-05-2003, 07:23 AM
I'll listen to anything but country. mostly rap some rock and every now and then some JDM jazz (cowboy bebop box set ownz joo) on the track I gotta break out the Gran Turismo 2 CD. the theme song rul3z

tsunami0ne
11-05-2003, 11:15 AM
wow..have i been out that long? dammit.. well, haven't heard BTs new one. i liked ima. yeah, i just read up on luke. didn't know holden came out with another cd. im going to have to get that one. you a dj? or just a prog. head?

http://www.hybridized.org/sets/?id=85

you can listen to some of Luke Chable's recent breaks productions on this set(sound quality is good). I'm an ex-DJ and ex-prog. head... I haven't bought any mix CDs since Bedrock 3(which sucks) came out. Right now I'm currently listening to a lot of synth rock :rolleyes: aka videogame music from Thunderforce 4,5 , Lords of Thunder, etc. The only way I'm able to keep up with the latest prog releases is through www.progressive-sounds.com . ... and of course Soulseek :D

whateverjames
11-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Metal
Jazz
Electronic (no cheese trance)

SilviaNinja240
11-05-2003, 06:38 PM
www.shoutcast.com

I usually listen to the euro techno channel or the 80s channel

Matt_240
11-05-2003, 09:55 PM
http://www.hybridized.org/sets/?id=85

you can listen to some of Luke Chable's recent breaks productions on this set(sound quality is good). I'm an ex-DJ and ex-prog. head... I haven't bought any mix CDs since Bedrock 3(which sucks) came out. Right now I'm currently listening to a lot of synth rock :rolleyes: aka videogame music from Thunderforce 4,5 , Lords of Thunder, etc. The only way I'm able to keep up with the latest prog releases is through www.progressive-sounds.com . ... and of course Soulseek :D

cool. thanks man. synth rock eh? interesting.. i was into djing for a few years. then i got a 240 (go figure). but i decided i cant do both (work on car and buy records every week) so i had to choose one. plan to finish suspension and exterior and then goin back to the record collection. =)

ratm
11-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Steeles
I'll listen to anything but country. mostly rap some rock and every now and then some JDM jazz (cowboy bebop box set ownz joo) on the track I gotta break out the Gran Turismo 2 CD. the theme song rul3z

The music from Cowboy Bebop is good stuff. The cartoon is good and the music makes it even better. I usually just listen to rock and rap. Lately though i have been listening to more rap like Outkast, Kanye West and Pitch Black.

Startours7
11-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Zepplin, hendrix, Doors, Allman Bros, Little Feat, Sun House, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Tom Petty, Alice in Chains, Janis Jopplen, STP, Old Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden(Tempel of the dog), A hole lote of other stuff, Southbound(My band).
Music is the key to life.
No matter what kind.
Life without music,
Is no life at all.

omen2853
11-06-2003, 11:45 AM
i like dj shadow, dj krush, the roots, radiohead, zepplin, hendrix, miles davis,squrepusher, some of 4hero, the shadow masters, heiroglyphics....im all over the place. good music is good music.

on a side note...why is it that sometimes offtopic discussion like this one on music have people saying OT? isnt this where it belongs? in the off topic section? i didnt see any subcatagories of off topic chat.

hookedup240
11-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by omen2853

on a side note...why is it that sometimes offtopic discussion like this one on music have people saying OT? isnt this where it belongs? in the off topic section? i didnt see any subcatagories of off topic chat.

I think it may have been started in chat that's why people are saying OT to move it.

bobmeindertsma
11-06-2003, 12:44 PM
absolutely everything but country, polka, jazz

tsunami0ne
11-06-2003, 03:25 PM
cool. thanks man. synth rock eh? interesting.. i was into djing for a few years. then i got a 240 (go figure). but i decided i cant do both (work on car and buy records every week) so i had to choose one. plan to finish suspension and exterior and then goin back to the record collection. =)

damn, everyone's a DJ nowadays:D ya record collecting is almost as expensive as modifying a car. same reason why i quit.

Matt_240
11-06-2003, 03:41 PM
damn, everyone's a DJ nowadays:

yea.. just like how everyone has a 240 nowdays. but not everyone is a good dj...takes a lotta time to perfect mixing.

Warwick5s
11-08-2003, 01:31 AM
i like anything, as long as it's good. i've been listening to this awesome charlie parker 3 cd set, the mars volta's new cd, dismemberment plan, rush, van halen, jurassic 5, talib kweli, youngblood brass band, roots manuva, queens of the stone age, flaming lips, the new flecktones cd, jamiroquai, jeff buckley...etc etc etc...

i'll play anything as long as it's good too (or at least, if i have fun playing it.) i play bass in a 9 piece funk band, an indie-prog-jazz-rock band, a metal band, a jazz big band, and a few smaller jazz combos. woot.

s14slide
11-08-2003, 10:34 AM
When driving to and from anywhere, I like rock. Down, dirty and heavy as lead. Now when it comes to hard driving, I like to turn it all off including the dash lights (rely on shift light), and listen to the sweet sound of my engine/exhaust/intake and the sound of my tires howling at their limit. Took my wife out for a spirited drive on one of my fav roads the other night. Her first time, she loved it.

projectmayhem
11-12-2003, 02:59 PM
anyone ever heard of Mindless Self Indulgence? they cant be classified into one genre, they're are just an insane mix of 3 or 4. go download some. its like punk(real stuff - old school, not that emo crap) /dj/metal/screaming/with a bit of 80s type melody once in a while. if you dont hear them, you miss out, there just awesom.

ZOLTAN
11-13-2003, 01:59 PM
My roots are in metal.
But, I listen to everything except rap, country and pop.
In general, 95% of the music I listen to is small-label/independent music. I tend not to have much love for mainstream.

.Eddie.

russian
11-15-2003, 11:02 AM
ummmm just a few of what me like

Paul Oakenfold, judge Jules, Crystal method, Aphrodyte, Andy C, Diesel Boy, Dj Crush, Dj Hybrid, Dj Micro, Dj Tiesto, Dj Armin van buuren, John Degweed, most definately the Juno Reactor, Lunatic Calm, Tall Paul, Dj Fuse, Mars And Mystre, Frequency8, PPK, Sasha, Deepdish, BT, Fluke.

theres so many this could take a long time lol.:axe:

Zemus
11-15-2003, 11:10 AM
80's ! Anything 80's! Billy Idol! Queen, styx journey!

Also i love rock, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, all that good stuff

Matt_240
11-16-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by russian
ummmm just a few of what me like

Paul Oakenfold, judge Jules, Crystal method, Aphrodyte, Andy C, Diesel Boy, Dj Crush, Dj Hybrid, Dj Micro, Dj Tiesto, Dj Armin van buuren, John Degweed, most definately the Juno Reactor, Lunatic Calm, Tall Paul, Dj Fuse, Mars And Mystre, Frequency8, PPK, Sasha, Deepdish, BT, Fluke.

theres so many this could take a long time lol.:axe:

imo you went from like shitty...to good....to shitty...to good...to shitty. lol! what a wide range of djs and genres of music. itd be even better if you got to know the producers of the records/songs they play. I know oakenfold produces a bit but it sucks...well to me. crystal meth is good... Aphrodyte is hardcore d&b right? not into that so i wouldn't know...same with Diesel boy. Tiesto and Armin are ok at producing...too much of that peak time melodic crap. Digweed is great. Deepdish is great. Bt is great though I finally did get to check out his latest album and it sucked. Fuse is cool..i dont think he produced anything yet but i could be wrong. Lunatic calm ive never heard of... . Mars and Mystre....the great californian trance hype. they suck balls and they're record label Frequency 8 sucks...to me again. Sasha is great.
What are you into? everything? its hard to believe you enjoy listening to Judge Jules and Tall paul on one end and Deep Dish and Digweed on the other. Judge Jules and Tall Paul spin crap to me and Deep Dish and Digweed compile and mix some of the greatest tracks. ah well...

russian
11-16-2003, 08:37 AM
imo you went from like shitty...to good....to shitty...to good...to shitty. lol! what a wide range of djs and genres of music. itd be even better if you got to know the producers of the records/songs they play. I know oakenfold produces a bit but it sucks...well to me. crystal meth is good... Aphrodyte is hardcore d&b right? not into that so i wouldn't know...same with Diesel boy. Tiesto and Armin are ok at producing...too much of that peak time melodic crap. Digweed is great. Deepdish is great. Bt is great though I finally did get to check out his latest album and it sucked. Fuse is cool..i dont think he produced anything yet but i could be wrong. Lunatic calm ive never heard of... . Mars and Mystre....the great californian trance hype. they suck balls and they're record label Frequency 8 sucks...to me again. Sasha is great.
What are you into? everything? its hard to believe you enjoy listening to Judge Jules and Tall paul on one end and Deep Dish and Digweed on the other. Judge Jules and Tall Paul spin crap to me and Deep Dish and Digweed compile and mix some of the greatest tracks. ah well...

i like different things from drum and B to trance. thats why its different.and F8 didnt suck, its great to mix. its hard to find in vinyl. i got into mixin shit with digital tables/ fruity loops about a year ago thats why my tastes constantly change. but its not a bad thing.....;)

Matt_240
11-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by russian
its great to mix.

Cause its probably easy to mix

its hard to find in vinyl.

just go to their site.
http://www.f8gear.com/default.php?cPath=27

dvdevo
11-17-2003, 02:28 AM
i basicly listen to a little bit of everything. I;m a huge trance fan, such as paul van dyk, armin van buurren, tiesto, all the others i forgot. I LOVE AFI they freaken rule.. some pop punk stuff and other alternative that i dont know how to catogorize, mest, nfg, linkin park, taking back sunday, audioslave, blah blah ... chinese pop, like nicholas tse and jay chow. Rap would be eminem and tupac mainly. I try to be open.

No Motiv
11-17-2003, 08:31 PM
it changes often but i like... Thursday, Sparta, Saves the Day (they suck now), but yes i do have the stupid trance side! ATB, Safri Duo... then just mad skilled DJ'S, Q-bert (I B-boyed with him at the DMC's, The u.s Finals were in D.C this year)Dj squints, Masta Lee, Inferno, DJ Spades, and CAMEL PASTE

i also like the sound of my car...better than music
:boink:

No Motiv
11-17-2003, 08:32 PM
it changes often but i like... Thursday, Sparta, Saves the Day (they suck now), but yes i do have the stupid trance side! ATB, Safri Duo... then just mad skilled DJ'S, Q-bert (I B-boyed with him at the DMC's, The u.s Finals were in D.C this year)Dj squints, Masta Lee, Inferno, DJ Spades, and CAMEL PASTE

i also like the sound of my car...better than music