PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Revolutions!

revat619
11-03-2003, 11:45 PM
Ok, so who here, like me, is a huge matrix fan and is going to see Revolutions on wednesday, the day it comes out? I already bought my tickets on fandango for wednesday at 10:30pm! C'mon guys/girls come clean, i know im not the only one!

So who's going?!?!

I cant wait!!!

mrmephistopheles
11-03-2003, 11:46 PM
:raises hand:

I wonder if i can get fandango tix for the theatre i wanna goto (Mira Mesa 18)

BeatJunky
11-03-2003, 11:47 PM
<---Already purchased tickets to Marcus Theater in Addison,IL at the IMAX on Wednesday night!:w00t:

KiDyNomiTe
11-04-2003, 12:36 AM
It comes out on IMAX right away? Hmm theres an IMAX theater like 5 minutes from me:)

BeatJunky
11-04-2003, 12:40 AM
I said i bought the tix for IMAX on wednesday foo! $9.50!:D:D:D:D

SlideStar
11-04-2003, 12:49 AM
I think the theater by my place is showing it tuesday
at midnight, :DI'm going to try and see that one cuz
I work wednsday .

DRFT
11-04-2003, 01:36 AM
haha didnt even know it was coming out:o

NeLO aNgeLO
11-04-2003, 02:20 AM
:aw: im going too. i love matrix it was the first dvd i ever owned back in the day. got the figures and all hehe. and remember THERE IS NO SPOON :D -dave

radhaz
11-04-2003, 06:52 AM
The matrix reloaded was a decent movie in the standard theatre, but when I saw it at the imax it was a fantastic movie. Sadly the nearest imax is over an hour away so I will have to wait to drive up to see it.

aznpoopy
11-04-2003, 07:52 AM
i was pretty dissapointed by reloaded. me and my gf are going to see revolutions after work on wednesday. i hope its going to be good... the said reloaded was bad cuz it was setting up revolutions, so it better be worth it!

RoNiN240sx
11-04-2003, 02:33 PM
yah reloaded was a bit of a disappointment. i mean imo, it was a good movie, but it certainly didn't live up to all the hype. from the review i'm reading and hearing of revolutions, it should be one hell of a movie. whereas reloaded was filled with a buncha gibberish and dialogue, revoluions is alot more action and fx, so they're like opposites. alotta the reviews complained that there wasn't enough focus on the characters, but i dunno, this movie looks like it's gonna be pretty awesome.

exitspeed
11-04-2003, 03:19 PM
damn I have to wait until thur to see it becasue I have to wirk on wed. For revolutions i took off, but theres no way i can get off tomarrow. I'd really like to see it at an ImAX. Usually I go see new movies on the ultra screen, which is pretty big.

nokeone
11-04-2003, 04:01 PM
:aw:

can't wait...

Anubis
11-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Reloaded sucked, but revolutions looks really cool :boink:

SimpleS14
11-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Going to see if I can watch it tommorrow at high noon (12pm).

knightrider
11-04-2003, 09:28 PM
i saw it this morning at about 2 am. good movie, hehe, but in the end when neo does the thing, aw man that was the best, haha. just messing, i wont ruin the movie for anyone, but its pretty good. hehe, its great to know every1 that works at the mira mesa 18 :D

NeLO aNgeLO
11-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by knightrider
i saw it this morning at about 2 am. good movie, hehe, but in the end when neo does the thing, aw man that was the best, haha. just messing, i wont ruin the movie for anyone, but its pretty good. hehe, its great to know every1 that works at the mira mesa 18 :D

i know how u feel. i know a bunch of people at ultrastar theater in chula vista :D -dave

fliprayzin240sx
11-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by knightrider

For a second there I was bout to jump into my car and drive out to SD just to KICK YO ASS!!! Yah imma go see it with my girl today when i get off work. I didnt like Reloaded either...just cuz it just seems like it lagged. But lookin at the trailers...seems like all the actions on Revolution. I guess thats why its said *TO BE CONCLUDED* on the end instead of *to be continued*

Oh yah I got a couple of Questions from RELOADED
1. WHO THE HELL IS THE MOTHER OF THE MATRIX?!?!
2. So is there a matrix above the matrix???
-How the f*ck did SMITH get out???

SimpleS14
11-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Just saw the movie...I must say its OK. There is so much stuff I want to say about the movie, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. There were some ties to Jesus, as in previous movies, that are very obvious to point out. I have a headache now and I have alot of thoughts about the ending in my mind.

Anyways....good movie....four stars....its a must see.

I will NOT buy the triology package when it comes out.....I rather buy the one for Lord of The Rings.

SimpleS14
11-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by fliprayzin240sx
Oh yah I got a couple of Questions from RELOADED
1. WHO THE HELL IS THE MOTHER OF THE MATRIX?!?!
2. So is there a matrix above the matrix???
-How the f*ck did SMITH get out???

1) The oracle
2) Yes
3) Infested this one guy right when he was getting out of the Matrix

RoNiN240sx
11-05-2003, 02:31 PM
from what i've heard the wachowski brothers didn't cop out with the matrix within a matrix ending, if they did, man would i be pissed, that would be teh gayest ever. when you say a matrix above a matrix, do you mean the place with the trainman? cause i think that's supposed to be like a middleground right?

aznpoopy
11-05-2003, 09:09 PM
all i have to say is, thats a very unsatisfying ending, even though it did sort of wrap things up. i still have alot of questions and i still want to see more!!! grrr this must be intentional... animatrix 2? i hope so... :T

SimpleS14
11-05-2003, 09:49 PM
It seems as if with every movie they tone downed(is that a word?) the special effects and upped the rambling and lubby dubby scenes. It also appears that each movie has one big slow mo scene).

Matrix - Neo dodging the bullets
Reloaded - Two trucks colliding on the highway
Revolutions - Neo......... :D

Originally posted by aznpoopy
all i have to say is, thats a very unsatisfying ending, even though it did sort of wrap things up. i still have alot of questions and i still want to see more!!! grrr this must be intentional... animatrix 2? i hope so... :T

yes...the ending sucked...that's why I have many thoughts going on in my head....such as "what happened after *this* and *that*" (don't want to spoil the movie.

revat619
11-06-2003, 02:27 AM
I TOTALLY agree with you guys. The ending SUCKED. I'm definitely not satisfied. All i could say at the end was "What the hell was that? Thats it?"

But yeah, i hope they did that crap on purpose to make way for an Animatrix 2. Ah, oh well.....off to my thoughts to try and figure out what the hell it was that i just watched....

My review: Awesome special effects, good story, great action scenes, but WEAK ending.

NeLO aNgeLO
11-06-2003, 02:45 AM
just came back from ultrastar. i liked the movie a lot. the special effects were crazy as hell. the ending was alright. i do wish they could have gone more into the.....nevermind i dont want to mess it up :D anyways great movie-dave

SimpleS14
11-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by RoNiN240sx
when you say a matrix above a matrix, do you mean the place with the trainman? cause i think that's supposed to be like a middleground right?

I can explain how there is a Matrix within a Matrix..but I would spoil the movie for people that haven't seen it.

But to give you some hints (from part 1 and 2)....

- Matrx was redone X amount of times
- Zion was destroy X amount of times

It's killing me that I can't say more. :D

Stee Flo
11-06-2003, 02:11 PM
The movie was good i thought. The effects were incredible! the ending didnt suck, but it was not what i thought would happen, It was another way to go i guess. **** :)

edit: i think it was purposely done so as to leave room for animatrix 2 or something. The oracle did suggest of another appearance of Neo right?

sykikchimp
11-06-2003, 02:38 PM
That movie ROCKED.. if you thought it sucked, it's b/c you don't understand the philisophical ideals behind it..

Neo's not making a reappearance, but "the one" will.. it's "inevitable" That's what the oracle was talking about.

Stee Flo
11-06-2003, 02:41 PM
i did like how they explained why the oracle looked soo different.:D

sykikchimp
11-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Stee Flo
i did like how they explained why the oracle looked soo different.:D

lol.. I thought the linux reference was pretty corny.. her "shell" got deleted, and she had to find a new "Shell" HAHA.. I just shrugged it off b/c someone had told me that the old oracle had died.

omen2853
11-06-2003, 02:49 PM
yeah. "the one" isnt a person. neo will come back, maybe not as neo but "the one" will. i liked th ending. its makes the movie continuous (if thats why people dont like it) but its because its a never ending cycle. zions built, destroyed, built, destroyed. the architect said it its happened 6 times before in 2nd movie and the machines are getting better at it every time. but by learning from things past the humans are obivously getting better as well (otherwise they wouldnt be able to survive 6 times so far right?). i watched it at 5 in the morning on wednesday. i loved it...but yeah id rather spend the trilogy money on lord of the rings. ill just burn my roomates copy of this trilogy.

RoNiN240sx
11-06-2003, 03:06 PM
i liked the movie, but thought it could've been better. it's not that i didn't get it, it's just that reloaded was setting the movie up for so much more, the ending felt kinda copped out. i dunno, i was just expecting more, but it was still a good movie, just not great.

95koukiS14, from what i can tell, they didn't go with the matrix within a matrix plot, where zion would just be another matrix, so what are you implying when you say both the matrix and zion were destroyed so many times?

RoNiN240sx
11-06-2003, 03:18 PM
here's some guys point of view from a movie review website, i thought it was pretty interesting.

Ok… You see, ultimately this film is a lot about what is going on in the world right now.
You see, The Machines… They’re the United States and Capitalism. Ultimately they want society operating in the 9 to 5, eat your food, grab a movie, raise the kids, go to church and get back to work sort of daze. That’s the Machine way. Don’t worry about the “MEANING OF IT ALL” just do your job, be a battery and power the big society forward.
Ultimately… Neo, Morpheus, “the rebel alliance” – essentially… In a lot of ways… they’re the bad guys. You see, they’re fucking everything up. The come into our “Society” blow shit up. Cause problems. Get all violent and shit. Do little hit and run missions. Neo is for his people… basically, he’s Bin Laden living in a cave somewhere… and the Machines… they’re drilling to put a stop to it all. Now, the problem is… the only person that can put a stop to “The War” on Terrorism are the terrorist. Essentially, Bin Laden has to come forward, tell his people they’ll be ok, give himself up, negotiate a cease fire and allow his life to be the symbol of peaceful co-existence between both cultures. “The Machines” and “The Humans” “The Capitalist” and “The Fundamentalist Extremists”
NOW… What is Agent Smith? Essentially, Agent Smith was Communism. If we are all the same, then there is no reason for violence. Resistance is Futile. Communism was fantastic as it represents an ideology that the Capitalist and the Extremists both hated. And it was spreading and taking over and trying to assimilate cultures and suppress belief systems. Or you could say AGENT SMITH is that Born Again Christian type that is trying to eradicate another’s belief system… and ultimately – the elimination of both either politically, humanly or functionally is a move towards peace.

hmooblis
11-06-2003, 05:17 PM
most of you guys are wrong.
the plot is mind blowing, i still need to rethink it over
this makes you wanna rewatch the whole series

Zion is a program, just like the Matrix. How is Neo able to figure out that he is able to stop the sentinels in Zion near the end of the film? The spoon given to him earlier. It had obviously been bent loads, but how outside the Matrix?? This gave Neo the inspiration and the understanding that Zion is still a matrix.

The One explained
"The One" is a program, but has to be "attached" to someone in the Matrix. So Mr. Anderson got it in the 6th version of the Matrix. Then "The One" program's purpose is to allow Zion to be destroyed then to rebuild it. The reason for this is because of anomalies - the 1% of humans that don't accept the Matrix. These are all brought out of the Matrix program and into the Zion program by the "Morpheus" program and other similar "ship captain" programs. Then once all the anomalies are out of the Matrix (and in Zion), that is the time for Zion to be destroyed, thus killing all the anomalies off. The Matrix is then upgraded, thus creating the next version of the Matrix, but Zion must be rebuilt so that the next lot of anomalies can be brought out again so that they can be destroyed. This is the feedback-loop, and is the reason to retain a handful of people so that Zion can be rebuilt. So this is why Neo said the prophecy was a lie - the One's purpose was not to end the war as the prophecy stated.

Unfortunately, "The One" program must be re-used each time, or copied, so it can be "attached" to a new anomaly inside the Matrix. So what happens to the old "The One" program? It faces deletion, and as the Oracle explained, it goes into exile instead, just like the French bloke (the Merovingian) did. He was the first One (probably from the second version of the Matrix), and once he fulfilled his duty, he became an exile program and "abdicated" his "Oneness" by choosing Persephone and power. This is evident in the bogs when Persephone asks Neo to kiss her. She says she wants him to kiss her so she can feel what it is like again to be kissed by something close to human, just like the Merovingian used to be. Then she says to Trinity that she envies her, but that these things are not meant to last. So the Merovingian used to be just like Neo - a One - thus proving further the feedback-loop explained earlier.

The correct door in the Architect's room
Now there are two possibilities here:

1. All the previous One's chose the right door allowing a "temporary dissemination" of their code into the Matrix (i.e., the code they "carry" thus indicating Neo is indeed human), then he must select (unplug) 23 people from the Matrix to rebuild Zion. This takes away the possibility that stories from previous rebuilds of Zion will be carried through. But Morpheus indicated in the first Matrix that this is the case anyway. He said, "there was a man born inside, able to change things, it was he who freed the first of us," - basically the One previous to Neo. And this proves that the previous One chose the right door also. Neo's purpose is also to choose the right door, but he does not because he faces deletion afterwards and has the choice of going into exile - programs choosing to go into exile is the one thing that can't be accounted for in program parameters. Thus, he chooses the left
door instead this time. How was Neo able to choose the other door? Because of his extreme willpower? - Even the Architect indicated that he'd noticed this - "Interesting. That was quicker than the others." Or more likely, because the Oracle upgraded his coding with the candy on the park bench. The candy/cookie was a method to change the One's program. She said he has made a believer out of her - this is quite human-like and perhaps the previous One's didn't accept the upgrade candy, now she has hope... hope that Neo will finally choose the other door.

2. All the previous One's chose the left door, saving Trinity and letting Zion fall. So this time is no different. But the Architect does say, "You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated," and also, "this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it," - assuming the Architect isn't lying, then they have already destroyed Zion (i.e., Zion has fallen) five times - i.e., the result of going through the left door.

Morpheus and Trinity are programs.
Morpheus's purpose was to find the One and deliver him to the Architect. Trinity's purpose is to control the One by getting in love with him. Trinity is supposed to be the mother of the new One every time the Matrix is Reloaded. That's why the sex scene was so important and why she was named Trinity.

The Architect says, "she is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it." He was correct though because she did die just like Neo did in the first Matrix (Oracle said he or Morpheus would, and she didn't lie, but he came back to life). Trinity dies, but comes back to life (we are using medical definition of death in all this of course!).

The Architect has already laid down an ultimatum for Neo choosing the left door:

The Architect - "Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race."

Neo - "You won't let it happen, you can't. You need human beings to survive."

The Architect - "There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world."

Looking at this further, the Architect does say "coupled" with the extermination of Zion will the human race be exterminated. So he says everyone connected to the Matrix will die, but if Zion is not exterminated, the human race will not necessarily die. Also, there is likely to be a time-window between not going through the right door, and the cataclysmic crash, thus allowing Neo to unplug as many as possible from the Matrix, then those people won't die. This will be the start of the next Zion. As for the Matrix, a cataclysmic crash doesn't mean the end of the Matrix - just needs rebooting or reloading!

Agent Smith explained
Agent Smith is the only "human" in this world. He's the one spreading himself like a virus replicating himself over and over until the Matrix will finally get overloaded and fail. Smith is the one who wants to get out of the Matrix for good. He said so in the first Matrix, "I must get out of here, I must get free! And in this mind, is the key," squeezing Morpheus's temples, "my key! Once Zion is destroyed, there is no need for me to be here!" Smith knows that by killing Neo he can escape the Matrix because Neo is the key to resetting the Matrix, or to shut it off. It was originally killing Neo (in the first Matrix) that allowed Smith to become powerful (cloning ability) - so killing Neo again will allow him to gain Neo's powers completely, and thus gain the power to shut down the Matrix.

So where the hell did Smith come from if he wants to destroy the Matrix? He's obviously not meant to be there - he's a computer virus as he has every characteristic of a virus - he multiplies and spreads and infects (and emulates) other programs like one. He is exactly as he described humans at the end of the first Matrix - "You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus." But who put him there? This will only be revealed in Revolutions(Revelations?) I guess - but I'm betting on humans in the real real world, i.e., outside of Zion and the Matrix. They're at war with the machines and trying to destroy them by infecting them with this virus - Agent Smith. So the irony with this theory is that Agent Smith represents the human race!! Neo represents the machines! Agent Smith says to Neo just after he's seen the Oracle that he became free when Neo destroyed him in the first Matrix (remember when Neo entered his body and exploded him from inside out) - as a virus, Smith has the ability to "inherit" other programs' abilities and thus inherited some of Neo's.

The anomaly explained
The anomaly is all the humans that do not accept the Matrix. The Architect says "Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control." This includes Neo, but Neo's Matrix avatar is attached with the One program so that he can follow his purpose as explained earlier under "The One explained".

However, he is also supposed to protect himself and destroy anything that gets in his way - i.e., Agent Smith - so that he may fulfil his purpose. Further proving Neo - and other non-accepters of the Matrix - are the anomaly, the Architect says, "Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix." The clue here is Neo's program name - "The One". Take one-third for example. 1 over 3 is 0.33333 recurring. A computer cannot deal with recurring numbers, so must accept a limit, let's say 0.33333 for argument's sake. Multiply by 3, you get 0.99999 - never 1.00000, where has the "remainder" 0.00001 (One) gone? This is the limitation of computers, this is the mathematical imprecision inherent in programming (of the Matrix) and the eventuality of the One anomaly unable to be eliminated.

What is the equation then?
Not sure, but it definitely involves pi. The Keymaker refers to the window of time to open the door to the mainframe as 314 seconds. 3.14 is pi to three sig. figs., or the number of radians in half a circle. Half a circle is like the cross-section of a womb, similar to the alcove of Neo and Trinity's love scene - conceiving the next One? "NEO", incidently, is an anagram of "ONE". Trinity and Neo - one on one; a choice - one or one. Leads us to 101. "101" is mentioned numerous times in Matrix 1 and Reloaded. Neo's room at the beginning, Merovingian is on the 101st floor, the 101 freeway of the car chase in Reloaded, then when Trinity is hacking into the power plant system, she resets the password to Z10N0101. Freaky. Indicates that she is a program because that's not some random password she's put in. 101 is binary for 5, which in zero-based binary counting: 000 is 1, 001, is 2, 010 is 3, 011 is 4, 100 is 5, 101 is 6 - And this is the 6th version of the Matrix! Then there's 303. 303 is the room Neo got shot in Matrix 1, the Oracle lives in room 303, it's also the hotel room number Trinity is in in Matrix 1 and it's seen at the end when Neo fights the Agents and Smith and begins to literally see the code that makes up the Matrix. 101 x 3 = 303, a trilogy, 3 + 0 + 3 = 6 = the 6th Matrix. Trinity means 3.

Who is the "mother" that the Architect refers to?
The Architect says, "Please," in an almost disapproving sense when Neo suggests the Oracle, but does not reveal who it really is or even directly that Neo is wrong. The architect was the one who created the Matrix; the co-creator is neither Persephone nor the Oracle. Both of them are only programs that have a purpose in the matrix, just like the rest. The Architect is in charge of the Matrix world and the co-creator is in charge of Zion. She has almost the same age as the Architect. Therefore, that woman is the Head Counsellor, the only woman of importance that lives in Zion and the one who asked for the two captains to volunteer at the council meeting. She's the one who knew all along about the Matrix. She was the one who told Zion's Defence Minister to cool off and to let Morpheus do his work so things could go as planned. Or alternatively, it could indeed be the Oracle. She is the only program that truly wants humans to have a free choice... at the same time, she sees the future, because she knows the program code - she is like God - which is why Seraph protects her - see "Who is Seraph?" below.

What's so special about Neo's avatar?
Neo is a skilled hacker, and his avatar in the Matrix is based on the person that founded the AI of the original machines that eventually took over the world... How? Take a look at the disc he gave to the bloke at the door at the beginning of Matrix 1. It said "DISC AI" on it. The hollowed book Neo takes the disc out of is "Simulacra and Simulation" - a collection of essays by the French postmodernist philosopher Jean Baudrillard. He opens it to the section "on Nihilism" (meaning nothing is truly known, etc.). "Baudrillard's concept of simulation is the creation of the real through conceptual or 'mythological' models which have no connection or origin in reality. The model becomes the determinant of our perception of reality--the real." And Morpheus says, "Welcome to the desert of the real," in Matrix 1. I'd say this book describes The Matrix to a tee. So this disc contains the key to the AI, and thus how to destroy the machines, so I think they'll use this info in Revolutions to ultimately destroy the machines, which means he'll have to go back to the nightclub and find the guy he gave it to.

Who is Seraph?
The reason Seraph (the chink guy Neo meets before meeting the Oracle) had golden code and was so spectacular is that he came from the first incarnation of the matrix, which was heaven. "Seraph" is singular for the plural "seraphim". The seraphim are the highest choir of angels and included amongst others: Lucifer, Gabriele, Raziel and Malaciah, and they sit on the 8th level of Heaven just one below God. So Seraph will obviously have a big part in Revolutions, but whose side will he be on - the machines or the humans?? That is the question.

The Twins
They are exiled programs that emulate the human myth of ghosts as the Oracle explained. They are programs behaving badly. Persephone killed one of the Merovingian's bodyguards with a silver bullet because he was emulating a werewolf. So if the Twins could phase into ghost form, why didn't he when his arm was trapped in the door of the garage? Was it because he was wounded or because he can't phase when his arm is trapped? No of course not. The doors of that building, when shut, always led somewhere else (usually in the mountains) when opened again without the Keymaker's key. So if it were slammed shut due to the Twin phasing into ghost form, the Twin's arm would've ended up god knows where, but certainly not attached to the Twin's body."

exitspeed
11-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Uh...yea what he said.

I liked the movie. It was a decent ending. However IMHO I would have liked a ending were he defeats Smith, then the machines realize that Neo can't be stopped, so they pull the plug on him while he's still in the MAtrix. But he doesn't die. Then he somehow destroys all machines by waiving his hand. He is the savior of humaity. The end.

hmooblis
11-06-2003, 05:36 PM
did you read what i posted, Neo works for the machines and smith is the human-the good guy

ah... now i don't know what i'm talking about.

can some please clearify the plot and story?

RoNiN240sx
11-06-2003, 06:28 PM
yah that's quite a lengthy explanation hmooblis, but i don't think i agree. i really don't think that zion was another matrix, i don't think the brothers would go with such an obvious answer. the reason neo could do those things in the real world was sort of subtley explained, they were saying something like neo could use his powers outside of the matrix and smith could extend himself outside of the matrix as well. if they did go with the explanation that zion was just another matrix, they surely would have shown another "real world" where humans are plugged in no? to emphasize that theory and all, so no i don't think zion was another matrix. and smith was definitely a program, he was a virus, not a human. anybody else notice Neo layed out in a position like he was being crucified? maybe like he was gonna be resurrected...hmmm....

hmooblis
11-06-2003, 06:33 PM
i think every body includeing me needs to read what posted again. Smith in part 1 says that humans are like viruses- that's exactly what he is.

s14falcon
11-06-2003, 09:08 PM
HOLY SHIT DUDE!! Thats a lot of writing on matrix theories. Damn. I've never thought about it that deeply, but a lot of the stuff you say makes sense.

On the other hand, am I the only person who was happy with the first matrix's ending and didn't think it needed a sequel? I haven't yet seen revolutions, but I was dissapointed with reloaded, even if it did have all that philosophical shit in it, the movie just didn't FEEL right like the first one did. It lost a subjective feeling to it that the first one had plenty of, revolutions seemed more like an ordinary action movie with some philosiphy thrown in when compared to the groundbreaking concepts of the original.

SimpleS14
11-06-2003, 09:39 PM
SPOILERS!!!!!!!

lol...damn hmooblis your post is a fkcinug essay. :D I didn't read most of it...but I know you have good points.

95koukiS14, from what i can tell, they didn't go with the matrix within a matrix plot, where zion would just be another matrix, so what are you implying when you say both the matrix and zion were destroyed so many times?

Ok...let me sum it up as little and quick as I can....

When the Matrix was first created and didn't do to well and many people "woke up". Whenever this happened they would toss these people to Zion, which is just a program to cache all the rejects. This was all and well until the humans decided to fight back, causing more problems. So the Matrix created a program called "The One", which allows the Matrix to find out how these humans know about the Matrix and its flaws (illusions and chit). If you remember back in the first movie, Smith mentioned how Zion was destroyed along with the Matrix being restarted. This is because the program "Zion" was being rebooted along with the recreation of the Matrix. Since Neo was a program he was connected to the Matrix and the mainframe...thus he had "powers" in the "real world". Once "The One" discovers the flaws, its returned back to the mainframe and reinserted into the Matrix to come back again in another human form once chit starts up again.

Basically to sum it up even more..

*Neo was a program (called "The One"), his source was the mainframe.
*Smith was a virus, opposite of Neo, and a big flaw in the Matrix.
*Zion is a program, which will eventually be destroyed once the "humans" start up trouble.
*Matrix will continue no matter what, but will always upgrade.
*There is no such things as humans...its only a word...

I have more to say..but its late and I'm tired now. :bow:

I wish they would make another Animatrix...

revat619
11-06-2003, 10:22 PM
What they need to do is.....MAKE A 4th MOVIE.

If nothing else, to tie up all those loose ends that third one left. I mean think about it, if Revolutions ended everything properly would we really need to be here discussing it and our different theories on the trilogy? No. The movie would have answered all the questions, and nobody would've been left with any doubts or confusion.

However, seeing as how every review that i have read about Revolutions, the general consensus (sp?) seems to be that the ending totally sucked, the Wachowski Brother's would be stupid not to redeem themselves in making a 4th movie.

Honestly though, i think that was there intention. Basically, hype the movie up as if it is the "last" one then shock everybody with an open ending, of course everybody is all pissed off....then BAM! 2 maybe 3 years from now, you're sitting there watching your favorite tv show and it cuts to commercial and all you see is a black screen, then the matrix code starts to fall from the top. No speaking, no scenes, no nothing. Just the music that has opened every other matrix movie (its like an orchestra or something), the green code and the noise it makes as it falls down your tv screen and then at the very end a title and a date.....The Matrix: Resurrection. November 2008.

or something like that...

Thats what i think or at least hope they're planning. I mean geez, they HAVE to know that that ending sucked. If they know its bad, then they wont leave it like that....the ending was bad for a reason. :D

kazuo
11-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Revolutions was a piece of shit.

Regardless of whether or not you overanalyzed Reloaded like the rest of us.

The action sucked, the story sucked, the ending sucked, it was all a big ass piece of SUCK.

I'm not sure if the worst part was that the action was basically a rehash of "Attack of the Clones" or the fact that the movie itself was so fucking boring... ugh

I hate that movie.

And was I the only one that caught the Dune reference with Neo? (See also: Him losing his eyesight but still being able to see, and Smith even refers to him as "The Blind Messiah")

If there are any doubts that the Wahozafutzdumbass brothers are making references/ripping off all these old Sci-Fi/Anime stuffs, there ya go.

Blah, I'm just pouty cus that was the worst possible ending ever for any trilogy in existence.

"How about... I give you... THE FINGER... and you give me my $9.50 back."

:)

revat619
11-06-2003, 10:41 PM
oh, i totally hear what you're saying Revolutions sucked aside from the special effects. My point was that maaaaybe, they did it on purpose. Just to set everybody up for the 4th and REAL final movie.

But then again, this is just my wishful thinking. I was so hyped for the movie and like everyone else, i feel let down. I guess its just my way of rationalizing the suckyness (is that a word?) of the movie so that hopefully all of our anticipation wasnt in vain.

However, if there are no plans for a 4th one....i'll just continue to be supremely pissed off and Revolutions WILL go down in movie history as the ALL TIME WORST trilogy ending movie EVER. Period.

hmooblis
11-07-2003, 12:13 AM
everyone is intitled to their own opinion but you if you rethink the series over, you can tie the loose ends.

what the brothers should do is at least make a book with an explanation.

I think their will be no fourth installment because the third one was suppose to be a final installment but they can always change their minds.

SimpleS14
11-07-2003, 07:35 AM
revat619 - LOL...you are soooo funny! Your dreaming alittle to hard there. They can not make another film...its just going to be the same chit all over again. They can make another Animatrix and just show bits and pieces.

kazuo - I really hope you didn't pay $9.50 for that movie. I only paid $6. :)

I believe the W. brothers did a good job at creating some much hype....the preview hyped everything up. Anyways...they did a good job because they made alot of $$$$$$$. :D

aznpoopy
11-07-2003, 07:59 AM
i think u guys are dead on with the explanation of the the zion 'system' and it as a system used to control the matrix outcasts.

but i'm surprised nobody noticed the deep religious influences. i was a bit set back by this movie. the first movie had tons of zen/buddhism influences. i don't remember jack about the 2nd movie. the third movie at the end was extremely christian. someone mentioned the 'blinding' as a dune reference. yes and no... its more of a general religious 'losing your sight so you can finally see.' most religions have some theme touching on this when dealing with their particular messiah, so its no different for neo. didn't anyone notice that the machine city is 'built out of light,' and that many of the machines look damn near angelic (their tentacles look more like wings in neo-vision). neo being catatonic in 'mobil ave'... neo = one, mobil = limbo.

how about when the machines hacked smith 'through' neo, he had a bright light glowing in his chest like a cross. also there was talk of 'the source.' imo the source of life, for both man and machine, confirming that machines were truly 'alive' as well. neo also looked like he had wings, lying dead on the floor in the machine city with the wires and stuff behind him. and of course, neo talking to a big swirling face... very much like man talking to his God, like moses talking to the Lord on top of the mountain.

but anyway... i think the general point of the movies is that truth is subjective, and the two views 'matrix within a matrix' -> technological view, or religious 'free your mind' -> buddhism (which veiws the world as an illusion) messiah -> christian/judaic-ish... basically all the views of the movie are the same view. just depends on what perspective you want to view it in.

and yah... ending sucked. maybe theres peace between man and machine but what about all the ppl stuck in those red glowy things. the machines are just gonna let them go? lol. hwat happens to neo's body! they lookedl ike they were gonna do something with it, carting it off so gently on a platform that also looks like it had wings. btw the wing effect reminded me of diablo 2 and tyrael. very similar.

ergh... i wish they kept it on the sci-fi action side... and used persephone more... :drool:

revat619
11-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 95KoukiS14
revat619 - LOL...you are soooo funny! Your dreaming alittle to hard there. They can not make another film...its just going to be the same chit all over again. They can make another Animatrix and just show bits and pieces.

I believe the W. brothers did a good job at creating some much hype....the preview hyped everything up. Anyways...they did a good job because they made alot of $$$$$$$. :D

hahaha! Yeah i have a crazy imagination! But i'm gonna coin that title though, just in case. The Matrix: Resurrection. That's such a badass title dont you think! hahahaha j/k. I think they could make a 4th movie and not have it be redundant (sp?). Hell, maybe i ought to write it myself and then send it out through the internet! Then the rumors will start....."The Wachoski brother's are planning another movie and this time the script is awesome!" - Entertainment Weekly

But the problem is, they didnt write it....I DID! So in order to keep there fans happy, make some more money, and salvage their reputation they have to film it, but they cant say they wrote it...thats illegal. So they have to buy the script from ME! Of course i sell it to them, but only if they give me ATLEAST $1 million plus royalties. So they agree. So the fans end up getting the ending they want and definitely deserve, the Wachoski brother's are happy cuz now they've made more money and they've got their good reputation back and last but for damn sure not least, i'm happy cuz i get to see my script come to life on the bigscreen, matrix fans around the world are happy, and i'm freakin' rich!

lol! There goes my imagination again! hahaha

knightrider
11-07-2003, 07:18 PM
yea sorry guys, i was prolly the first to see it, but i didnt wanna ruin the whole sucky expirence for every1, im just glad i didnt have to waste any money, hell, i havnt payed for a movie since the mira mesa 18 got built near me :D it really wasnt that great, i still think the first was the best, it was all downhill from there, reloaded wasnt upto the hype, revolutions jus was lame, the special effects were pretty good, but somtimes a little too much.

!!!!! FOR EVERY1 THAT HASNT SEEN IT, GO SEE IT, ITS GREAT!!!!!

hehe, sorry. it really sucks, but dont take my word for it, see it for yourself

SimpleS14
11-07-2003, 09:54 PM
lol @ revat619

RoNiN240sx
11-08-2003, 12:38 AM
hehe, yah definitely shouldn't be a 4th movie, i think the open endedness of the trilogy was good. let's people think about all the possibilities, and i've heard the wachowski's will never write a book or reveal what the real story is, cause they want to leave it up to the fans interpretations.

i still find it hard to except the matrix within a matrix theory, where zion is a program to hold the humans who reject the matrix. what 95koukiS14 said is pretty convincing, but i dunno, then it's like you're saying every single thing/person/character we saw in that movie was a program, and "human" was just a name or word. i think it was more man vs. machine, instead of human program versus machine program. i really think that if the brothers wanted to tell the story that zion was a matrix, or a program, they would've hinted at it a little more, they would've shown what the real "real world" looks like. besides, if you're gonna say that there's no such thing as a human being, that "human" is just a word, well "program" and "matrix" and "machines" are just words too. how would you define anything in the movie? i think that's what's so great about the story though, and the way they didn't answer every single question. it leaves fans to interpret it in the ways that they want to with evidence for each and every theory, i.e. i could prove my theory in so many ways as much as the next guy could prove his in so many ways.

p.s. yah the 4th movie would probably be called "resurrection" anybody else notice Neo laying in the crucifix position when he was being carried away on that bed? hmmm....

hmooblis
11-08-2003, 03:25 AM
sorry for the longs post but this is other theory. like all others this can be true also. i didn't write this.

"Zion is real! The Matrix is not.

The Matrix was designed to provide a mental stimulus for the human bodies connected to the machines as a source of power. This is the sixth version of the Matrix. There have been multiple versions of the Matrix because of a flaw in the program (kinda of like Windows). That flaw is giving individuals the ability to choose.

The first Matrix was designed as a perfect uptopia (see pt. I - Smith explains it to Morpheus; pt. II - The Architect explains it again) but humans did not accept it as real so they just kept waking up. It was redesigned to reflect our civilization at it's last stage before it was taken over by the machines (the year 1999).

The Architect's problem with this new design (the anomoly)of the Matrix is that it require individuals to think freely, i.e. choice. It was the Oracle that suggested he redesign the Matrix in this way. But since humans have choices, so must the programs sent to watch over them, i.e. The Agents, thus bringing us the problem that is Mr. Smith. In Reloaded, The Architect continues to speak of the anomoly he is unable to get rid of, which is why at some point, he feels the only solution is to destroy the Matrix and those who are aware of it (the people of Zion) and start from scratch again.

The Oracle says it clearly in Revolutions. Mr. Smith is the result of the anomoly trying to balance itself. Mr. Smith began to think freely (see part I where he is freaking out while interrogating Morpheous) and the result was a negative one. Realize this, he is a similar program to the One so he is far more dangerous than a normal individual who makes bad decisions. Mr. Smith's virus like behavior happened in EVERY VERSION OF THE MATRIX. The result would always lead to the same thing -- a system crash if they didn't quickly reboot the system. The same knee jerk reaction you have when you realize someone has sent you a virus.

The One program was created to solve this problem. But each version of the One ultimately failed. Neo is different, in Reloaded he choose the door that led to Trinity, not the door that RESETS the program. Note: The Architect even noticed that Neo's experience in the Matrix was different than all the rest, realizing he was the first of them to fall in love.

Onto Revolutions:

Neo's choice has changed everything. The system is still threatened by Smith's behavior, so the Oracle makes a new choice; one she has never done before because no version of the One has ever chosen the difficult path as opposed to easy one of just resetting the system. She allows herself to become merged with Smith in the HOPE that she'll be able to help Neo when the time is right.

Neo makes another unique choice. He goes to the machines and asks for PEACE as opposed to simply destroying the system by going through the opposite door as all other versions of the One did. It was a simple as that to save Zion. Machines don't need very long to process that this may be a better idea than just constantly resetting the system.

At the end, Smith says to Neo the movies tagline - "Everything that has a beginning has an end," as the Oracle is speaking to Neo through Smith. Neo realizes it all along, the only way to end this is to sacrifice himself. The Oracle noted that Neo and the Source (the computer mainframe, the Architect they're all one and the same so don't get confused) are connected which is why he can control machines outside the Matrix. He uses this connection to his advantage. He becomes a Mr. Smith and since all the Smith's are connected, the Source now has a lock on Smith and simply deletes him. Pretty simple huh?

For those that like to dig deeper, than note the biblical references throughout the series. Heck, the French Man (Merovigchian) is the Devil, just read the elevator button Morpheous presses when he goes to see him for the second time. The Architect represents God - i.e. the creator of the world and its destroyer whenever things don't go as he wants. He even has you to chose a select group of people to restart Zion again sort of like Noah's Ark. Neo is Jesus, the one who realizes that peace and love is the answer, not war. And the Oracle represents the Holy Spirit - the conciousness that resides in all of us. It's a deep trilogy if you PAY ATTENTION."

that180guy
11-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by revat619
What they need to do is.....MAKE A 4th MOVIE.

If nothing else, to tie up all those loose ends that third one left. I mean think about it, if Revolutions ended everything properly would we really need to be here discussing it and our different theories on the trilogy? No. The movie would have answered all the questions, and nobody would've been left with any doubts or confusion.

However, seeing as how every review that i have read about Revolutions, the general consensus (sp?) seems to be that the ending totally sucked, the Wachowski Brother's would be stupid not to redeem themselves in making a 4th movie.

Honestly though, i think that was there intention. Basically, hype the movie up as if it is the "last" one then shock everybody with an open ending, of course everybody is all pissed off....then BAM! 2 maybe 3 years from now, you're sitting there watching your favorite tv show and it cuts to commercial and all you see is a black screen, then the matrix code starts to fall from the top. No speaking, no scenes, no nothing. Just the music that has opened every other matrix movie (its like an orchestra or something), the green code and the noise it makes as it falls down your tv screen and then at the very end a title and a date.....The Matrix: Resurrection. November 2008.

or something like that...

Thats what i think or at least hope they're planning. I mean geez, they HAVE to know that that ending sucked. If they know its bad, then they wont leave it like that....the ending was bad for a reason. :D

dude...i sooo agree!!
i can see it now....30yrs from now.....Matrix: Episode 1 :aw:

RoNiN240sx
11-08-2003, 01:56 PM
now that theory, hmooblis, i agree with much much more than the other one you posted.

SimpleS14
11-08-2003, 06:14 PM
they would've shown what the real "real world" looks like.

The fkuced up cities left in the old sewage pipes.

Don't forget the sky....the REAL sky....

:D

kazuo
11-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by 95KoukiS14

Well I didn't go to a matinee, and I also live in San Francisco, where the cost of living is astronimical and even movies are expensive. $9 is average.

Anyway, a better ending would have been... Ted awakens, looks across the room and says, "I just had the most excellent dream, Bill...."

SimpleS14
11-08-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by kazuo
Well I didn't go to a matinee, and I also live in San Francisco, where the cost of living is astronimical and even movies are expensive. $9 is average.

ah yes...I forgot about that. Cost of living is not cheap over here too...sucks to be close to the coast and D.C.

Anyways...when I mention "human" just being a word...I was joking and makin' fun. The only REAL humans are those that can not be plugged into the Matrix or anything of that nature. If you remember from Reloaded there was a crew of people plugged into some system to open the gates to Zion. You will also remember how the city of Zion is "plugged" into the machines that provide air, heat and water.

But yea.....its a good movie because it leaves people with their own thoughts.

aznpoopy
11-10-2003, 08:17 AM
Anyway, a better ending would have been... Ted awakens, looks across the room and says, "I just had the most excellent dream, Bill...."

lol... i totally forgot keanu was in that movie...

Stee Flo
11-10-2003, 08:45 AM
LoL i love that movie! The Wild Stallions DO rule!:rawk: