PDA

View Full Version : s13 abs actuator removal

93nismo
06-30-2011, 05:53 PM
as of last monday my abs actuator sprung a leak on one of the lines that leads to a bleeder on top of it. it is now spraying brake fluid all over my engine bay and also making my pedal and brakes unresponsive under heavy braking. and its leaking fluid all over underneath the unit and my paint is peeling up. so im taking it out. i cant fond one for sale around me that i can go pick up and my abs dosent work anyway. i know there is a part i can order from nissan for the front brakes and from what i understand i can just connect the lines for the rears and be done with that. im now left wondering if i absolutely need to use the part from nissan or if i can just use a regular "T" fitting from the hardware store. i don't think there is anything involved with proportioning in the part from nissan. obviously there isent in the t i have in front of me. that's the only thing i cant find an answer for. there's a few write ups i found on google but non of them have pictures or any of that stuff. when i try to search here i get a blank white page.

fittings i bought:

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y314/93nismo/DSCN2629.jpg

tube thats is leaking(its the smaller one):

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y314/93nismo/DSCN2627.jpg

93nismo
06-30-2011, 07:32 PM
the part in question is this:

Union flare to join brake lines (Part #: 46364-50F00 -or- 02463-13100 from Nissan)

i just need to know if it has anything to do with proportioning the front brakes. its on back order right now so i have no idea when ill be able to get my hands on one. otherwise id just get it. does anyone have any information on this? the latest posts or information i can find any were on these is from 05

Syrus33
07-01-2011, 12:07 AM
it will not mess with the proportion of the brakes, that is done via the BMC. It is just a T fitting.

93nismo
07-01-2011, 01:09 AM
i know the proportioning front to rear is done in the bmc. i just want to make sure there isent one in the union flare left to right. i dont think it would make a difference. maybe im thinking too hard. i just don't want to put in the one that i have and have the car pull super hard to one side or something.