PDA

View Full Version : Nissan VS Toyota

NiteKids
11-02-2003, 09:02 PM
These two companies have always been battling it out against each other in Japan and should be how it is in the USA instead of "Honda vs Nissan/Toyota/Mazda etc. :rolleyes: "

Full modifed which car do you think would have the upper hand on

1. drag racing
2. Drifting
3. Grip
etc

R33 GTR VS MK4 Supra
http://effusion.hypermart.net/veilside-r33gtr-g2.jpg VS http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Merchant/eb_383_mk4_both.JPG

Fairlady Z vs Sorear
http://www.perthcars.com/redzx.jpg VS http://www.autoagency.ru/board/00003_1.jpg

Silvia/180sx vs 86

240Z vs ???

etc etc etc

nissan gloria vs toyota chaser

Matt_240
11-02-2003, 09:09 PM
so you're talking stricly car vs. car with equally skilled drivers right?

and there are so many levels of "fully modified." i don't think anyone can give a confident answer without specifications on each car.

DRFT
11-02-2003, 09:10 PM
None...my '88 silver Volvo 240dl should take car of all of them:rolleyes:

this question will never be answed right...belongs in off topic anyways

RanciD
11-02-2003, 09:12 PM
Umm.. you say that's how it should be in the US although that's pretty impossible considering the R33, Soarer, late model MR-2, 180SX, Silvia, Gloria and Chaser are not available in this country.

Most US citizens have never even heard of half those cars. A more realistic comparison would be Supra vs. 300ZX, NA sw20 MR-2 vs. s13 240SX, etc. I think a Supra would beat a 300ZX and I know an MR-2 will kill a 240SX as far as that goes.

As for what you said, I don't know which is faster but I like the looks of the R33 over the Supra's and the Z's over the Soarer's but I have no idea how they match up in any form of racing because I've never driven any of them.

For Silvia/180SX vs. MR-2.. assuming both are NA, the MR-2 will kill either using a normal racing technique. With drift from what I've learned driving an MR-2 it's a bit more difficult than a 240SX or other typical FR set up. You're forced to be a lot more graceful (most drifters are anyway though so it'll look good) and it requires a lot less input to get results making things tricky. I'd say the MR-2 is better for drift because I think it personally takes more skill but honestly when it comes to drifting the car makes no difference, it's all about the driver. For drag racing, I don't really care who'd win.

And yes, I completely ignored the "fully modified" bit. That's ridiculous, whoever spends more money wins. There's no such thing as "fully modified".

SimpleS14
11-02-2003, 09:22 PM
I'd take a R34 anyday...

NiteKids
11-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Oh yeah R34 non turbo 4 door bish! :eek:

Most of us assume you mean the GTR but please be more specific. GTR is not the only model of skyline.:aw:

hattenDriftR1
11-02-2003, 09:42 PM
How about the best of both worlds in one car...mwuaahahahahahahaha!!!

Maeda
11-02-2003, 09:48 PM
I say Toyota owns in every department except... personality ^_^

Drift goes to the 86 because it can get DAMN sideways...
Grip to the SW20... can't beat MR for that(although it takes a better driver)
The chaser just ROCKS!

I like the 3GTE as well... but having driven all of these cars (except a REAL chaser) I'd say that they all have the humdrum toyota personality...

Gimme my Nissan, or even Mazdas =)

Anubis
11-02-2003, 10:02 PM
240Z vs. 2000GT, Battle of all time

aznpoopy
11-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by hattenDriftR1
How about the best of both worlds in one car...mwuaahahahahahahaha!!!

...? :confused:

btw your sig, hatten... it should be desu not des.

interesting thread, anyway. 240sx is a very noob friendly drifter. dunno about the corolla. i heard the mk2 mr2 up to '91 is extremely snapover happy even in grip, but again... it's all about driver experience. i guess it's all about personal preference. especially when you throw modifications into the equation, it all comes down to what you want to drive and how you want to drive it. even if your car is 'fully' modded, who gives a shit if you don't enjoy driving it. personally i think both carmakers make great cars.

recent turn of events... toyota imo lost its racing spirit in the US... now their sports car lineup consists of the celica, sc430 and the newer mr2s. in my opinion the celica comes pre-riced from the factory, the sc430 is a total waste of money and the mr2 is overpriced for what it is. nissan on the other hand has the sentra specV, 350z and g35 coupe. specV is surprisingly decent (and cheap) for a 4dr fwd 'sports' car, and the 350z is a big hit while still maintaining the 'z' spirit and rwd platform. it's a shame that most of its owners tend to be guppie ricers. g35 is great for ppl who want lux and speed, and its selling good too.

off topic but... maybe you should throw mazda in the mix too. the miata is one of the only rwd platforms to have survived the 90's sports car phase out caused by the onset of SUVs. i heard the concept miata 'ibuki' comes turboed from the factory. interesting... fc and fd rx-7's deserve their place in the discussion as well... they are pretty popular as drift, drag and grip racers. the rx-8 is an interesting step for mazda, despite its awkward launch in the states. not to mention rumors of a fe3s platform being developed... :drool:

zero.counter
11-02-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by NiteKids
These two companies have always been battling it out against each other in Japan and should be how it is in the USA instead of "Honda vs Nissan/Toyota/Mazda etc. :rolleyes: "

Full modifed which car do you think would have the upper hand on

1. drag racing
2. Drifting
3. Grip
etc

R33 GTR VS MK4 Supra

Fairlady Z vs Sorear

Silvia/180sx vs 86

R33 GTR vs MK4 Supra...Fully modified could mean many things. Have you ever seen a trust sequential box? I would prolly say the Supra unfortunately, but then the sky is the limit and anything is possible.

Fairlady Z vs Soarer....The soarer, being a heavy biotch, can be outfitted with the 2JZ-GTE and heavily modified. The Z, can and will push limits with around 650hp on modified internals. I have seen the 2JZ-GTE perform marvels. Your call.

Silvia/180sx vs 86....Silvia, with more power possibilites and proper tuning. The 86 is a great car but lacks many respects and the high aftermarket that the 240/silvia carries. Silvia on this one.

As far as the Silvia and the MR-2....'Nuff said :)

SimpleS14
11-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by NiteKids
Oh yeah R34 non turbo 4 door bish! :eek:

Most of us assume you mean the GTR but please be more specific. GTR is not the only model of skyline.:aw:

I know its not the only Skyline model, but it's pretty obvious to know what model I was talking about.

Next time I will just say "BNR34" or R34 twin turbo 2 door bish!

BTW....if anyone that doesn't know, "BNR34" is the chassis code for the Nissan Skyline GT-R (1998-2002).

:bow:

KiDyNomiTe
11-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Toyota in some way or another owns.

Soarer vs. Fairlady
I'd take a soarer over a z32 any day.

1. Drag Racing, Soarer's engine seems like it would get a lot more out of it than the VG
2. Drift, we all have seen the same sweet sounding Soarer, seen a few attempted Z32 drifters and they sucked it up
3. Grip, still think the Soarer would be better, but they are both boats.

Toyota 3, Nissan 0
Why did you pick R33? From the numbers I've seen its the worst of the bunch of GTRs

GTR vs Supra
1. Drag goes to Supra, Supras don't seem that big in Japan, but living near a place that specializes in building 1000+ HP Supras makes me biased
2. Drift hmm, never really see either, but this goes down to the RWD Supra
3. Grip goes to GTR ATTESSA (or however its spelled) takes it all

Toyota 2, Nissan 1

Silvia vs. 86
1. Drag they both lose, but if I had to chose, I'd chose the Silvia.
2. Drift, Silvias are great beginner cars, and can be great if used right, 86s are good for the advanced driver, 86 is winner
3. Grip, I'd have to say the silvia, but I rarely see 86s on tracks that aren't drifting

Toyota 1, Nissan 2

240Z vs 2000GT
Don't know much about the 2KGT cept looks.
1. Drag, 240Z has been home to many engines, and most under drag applications. winner 240z
2. Drift, ive seen one z drifting, never any gts
3. Grip, I've read a few things about 2000GTs back in the day.

Toyota 1, Nissan 2

Toyota 7
Nissan 5

But I guess your opinions could be a lot different

zenkiDori
11-02-2003, 10:54 PM
nissan all the way. heheh. but i have noticed a difference in drivers' attitude as well lately.

Nate6
11-02-2003, 10:59 PM
SW20 N/A MR2... what is that? a castrated(de-turbo'd) MR2?? unless you're talkin about the 3S-GE BEAMS MR2.. i think you might be refferin to a SW21, i know im anal about this.. but yes.. gotta get it right. And when it comes to grip vs drift, being the owner of a '91 MR2 N/A.. i'd have to say that all MR2's are set up for superior GRIP driving.. they CAN drift, but IMO their potential is best used with GRIP.. all the Pre-93 MR2's have a severe tendancy to induce snap-oversteer when cornering hard, that is to say, in a turn, if you're not able to use god-like smoothness, you're going to end up snaping the other way when counter-steering and you'll 360 yourself into the guard-rails. True, it's about skill, but the snap over-steer factor is still there, so you have to pick and choose your driving stratigies.

hondaguy
11-02-2003, 11:28 PM
i say its very equal but thats just my opinon

old_s13
11-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Its hard to do a comparison test like this because you guys arent comparing STOCK vs STOCK. You're not even comparing USDM vs USDM, so you should specify that you are comparing overseas cars.

Both manufacturers produce vehicles that are equally capable of serious performance, this is why they are rivals.

-m

sykikchimp
11-03-2003, 08:12 AM
s13 240sx vs. pre 91 MR-2 N/A.. grip? 240sx ANY DAY.

IMO, a similarly setup SR powered s13 would be better for grip than a sw20. I think you guys seriously underestimate the 240sx's 'at the limit' handling.

weirdstyles.net
11-03-2003, 09:47 AM
2JZGTE Powered SC300 will do just fine...

I have been dreaming about that car for months now and I pick that outta the crew. Puttin the two super engines against each once RB/JZ is awsome, but I have to hand it to the 2JZ for the awsome abilities. But if you want to be special and uber cool, go with teh 1.5JZGTE, the 1J with the 2J head, which makes life all the much easier.

Break it all down, skip all those pussy ass cars. Ill take a 3S-FE powered Scepter over any of them.

yeuuuah!!

crazyikimasho
11-03-2003, 10:50 AM
How about anyone's car versus Nitekids'?
That would be great

Destructo
11-03-2003, 11:08 AM
in my persional experience's pre 93mr's are kinda snappy with hard steering. and sometimes just do not feel safe. If were talkin about jap spec of usdm then i think silvia would do very respectable against mr on grip, this in very hard driving conditions. and drift my mr does take some skill. my friends has had 2 and still spins out alot and cant keep up with my s14.

HaLo
11-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Let's see...

I believe that:

2JZ-GTE > RB26DETT
1JZ-GTE > RB25DET
7M-GTE < RB20DET
3S-GTE < SR20DET
4A-GZE ??? SR16VE or SR20VE

It's a tough call.

I call it a tie. :p

Drag: Supra
Drift: Don't know shit about drifting... ;)
Grip: Any car can be good as long as the driver is good. :)

old_s13
11-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by HaLo
Let's see...

I believe that:

2JZ-GTE > RB26DETT
1JZ-GTE > RB25DET
7M-GTE < RB20DET
3S-GTE < SR20DET
4A-GZE ??? SR16VE or SR20VE

It's a tough call.

I call it a tie. :p

Drag: Supra
Drift: Don't know shit about drifting... ;)
Grip: Any car can be good as long as the driver is good. :)

nah nah i disagree.. the AWD should be a good feature with drag, so the R34 should have a great advantage. Who cares, we're all NISSAN guys anyway.. lets just be stubborn dicks and say we like NISSAN and end it there. If anyone disagrees, I say fuck you.

There, thats my final answer. Alex, I'll take EAT MY ASS for 2,000.

- m

HaLo
11-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by old_s13
nah nah i disagree.. the AWD should be a good feature with drag, so the R34 should have a great advantage. Who cares, we're all NISSAN guys anyway.. lets just be stubborn dicks and say we like NISSAN and end it there. If anyone disagrees, I say fuck you.

There, thats my final answer. Alex, I'll take EAT MY ASS for 2,000.

- m

:rofl:

I'm sorry if I don't agree! ;)

S13S14S15
11-03-2003, 02:43 PM
remember those honda vs. nissan posts a long long time ago???? and how everyone (not on this board) used to say honda is better than nissan by far

but ever since the SR20 became popular and all the silvia hype, everyone thinks nissan is better now.

just wanna point that out......kinda off topic.

andrave
11-03-2003, 03:59 PM
toyota would be the most popular right now if it weren't for a couple things:
1) they made the supra too expensive, and then they quit making it at all. Look at how popular it is now, and how supras are going for more than they cost new. Tell me there isn't a market for a few more!

2) they quit making the celica all trac about a decade too soon. (or started a decade too soon). WRX, EVO, VW R32, even ford is talking about an AWD cosworth. And toy has no AWD to bring to the funbox party.

3) AE86's are harder to find than S13's.

RobsNismO
11-03-2003, 04:21 PM
3sgte vs sr20det, i think the 3sgte is the better engine, even if i want a 240sx with an sr, and i see 3sgte's more in racecars than the sr. i heard about the sr's rocker arm being inferior, or inferior overall in design to other inline 4's such as the older ca18det.

deviousKA
11-03-2003, 05:15 PM
My 240sx fastback vs My 86 gts

The 86 just seems to be able to do everything much faster, grip or drift. Although it would be a good grip race with equal driver.

drift the 86 wins hands down, it is lighter, smaller, easier to manuever. Requires much more skill to "drift" because much more speed is involved, driving both the 240 just seems heavier and carries more inertia.

my s5 rx7 just cries at the sideline, sorry guys i just hate it although its a nice car (for a mazda i guess).

gotime242
11-03-2003, 11:39 PM
my toyota oWnZ jo0

well, actually it will be for sale soon, and with the money a s13 will be purchased, a ka will be turboed, and hopes of 11's will dance among the shadows of dreams.

3s-gte:

http://www.geocities.com/rob481240/d4a.jpg

DudeYourSoOOJDM
11-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Hatten owns the 1JZ powered s13....hence the best of both worlds.

2JZ-GTE > RB26DETT.....lets see 900hp possible w/ stock block check,
glass like tranny's in GT-R's w/ over 500hp check.(3rd gear very weak, I've seen one where the gear looked like a bearing)....nod goes to 2JZ. I wouldnt mind either.....
1JZ-GTE > RB25DET revving to 8000+ in a 6cylinder?......1JZ very yes.
7M-GTE _who cares_ RB20DET......I dont like either motors.....wouldn't waste my time
3S-GTE = SR20DET......both are very potent
4A-GZE > SR16VE or SR20VE....waay too much aftermarket for 4agze
but the technology of honda b-series beats these 3 motors.

andrave
11-04-2003, 09:36 AM
durability:
ka24's rule all. Not too many of them pass out before seeing the double century mark.

NZO
11-05-2003, 03:11 PM
Nitekids is my hero.

KiDyNomiTe
11-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by NZO
Nitekids is my hero.

you better find a new hero, or figure out his aliases

720_datsun
11-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by S13S14S15
remember those honda vs. nissan posts a long long time ago???? and how everyone (not on this board) used to say honda is better than nissan by far

but ever since the SR20 became popular and all the silvia hype, everyone thinks nissan is better now.

just wanna point that out......kinda off topic. iono i like hondas too. im not biased on cars. ive seen some hondas that will smoke nissans on a road course.

DudeYourSoOOJDM
11-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by 720_datsun
iono i like hondas too. im not biased on cars. ive seen some hondas that will smoke nissans on a road course.

Reminds me of a certain duo (one red, one yellow) of very fast single cam CRX's. They dominate (ITA?) in Cal-Club SCCA.......

GotDriftS14
11-07-2003, 03:56 AM
are there any 2JZGTE's that can compare to the Exvitermini.com RB26DETT that makes ~1,350 HP and revs to ~12,000 RPM on gasoline? just wondering...

oh and...

Sentra Spec V > Corolla S
Maxima > Avalon
Altima > Camry
350Z > uhhh...celica GT-S? haha, wake up toyota!
Titan > Tundra by like a thousand
X-Terra < 4Runner V8
Quest > Sienna
Murano > Highlander
Frontier < Tacoma

now it's time for nissan to bring back an entry-level compact RWD sports car to compete in the Celica/RSX/Eclipse segment, and maybe a fun little roadster to embarass the MR-S and de-throne the MX-5.

BadMoJo
11-07-2003, 09:06 PM
GotDrift is right. Something rwd and entry level would be nice from nissan. But what I am wondering is when the hell is toyota going to man up and make a half way decent rwd sports car that will compete with the 350z or something of that nature. Lately toyota has just been well.... boring.

DaveSev
11-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Bah, Supras are drag queens.

BadMoJo
11-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by DaveSev
Bah, Supras are drag queens.

No.... Supras are Dyno queens.

GotDriftS14
11-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Yeah, Dyno Queens and Drag Princesses.

s14falcon
11-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Supras are drag queens.
:D hahaha. Get it? Drag queens. lol:p

initial s14
12-02-2003, 07:25 PM
nissan or toyota ..i dont really care.. i own both ..mr2 and silvia mc-14... both are great cars for the budget..

but to sum it all..

nissan and toyota will soon put an end to the honda legacy that has been gripping the u.s. import market for looooooong time..

and nissan by far is taking the step ahead !!

No Motiv
12-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Id like to say Nissan. But its Toyota. BUt then again for example in the drift section its hard to really tell cuz that depends on your style. Toyotas are nice... i have one.....94 Camry. dont get me wrong id rather drive my 240 any day

TRUENOCOUPE
12-03-2003, 11:10 AM
blah blah blah blah

Get a civic. THE END.

sykikchimp
12-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by BadMoJo
Lately toyota has just been well.... boring.

My sentiments exactly.. Toyota has obviously sold it's soul to Satan so that they could build cars that illicit as few emotions as possible, so they can sell as many as possible.

Hopefully they will turn around soon, and build some more sweet cars like the Supra, and the old Celica All-trac's.