PDA

View Full Version : Lexus sc300/toyota soarer????

brianglawson
11-02-2003, 11:38 AM
anyone really familier with them, i know you can get some mass power and such out of them via supra tt swaps and just turbocharging the NA in there, but does anyone have and ifo on them such as websites for really good tech info on them? Sites for good aftermarket on them?

they have caught my interest recently and the more i look at them the more i like them

Zemus
11-02-2003, 12:05 PM
their freaking awesome!

Burmonster
11-02-2003, 01:52 PM
my roommate has a SC300 w/ 5-speed...very rare. He is saving up to drop the 2JZ-GETT in right now. I am looking foward to helping with that one, its going to end up being a beast.

I know F-max makes a kit for the NA JZ, comes with a Garrett/Turbonetics T04E-60 turbo. If I recall right, you can pull about 360rwhp pretty easily with it. Check out their website for more info.

nocomedown
11-02-2003, 02:16 PM
check out www.clublexus.com

NZO
11-02-2003, 03:45 PM
They arent for s13 owners ;) The 2JZ swap is ~$9k. GL.

Zemus
11-02-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by NZO
They arent for s13 owners ;) The 2JZ swap is ~$9k. GL.

HAHA what are you buying the engine from the dealership?? AHH

brianglawson
11-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Oni
HAHA what are you buying the engine from the dealership?? AHH

yes i agree, 9k for that swap, i better be getting a brand spankin new 2jz with a biggie size coke......:):)

NZO
11-02-2003, 07:33 PM
No, its called doing it right. :rolleyes:

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/sc300_turbo.shtml

Of course you can do it for less, but you get what you pay for.

hondaguy
11-03-2003, 12:06 AM
did u see that one in sport compact car?now thats what i call a reall sleeper.

brianglawson
11-03-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by NZO

thats off the wall pricing, i could get the motor set for 6-7k or probably even less through my contact and do it myself cheaper, and im sure if i called the place they would do the wiring harness for a price.....

Zemus
11-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by NZO

HAH what a joke, you could pay 9k for a sr20det engine swap, you could get allmost all new everything, and it would run WONDERFUL. Really 2Jz's arent to hard to find, seeing as they came in a crap load of Toyotas, so getting one wouldent be hard. Ive heard of them putting a 2jz into a Cresidia (cant spell it right) and also a 2jz into a 84 MKII Supra (old old school, looks like a huge 86) and that was much less more like 8k, and that was doing EVERYTHING Custom (motormounts, wiring, ECU (stand alone) driveshaft and a crap load of other stuff) And he still dident hit 9k, and your saying 9k for a engine that in japan was originaly in that car.. I think not

SlideStar
11-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Oni
their freaking awesome!

Haha you beat me too it!:bowdown:Ya they are sweet.
I was going to buy one instead of my s14 but they are
hard to find around here... maybe next summer I'll have
better luck.

TokyoDrifterXo7
11-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Good luck finding a manual. The years for the manual sc300 are 92-95, if you find one your lucky as hell. Id go with a soarer engine. In japan the soarer is twin turboed. So it would probably just drop right in. It sux that we always get stuck with the cheap crap. My 240 aint bad but the ones in japan are turboed :mad:

ckyfish
11-03-2003, 02:34 PM
a guy a few block away from me has a maroon 5 speed and everyday i see him i ask him if he can buy it and he says he would sell his house to me before he sold his car, too bad i dont want a house i want a 5 speed sc300, but i dont think it would be worth it because there is next to no aftermarket support...oh and its a 96

NZO
11-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Oni
HAH what a joke, you could pay 9k for a sr20det engine swap, you could get allmost all new everything, and it would run WONDERFUL. Really 2Jz's arent to hard to find, seeing as they came in a crap load of Toyotas, so getting one wouldent be hard. Ive heard of them putting a 2jz into a Cresidia (cant spell it right) and also a 2jz into a 84 MKII Supra (old old school, looks like a huge 86) and that was much less more like 8k, and that was doing EVERYTHING Custom (motormounts, wiring, ECU (stand alone) driveshaft and a crap load of other stuff) And he still dident hit 9k, and your saying 9k for a engine that in japan was originaly in that car.. I think not

Did you even read the link I posted?

h3x11
11-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Burmonster
He is saving up to drop the 2JZ-GETT in right now.

why waste $ on a swap!?!?!? my friend's sc300 with stock motor push 600hp on race gas.

RoNiN240sx
11-03-2003, 02:45 PM
true manual versions are very hard to find. but how hard and expensive is it to do a manual swap? my girlfriend is in love with this car, and if she ends up getting one (automatic no doubt) i would love to get my hands dirty with it, hehe, besides it's time she learned how to drive a manual.

240_keyy
11-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by ckyfish
i dont think it would be worth it because there is next to no aftermarket support...oh and its a 96

uhhhhhhh WTF are you talking about? An SC300 is a supra chassis with a different body and more bling. That means any upgrade you do to a supra is doable to an SC (this includes suspension, brakes, motor, wheels, etc)

ckyfish
11-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 240_keyy
uhhhhhhh WTF are you talking about? An SC300 is a supra chassis with a different body and more bling. That means any upgrade you do to a supra is doable to an SC (this includes suspension, brakes, motor, wheels, etc)

oh really so i could just buy any coilovers made for the supra and they would work for the sc300...good to know, also the supra exhaust would work to...would the single piping split magicly? wheels? thats valid

dont be an ass unless you can back it up

wanganwonder
11-03-2003, 10:12 PM
just do it already. it'd be sick, and you all know it. how many people do you know (personally) that drift SC's? I'd have done it but that's too much $$ for a 17 year-old. there's more than enough power stock, there's enough aftermarket support overseas (no different than getting jdm 240 parts) and you would stand out because it's a freaking lexus. keep it slammed, spoilerless, and wear body damage w/pride. it would be the hotness. :o

DoriftoSlut
11-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Jeez people really dont have any idea how much more complex Toyota wiring harnesses are. Compared to them, you would think Nissan designed their cars like a lego set how [comparitively] easy Nissan swaps are.

SCs are expensive to get, maintain, fix, hook up, etc. If you have money they are DOPE. If not. Hah. You know what dry ass rape feels like? Cause you might if you are on a 240sx budget.

hmooblis
11-03-2003, 11:56 PM
sc300s are cool, if i had one i would keep the stock motor and turbo it, leave the internals stock and use thicker HG to lower the CR since i think the na 2jz came with forged pistons. also i hear the insurance is cheap if you like 1 way(lialibity?) because you have a less chance of a accident than hondas.

one thing i hate about it is that, it's a luxury sports car, i like the luxury part and the sports part but i dont like the 3700lb. part

NeLO aNgeLO
11-04-2003, 02:29 AM
it was my 1st car in high school 1997 sc300 pretty nice car and pimp chrome wheels hehehe very smooth ride.-dave

Zemus
11-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Dorifto180sx
You know what dry ass rape feels like? Cause you might if you are on a 240sx budget.

Hah true that, see I like when i get some real info on WHY it is so expensive instead of a link some kid sends me that is all stats, I like to know why its so pricey.

And thanks for the real life comparison Doriftio :-D

TRUENOCOUPE
11-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Oni

You know... Your IQ is about level as a ROCK.

You really, I mean really think you can get it done with out a resource parts to do a 2JZGTE Swap into a soarer less than 9K? NO.

Lets talk about the tranny... It won't even bolt it with the stock tranny holes. Motor mounts, intake manifold, wiring, FMIC, Piping, water line, ABS Line...

DoriftoSlut
11-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by TRUENOCOUPE

You really, I mean really think you can get it done with out a resource parts to do a 2JZGTE Swap into a soarer less than 9K? NO.

Lets talk about the tranny... It won't even bolt it with the stock tranny holes. Motor mounts, intake manifold, wiring, FMIC, Piping, water line, ABS Line...
Yah. Pain in the fucking ass. IIRC many 2JZ and 1JZ oil pans are different too! I mean WTF! same chassis but different front member shape or some booshit. I duno if that applies to Soarers, but I know it s aproblem with many 1JZ swaps like into Cressidas or even MA70 Supras.

Also a Toyota buddy of mine (Certified TRD Mechanic and shit) told me some of the INTERIOR wiring runs through the engine bay and vice versa. WTF no wonder Lexus and Toyota are so expensive to fix! Bastards!

s15dude
11-04-2003, 06:36 PM
hehe the vertex soarer

http://whatisprophecy.com/coverage/albun52/aad.jpg

Also, like dorifto said, I heard toyota wiring is a b!tch! I remeber when the Is300 came out here in the states, everyone thought a 2jz would swap right in, but it turned out to be much easier and cheaper to turbo the IS motor...

Zemus
11-05-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by TRUENOCOUPE

HAH do I own a SC300, HAH no, so do I know all this shit, NO, I was just posting what I know, gives you no right to insult my intelligence.

How bout I poke fun at you and see how you like, what are you doing on a Nissan forum when you have a corolla.. maybe thats why you know more about toyotas.. darr you think... baka

DoriftoSlut
11-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Oni
HAH do I own a SC300, HAH no, so do I know all this shit, NO, I was just posting what I know, gives you no right to insult my intelligence.

How bout I poke fun at you and see how you like, what are you doing on a Nissan forum when you have a corolla.. maybe thats why you know more about toyotas.. darr you think... baka
Hey man you deserved it. You started raggin on the price being 9k liek sayin its way too much and anyone who paid that kind of money for that swap would be a sucker. But little did you know how different Toyotas are. Sure, I think 9k may be on the overly cautious high end price, but still, even if it were 6 or 7k thats soo much money. And then if you wanna save more money by doing fabrication, wiring, install etc yourself, its gonna take a while. It took my TRD Mechanic friend like close to a month or so to get in a 1JZ into his Gen2 Supra. And he works at an importer... that menas he can work on his car all day whe he's not on the phoine and shit. ANyway, its a hassle, but possibly worht it in the end. I would just rock the SC with stock motor and a lot of suspension work with good LSD... ANd of course a nice smooth Aerokit (the Vertex type I, not the super transformer style of Ueno's D1 car).

Zemus
11-05-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Dorifto180sx
Hey man you deserved it. You started raggin on the price being 9k liek sayin its way too much and anyone who paid that kind of money for that swap would be a sucker. But little did you know how different Toyotas are. Sure, I think 9k may be on the overly cautious high end price, but still, even if it were 6 or 7k thats soo much money. And then if you wanna save more money by doing fabrication, wiring, install etc yourself, its gonna take a while. It took my TRD Mechanic friend like close to a month or so to get in a 1JZ into his Gen2 Supra. And he works at an importer... that menas he can work on his car all day whe he's not on the phoine and shit. ANyway, its a hassle, but possibly worht it in the end. I would just rock the SC with stock motor and a lot of suspension work with good LSD... ANd of course a nice smooth Aerokit (the Vertex type I, not the super transformer style of Ueno's D1 car).

I agree that their diffrent, it just kinda boggles my mind that it takes 9k to get an engine into a car, that has the same body style as lot of the same stuff as one in japan and put9k into it. I guess im just to used to nissans.. crazy toyotas :-D

midnights14
11-05-2003, 12:51 PM
My bro has one up on eBay....a 5 spd, it's a black one, check it out!

The location should say Hacienda Heights CA

exitspeed
11-05-2003, 01:53 PM
I think www.suprastore.com has a bunch of stuff for the sc.

Hey has anyone seen the TT kit that Veilside makes for the SC430? It is so sweat. Not sure how much it costs but I would say at least $5-10grand.

SlideStar
11-05-2003, 02:18 PM
but i dont think it would be worth it because there is next to no aftermarket support It's the same car as
a toyota soarer. You can take it anywhere that you'd take a toyota
or lexus. Plus there are a ton of aftermarket parts out there if
you search for them. Check out the sweet sc300s in most of the D1
and Option vids. They're awsome when they're all done up right.

240_keyy
11-05-2003, 02:24 PM
oh really so i could just buy any coilovers made for the supra and they would work for the sc300...good to know, also the supra exhaust would work to...would the single piping split magicly? wheels? thats valid

dont be an ass unless you can back it up

Ok so maybe not *every* upgrade for the supra will fit onto the SC, but I thought you people had at least half a brain. It is _obvious_ that supra body kits will not fit on the SC300 and that the exhaust is different, but other than that many things WILL fit. let's list some of the things that are a direct swap from an MKIV Supra TT...

Brakes
Wheels
Seats
Suspension (yes, supra suspension is the EXACT same, if you don't believe me, look around and cross reference part numbers)
Swaybars (but you have to get supra endlinks)
Motor (obviously it is difficult, but it is completely doable)
Transmission (if you already had a 5-speed, otherwise it is a bit involved)
Torsen LSD
and any upgrades to the things listed above.

go back and do more research before you get into an argument

ckyfish
11-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 240_keyy

Brakes
Wheels
Seats
Suspension (yes, supra suspension is the EXACT same, if you don't believe me, look around and cross reference part numbers)
Swaybars (but you have to get supra endlinks)
Motor (obviously it is difficult, but it is completely doable)
Transmission (if you already had a 5-speed, otherwise it is a bit involved)
Torsen LSD
and any upgrades to the things listed above.

brakes dont need to be swapped
wheels look good as is
seats...who cares might as well say shiftknob
suspension you called me on that
motor $$$
tranny whole point would be to buy a 5 speed
lsd

huge list :rolleyes:

so if you can show me a good list of aftermarket support besides suspension, intakes and exhausts ill be glad to shut up and buy my neighbors sc300 but as of now i dont want it because there isnt enough us aftermarket and swapping is too much $$$ and the 2 or 3 turbo kits out there are really hard to find instock and when you do find them theyre close to 5k always unless you have the hookups

Dousan_PG
11-05-2003, 02:46 PM
so if you can show me a good list of aftermarket support besides suspension, intakes and exhausts ill be glad to shut up and buy my neighbors sc300 but as of now i dont want it because there isnt enough us aftermarket and swapping is too much $$$ and the 2 or 3 turbo kits out there are really hard to find instock and when you do find them theyre close to 5k always unless you have the hookups

what else is there?

suspension/drivetrain
engine
interior
exterior
braking

suspension/drivetrain: you already know that
engine: swap or turbo upgrade...hard to get instock, patience is key
interior: you already learned about seats and all
exterior: body kits from japan are easily availabel w/ the rigth connections.
braking: you already saw that post..you said not necessary

what else or specifically are you looking for?

ckyfish
11-05-2003, 02:48 PM
eh im just bitter since im poor :mad:

DoriftoSlut
11-05-2003, 04:19 PM
eh im just bitter since im poor :mad:
Dumbass, thats why even in Japan Soarers are rare. Its a LUXURY SPORTS CAR!!! OLD 5spd can be had for the same price as an expensive S14. But then you pay MUCH more insurance, harder to find (but EXISTENT) and more pricey parts, and about an extra 1000 lbs.

BUT DAMN its a HOTTAH ride! If i could ever afford one, it would be dope, but to be honest, affording a TurboII FC would be easier than the Soarer. Not that thats a bad thing...

NZO
11-05-2003, 04:36 PM
Damn this thread blew up, thanks for the backup. Im actually glad working with SCs is so expensive, it decreases the chances some cheap bastard will fuck one all up.

Wei240
11-05-2003, 05:47 PM
yeah, that car has always been cool ever since it came out, much better than the current crap they have now.

it would definitely be one of my options if i had the $$$, not just to buy, but insure, maintain, parts.. etc... but if you can afford it, go for it, that car is just pimp.

SlideStar
11-06-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by NZO
Im actually glad working with SCs is
so expensive, it decreases the chances some
cheap bastard will fuck one all up.

Haha true. I'm glad they're not popular, but
you can find a used/older model for about the
same if not a little more than a s14.

240_keyy
11-06-2003, 03:57 PM
lol, no hard feelings there ckyfish :D

The only reason I know anything about the SC300 is that my wife has me actively looking for one for her because she wants a car that has the potential to be faster than my SR 240 and have infinitely more bling factor :)

I think te SC could turn out to be a pretty interesting car, and it will be fantastic to have on our trip to Colorado this Spring...