PDA

View Full Version : Private Property Wars

SinGarage
06-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Very long read but if this was happening to you, what would you do?

Discuss.

L.A. County's Private Property War - Page 1 - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly (http://www.laweekly.com/2011-06-23/news/l-a-county-s-private-property-war/)

godrifttoday
06-24-2011, 04:31 PM
^
I would put cliff notes so someone can help me out

Jtuned_andy
06-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Seems like a bunch of hermits living in the desert with houses not up to codes and now the big bad government is coming to huff and puff to blow the place down.

SinGarage
06-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Cliff notes:

People living in desert community for decades.

Government issuing citations and sometimes jail time for petty property violations. Using armed men (NAT-Nuisance Abatement Teams) to intimadate you to comply.

People have lost their homes due to no permits or trying to bring it up to code.

stinky_180
06-24-2011, 05:29 PM
I would live off the land in the Sequioas or Angeles National forest, IF this happened to me.

SinGarage
06-24-2011, 06:01 PM
I would definitely would too but just their tactics and the pattern of who they are targeting is a little suspicious. I understand having too many vehicles on the property or trash all over my yard but most of these folks are up in boonies where you can't even see with the naked eye from the main road. I would also understand if I live in the city or in an HOA run community but in the desert/BFE? I pass through some of this towns going to Vegas or going out plinking in the desert and they're normal/quite folks who doesn't bother anyone. A lot of truckers live out there too that owns acres of land so they can park their rig on their own property but that's even illegal. It just seems like they are being targeted.

Walperstyle
06-27-2011, 01:14 AM
If I was the Land Owner, yes, I would be pissed and take action.

If it was Government land, and I was a Senator, I'd just have the land re-labeled 'Military Testing Ground' and fly a bunch of equipment over at least every half hour so nobody would get any sleep. Maybe blow a few houses over with jetwash.

daryl337
06-27-2011, 09:58 AM
The thing is, it is the peoples land for the most part.

I like how they tried to quietly give their reasons.... big city people are moving out to the country, and they want it up to their standards.

If you can't hang in a rural area, don't fucking move there. Srsly.

SinGarage
06-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I'm not the type to believe into conspiracy theories but the pattern is a little overwhelming. I couldn't believe there is even a Starbucks on Hwy 138.

upsdude
06-27-2011, 11:16 AM
local govt. is running out of money so they're going after any source of revenue. getting building up to code requires permits which translates to money govt.