PDA

View Full Version : Twitchys Question du Jour...

twitchy
10-31-2003, 01:09 AM
I searched but didnt really find what I needed.... Where can I get that 240Z front end for my S13?

hahahahaha Just kiddin.

What I wanna know is what is meant when someone refers to a "hacked MAF"

?

I know what a MAF is but what do you do to hack it and why?

JasonNagra
10-31-2003, 01:36 AM
I am going to try and explain, I am no expert and I'm probably wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me:

The stock SR maf or stock KA maf when used with a higher power (turbo) application cannot support the amount of air. People commonly use the Z32 maf or cobra maf, but you can also hack the regular maf to allow it to support more power. Kind of a ghetto fab type deal but it has worked for a few people. Try searching on FA you will find a lot smarter people discussing it there.

nokeone
10-31-2003, 02:09 AM
from the thread a couple spots down..prolly doesn't help but oh well..lol..

Originally posted by Evil S14

the hacked MAFS is just taking the mafs and cutting the plastic tube out and putting it into a bigger diameter tube, go to www.ka24development.com for more info, it only works on s14 MAFS though

misnomer
10-31-2003, 02:38 AM
hacked MAFs are used to allow larger injectors without ecu or electronic fuel management. Larger injectors, larger MAFS, same A/F ratio.

Maeda
10-31-2003, 03:05 AM
You stick a piece of pvc pipe with the maf in it and violla you have a "hacked" maf... the dsm guys do it all the time.

Just go get yourself a z32 maf...