:fawkd: to the pending lockout.

BOROSUN
06-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Yo, Knicks ftw 2k12

Phlip
06-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Yo, Knicks ftw 2k12
That's funny...
The Knicks are close, closer than they have been in a long time, but 'Antoni (no D) will not be the coach to take them there.

I am most interested in seeing what happens in Golden State; Mark Jackson is a coach who might be able to further develop Steph Curry as a PG, and I would like to see him do well.
I'm sure there is plenty more I would like to see take place, but damned if I can think of it right now.

frsh4
06-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Josh Smith's time in atlanta may be coming to an end.
SLAM ONLINE | » Report: Josh Smith Not Opposed to Trade from Atlanta Hawks (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/06/report-josh-smith-not-opposed-to-trade-from-atlanta-hawks/)

Phlip
06-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Josh Smith's time in atlanta may be coming to an end.
SLAM ONLINE | » Report: Josh Smith Not Opposed to Trade from Atlanta Hawks (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/06/report-josh-smith-not-opposed-to-trade-from-atlanta-hawks/)
He and D12 would be a dangerous defensive combo in Orlando, and it might be the piece Otis Smith needs to bring in to keep Dwight.
I doubt Atlanta would trade him in the division though.

Gnnr
06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Per the request of Gnnr, here's the new NBA thread. :Ownedd:

Had to let you do it as per tradition. ;)

Anyways, about this draft. Only NBA ready players I see is Kemba Walker and Derrick Williams. More from a physical standpoint than anything. I don't think that Kyrie Irving will be that much more impressive than John Wall, but we'll see.

On the home front, we're supposed to be getting Reggie Jackson at #31 in the 2nd round. But I don't know how I feel about drafting another injured guard after the whole Da'Sean Butler situation. Rumor has it Pat wants to buy into a higher spot. We'll see.

frsh4
06-21-2011, 10:35 AM
He and D12 would be a dangerous defensive combo in Orlando, and it might be the piece Otis Smith needs to bring in to keep Dwight.
I doubt Atlanta would trade him in the division though.

yeah especially to orlando, why help the team you beat last season in the playoffs.

do you think chris paul is still headed to new york?

lately i've heard about vince carter being bought out by the suns.
he could wind up on the bulls or spurs if he wants to chase that ring.
i think the spurs would be a better fit for him. coming off the bench, less pressure on him to score.

Anyways, about this draft. Only NBA ready players I see is Kemba Walker and Derrick Williams. More from a physical standpoint than anything. I don't think that Kyrie Irving will be that much more impressive than John Wall, but we'll see.

what about the Morris twins? at least Marcus. i've been reading great things about his pre-draft workouts, especially the recent one with the Jazz. i dislike the fact that they're 6'9 though. I'd like to see Marcus land in Charlotte, I've seen some mock drafts that has him going that high.
and Markieff going to either Houston [14] or New York [17]

Phlip
06-21-2011, 10:44 AM
do you think chris paul is still headed to new york?
As I think that he is better equipped to run an offense than is anyone currently on the Knicks, it would be a good move, if it came with a coaching change, lest they would become the Eastern Conference version of the Phoenix Suns, and we all know what that brought about.
lately i've heard about vince carter being bought out by the suns.
he could wind up on the bulls or spurs if he wants to chase that ring.
i think the spurs would be a better fit for him. coming off the bench, less pressure on him to score.
If he is ring chasing, he had better go to Chicago, where he could ACTUALLY contribute if he can hit shots. In San Antonio, he would be another geriatric simply running from that old glue truck.

frsh4
06-21-2011, 10:57 AM
If he is ring chasing, he had better go to Chicago, where he could ACTUALLY contribute if he can hit shots. In San Antonio, he would be another geriatric simply running from that old glue truck.

lol true. i pegged him with SA because him being in chicago reminded me of the orlando stint. didnt they bring him in thinking/hoping he'd help ease the offensive burden off of dwight howard? and when they realized he isn't Half-Man Half-Amazing anymore they shipped him off to the Valley of the Sun..
i was just thinking that if he went to chicago it'd be like when he was in orlando. they are going to expect him to score and he won't be able to hide behind the other guards, brewer korver or bogans.
and i've never thought of Carter as a two way player either..
if he went to san antonio though there'd be less expectations and surrounded by tim duncan and all of those veterans would probably have a better effect on him then to be next to derrick rose and boozer. what do you think?

aziankingz
06-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Yo, Knicks ftw 2k12

You took my job! I have been the only person for the past 2 years who would post that the Knicks will win it lol.. but yeah, Knicks to the finals this season!

And also, Knicks getting a defensive assistant coach - so good news there.

FRpilot
06-21-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't think that Kyrie Irving will be that much more impressive than John Wall, but we'll see.

i think that's say a lot about kyrie irving since nothing that john wall could have done short of winning the championship would have gained any recognition over the blake griffin show.

imo, john wall had a pretty good rookie season for a PG (at one point averaging 9 ast/3 stls per game as a rookie PG). His shooting % and turnovers were atrocious and he was injured a lot late in the season. in comparison, i remember derrick rose didn't have a great shooting % either during his rookie season and russell westbrook also came in shooting 38% -40% and is still committing 3+ turnovers a game in his third year.

i think that in time wall should get adjusted to the NBA game and become a better player. Of course that is dependent on him wanting to become a better player and his work ethic. he can just as easily succumb to a life of alcohol, drugs, and hoes or become more interested in making movies, music, commercials, and worrying too much about becoming a global sports icon instead of working on his game. (heh)

Gnnr
06-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah, what I meant by that is that I see him surpassing Wall. I think Wall has the potential to be the player in the long run...and yeah, I don't see no one coming near a Blake Griffin type performance out of the gates. That just doesn't happen that often.

BOROSUN
06-21-2011, 01:45 PM
also d'antoni has a yr on contract left. he might jump ship to the raptors.

CP3!

Phlip
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
if he went to san antonio though there'd be less expectations and surrounded by tim duncan and all of those veterans would probably have a better effect on him then to be next to derrick rose and boozer. what do you think?
Wasn’t there a study some years back where they put an old dog in the presence of some just-weaned pups and it posed something of a healing effect on them?
Well that ain’t Vince Carter
He has put up his numbers and gotten his money, now it is about being remembered for something positive, which his career in general has damned the memory of. If he is chasing a ring, Chicago and on the bench is still the place to do it. He will coattail his way to a ring and I will still think no better of him for it, even if history will smile on his legacy for having gotten one ring, lol.

Yeah, what I meant by that is that I see him surpassing Wall. I think Wall has the potential to be the player in the long run...and yeah, I don't see no one coming near a Blake Griffin type performance out of the gates. That just doesn't happen that often.
I agree with you…
Nothing against Wall or anything, but he seems to be more about the name and the numbers than the legacy. 20/12 out of a player starting all available games one season removed from missing a whole season is something we don’t see out of veterans, let alone rookies. Blake Griffin – when he leaves the Cripples – will be in an MVP discussion if he grows, and his free throw percentage should be the first thing he works on. If he could up that number to the 75ish percent range, teams either stop fouling him and his scoring average goes up or they keep fouling him and it STILL goes up.

enkei2k
06-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Speaking of John Wall...

usyNyn9Ang8

That is all...

aziankingz
06-21-2011, 02:13 PM
hahaha that is really embarrassing..

frsh4
06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
"that was horrible"

hahaha. the funny thing is he was talking about caron butler throwing a bad toss and then having to come back for redemption before that ^

ALTRNTV
06-21-2011, 06:02 PM
I just wish the new CBA would be constructed already and signed, so teams can wheel and deal already. Teams would be hesitant to actually pull the trigger on any moves when the new contract isn't even written yet.

frsh4
06-21-2011, 07:10 PM
yes or no?
Nash to Knicks, after all? (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/291512-nash-to-knicks-after-all?eref=fromSI)

Phlip
06-21-2011, 08:19 PM
yes or no?
Nash to Knicks, after all? (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/291512-nash-to-knicks-after-all?eref=fromSI)

If he won't play defense, no

BOROSUN
06-21-2011, 09:35 PM
hell no...

i want bismack & prince.

Gnnr
06-21-2011, 10:54 PM
yes or no?

I'd like to make my crazy prediction that may not be so crazy. Kidd retires and Nash heads back to Dallas. Thats what I see happening.

frsh4
06-22-2011, 02:45 AM
hahaha :D
Timberwolves make offer for Andrew Bynum, more NBA draft buzz - Sam Amick - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/06/21/draft.notebook/index.html)

Q.Smooth127
06-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Timberwolves make offer for Andrew Bynum, more NBA draft buzz - Sam Amick - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/06/21/draft.notebook/index.html)
Was the t-wolves gm smokin crack n ganjah? LA would only trade bynum if they get superman or cp3 in the deal. LA must be laughin their ass off at that retarded offer.
:facepalm:

Phlip
06-22-2011, 03:55 AM

Beasley for Bynum would be a slap in the face, LA needs to RID themselves of small forwards, not take on new ones with questionable character histories.

Also...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/Best-and-worst-lottery-picks-061711#photo-title=Who%27s%20feeling%20lucky?&photo=29896900

frsh4
06-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Also...
NBA - Best and worst lottery picks - FOX Sports Photo Gallery | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/Best-and-worst-lottery-picks-061711#photo-title=Who%27s%20feeling%20lucky?&photo=29896900)

darko's old hair style. LOL.
here's more trade buzz:
Spurs fielding trade calls for Parker - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_tony_parker_spurs_nba_draft_062111)

oops might've jumped the gun fellas,
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/06/spurs-deny-tony-parker-trade-rumor/
but trade rumors are always "denied" quickly after they surface right.

also, apparently the suns and wolves had discussions to trade nash for the no. 2 pick but that's likely not going to happen.

FRpilot
06-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I'd like to make my crazy prediction that may not be so crazy. Kidd retires and Nash heads back to Dallas. Thats what I see happening.

i could see that happening, with nash having ties to dallas and being one of dirk's best friend. plus, cuban was the one who choose not to sign him, but i don't think nash has any hard feelings over that.

he would make a similar replacement to kidd since he brings better shooting, better 3pt shot, and playmaking than kidd. he is a worse defender than kidd, but at kidd's age he couldn't keep up with young PGs anyways, but kidd did a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheets defensively either.

SimpleS14
06-22-2011, 05:16 PM
As I think that he is better equipped to run an offense than is anyone currently on the Knicks, it would be a good move, if it came with a coaching change, lest they would become the Eastern Conference version of the Phoenix Suns, and we all know what that brought about.

How about Billups? Of course he's no CP3, but I thought he was doing a good job with the Knicks. I'm not sure if he's staying or buying out his contract tho.

Also...
NBA - Best and worst lottery picks - FOX Sports Photo Gallery | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/Best-and-worst-lottery-picks-061711#photo-title=Who%27s%20feeling%20lucky?&photo=29896900)

Thanks for the link. I'm still shaking my head at Brown.

I look forward to seeing Derrick Williams in the NBA, he was very impressive during the NCAA tourney. As for Kemba, I like the guy, but for some reason he seems too small. I wonder what position he'll play.

BOROSUN
06-22-2011, 06:30 PM
i think offensively/court vision nash is just way ahead of billups. but, man... he's just old.

i guess i wouldnt mind if...

nash, carter, td
prince, mason, td
melo, prince
amare, bismack
foote, bismack, jordan

a heavy defensive 2nd team. oh yeah.

but, really still want cp3. maybe package nash.

Phlip
06-22-2011, 07:39 PM
also, apparently the suns and wolves had discussions to trade nash for the no. 2 pick but that's likely not going to happen.
That would be dumb in my opinion, considering that Minnesota is already logjammed at PG.
How about Billups? Of course he's no CP3, but I thought he was doing a good job with the Knicks. I'm not sure if he's staying or buying out his contract tho.
Billups for Nash would be trading one old PG for one who is old and can't defend his own shadow... No go

ALTRNTV
06-22-2011, 09:14 PM
The Lakers are discussing a deal with the 76ers that would send Iguadola for Odom and Walton. I would pull the trigger on that.

frsh4
06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
That would be dumb in my opinion, considering that Minnesota is already logjammed at PG.

yeah haha theyre logged jammed at almost every position..
but i think it would be swell to have a vet pg to be a mentor to rubio.

enkei2k
06-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Draft is underway....first 2 picks no brainers.

Irving to CLE
Williams to MIN
Kanter to UTA

i really don't understand the Fredette (sp?) hype. Someone fill me in please

Phlip
06-23-2011, 06:21 PM
He apparently worked REALLY hard to get where he is and can light a scoreboard up like slot machine.

enkei2k
06-23-2011, 06:49 PM
i saw the highlights on ESPN about him...pretty much shoots a lot of half court shots lol. if he was so good as advertised and hyped, he should have been at least top 5 IMO.

so many international players drafted...

edit - The Knicks pick...who? again...FML. Iman Shumpert? Who the hell are you? What's with them picking people "higher than they're supposed to". I've heard the same thing over and over again for the past few years.

frsh4
06-23-2011, 07:14 PM
i read Kawhi Leonard [Pacers] got traded for George Hill [Spurs]
according to Chad Ford & Slamonline.

why did charlotte take kemba walker? didnt they need a SF?
now they have two dimunitive pgs.

who is iman shumpert?????????????
lol.

Nuggets get Andre Miller back, Raymond Felton becomes a starter again in Portland.

Gnnr
06-23-2011, 08:46 PM
edit - The Knicks pick...who? again...FML. Iman Shumpert? Who the hell are you? What's with them picking people "higher than they're supposed to". I've heard the same thing over and over again for the past few years.

This is what happens when you get rid of Donnie Walsh.

Barea says he’d sign with Dallas… or the Lakers, or Heat (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/23/barea-says-he%E2%80%99d-sign-with-dallas%E2%80%A6-or-the-lakers-or-heat)

Liar liar pantalones on fire. He's trying to get paid.

Also
Trail Blazers trade Andre Miller to Denver for Raymond Felton; Rudy Fernandez headed to Dallas | OregonLive.com (http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/06/trail_blazers_reportedly_trade.html)

I like that move for the Blazers.

There's a lot going on right now and fast, lol. Gotta wait 'till the dust settles.

BOROSUN
06-23-2011, 10:22 PM
you know what iman 6'6" is defensively good, he can cover 1, 2 & 3 spot.
also they got josh harrellson 6'10" another defensive + rebounder.
knicks might have something good here.

http://www.delblogo.com/knicks/knicks-acquire-2nd-rounder-josh-harrelson/

i'll be watching them on the summer league.

this guy is also jumping aboard.
_y2pir6CVkI

treken2t87
06-23-2011, 10:58 PM
i read Kawhi Leonard [Pacers] got traded for George Hill [Spurs]
according to Chad Ford & Slamonline.

This trade made my NIGHT :) So awesome seeing my childhood friend play for our hometown team. GO GEORGE :hsdance:

frsh4
06-23-2011, 11:02 PM
This trade made my NIGHT :) So awesome seeing my childhood friend play for our hometown team. GO GEORGE :hsdance:

haha that's awesome. so i bet you'll be going to alot more home games, think george will get you free tix? lol.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/draft-2011/06/23/mavs.blazers.trade.ap/index.html

i think the blazers did good with this trade. i was never too high on hamilton but he has better size than fernandez does.
i remember when he played against our high school lol.

BOROSUN
06-23-2011, 11:32 PM
that's awsome guys. but, you know what's more awsome?? AI on the knicks.

cmon, get me some AI knicks.

Phlip
06-24-2011, 12:18 PM
that's awsome guys. but, you know what's more awsome?? AI on the knicks.

cmon, get me some AI knicks.

AI on the Knicks would be to revisit the “terrible decision making” Knicks, real fans don’t want that.

In all, I thought this draft was TERRIBLY weak, as far as draft classes go

BOROSUN
06-24-2011, 01:10 PM
no way...i think a lot of knicks fans would like to have AI. including myself. he said he's will to be a roleplayer and do what it takes to help the team.

billups/cp3 ,AI, td
td, AI, iman , mason
melo,iman, fields
amare, jordan, jefries
turiaf, jordan, harellson

the primary is melo half court game and now we can switch off to get that fast transition game.

Gnnr
06-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Yeah, more offense, thats what the Knicks need. :keke:

BOROSUN
06-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Yeah, more offense, thats what the Knicks need. :keke:

that's right. its more a different option of offense.
we have defense we just need a better coaching on D which we already fixed.

if you look at that roster everyone can play D. minus jeffries and only if melo tried he's good. AI has D but not that 1 on 1 lock down but creating turnovers. we have players now to fill in those roles.

how did the heat lost to us with a halfass D, anyways?.:snoop:

frsh4
06-24-2011, 02:13 PM
i liked Charlotte's picks.
Bismack Biyombo [no offensive game but the bobcats addressed their rebounding and shot blocking issues here. i just hope he develops quickly.]
Kemba Walker [this pick makes up for the offense that the bobcats won't get with their first pick. and it should boost ticket sales.]

Bobafreak
06-24-2011, 02:16 PM
The draft was super weak. Didnt like the picks at all... Hope Knicks do good this yr. I would like them to go somehwere. Tired of wearing my knicks jersey in la and getting into a debate EVERYTIME!

aziankingz
06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
The draft was super weak. Didnt like the picks at all... Hope Knicks do good this yr. I would like them to go somehwere. Tired of wearing my knicks jersey in la and getting into a debate EVERYTIME!

Keep repping the orange and blue man!

Gnnr
06-24-2011, 03:49 PM
HTurUth--D8

pimpin :snoop:

frsh4
06-24-2011, 03:56 PM
^ his girlfriend is like what 6-8!?
amazon! :]
haha

uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! does this mess up mark jackson's playoff dreams? Ellis wants out.
SLAM ONLINE | » Monta Ellis on His Way Out of GS? (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/06/monta-ellis-on-his-way-out-of-gs/)

edit:
i just saw this:
Minnesota receives: Brad Miller, [No. 23 pick (Nikola Mirotic) traded to the Bulls], future first-round pick
Houston receives: Jonny Flynn,No.20pick (Donatas Motiejunas)
did this happen last night?

drivens13
06-24-2011, 08:50 PM
We in Charlotte did alright at the draft this year, finally.
Got Biz Bo to help address Gerald Wallace who is now with Portland.
Traded Steven Jackson away and freed up Cap space.
Kemba Walker will help push DJ Augustine which did run the offense well but never has been much of a scorer.

Exciting times here in Charlotte as we are rebuilding both our NFL and NBA teams.

greddygalant
06-24-2011, 09:02 PM
^biz bo isn't close to what G DUB was in Charlotte, they still will have all sorts of issues @ SF
I like the Felton trade for Portland, although I'll miss Miller, hopefully since felton and wallace played together in Charlotte they'll have some decent chemistry in Portland, and I imagine since Felton was able to play well with amare he can play with aldridge

FRpilot
06-25-2011, 02:25 AM
uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! does this mess up mark jackson's playoff dreams? Ellis wants out.
SLAM ONLINE | » Monta Ellis on His Way Out of GS? (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/06/monta-ellis-on-his-way-out-of-gs/)

meh.. ellis a potent scorer and his jumper has gotten pretty good and he finishes amazingly at the rim, but he is too small (even though he looks like he bulked up considerably since his rookie season). when bdiddy and sjax was in GS, he respected them, but after they got traded he became a bigot and headcase in GS only out for his numbers and money. i doubt he cares about winning, even if he gets traded.

even though that rumor of ellis, biedrins, and udoh for dwight is laughable (orlando probably spit on it instantly if it was even a real offer from GS) i can dream and would take it in a heartbeat. GS has never had a dominating big man in the 15 yrs or so that i have been following basketball. i can dream.

Gnnr
06-26-2011, 04:27 AM
b9ZbjTwZMe0

Fuck that makes me wanna go work out.

treken2t87
06-27-2011, 05:03 PM
haha that's awesome. so i bet you'll be going to alot more home games, think george will get you free tix? lol.

Yeah I'm definitely excited and I'm sure I'll be going to way more games this season than the past few seasons combined.

That would be sweet if he got us free tickets but I bet I'll have to buy them. That's okay though, I'm so happy he's playing for the home team.

BOROSUN
06-28-2011, 12:24 PM
fzZtjAZvixM

iman is not only defensive he is capable of double double or even triple DD.

can't wait to see them play. i hope i see improvement from fields and td.

frsh4
06-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Blazers give qualifying offer to ex-No. 1 pick Greg Oden - NBA - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/06/29/greg.oden.ap/index.html?sct=nba_t2_a5)
what?!
ehhhh

FRpilot
06-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Blazers give qualifying offer to ex-No. 1 pick Greg Oden - NBA - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/06/29/greg.oden.ap/index.html?sct=nba_t2_a5)
what?!
ehhhh

might as well and worth the risk since blazers already invested all these years into him. it would be a shame if he suddenly got healthy, and you didn't sign him to a qualifying offer.

plus paul allen is a multibillionaire. $8.8M is nothing to him and worth it as cheap insurance.

Phlip
06-29-2011, 07:15 PM
what?!
ehhhh

As bad an idea as it is, he is worth more in a trade than he is if he walks for nothing.

Gnnr
06-29-2011, 09:31 PM
And this is why there will be a lockout. Moron owners. Dude is done. Get over it people. Ship his ass to a team with a real medical staff (Phoenix).

frsh4
06-29-2011, 09:44 PM
might as well and worth the risk since blazers already invested all these years into him. it would be a shame if he suddenly got healthy, and you didn't sign him to a qualifying offer.

plus paul allen is a multibillionaire. $8.8M is nothing to him and worth it as cheap insurance.

true i forgot about paul allen.
i just hope he can last a full season!
i've been wanting to see him play

Gnnr
06-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Arenas, Dwight Howard start ‘planking’ war | Blog Archive | The Basketball Jones | Blogs | TheScore.com (http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/06/29/gilbert-arenas-dwight-howard-start-planking-war/#more-23038)

lulz where had

Phlip
06-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Mike Brown adds Kuester to coaching staff (http://www.foxsportswest.com/06/29/11/Lakers-hire-John-Kuester-as-assistant-co/landing_lakers.html?blockID=535906&feedID=3707)

Yeah, I am beginning to get pissed

Silvette
06-30-2011, 09:33 AM
Draft is underway....first 2 picks no brainers.

Irving to CLE
Williams to MIN
Kanter to UTA

I don't either. Everyone remember Adam Morrison and JJ Redick?? They had the same hype coming out of College as the top scorer's and player of the year. Fredette will have the same fate as those two did.

what?!
ehhhh

Imagine if they took KD, as a Laker fan I'm thankful they took a 7ft with bum knees.

And this is why there will be a lockout. Moron owners. Dude is done. Get over it people. Ship his ass to a team with a real medical staff (Phoenix).

agreed

enkei2k
06-30-2011, 02:06 PM
They done did it...Lockout coming!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=As0JIASrwB7LGhPBuyuqrvK8vLYF?slug=ap-nbalabor

frsh4
06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
SLAM ONLINE | » Report: Kings Trade Omri Casspi, First Round Pick for Cavs’ JJ Hickson (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/06/report-kings-trade-omri-casspi-first-round-pick-for-cavs-jj-hickson/)
demarcus cousins F/C, sam dalembert C, jason thompson F, j.j. hickson F/C, darnell jackson F, hassan whiteside C
LOGJAM.
who's next to go? samuel dalembert to free agency? or jason thompson via trade?

Imagine if they took KD, as a Laker fan I'm thankful they took a 7ft with bum knees.

haha i think about it often, how sweet it wouldve been :)

Silvette
06-30-2011, 03:10 PM
SLAM ONLINE | » Report: Kings Trade Omri Casspi, First Round Pick for Cavs’ JJ Hickson (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/06/report-kings-trade-omri-casspi-first-round-pick-for-cavs-jj-hickson/)
demarcus cousins F/C, sam dalembert C, jason thompson F, j.j. hickson F/C, darnell jackson F, hassan whiteside C
LOGJAM.
who's next to go? samuel dalembert to free agency? or jason thompson via trade?

haha i think about it often, how sweet it wouldve been :)

Yea Lamarcus, Roy and KD ... that will compete with the Heats for the next decade.

frsh4
06-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Yea Lamarcus, Roy and KD ... that will compete with the Heats for the next decade.

damn, that would've been a squad!!
every time i think about the current blazers i get sad lol.
greg oden, brandon roy! man...
you mean *Heat

ALTRNTV
06-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Lockout: Day 1 tomorrow.

Gnnr
06-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Well, now that its official I will mentally distance myself as much as possible as I expect there to be no season. I really don't care to follow this whole lockout business and will ignore it much as I have the NFL one.

Unless things end up better than expected, see you guys in 2012.

oramos23
07-01-2011, 12:00 AM
This really pisses me off..

ALTRNTV
07-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Go check out NBA.com for lulz.

frsh4
07-02-2011, 02:05 AM
that website is tragic
-_______________-
i went on there yesterday morning and for a second i thought i was in the wrong place.
it's so empty!

BOROSUN
07-05-2011, 08:19 PM
so, no summer league tomorrow?

BOROSUN
07-07-2011, 09:01 PM
c--Vrbk3PmQ

BOROSUN
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
one more
Cft2Cv5Ojvo

Gnnr
07-07-2011, 11:52 PM
To Riq and frsh4, Happy Lebronukkah! A year already, wow. :)

Phlip
07-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Since he proved me right in the finals and that was last year's business, I have said nothing about LeBron James in about 3-4 weeks.
Then I happened upon this...
http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/the-whore-of-akron-book-cover.jpg
Yes, this is apparently a real book.

Anyway, back to our NBA Vacations.

frsh4
07-08-2011, 01:43 PM
we've been expecting it but it still kinda sucks.
SLAM ONLINE | » Yao Ming Is Retiring (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/07/yao-ming-is-retiring/)

so sonny weems and now deron williams have gone overseas.
i hear zaza pachulia wants to join williams
SLAM ONLINE | » Deron Williams Agreed to Play in Turkey During NBA Lockout (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/07/deron-williams-agreed-to-play-in-turkey-during-nba-lockout/)

mickael pietrus said kobe would like to see him in a lakers uniform and that the celtics are also interested in him. i think the celtics need to lock him up.

it was a good year. lol.

enkei2k
07-18-2011, 09:01 AM
schedule to be released:

NBA to release 2011-12 schedule amid lockout - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=sportsxchange-000364519_nba-to-release-201112-schedule-amid-lockout)

mentions:
Mavs vs Heat on Christmas
Heat vs Knicks opening day

if no lockout of course.

Gnnr
07-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Well, guess that Christmas will suck. We're 14-0 in the regular season against the Mavs.

Riq
07-20-2011, 10:40 AM

Happy late Lebronukkah homie. I have been stuck in Jacksonville NC since the day before the NBA Finals began. I couldnt even get on Zilvia from there because T-moble only has 1G internet speed there so nothing would load. All I can say is friggin Dirk killed it and im glad he finally got one. I hate this lockout bullshot.I thought I heard that they were working on a deal to avoid a lockout during the season, ofcourse that failed. The problem is these new oweners, they should have never been given these teams. They took a shitload of loans to buy these teams and manage them like shit and now they're crying out their asses because they cant hang with the big boys. I really hope we dont lose games because of this crap, its not good for fans like me that spend atleast one hour per day looking for NBA news. this should be the best part of the offseason yet we're stuck talking about players going to play in some hole in the wall overseas.

Gnnr
07-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Sup homie. Some news for you.

Regardless of whether James Jones re-signs (and there’s mutual interest), we hear forward Shane Battier will be very much on the Heat’s radar after the lockout. The Houston Chronicle, after interviewing Battier, said “don’t be surprised” if he signs with the Heat or Bulls.

The Heat long has admired Battier and fellow free agents Tayshaun Prince and Grant Hill, but the question is if any will take less money to sign here. Hill told The Arizona Republic “it would be nice” to re-sign with Phoenix. Detroit wants to keep Prince.

Of those three, “Battier would be the best fit — when you play Dwyane Wade or LeBron James at the point, you want a three-man who can shoot,” said Kerr, who likes Jones in that role. Battier made 102 three-pointers last season (38.2 percent), compared with 45 for Hill (39.5 percent) and 34 for Prince (34.7 percent). If the Heat signs Battier, Prince or Hill, it could create playing time by having Wade or James assume more ball-handling duties when Mario Chalmers is out of the game.

Read more: Eddy Curry, Shane Battier on Miami Heat’s radar; Finals rematch set - Sports Buzz - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/17/2317476/eddy-curry-shane-battier-on-miami.html#ixzz1SjEBvnwX)

Give me Dalembert and Battier/Prince. Hell yeah! :)

Gnnr
07-26-2011, 10:12 AM
The fact that the NFL resolved thier matters so quickly and missed no games will just make the NBA's pathetic and predicted lengthy lockout look even more embarrassing.

Phlip
07-26-2011, 01:46 PM
I'll take stupid tattoo ideas for 100, Alex

Heat fan gets LeBron's face tattooed on leg (http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/07/25/11/Heat-fan-gets-LeBrons-face-tattooed-on-l/landing_heat.html?blockID=541286&feedID=3720)

frsh4
07-26-2011, 02:28 PM
I'll take stupid tattoo ideas for 100, Alex

Heat fan gets LeBron's face tattooed on leg (http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/07/25/11/Heat-fan-gets-LeBrons-face-tattooed-on-l/landing_heat.html?blockID=541286&feedID=3720)

nothing aggravates me more than stupid tattoos
and then this person went and got a sad faced lebron? lol.
seriously. :down:

Riq
07-26-2011, 07:25 PM
The fact that the NFL resolved thier matters so quickly and missed no games will just make the NBA's pathetic and predicted lengthy lockout look even more embarrassing.

I agree 100%, the problem is that all the terrible new NBA owners keep crying about losing money. The Nba's tax audit showed an 11% boost this year yet they claim a loss but refuse to open the books. The Nba is really far away from a deal. Im getting to watch Euro league games when the stars sign up. The only way to fix this is to cut all the bad teams out of the Nba.

frsh4
08-07-2011, 02:12 PM
shaking off the cobwebs lol.

i got super excited when i read this!
Redd, McGrady in Heat's future? - NBA - Pro Basketball - Rumors - FanNation (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/300670-redd-mcgrady-in-heats-future?sct=nba_t2_a11&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI)
although the smart money is on a defensive hard working player like Prince, Hill, or Battier all that went out the window when i learned that one of my favorite players of all time might sign with the Heat.
a 6'8 PG/SG/SF, who despite being on the bad side of 30 and with health issues that give me nightmares, would be a nice addition to the team.

Gnnr
08-07-2011, 05:00 PM
McGrady? Fuck him. He kept talking shit when we didn't call his ass last summer.

"When they're on the court together, they're terrible," McGrady told the paper. "Him and D-Wade don't complement each other.

Detroit Pistons swingman Tracy McGrady said LeBron James should have chosen the Chicago Bulls - ESPN Chicago (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5862624)

"Keep booing me. I love it. It really doesn’t bother me at all," McGrady said. "It’s not like I was like Chris Bosh and selling out the city like the city was horrible or something, making crazy comments about the city."

McGrady wasn't done there, however. The one-time prize of the 2000 free-agent pool, who famously spurned the Chicago Bulls after a recruitment visit, says that LeBron should have signed with Chicago instead of the Heat.

Tracy?

"It was a better decision, a better place for him," said McGrady, who scored a season-high 13 points off the bench for the Pistons Sunday, but was 0-for-3 after intermission. "You can't just go somewhere and have that type of chemistry he had in Cleveland."

And lets not forget '06

Interviewer: Was it a little ridiculous how Dwyane Wade
got all the calls?

TMac: Yeah, yeah it really was. I'll tell you man, it
seems if you were watching that game, seemed like it was
rigged. Seriously. I know the NBA....

Fuck that noise. I know theres more too, which I can't find right now. Do not want his badmouthing, hating, tired, injury prone, washed up, garbage ass.

FRpilot
08-07-2011, 11:03 PM
i never got what the hell was wrong with tmac's health. he was drafted after KG and Kobe as guys out of high school and I understand kobe and kg slowing down now in their early 30s, but tmac's body broke down only after a few years like at 26 years old.

was it poor conditioning or is he just fragile. it's not like he had too many major injuries or surgeries until recently. maybe back spasms are frequent and serious business.

frsh4
08-07-2011, 11:04 PM
i never got what the hell was wrong with tmac's health. he was drafted after KG and Kobe as guys out of high school and I understand kobe and kg slowing down now in their early 30s, but tmac's body broke down only after a few years like at 26 years old.

was it poor conditioning or is he just fragile. it's not like he had too many major injuries or surgeries until recently. maybe back spasms are frequent and serious business.

maybe its just bad luck. same thing is happening to Brandon Roy as we speak :[

Riq
08-09-2011, 06:29 PM
McGrady? Fuck him. He kept talking shit when we didn't call his ass last summer.

Detroit Pistons swingman Tracy McGrady said LeBron James should have chosen the Chicago Bulls - ESPN Chicago (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5862624)

And lets not forget '06 Yo

Fuck that noise. I know theres more too, which I can't find right now. Do not want his badmouthing, hating, tired, injury prone, washed up, garbage ass.

Every report I hear from Ira Windermen says the Heat aren't interested in that scrub. I did however hear that Grant Hill and Shane Batier are on our radar. I doubt Tayshaun will land here because he is still worth MLE at the minimum. I expect atleast one or two of those three to land here. I also expect D-Wade to move to the 1 while one of them start at the two. I'm very happy to hear that LeBron is working on his post game during the lockout dispite what some Lbj haters think about him not caring about tge game and only caring about "being an icon" blah blah hating bullshit...

frsh4
08-09-2011, 06:52 PM
ditto. glad to hear he's finally working on that aspect of his game. it was long overdue. maybeeee it will result in another MVP? lol.
i think grant hill will retire in phx. he seems to be loyal to them because they took a chance on him and it worked out.
i believe the celtics tried to get him two seasons ago but he stayed with the suns.
and dumars still likes prince so i doubt he'll let him go. i can see battier coming to miami though.
we need a big...

question: does signing Battier, Hill, Prince, or McGrady mean letting go James Jones?
cuzzzzz after game 1 vs bos i damn near fell in love with him.

Gnnr
08-09-2011, 09:12 PM
JJ opted out so we gotta see what happens with him. But yeah, most likely him or Miller to make room...and Wade is not going to run point. Chalmers proved his worth to merit another go and I do think they're going to try develop Cole and Pittman.

BOROSUN
08-09-2011, 09:21 PM
yo check this...

PPPMcaVHHbo

yesh!

frsh4
08-10-2011, 12:56 AM
JJ opted out so we gotta see what happens with him. But yeah, most likely him or Miller to make room...and Wade is not going to run point. Chalmers proved his worth to merit another go and I do think they're going to try develop Cole and Pittman.

i'm seriously wishing/praying that Pittman starts to contribute this next season. i think chalmers should start. solid 3pt shooter. smart player. why not.

Riq
08-10-2011, 10:51 PM

The problem with Rio running the point as a starter is he lacks consistant good decision making on a nightly basis. There is a reason Spo started everyone over Rio last season. I think Rio can be a good starter but he wouldn't be a better point than D.Wade. The big disadvantage of this lockout is the lack of practice for our young players. I doubt Cole and Pittman will get much rotation time this season sadly. Remember Riles is 100% against playing kids when he has a championship roster on hand. I really hope to see them play well and get in the rotation this season. As far as Grant Hill goes he went on record to say that he wants to play in Miami this season if he doesn't re-up in PHX. But I want battier more than either of them. I think he fits Miami Heat basketball the best of the 3. God I want this lockout to be over already, Miami sports is dead right because of the bad Marlins and terribly mismanaged Miami Dolphins, I mean seriously Chad Henne yet again??? Vince Young could out play that scrub any day. The Miami sports fan is hurting for its only contender right now...

Gnnr
08-11-2011, 12:05 AM
The problem with Rio running the point as a starter is he lacks consistant good decision making on a nightly basis. There is a reason Spo started everyone over Rio last season. I think Rio can be a good starter but he wouldn't be a better point than D.Wade. The big disadvantage of this lockout is the lack of practice for our young players. I doubt Cole and Pittman will get much rotation time this season sadly. Remember Riles is 100% against playing kids when he has a championship roster on hand. I really hope to see them play well and get in the rotation this season. As far as Grant Hill goes he went on record to say that he wants to play in Miami this season if he doesn't re-up in PHX. But I want battier more than either of them. I think he fits Miami Heat basketball the best of the 3. God I want this lockout to be over already, Miami sports is dead right because of the bad Marlins and terribly mismanaged Miami Dolphins, I mean seriously Chad Henne yet again??? Vince Young could out play that scrub any day. The Miami sports fan is hurting for its only contender right now...

Look, I would love DWade to run point but it aint happening. He's just moved so far away from those days in his play you can see it just doesn't work the same when he does. Cole is a true PG and the reasoning is that they'll try to develop him in hopes that he can outdo Chalmers given a couple of years, which I think wont be too hard to do. Also, Riley already stated Pittman is in the plans for the next season. Where is that quote from Hill, I haven't seen it?

Riq
08-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Look, I would love DWade to run point but it aint happening. He's just moved so far away from those days in his play you can see it just doesn't work the same when he does. Cole is a true PG and the reasoning is that they'll try to develop him in hopes that he can outdo Chalmers given a couple of years, which I think wont be too hard to do. Also, Riley already stated Pittman is in the plans for the next season. Where is that quote from Hill, I haven't seen it?

Sun-Sentinel ran a story about Hill saying where he would like to go. Although I do agree that D-Wade is far from a natural PG, both he a LeBron would be far better PG's than what we have on the current roster. Yes I agree that Pittman and Cole are in the plans but the lack of a summer league hurts both of their chances at getting in the rotation especially when you consider that this Heat team was an agressive LeBron away from winning it all. I'm not saying that Pittman and Cole wont be good on this roster but I can't overstate what they can do this season with the lack of offseason work with the Coaches. Cole lacks a long range game and wont have the ball enough to score unless it's a catch and shoot. Don't be suprised if we are able to get Battier that gets to start while D-Wade runs the point. I'm saying that it will happen for sure but that would be a better wing lineup than what we had last season. Again I like Rio but baised on his track record I can't see him being the starting pg on a championship team. That's like winning the Super Bowl with Chad Henne as your QB. His lack of focus as well as dumb mistakes kill your chances at the end.

boobs13
08-15-2011, 02:46 PM
No more lockout!!! :)

smh.

Gnnr
08-15-2011, 02:51 PM
No more lockout!!! :)

smh.

Fuck dude, this aint the NFL thread. Not funny. :rant2:

Riq
08-15-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm guessing that we will watching Kobe going one on one against D-Wade for the EBA championship lmao. The lack of unity during this NBA lockout tells me this season will be a wash.

enkei2k
08-16-2011, 07:26 AM
S3uEET94UBw

source: LeBron gets dunked on in Taiwanese exhibition (http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/08/16/11/LeBron-gets-dunked-on-in-Taiwanese-exhib/landing_heat.html?blockID=548650&feedID=3798&gt1=39002)

Riq
08-16-2011, 05:31 PM
I guess the lockout is really hurting everyone. I hear Kobe has started snatching cell phones from church people on Sundays to cell them in the hood. Tisk tisk, when will Kobe grow up? The story is all over espn...

FRpilot
08-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I guess the lockout is really hurting everyone. I hear Kobe has started snatching cell phones from church people on Sundays to cell them in the hood. Tisk tisk, when will Kobe grow up? The story is all over espn...

I haven't watched tv in a while, but does kobe really need to do that? i don't believe so, he's one of the highest paid players.

not sure that the players are feeling the hurt yet. they normally don't get paid this time of year.

boobs13
08-16-2011, 06:10 PM

The story was that someone was taking pictures of him and his family at church. This is why all these is happening I think other ppl that starts shit like these "SHOULD GROW UP".

I'm pretty sure you or me would of done the same.

boobs13
08-16-2011, 06:16 PM
S3uEET94UBw

source: LeBron gets dunked on in Taiwanese exhibition (http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/08/16/11/LeBron-gets-dunked-on-in-Taiwanese-exhib/landing_heat.html?blockID=548650&feedID=3798&gt1=39002)

lmao

announcer: In other news, professional basketball player Lebron James got dunk on by a kid. He must really fail in life lmao.

Sorry I had to say it.

boobs13
08-16-2011, 06:21 PM
yo check this...

PPPMcaVHHbo

yesh!

NICE! looks like Camerlo really wants cp3 in new york. I think you guys should you guys deserve it. You guys need to show the East who's boss :)

Riq
08-16-2011, 06:29 PM
The story was that someone was taking pictures of him and his family at church. This is why all these is happening I think other ppl that starts shit like these "SHOULD GROW UP".

I'm pretty sure you or me would of done the same.

lol at you taking this in a personal way. No shit that is the story, I was joking about it. I did say the story is on Espn so anyone that didn't know the whole story may have gone there to see what happened. i understand that you're a Laker fan but there is no need to lose your sense of humor just because someone is joking about Kobe. Also to reply to your second question NO I would never snatch someone elses phone unless its my daughters cell. Someone taking a picture of YOU doesn't give YOU the right to snatch THEIR shit. dissrespect like that gets you layed out where I come from. It's a friggen picture during church for godsakes, it's not like Kobe was raping anyone or doing anything wrong so why touch what isn't his? I don't care how much of a homer you may be, there is no way to justify touching someone elses things.

Was that grown up enough for you? Don't take life so seriously, Kobe doesn't care if you stick up for him or not. Neither does anyone else...

boobs13
08-16-2011, 06:55 PM
they took pictures of "His" family read carefully bro. Which is why he got mad.

And no one is getting mad in these thread, Looks like you are the one

Anyways Back to the subject lets hope we get these lockout cituation finish by Next month.

Riq
08-16-2011, 07:36 PM
they took pictures of "His" family read carefully bro. Which is why he got mad.

And no one is getting mad in these thread, Looks like you are the one

Anyways Back to the subject lets hope we get these lockout cituation finish by Next month.

When espn first broke the story I.e when I first mentioned it they said Kobe got angry because pictures were taken of HIM. At no time did they mention his family and even if his family were on the pics im sure it was because Kobe was right next to them. Just in you don't know, no one cares about taking pic's of Kobe's family. And no I am in no way angry I just dont like people acting stupid over a nothing subject like Kobe snatching a phone. So this means that Kobe is on high alert for smartphones whenever he goes to the post office with his family huh.

Moving on, yes this lockout sucks.

musikjunkie
08-17-2011, 01:39 AM
and on the after report on KOBE SNATCHING ACT OF VIOLENCE.... the owner of the phone when to the hospital because his wrist hurts. he is now considering taking legal action.. hahahahahaha

revat619
08-17-2011, 02:07 AM
the whole phone snatching thing is totally understandable IMO. I dont care who the celebrity is. I have no sympathy for paparazzi or the people who arent but act in the same manner. Just because a person is famous, doesn't mean you can just invade someone's personal space and get away with it. It's one thing if they're on the red carpet or whatever, but when people are just going to the store for groceries, spending time with their families in intimate settings, or just running errands like a normal person, have some effing class and leave them the hell alone. They're still people like you and me.

Thing is, if the dude was that close in his picture taking to get it snatched out of his hand, he was too damn close to begin with among other things. AND its a frickin church! Have some respect for the place if nothing else. And the "my wrist hurts now" is total bullshit. Whatever. Russell Crowe has punched several paparazzi and broken cameras worth thousands of dollars for invading his space. If Kobe was really that pissed, i'd say his actions were pretty modest. lol

frsh4
08-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Miller 4 President!

rumors are swirling that reggie miller might take over for larry bird next year.

Phlip
08-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Magic's Howard working with free throw guru (http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/08/26/11/Magics-Howard-working-with-FT-guru-Palub/landing_magic.html?blockID=554236&feedID=3720)

For his career, he has missed 2070 free throws, having averaged 9 shot a game. A 15% increase in his 59% percentage would have been another 729 total (not per season) points to the bottom line, assuming things were as they actually happened. Everyone knows when you can’t foul someone for profit, you stop fouling them. That said, he would either truck more people en route to the rim, or be so bold that he would make moves that would get him fouled at a Kobe/D-Wade rate.
Either way, we would easily see his average PPG rise to the neighborhood of 30 which, when factoring in his rebounding and defense-saving ball chasing might make him more credible in the MVP discussion.

… if it works, of course.

FRpilot
08-28-2011, 01:24 AM
speaking of dwight, if his offensive game was more like shaq's, he would be a 30ppg player without the free throws. shaq's defense wasn't bad, but i don't recall him winning any defensive player of the year awards like d12. how many all nba defensive teams did shaq make? it can't be none.

it makes me appreciate how great shaq's game was as a center even though he could have been better if he tried harder.

ALTRNTV
08-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Shaq never had a DPOY award... his highest in that regard was a 3-time spot on the 2nd Team All-Defensive Team.

Phlip
08-28-2011, 07:25 AM
speaking of dwight, if his offensive game was more like shaq's, he would be a 30ppg player without the free throws. shaq's defense wasn't bad, but i don't recall him winning any defensive player of the year awards like d12. how many all nba defensive teams did shaq make? it can't be none.

it makes me appreciate how great shaq's game was as a center even though he could have been better if he tried harder.

Yeah, and my thing is that THAT is where D12 and Shaq differ. Shaq was about being an entertainer and getting his money. THAT is in offensive play, not defense.
In my opinion, if Shaq had committed himself to defense and conditioning while maintaining his offensive chops as presented, then he would be in the greatest PLAYER ever conversation, not just in the "top 5 centers" conversation.

SimpleS14
08-28-2011, 08:54 AM
yo check this...

PPPMcaVHHbo

yesh!

That's a nice vid and beat!

enkei2k
08-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Javaris Crittenton is so screwed right now:

Ex-Laker Javaris Crittenton sought in fatal drive-by shooting - latimes.com (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/08/ex-lakers-player-sought-in-slaying-of-woman.html)

SimpleS14
09-05-2011, 07:00 PM
http://www.ovemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/375.jpg

Old documentary, but I just saw it on Netflix and thought it was pretty good. Anyone else see this?

Riq
09-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Chris Sheridan ex-Espn insider writer wrote on his blog that the Nba met yesturday and will be meeting today and tomorrow. He also said that they are much closer to a deal than most have reported. He said that they are roughly $173m away from a deal as well as the hard cap situation being figured out. Owners want a hard cap to go into effect in the next 3 years but if that happens the Miami Heat (the reason the nba did so well this year) would have to break up the big 3 as well as teams like Dallas, L.A, NY etc. On top of that the players would have to retroactively pay back an absurd amount of money back. The players are 100% against this so this would have to be worked out. Other than that I see the NBA season starting on time :). Oh and there may be a third round in the NBA draft in the new cba. The way it will work is that the 15 lotto teams will get 2 picks each in the first round while the other teams start picking in the second round. This should help terribad teams like the Cav's and Wolves since they would get 2 chances to get it right in the first roumd without needing to trade for the picks.

Phlip
09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I think a third round in the draft is a bad idea… Seriously, look at how many players in the FIRST round wind up not panning out in 3-5 seasons. All a third round would do is create more underclassmen entering the league, damning the overall talent levels with the ones that make it in for a couple years and damning the overall talent levels in college for the sheer number that leave.

Riq
09-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I think a third round in the draft is a bad idea… Seriously, look at how many players in the FIRST round wind up not panning out in 3-5 seasons. All a third round would do is create more underclassmen entering the league, damning the overall talent levels with the ones that make it in for a couple years and damning the overall talent levels in college for the sheer number that leave.

I agree 100% but I guess this is a way to help the mismanaged teams get better. If you look at it, the elite teams dont count on the draft to be competitive. I'm almost 100% sure that if there is a 3rd round 90% of those players dont make a roster. I see it as a small step towards shutting the mouths of the owners that brought this lockout in the first place dew to their terrible team management and bad contracts. If they can't make money picking up the best players in the draft they will have no one to blame but themselves.

Gnnr
09-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't see there being any NBA 'till 2012.

Riq
09-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Trust there will be Gnnr, the NBA had a huge year last season and the owners know that fans can quickly boycot the league all together. If that happens, no one makes money. Plus like I said they're not far away from a deal. I feel a deal will be reached by October 1st, commen sense will take control of this pissing contest with the owners and players

Gnnr
09-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Yes, but I have no faith in the parties involved. I really do think they are that stupid.

revat619
09-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Trust there will be Gnnr, the NBA had a huge year last season and the owners know that fans can quickly boycot the league all together. If that happens, no one makes money. Plus like I said they're not far away from a deal. I feel a deal will be reached by October 1st, commen sense will take control of this pissing contest with the owners and players

I REALLY want to 100% agree with you on this, but....

Yes, but I have no faith in the parties involved. I really do think they are that stupid.

part of me cant shake those same sentiments....

Why?

Stern.

Riq
09-09-2011, 10:47 AM
I REALLY want to 100% agree with you on this, but....

part of me cant shake those same sentiments....

Why?

Stern.

I agree that Stern is a tool much like Roger Godell for the NFL. My faith is in the fact that the owners are business men that understand they're playing with fire. Although both sides are keeping it hush hush it did get out that the players went into yesturdays meeting pleeding with the NBA and asking them what can be done to end this nonsense. At this point from what I have read, the owners undetstand that they can't have it 100% their way. Next Tuesday will be huge, the union will update the players as well as show them the proposed deal and the NBA will do the same with the owners. We can use next week as a good indicator for what is to come but even if nothing happens, as long as a deal is reached by october 1st, we will have 1 week of training camp, maybe a 2 game presseason and a 82 game season. This is why I still have hope, if a deal isn't reached on time, the 20 teams that claim to be losing money will lose alot more for years to come and that would make this whole process pointless.

Riq
09-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Very happy to see that sports Illustrated reported that over the weekend Derrick Fisher had been texting players to be inshape and ready to start the season on time. Looks like the owners new proposal is much better than their first but we wont know that until thursday.

enkei2k
09-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Ron Artest is now officially Metta World Peace...

in other news, I really think the NBA should do something about their D-League. Either use it well like in the MLB or just close it up altogether. When was the last time you heard some really hyped up player get called up to the NBA? MLB you hear about them almost every day. If the owners want to save money, disband the D-League altogether.

revat619
09-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Ron Artest is now officially Metta World Peace...

in other news, I really think the NBA should do something about their D-League. Either use it well like in the MLB or just close it up altogether. When was the last time you heard some really hyped up player get called up to the NBA? MLB you hear about them almost every day. If the owners want to save money, disband the D-League altogether.

I am officially tired of ARTEST and his antics....

and good point about the D-league. They definitely need to take a lesson from MLB. As of right now, it's absolutely retarded.

Gnnr
10-08-2011, 12:24 PM
For you Miami ppl, there will be a celebrity exhibition game with Wade and Lebron tonight on CBS4 at 7:30pm, then the broadcast will switch to My33 at 8:00PM.

Riq
10-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Yep, the wife and I can't wait to see it. As far as the lockout goes, it's not 11:59pm on Monday yet so we may still have a full season.

Riq
10-08-2011, 08:06 PM
OVERTIME! This game is turning out to be pretty epic. Lbj showing his post game and DWade blocking his shot. Melo looking pretty clutch with the 3 to send it to overtime.

Riq
10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
As of 6pm eastern tonight the owners and players are back at a meeting. Here is to hoping they get it done tonight. That game lastnight only made me miss the NBA more...

Gnnr
10-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I actually missed it and the DVR was set wrong. Watching the online stream.

All Star Classic « CBS Miami (http://miami.cbslocal.com/game-live-broadcast/)

Edit: Also found a youtube link

x5HFB7MPcIY

oIcLJ5FjKhI

5AbLbNDvlgA

h_j1dJf-_po

8VaJ8b-Zmh0

enkei2k
10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
first two weeks are gone.

NBA cancels season's first two weeks - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/nba-cancels-first-two-weeks-regular-season-david-stern-labor-negotiations-nba-players-association-fail-to-reach-deal-101011)

dumb ass owners and players. they should just give 100% of the BRI to the fans LOL

Riq
10-10-2011, 11:00 PM

NBA cancels season's first two weeks - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/nba-cancels-first-two-weeks-regular-season-david-stern-labor-negotiations-nba-players-association-fail-to-reach-deal-101011)

dumb ass owners and players. they should just give 100% of the BRI to the fans LOL

Dumb owners not players. It's the owners that locked them out, its also the owners that are asking the players for everything including saving badly managed teams. The players have actually given the owners alot of what they want but the owners want more. Greed= fuck the fans, sadly enough. The owners claim a $300m loss, for each % point of BRI the players give up from their current 57%= $20m. The players have given up 4points= $80m and they were willing to give up one more to get it done. that would give the owners $100m of the claimed $300m loss (which by the way there is no proof of because the owners refuse to open the books). I'm angry because I remember how much it sucked during the strike in 98' but the players are truely not at fault on this one. It's all David Stern and the bunch of greed driven dicks that he has allowed to buy these franchises. It's not about winning like the owners claim, it's only about money and they feel like the fans are going to rush back as soon as they decide they should.

lucky7
10-11-2011, 04:35 AM

it's perfect. if the NBA never resumes, that would be more than fine.

Phlip
10-12-2011, 05:42 PM

Please relegate yourself to threads on topics that interest you instead of dropping in on ones that don't just to fling shit, thank you.

Back to the topic at hand...

Amar'e Stoudemire believes NBA players will form own league if season is canceled - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/NBA-lockout-Amare-Stoudemire-believes-players-will-form-own-league-101111)

Amar'e should PROBABLY shut the fuck up.
"man, if we don't have a league for 2-3 years and we want to play ball against top level talent, we're gonna have to start our own league"
That is laughable.

ALTRNTV
10-12-2011, 06:29 PM
You again? Go back to your hockey thread.

lucky7
10-12-2011, 06:37 PM
the entire thing is a joke. why is it so necessary that guys that bounce a ball around be paid so much? all sports are the same. our society has its priorities severely mixed up. love or hate the sport, everyone is acting like a douche at current time.

ALTRNTV
10-12-2011, 06:39 PM
the entire thing is a joke. why is it so necessary that guys that bounce a ball around be paid so much? all sports are the same. our society has its priorities severely mixed up. love or hate the sport, everyone is acting like a douche at current time.
In their defense, they are the majority reason on why the owners bring in all that money.

lucky7
10-12-2011, 07:23 PM
i'm not singling out the players, i feel they're all to blame. i just think it's a big joke. when baseball, football and hockey did it, i felt exactly the same way.

Phlip
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
You again? Go back to your hockey thread.
You know hockey has had the most work stoppages of all major sports?

Profit sharing...
If the sport generates BILLIONS of dollars in revenue for tickets, advertising, merchandise and the likes, then it is ONLY FUCKING FAIR that the people bearing 100% of the physical risk be compensated in line with the money they generate. Sure, there are some that present a bit of fiduciary risk by not performing, but even THAT player generates more revenue for which he should be compensated than, say... a civil service job.
Using the standard "they make too much anyway" argument, the ones to bear the blame are NOT the players who make the money or the owners in position to share the profit, but the consumers who pay their money to see it.

Gnnr
10-12-2011, 09:03 PM
the entire thing is a joke. why is it so necessary that guys that bounce a ball around be paid so much? all sports are the same. our society has its priorities severely mixed up.

This makes no sense.

Sure being a brain surgeon, paramedic, armed forces, firefighter, police etc etc are careers that are more beneficial to society, but they do not operate in a setting where people pay admission to see their work.

Heck, if anything those things are actually freely available to see with the advent of reality TV and open heart surgeries being performed live over the internet and all.

lucky7
10-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Using the standard "they make too much anyway" argument, the ones to bear the blame are NOT the players who make the money or the owners in position to share the profit, but the consumers who pay their money to see it.

i left out the fans because i didn't want to come back here. :keke: plain and simple, it's everyones fault, but mostly the fans for allowing the sport to get as big as it has. with the inception of all the major pro sports in the US, something got severely fucked along the way. you're right, it's a triple-edged sword at this point. if anything, i would likely side with the owners of the teams - profit sharing? go buy your own fucking team. i don't know all the details, but the basics are there.

Phlip
10-13-2011, 06:38 AM
i left out the fans because i didn't want to come back here. :keke: plain and simple, it's everyones fault, but mostly the fans for allowing the sport to get as big as it has. with the inception of all the major pro sports in the US, something got severely fucked along the way. you're right, it's a triple-edged sword at this point. if anything, i would likely side with the owners of the teams - profit sharing? go buy your own fucking team. i don't know all the details, but the basics are there.

That same logic could be used to tell the owner s to go PLAY in their own league. Or other still, to ATTEMPT to try to sell a very fickle American public “professional” sports with anything less than the best product possible. The owners and players need one another, and the fact remains that the exorbitant salaries are (mostly) warranted and sometimes even UNDER played, based upon individual values to the team and league at large.
[explanation of that last sentence] (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Kobe-Bryant-NBA-superstars-worth-more-than-market-value-to-David-Stern-league-owners-100611)
I am convinced that the owners crying about losing money are lying as well.

Riq
10-13-2011, 08:13 AM

I'm starting to think you're a troll much like what espn's forums is filled with. Surely no American can possibly be this clueless and making such an ass of themselves on a sports thread. Please stick to what you know and let the big boys talk basketball. Fyi "BRI"=player salary, so if the owners take 100% of the profit the players play for FREE... ofcourse you would side with the owners, you have no clue how the sports economic system works, please educate yourself....

95BoostedS14
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
http://www.ovemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/375.jpg

Old documentary, but I just saw it on Netflix and thought it was pretty good. Anyone else see this?

I actually saw it a while back on Netflix as well. I'm not a LeBron fan but the documentary is really, really good. I'd definitely watch it again.

As far as the NBA goes, I'm disappointed they haven't reached a deal yet. We need basketball!!!

lucky7
10-13-2011, 12:50 PM
That same logic could be used to tell the owner s to go PLAY in their own league. Or other still, to ATTEMPT to try to sell a very fickle American public “professional” sports with anything less than the best product possible. The owners and players need one another, and the fact remains that the exorbitant salaries are (mostly) warranted and sometimes even UNDER played, based upon individual values to the team and league at large.
[explanation of that last sentence] (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Kobe-Bryant-NBA-superstars-worth-more-than-market-value-to-David-Stern-league-owners-100611)
I am convinced that the owners crying about losing money are lying as well.

i understand that, however, i don't think any of it is right. the owners are taking advantage of the "value" of the players (value is relative). specific players obviously have more worth to an organization than others - this i also understand. the point of the salary cap is to avoid monopolizing the industry, and i'm sure that team owners have mixed feelings on this subject. on one hand, it sucks that they can't put together a team that would utterly dominate the league, while in turn, they aren't forced into a bidding war going after the most desirable players - resulting in more money in their pockets. for the players, a cap keeps salaries in-line with each other. a "crappy" player making 1m / year, while the star makes 100m for the same year would be asinine. my question is this, is it most beneficial to the mediocre players, keeping the gap between the best and worst lower? or does it take money out of the pockets of the lower paid athletes in favor of the more desirable ones?

do pro athletes get paid a lot? i guess it's relative to your own perspective. i would answer the question, yes. i would even go as far as to say that they get paid far too much for what they do. again, relative to my perspective. the fine line between game and business has been crossed, and there is no going back at this point. my finger is pointed at the consumers though. without the consumer, there is no business end of it. regardless of how i feel about the game itself, i maintain that something got royally fucked along the way. athletes used to work a 9-5, and then go play the game they loved. in my eyes, the sincerity has disappeared completely. i shudder when i think that there is a financial war going on over something that in the grand scheme of things, isn't of high importance. "love of the game" has made a transition to "love of the money". i will always feel that in terms of pro sports, us americans have our priorities severely mixed up. i realize that a correlation can be made to nearly everything that involves money - yet my feelings have remained unchanged for quite some time, and likely will not differ ten years from now.

i may not know every little detail about basketball, which may be apparent to many of you, however, the sport itself has little to do with the situation. it has transcended the game portion of it entirely. now, before the shit-storm of name calling that i'm sure is going to come of this, i have little intention of arguing with anyone. my intent is simply to add to the discussion, although i obviously didn't start out on the correct foot. :p

This makes no sense.

Sure being a brain surgeon, paramedic, armed forces, firefighter, police etc etc are careers that are more beneficial to society, but they do not operate in a setting where people pay admission to see their work.

Heck, if anything those things are actually freely available to see with the advent of reality TV and open heart surgeries being performed live over the internet and all.

hospitals do in fact try to recruit the best of the best. it's the same game, with a different setting. in the medical world, the best of the best draw in people with the most money. there is such thing as a "superstar" doctor. the biggest difference between a superstar dr. and a superstar athlete is that one has very little actual "value" to society compared to the other. aside from that, they are both selling a skill. the value of that skill is dictated by us consumers, and we've done a shit job of putting them into the correct perspective. i hope this doesn't open a giant can of worms as it is not my intent.

Riq
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
hospitals do in fact try to recruit the best of the best. it's the same game, with a different setting. in the medical world, the best of the best draw in people with the most money. there is such thing as a "superstar" doctor. the biggest difference between a superstar dr. and a superstar athlete is that one has very little actual "value" to society compared to the other. aside from that, they are both selling a skill. the value of that skill is dictated by us consumers, and we've done a shit job of putting them into the correct perspective. i hope this doesn't open a giant can of worms as it is not my intent.

What is the point of your comments on here? It's obvious that you're no sports fan so why comment on here. Basically you're hating on atheletes because you rather see others in America make their money. Next you're going to say that it's also the fans' fault for making it so that actors make so much money per movie. Just give your nonsense a rest for godsake pretty please....

Phlip
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM

See, your superstar doctor is a surgeon, and he makes a couple million a year and that is based upon the shared fruits of his labor. The hospital will take their piece to pay for the drugs and anesthesia used while he does his magic, but he gets the cut for his skill. He is so good at what he does, he only "works" like 2 days a week, and spends 2 others in pre/post-surgery consulting.
Using the same parallel you just tried to use, there is literally NOTHING different from your superstar surgeon except the amount of money there is to be shared. If advertising companies, fans, and ANYONE with a dime to return off of him were willing to pump as much cash into the surgeon's work, then you bet your ass he would earn 10 million a year instead of two.
Sure, the athlete's societal 'value' may be lower, but we all know that value is more in what someone is willing to pay to see something than what the assigned fundamental value assigned to them may (or should) so happen to be.

Look, I can name 10 professions that may "deserve" more money than professional athletes, but NONE of them generate the revenue to be given a proper share of than professional athletes.

lucky7
10-13-2011, 07:09 PM
fair enough i suppose. it still doesn't deter from what i feel is "right" and "wrong".

Gnnr
10-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Sport Report - NBA Lockout & Colbert Super PAC's Ad - The Colbert Report - 2011-17-10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central (http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/399874/october-17-2011/sport-report---nba-lockout---colbert-super-pac-s-ad)

lol

Phlip
10-20-2011, 04:41 AM
As ever, ESPN does some stupid shit in ranking the top players in the league.
Screamin' A Smith and Skip Bayless agree on how wrong they were:

Ranking The NBA's Best - ESPN Video - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7122537)

revat619
10-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Yeah that list was completely ridiculous. I agree with them

boobs13
10-25-2011, 05:52 PM
I know dude lol Lebron really Hahaha! That shows that theres really dumb people out there man.

Gnnr
10-25-2011, 09:18 PM
vYDS_MEWPU0

lol, love this

Phlip
10-27-2011, 10:18 AM
See, I need the lockout to be over, because this shit is what is passing for coverage...

LeBron to get help for hairline? (http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/lebron_looking_for_help_with_his_hairline/7678531)

Look, I found it quite hilarious when it was a trending topic while LeBron tanked during the finals, but right now I would REALLY rather be reading about some preseason goings on.

FRpilot
10-27-2011, 11:54 AM
who thinks the lockout will remain the remainder of the season?

seems to me the owners are not budging at all even though the players are willing to negotiate. from 57% to 54% down to like 52%? owners still want 51/49% split or 50/50?

Phlip
10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
who thinks the lockout will remain the remainder of the season?

seems to me the owners are not budging at all even though the players are willing to negotiate. from 57% to 54% down to like 52%? owners still want 51/49% split or 50/50?

As long as small market owners keep trying to recoup money they lost on non-basketball ventures when the economy shit the bed at the expense of the players, the season is dead in the water. Until they open the books and prove that they lost money on basketball in one of the most-watched seasons in recent memory, I will continue to call that claim bullshit.
Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

FRpilot
10-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

so am i. i already had a feeling we might lose this season before the lockout even started based on what was being reported in the media, but i think everyone sort of knew this wasn't going to be a 2 month ordeal and losing the entire season might be a possibility. i honestly don't think the owners care if they lose a season since they're billionaires and can afford it and know the players will eventually give in.

you hear on espn and the radio that most people don't even care that the NBA is being locked out but when the NFL was locked out everyone was panicking. the sad thing is, i sort of feel the same, even though i still follow what little news there is.

Phlip
10-28-2011, 01:29 PM
First missed games tonight...
NBA Schedule, Pro Basketball Schedule - National Basketball Association - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/schedule)

Alligator tears

boobs13
10-29-2011, 05:40 PM
First missed games tonight...
NBA Schedule, Pro Basketball Schedule - National Basketball Association - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/schedule)

Alligator tears

I feel you man, I feel you..... :wtc:

Riq
10-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Lets thank the NBA owners for these missed games. Don't be suprised if the whole season is lost because of these greedy bastard owners. I will however be here when its over because I know Mickey Arison isn't one of the greedy ones. Lakers, Mavs, Celtics, Knicks and Bulls fans can say the same because our owners are in it to win and aren't broke, greed fueled jerks. "50/50 take it or leave it" smh...

revat619
10-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Lets thank the NBA owners for these missed games. Don't be suprised if the whole season is lost because of these greedy bastard owners. I will however be here when its over because I know Mickey Arison isn't one of the greedy ones. Lakers, Mavs, Celtics, Knicks and Bulls fans can say the same because our owners are in it to win and aren't broke, greed fueled jerks. "50/50 take it or leave it" smh...

THIS. QFT.

All while Stern continues to support the greed by these owners....

Phlip
10-30-2011, 07:27 AM
The problem is that the owners are being allowed to claim they're losing a ton of money on basketball, but NOT having to open the books to show it as fact.
Fuck, sell me some magic beans next

Gnnr
10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
I was debating whether to post this or not because I don't want to get your hopes up

Signs the NBA lockout is almost over | The Basketball Jones | Blogs | theScore.com (http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/10/28/signs-the-nba-lockout-is-almost-over/)

I'm still skeptical, but if they where to rap something up they would want to do it before Thanksgiving as to have some games on for the Holidays and recoup their losses. If not, I'll stick with my original prediction of no games 'till sometime after where the All Star Break should have been.

enkei2k
11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
ugh...so what to do now?

Gnnr
11-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah, the casual American sports fan is all fine and dandy for now since they can be distracted with football. Jut wait 'till the Superbowl passes and there is that dead zone. No Football. No Baseball. No Nascar. No F1. No NBA. Just College Basketball and Hockey.

Kill me now.

articdragon192
11-16-2011, 11:02 PM
At least we won't have to watch Mike Brown coach the Lakers for another while :/

Phlip
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
R&WIFDP’s NBA Report: The Smartest Man In The NBA Lockout « Reading & Writing Is For Dumb People (http://thetonygrands.com/2011/11/17/rwifdps-nba-report-the-smartest-man-in-the-nba-lockout/)

Words by yours truly

BOROSUN
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
what is basketball and how do you play it?

Gnnr
11-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Christmas came early boys! :D

NBA owners, players have tentative agreement - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7281052/nba-owners-players-get-tentative-deal)

revat619
11-26-2011, 03:36 AM
Finally!!!

az_240
11-26-2011, 04:08 AM
Can't let that kind of money or ratings slip through their fingers! Looking forward to the Mavs / Heat rematch season opener.

Riq
11-26-2011, 07:23 AM
I will truely have a Merry Christmas now. The Heat will open up in Dallas on TNT and LeBron will witness the Mavs getting their rings. If that doesn't snap him out of that mental block he goes through in the 4th qtr nothing will.

LETS GO HEAT FUCK YEAH, THE NBA IS FINALLY BACK!!!

aziankingz
11-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Hope this is a much needed break for knicks to take it this year!

ALTRNTV
11-26-2011, 01:01 PM
It's about damn time! Kobe's knee is fully healthy according to reports.

Gnnr
11-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Latest twitter updates from Adrian Wojnarowski

Age limit for NBA Draft is still on long B-list of issues (w/ drug testing, D-League assignments, others) that need to be negotiated out.

Among NBA team executives, there hasn't been a clamor to change one-and-done. In proposals, league has pushed for two years in college.

Here's a rundown on tentative labor deal points, via memo that's already being circulated to teams, players and agents for ratification.

Contract lengths: 5 years (Bird rights), 4 years (non-Bird); Escrow: 10% annual; Rookie scale: No reduction. Minimum salary: no reduction.

More deal points: Max salaries: only 1 level equal to 30% of cap. Extend and trades: Still allowed. (Good news for Dwight Howard-Chris Paul)

new exception: $2.5M for teams below salary cap to go over the cap. Those teams can't use mid-level or bi-annual exceptions.

Mid-level exception: non-taxpaying teams can use a $5M MLE for up to 4 years. Taxpaying teams have a $3M mid-level for up to 4 years.

Teams now have three days to match offer sheets given to their own restricted free agents.

Minimum team salary increases to 85% in first two years of deal and 90% in years thereafter.

Amnesty clause is in deal, just matter of form it takes. Last proposal allowed teams to use it on a current contract at anytime during CBA.

People keep asking about draft age rule: Still needs to be negotiated, but several team executives believe it will remain the one-and-done.

You won't have front office executives and basketball personnel pushing their owners to fight for change on rule. Most are fine with it.

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

Dis gon b gud

Gnnr
11-27-2011, 03:09 AM
Odd. After the last NBA work stoppage, the Bulls and Jazz opened with an NBA finals rematch, just as Heat and Mavs will this year
http://twitter.com/#!/ByTimReynolds

Mind = blown

Well, Heat haters. You will get to watch salt get rubbed in the wound on National Television. The Mavs will get their rings and hoist the banner on opening day.....when we play them. :/ This will surely kick start the drama to the season and connect the storylines from where we left off.

Grown man soap opera....

Phlip
11-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Bold Predictions:
New Orleans and Portland out of the playoffs due to the Chris Paul situation and injuries, respectively. Cripples and Timberwolves in, dependent upon how well Ricky Rubio does.

LeBron wins the MVP in a damn-near mandate.

Dallas Mavericks repeat.

Spoelstra Joins the ranks of those looking for work before I turn 33 in July.

aziankingz
11-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Chris Paul better not injure himself - he has a championship to win next season with the knicks!

Phlip
11-29-2011, 08:39 AM
No one said anything about Chris Paul injuring himself… what was said what that his free agency situation – and the fact that the NBA owns the Hornets – will kill their season and that the Portland Trailblazers will be done in by injury.

Gnnr
11-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Ahh, feels good to be back in the swing of checking my morning NBA news. Twitter is buzzing this morning with speculation of CP3 and Howard movement. The usual suspects are in play. NY, LA, NJ, BOS.

Phlip
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Ahh, feels good to be back in the swing of checking my morning NBA news. Twitter is buzzing this morning with speculation of CP3 and Howard movement. The usual suspects are in play. NY, LA, NJ, BOS.

I agree, I was beginning to lose my head with the lack of basketball news

OBEEWON
11-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Heard someone say Kobe.

The Herman Cain of Basketball.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/30416_516542518329_83800085_30559301_2417031_n.jpg

tricky_ab
11-29-2011, 11:49 AM

The Knicks are not getting CP3. They shouldn't even bark up that tree.

It would be like signing three top QBs to your roster.

They need a SG, they need a C, and need scoring off the bench (Sprinkle in some toughness as well).

Deandre Jordan and D12 should be the only ones the Knicks should be looking at as first targets. Crawford, Shannon Brown and others to help fill the other roles.

OBEEWON
11-29-2011, 11:54 AM
That's what we do. The Nicks and the Eagles share front offices. Worst decision making in sports history.

While we are at it we gonna try and get Maubury back. I want no parts of Chris Paul.

tricky_ab
11-29-2011, 08:24 PM
That's what we do. The Nicks and the Eagles share front offices. Worst decision making in sports history.

While we are at it we gonna try and get Maubury back. I want no parts of Chris Paul.

That last line got me, I'm not even going to front...

ALTRNTV
11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
It was also said that the Knicks would not get Carmelo Anthony...

Gnnr
11-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Well, here's the things working against the Knicks for getting Chris Paul.

Article by John Hollinger from ESPN

We've been hearing since the infamous wedding toast of last summer that Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Chris Paul want to play together for the Knicks. We're two-thirds of the way there. Melo and Amare are already Knicks, and CP can become a free agent after the season and sign with New York. Looks like a slam dunk, right?

Not so fast.

It appears the only realistic way that Paul can end up in Gotham would be if he is willing to take a massive pay cut. He would likely make about 60 percent as much in New York as he could make in New Orleans and, even in the best-case scenario, forego tens of millions of dollars compared to playing in other markets.

Let's quickly follow the salary-cap logic involved in Paul moving to the Knicks as a free agent:

• The current salary cap is at $58 million with the players taking a 51.1 percent share of BRI.

• Next year, the players' share goes down to 50 percent, likely offsetting any increase in BRI itself. In other words, one can reasonably expect next season's salary cap to be right around $58 million.

• The Knicks have $39.5 million committed just to Stoudemire and Anthony. (And before you ask, they cannot renegotiate their contracts downward.)

• Even if the Knicks got rid of everybody else and just had those two on the roster, the 10 "cap holds" for minimum salary players would occupy another $5 million in salary cap space.

• That means the Knicks have an absolute minimum of $44.5 million committed.

• Which, in turn, leaves the Knicks with an absolutely best-case scenario of a $13.5 million starting salary for Paul.

Paul will make $16.4 million this year and would be opting out of $17.7 million in 2011-12. Should he opt out next summer, a new five-year contract with the Hornets would start at $17.177 million and pay him as much as $22.3 million by the end -- a total of $98.8 million. In comparison, over the life of the maximum allowable four-year deal with the Knicks, he could get only $57.6 million.

So if Paul really wants to go to New York, he can go -- as long as he's willing to give up, at a minimum, forty million dollars to do it. (The same, incidentally, applies for Deron Williams or Dwight Howard.)

In fact, even this scenario seems optimistic as far as Paul's New York earning potential; it would basically involve New York giving away Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas, and Landry Fields, not to mention whatever players the Knicks sign this offseason or draft next June. The Knicks would have only the "mini" mid-level and a bunch of minimum contracts to use to surround Paul, Anthony and Amare -- they'd have vastly less, in other words, than even the Heat had to work with last summer.

Should the Knicks keep Shumpert and Douglas around, New York would have just $11 million for Paul's starting salary, and the total value of the contract would be half what he could get by staying a Hornet; even compared with leaving the Hornets and signing with another team for the full maximum, he'd be leaving about $30 million on the table.

Around this point, Knicks fans will point out that a free-agent signing isn't the only way Paul can end up in New York. He could also try to force a trade, and that wouldn't be as financially damaging. Paul's potential earnings improve somewhat if he wants to do a sign-and-trade or an extend-and-trade, although they still lag behind what he can make by staying.

Alas, there's one little problem with that: The Knicks would need something worth trading. Sorry, New Yorkers, the Hornets aren't giving away their superstar for Chauncey Billups' expiring contract and Douglas. They can't even trade a draft pick, as their 2012, 2014 and 2016 first-round picks are all owed to other teams and the league forbids teams from trading picks in consecutive years. In other words, if New Orleans decides to pre-emptively trade CP to avoid losing him as a free agent, there's a zero percent chance of his landing on the Knicks to join Amare and Melo.

Moreover, if the Hornets are convinced CP is leaving, it's hard to imagine them passively waiting around for Paul to ditch them in the summer. Especially after that whole LeBron thing two summers ago.

This is why I argued the Knicks overpaid in the Anthony trade with Denver rather than being patient and signing him outright over the summer -- they have no assets left to make a deal for Paul, and yet from a financial standpoint, trading for Paul is the most realistic route to bringing him on board.

Or rather, they do have one asset if it's important enough to them: They could trade Anthony for Paul.

No matter how you slice it, it seems somewhere between highly unlikely and virtually impossible for Paul to end up with Amare and Melo on the Knicks. He can't force a trade there, he'd take a financial bath signing there as a free agent, and the Hornets aren't going to sit idly by and lose him for nothing. The CP-to-New York talk to match Miami's Big 3 makes for fun conversation for this winter, but the Knicks lost hope of this happening the day they made the Anthony trade.

Also, the NBA owns the Hornets, and it would reflect negatively on them to trade to NY after they just spent months in the lockout arguing for competitive balance. Since the Knicks have no trade assets, according to Hollinger, the most likely trade destinations for CP3 are Lakers, Clippers or Celtics. The Clippers are also in a position to get both CP3 and Howard. How 'bout that!

Carmelo and Amare took max contracts (unlike Wade/Bosh/LBJ in Miami who took pay cuts) so CP3 would have to take a massive pay cut just to fit on the team, and even then, they wont have money to fill the roster. In the new CBA you can go over the cap on rookie salaries but NOT for Vet minimum. If the plan all along was to have 3 top tier players all along, I dont understand why Amare and Carmelo didn't take less to provide cap flexibility.

One more thing on the new CBA, as far as the Amnesty Exception goes. Any player that gets amnestied, is FIRST eligible to any team under the salary cap (not the luxury tax). Whatever team under the salary cap bids the highest for that player gets the player. The player has no decision on where he goes. The team is not on the hook for whatever contract money is owed to him, only the previous team is, but the new team is on the hook for the amount of time (years) left on the contract.

If non of the teams under the salary cap bid on the amnestied player, then he becomes a free agent.

Teams under the cap: Denver Nuggets, Sacramento Kings, Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies, New Jersey Nets, Washington Wizards and New Orleans Hornets.

Riq
11-30-2011, 07:46 AM
It was also said that the Knicks would not get Carmelo Anthony...

That is correct but you're missing an important point. Melo and Amare got max deals knowing full well that CP3 was in the works meaning they are taking 40M already. I don't see CP3 taking $10M per just to play with these guys. I bank more on a D12 and CP3 to L.A via extent and trade deals before the deadline. NY shot themselves in the foot by not mimicing what Riles did here. Does Paul want to play in NY? Yes. Is he willing to take shit money as the best pg in the game? Hell no, not when L.A is a viable option. Also remember that on top of the huge paycut he will take compared to 2 players that aren't on his level, NY taxes the shit out of these guys so Paul will be playing for peanuts on a franchise that has a coach that can't spell defense and will get them knockout early every year. Plus the most important selling point Kobe>Melo/LaLa/Amare/Dantoni/taxes and shit weather.

Edit: Paul to Boston for Rondo seems to be in the works from what I just read.

Gnnr
11-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Agents may speak with teams today. No deals can be signed before Dec. 9. NBA players can use team facilities tomorrow.

In other news, two additional games have been scheduled for Christmas. So there will be a total of 5 games that day.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/popcorn-gifs/popcorn_yes.gif

Phlip
11-30-2011, 06:03 PM
*stuff I agree with*

Edit: Paul to Boston for Rondo seems to be in the works from what I just read.
Paul was said to not want to sign long-term with Boston.
Know what? I understand too... the "big three" are about done, and while he may have a ONE year championship window, he does not have one that lasts for even the length of a long-term contract, and that SUCKS.

Riq
11-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Paul was said to not want to sign long-term with Boston.
Know what? I understand too... the "big three" are about done, and while he may have a ONE year championship window, he does not have one that lasts for even the length of a long-term contract, and that SUCKS.

True I wrote that before Broussard came out to clarify CP's position. My money is on CP and D12 to L.A. NY has nothing NO wants or needs. Boston has a better chance at getting Westbrooke for Rondo at this point. The way I see it D12 is the key to what will happen with CP3.

God it feels good to talk real basketball again. This lockout hurt alot more than 98', I was in high school and chasing booty so I was too busy to miss it as much. Welcome back NBA

ALTRNTV
11-30-2011, 09:19 PM
So to whichever team wins this season, will they have an asterisk by their name? I don't think so, 66-games is a pretty legit number of games and will have teams working harder instead of the usual 82-games in my opinion.

BOROSUN
11-30-2011, 11:48 PM

fuck yeah, starbury > cp3!!!

Gnnr
12-01-2011, 04:08 AM
My money is on CP and D12 to L.A.

This.

So to whichever team wins this season, will they have an asterisk by their name? I don't think so, 66-games is a pretty legit number of games and will have teams working harder instead of the usual 82-games in my opinion.

I don't think the Spurs have an asterisk. I think the back-to-backs-to-backs make it a tougher season actually. Its only a 16 game difference.

OBEEWON
12-01-2011, 06:45 AM
I don't watch half the season anyway. Cut the fat, straight to the meat!

Riq
12-01-2011, 11:18 AM

The person who first brought up that idea was Phil Jackson after the Spurs won it all. There really is no reason for a championship this season to be any less than any other year. Especially when you consider all the back-back-back nights that will be played. Also to my point coaches, fans and players alike have been asking for games to be cut out of the 82 game marathon. If Stern were to listen to them 66 games per year would be right on the money. The problem is the owners are the only ones against a short season. Personally I like the 82 game season as is, I can't get enough of basketball.

In other news: I just read on Sheridan Hoops that D-Will will not be signing an extension in NJ. His agent said that due to the changes in the CBA, it wouldn't make sense for him to do so. Looks like there is a good chance he will leave.

In Heat news: If Mike Miller was going to get a shot at playing for a ring in Miami I doubt it a bit more now. Turns out Mike Miller had hernia surgery in the past few weeks and he is already out 8 weeks. I think Pat is going to give him the pinkslip now which sucks because we didn't get to see Mike playing healthy at all last season. The brightside is that this may mean Caron Butler may be wearing his #5 uni in Miami once again.

enkei2k
12-01-2011, 03:39 PM
oh god...here we go...last year was melodrama, this year chrisodrama. He wants the trade.

Chris Paul requests trade to N.Y. - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-chris_paul_hornets_knicks_nba_trade_120111)

hasn't he learned anything from his friend?

fuck...as good as he is. like stated a million times, how is he going to be traded to the knicks? via 10 team trade? with what assets?

BOROSUN
12-01-2011, 07:51 PM
who cares, let him be...

because...
1KSsCwMoQxM

Riq
12-01-2011, 08:19 PM
oh god...here we go...last year was melodrama, this year chrisodrama. He wants the trade.

Chris Paul requests trade to N.Y. - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-chris_paul_hornets_knicks_nba_trade_120111)

hasn't he learned anything from his friend?

fuck...as good as he is. like stated a million times, how is he going to be traded to the knicks? via 10 team trade? with what assets?

I wouldn't take that too seriously, the Hornets went on record to say they didn't get such request. Plus if Paul really wants to be a Knick he knows it won't happen through a trade unless the NBA wants to kill the Hornets soon after. There is zero upside to a trade to NY if you are NO. NY has no picks and no cap to help NO unload a shit contract or two. I stand by my CP3 and D12 to L.A prediction. Although I must admit I would love NY to land him, it would make Heat vs Knicks all the better :D

BOROSUN
12-01-2011, 08:34 PM
its been done lux tax with scrubs before so why not with cp.
either cp does a pay cut with endorsement deals.

cp3 for 2012!

Riq
12-01-2011, 08:43 PM
its been done lux tax with scrubs before so why not with cp.
either cp does a pay cut with endorsement deals.

cp3 for 2012!

Correct but those 3 can't pull off what the Heat did. The only one out of the 3 that would play D is CP3. On top of that CP wouldn't just take a paycut he would be the red headed stepchild of the 3 as far as money goes when he's really the best player. The only way CP ends up in NY is if L.A allows it and I don't they will. Again I would love to see it happen just for our rivalry but i'm not naive either.

Gnnr
12-02-2011, 01:36 AM
In Heat news: If Mike Miller was going to get a shot at playing for a ring in Miami I doubt it a bit more now. Turns out Mike Miller had hernia surgery in the past few weeks and he is already out 8 weeks. I think Pat is going to give him the pinkslip now which sucks because we didn't get to see Mike playing healthy at all last season. The brightside is that this may mean Caron Butler may be wearing his #5 uni in Miami once again.

:facepalm:

Miller, pls go. Battier, Prince, or Butler. Riley, make it happen.

Riq
12-02-2011, 06:47 AM
I just read that the Mavs wont be getting their rings on opening night. As a Heat fan I guess thats good not to watch but I really feel that watching the Mavs get their rings would have been good for our NBA finals no show LeBron. Maybe that would have snapped him out of the mental block he goes through in the 4th qtr. Oh well, I guess the raising of the championship banner and many chants of "OVER RATED" will have to do...

One more interesting thing I read about. If Pat wants to be cutthroat he can void Mike Millers contract as long as he can prove that he got hurt during D12's charity game a few weeks back. Then he can amnesty Joel Anthany and now the Heat would have enough room to sign a Battier or Butler and Samual. I like those over Glassman and Joel, although Joel played his ass off last season. But I doubt Pat would do that, it would go against what the Heat stand for but it is still interesting. I'm 99% sure Grant Hill will sign her for the Vet minimum so that would be another player to replace Mike Miller

Phlip
12-02-2011, 08:44 AM
It’s been said that Chris Paul wants to play with Dwight Howard… Why are there no rumblings of unloading Gilbert Arenas’ dead weight ass and trying to get Chris Paul down to Orlando? Give CP3 and D12 the full run of Disney and a silly-ass movie or something to make them feel as if they’re getting some of that non basketball money that they seem to think is so important in making this decision.

DenkiMan!
12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
D12/CP3 could equal modern day kobe/shaq

---+
12-02-2011, 10:15 AM
It’s been said that Chris Paul wants to play with Dwight Howard… Why are there no rumblings of unloading Gilbert Arenas’ dead weight ass and trying to get Chris Paul down to Orlando? Give CP3 and D12 the full run of Disney and a silly-ass movie or something to make them feel as if they’re getting some of that non basketball money that they seem to think is so important in making this decision.

Because even the most retarded GM doesn't want "Gilbert Arenas’ dead weight ass", his gimpy knee and be stuck with his ginormous contract.

Phlip
12-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Because even the most retarded GM doesn't want "Gilbert Arenas’ dead weight ass", his gimpy knee and be stuck with his ginormous contract.

If Gilbert Arenas isn't victim to the Amnesty Clause, then Orlando will deserve to lose D12

Riq
12-02-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm sure Orlando will use the amnesty on Gilbert nut the truth is that they will not go under the cap after that move. They would have to move Hedo as well. This is why D12 to NJ would make sense, they would be able to absorb Hedo's bad contract as well. Orlando is going to lose D12 no matter what but it's up to them how they build after he's gone

Gnnr
12-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Orlando has no cap flexibility or trade assets to bring in CP3 even after amnesting Gilbert Arenas. I do believe CP3 and Howard will end up together, but not in Orland or NY.

I just read that the Mavs wont be getting their rings on opening night. As a Heat fan I guess thats good not to watch but I really feel that watching the Mavs get their rings would have been good for our NBA finals no show LeBron. Maybe that would have snapped him out of the mental block he goes through in the 4th qtr. Oh well, I guess the raising of the championship banner and many chants of "OVER RATED" will have to do...

One more interesting thing I read about. If Pat wants to be cutthroat he can void Mike Millers contract as long as he can prove that he got hurt during D12's charity game a few weeks back. Then he can amnesty Joel Anthany and now the Heat would have enough room to sign a Battier or Butler and Samual. I like those over Glassman and Joel, although Joel played his ass off last season. But I doubt Pat would do that, it would go against what the Heat stand for but it is still interesting. I'm 99% sure Grant Hill will sign her for the Vet minimum so that would be another player to replace Mike Miller

I would void his contract. Miller, out of all people, should have been home recovering from his 4 other surgeries. Maybe if he got hurt working out it'd be understandable.

7 days and counting 'till we cut his ass...

ALTRNTV
12-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I just read that the Mavs wont be getting their rings on opening night.
That's because Cuban still hasn't put the final word in for the ring designs, he wants input from Dirk and Terry.

Riq
12-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Orlando has no cap flexibility or trade assets to bring in CP3 even after amnesting Gilbert Arenas. I do believe CP3 and Howard will end up together, but not in Orland or NY.

I would void his contract. Miller, out of all people, should have been home recovering from his 4 other surgeries. Maybe if he got hurt working out it'd be understandable.

7 days and counting 'till we cut his ass...

The way I see it, if Nene or Caron are possible, Miller will be cut for sure. But Pat needs to have proof that it happened during the charity game. Nene may be possible if he wants to compete because half of Denver's rostor is stuck playing in China. But thats a big if because everything I have read says Nene loves Denver. I know Chandler has been flirting with the Heat but I think thats to get Cuban to sign him asap. I would take a healthy Miller over everyone including Caron because of the nature of his injury and the fact that it takes almost 2 years to fully recover from knee surgery but lets face it Miller will never be healthy, hell he hasn't been in over 5 seasons. Lets get rid of him at 12:00am on Friday pretty please.

Gnnr
12-03-2011, 11:46 PM
So I'm browsing ESPN.com and I see this (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/25/metta-world-peace) player profile.

And I read the first line of the player profile

"World Peace could see a change of scenery this season."

lmfao, and so it begins

FRpilot
12-04-2011, 10:39 AM
i think the knicks need a good point guard more than a solid center. melo and stoudemire can take care of most of the offense and rebounding in the front court. they need a good defensive hustle center and can probably plug tony douglas at shooting guard. but like others mentioned, i don't think cp3 will like to take that steep of a paycut to play for the knicks while being their best player.

i like cp3 and dwight combo. cp3 will change d12 and help him with his lack of offense (since all dwight has is catch and dunk, no footwork, sweet touch or hook shots, no jumper) and possibly cut down d12's turnovers from trying to create shots for himself.

Gnnr
12-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Celtics @ Heat on December 27th

Stern love his drama and ratings. :rolleyes:

Riq
12-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Celtics @ Heat on December 27th

Stern love his drama and ratings. :rolleyes:

Must see tv has arrived :D I'm hoping the Knicks, Bulls, Lakers and Magic follow soon after :D

FRpilot
12-05-2011, 09:41 PM
who do you guys think will be waived though amnesty?

so far i hear gilbert arenas, but i'm thinking the guy who they traded for him too (rashard lewis). i don't think many players will be waived, since teams still have to pay whoever they left go (only removes their salary off the cap) and i think teams would rather just keep guys like joe johnson or kirilenko and use their services rather than cut them and still pay them.

BOROSUN
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
yep, we dont need a star center, we need a rebound/defense center. which the knicks already have harrellson and turiaf (if he's healthy).

also...
The new NBA rules force superstars into demanding trades and engineering these months-long soap operas. Here's how, in general terms:
1.To promote "SUPERSTAR X" from leaving "HOME TEAM" in free agency, the NBA's new collective bargaining agreement allows HOME TEAM to offer SUPERSTAR X more money, and a longer contract.
2.For instance, if SUPERSTAR X signs with EVIL TEAM, the most he could get would be $74 million over four years. If he stays with HOME TEAM, he could get $100 million over five years and HOME TEAM can exceed the salary cap to keep him.

In theory this gives superstars financial incentive to stay with their original teams.

But if franchise players do want to leave their teams, then this model gives leaves them with an obvious choice. Sacrifice $26 million and an extra year at max salary in exchange for the freedom to play where they want, OR tell their current team that they're definitely leaving, and force that team to choose between trading them now, or risk losing them for nothing.

SUPERSTAR X can also dictate where he's traded--by committing to a long-term deal with only certain teams. Or maybe only one team. This limits the options for the team trying to trade him.

Then, if SUPERSTAR X gets traded to the team he wants--say, the Knicks--then New York become that player's HOME TEAM in the model above, and they can offer the maximum amount of money and years, and go over the salary cap to do it. The "sign-and-trade" has become the "trade-and-sign", the only way a superstar can still go to the team of his choice and maximizes his market value at the same time.

Gnnr
12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
No, there is a flaw in that logic.

1. The team technically doesn't have to trade anyone.
2. The team will receive more in return in trade assets to match the higher salary/years to begin with.
3. Superstar X would be wise to not to go for a max contract if he wants to join Superstar Y and Z.

BOROSUN
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
a trade is trade, what makes you think one team wont get anything?

if team A can afford max why not?

rumor is superstar x already wants to goto team A.

Gnnr
12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
a trade is trade, what makes you think one team wont get anything?

if team A can afford max why not?

rumor is superstar x already wants to goto team A.

Who said they wont get anything? What I'm saying is that its no problem for the Home team as they'll receiver MORE in return. But to expand on this even further, this is why the forcing a trade route is not in the best interest of the player. Their new team will just have a depleted roster because more assets will need to be sent back to the Home team (see Carmelo).

Riq
12-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Samual Dalebert is said to be interested in signing with the Rockets because they are offering crazy money for him to sign there. It looks more and more like a Kwame/Curry combo in tge middle Heat fans. God I hope Dexter Pittman is ready to go asap...

As far as Amnesty victoms go, I'm sure Gilbert in Orlando is a sure thing. Baron Davis is also a sure thing although the Cav's may wait until next summer to do so. Lewis should be one in Washington as well but tgey may keep him just to comply with the new minimum cap rule in tge CBA. Metta World Peace is a good choice in L.A if no one wants him in a trade, dude is a headcase. Mike Miller is a sure thing here in Miami, the guy is made of glass and Miami is in win now mode. Brandon Roy is sure thing too, his contract is too fat for a guy with no knees. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head so far.

Gnnr
12-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Samual Dalebert is said to be interested in signing with the Rockets because they are offering crazy money for him to sign there. It looks more and more like a Kwame/Curry combo in tge middle Heat fans. God I hope Dexter Pittman is ready to go asap...

I still think Dalembert comes here, but we'll see. I'd rather take Spencer Hawes than Kwame. I would start Dex too, but this organization is not known for doing things like that. He's supposedly around 260lbs now.

In Riley We Trust.

Riq
12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I still think Dalembert comes here, but we'll see. I'd rather take Spencer Hawes than Kwame. I would start Dex too, but this organization is not known for doing things like that. He's supposedly around 260lbs now.

In Riley We Trust.

What hurts Hawes is all the slick rappin he was doing after the Heat knocked him out of the playoffs. I doubt Hawes in a Heat uni will be happening. Dalembert seems to be more interested in money than he is a ring which is totaly fine. I would love to see him here but I think there is only a 40% chance that it happens. Shane Battier is the only Heat target still showing legit interest in coming here. Caron Butler may end up in Chicago from what I have read. Grant Hill would be the best fit of all the SF available but the Suns seem hell bent on re-signing him and he wants to stay there. Friday can't come fast enough, I want to see who goes where.

Gnnr
12-07-2011, 10:31 AM
NBA Television Schedule, National Basketball Association Television Schedule - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/television)
NBA.com 2011-12 TNT Broadcast Schedule (http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/TNT/)

Just printed out the Heat, ESPN/ABC and TNT schedules. Shit just got serious. DVR meltdown in 3...2....1...

FRpilot
12-07-2011, 08:14 PM
So Richard Jefferson is getting cut, which doesn't really makes sense to me. I know when San Antonio traded for him, he had 1 year and a player option for 1 year remaining on his contract. Everyone thought RJ was going to make the Spurs serious title contenders, but he struggled to fit in and I thought there was no way he was going to opt out of that player option. For some reason, he did opt out and San Antonio re upped him to a lucrative multi-year deal (for sure arranged before hand behind the scenes since there was no way RJ was going to opt out of guaranteed 16 something Million after that poor season with the Spurs).

I believe the Spurs thought 1 year was not enough to say RJ didn't fit in and decided to give him more time. Kind of nice of the organization for being understanding and give him more time on a nice new contract. RJ did okay his second time around, but he kind turned into a solid role player (defense and occasional corner 3 and layup, similar to Michael Finley for the Spurs) rather than a good 3rd/4th option that everyone thought he would be (Stephen Jackson/Sean Elliot type during the Spurs title years).

i guess after typing all this and reflecting, it does kind of make sense to me now. RJ is pretty much going to be what he is right now for the Spurs and better to get him off the cap and get Caron Butler or some better SF while Duncan is still around. (I'm surprised it was reported the Spurs might have interest in Josh Howard, wtf). I think RJ still has it and he can probably still contribute like he did in Milwaukee/New Jersey, just his game didn't match the Spurs style.

Gnnr
12-07-2011, 10:21 PM
^Yeah, was a bit of a surprise.

Tracy McGrady agrees with Atlanta Hawks on one-year veteran minimum deal, source says - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7327741/tracy-mcgrady-agrees-atlanta-hawks-one-year-veteran-minimum-deal-source-says)

Good, now the rumors of him coming here can stop.

Riq
12-08-2011, 06:18 AM
I just heard on 790theticket that the Heat are in serious talks with the Hornets to do a sign and trade for David West. Anyone hear anything about this? I love the idea and at the sametime I don't. West is a bigger, stronger version of Chris Bosh but he also plays the same way as bosh with his jumpshots. Unless Bosh is going to be a fulltime 5 with his new added weight, I don't know hiw great it will be. Oh well, in Riley we trust.

Phlip
12-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Bosh wouldn't last long as a fulltime 5 in my opinion, even with the added weight.

Gnnr
12-08-2011, 07:08 AM
I just heard on 790theticket that the Heat are in serious talks with the Hornets to do a sign and trade for David West. Anyone hear anything about this? I love the idea and at the sametime I don't. West is a bigger, stronger version of Chris Bosh but he also plays the same way as bosh with his jumpshots. Unless Bosh is going to be a fulltime 5 with his new added weight, I don't know hiw great it will be. Oh well, in Riley we trust.

Yeah, I saw it last night on twitter. I'm for it if they're moving Anthony. Fills same roll as he does but West is the better player. Affordable bigs are lacking in this FA and if we can only get them at the forward position, so be it.

Lets be honest here

Bosh playing center > Kwame Brown playing center

Especially since Kwame Brown is looking to get paid around $5mil from reports, which is ridiculous.

Shane Battier's tweet last night

Hmmm, I may have some interesting news tomorrow. But I need a full nights sleep first..........good night!
http://twitter.com/ShaneBattier

Lets see what happens today.

Phlip
12-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Lets be honest here

Especially since Kwame Brown is looking to get paid around $5mil from reports, which is ridiculous.
Now THAT I will agree with.

Riq
12-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I saw it last night on twitter. I'm for it if they're moving Anthony. Fills same roll as he does but West is the better player. Affordable bigs are lacking in this FA and if we can only get them at the forward position, so be it.

Lets be honest here

Shane Battier's tweet last night

Twitter (http://twitter.com/ShaneBattier)

Lets see what happens today.

It happened already, just saw on espn. Miami and Battier to sign contract as soon as they are able. Happy day! As far as Kwame goes, yes I agree tge Heat will take a chance on him but not for $5m per. He is more likely to get the $1.9m by annual. Either way I like that move I think Spo and Pat will pull a Issac Austin and Anthony Mason and restart their careers. Eddie Curry also looks like a strong siging at the Vet minimum.

As far as Bosh over Kwame at Center, yes that works in the short term but Bosh isn't a Center. He put on about 20 pounds but the last time he was that big, he didn't last the whole season because his knees couldn't handle the 250 frame. Bosh put on weight to help out at center but thats not his game. Kwame at Center would be a better option because thats his game. In other words, player for player Bosh all day. But when they play their positions ill take Kwame at Center over Bosh any day as long as Bosh can play his style. Hell look how well we played with the offensively challenged Joel Anthony at Center with Bosh on the floor. At the very least we get 8rbs per game which is more then Joel can give you and we get maybe 8 points per. These numbers help alot in the playoffs. Plus most importantly Kwame is only 28 so he won't just be another old guy on the bench. Young legs help alot back-back-back nights

brahim213
12-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Bulls all day !

Riq
12-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Looks like Eddie Curry will indeed be in Heat camp tomorrow. Here is to hoping he got his weight in order and acutually wants to play basketball. I don't think Spo will let him slide with lack of effort.

Phlip
12-08-2011, 10:24 AM
A very interesting take on the CP3/D12 moves
New York Knicks should aim for Dwight Howard instead of Chris Paul - ESPN New York (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7305754/new-york-knicks-aim-dwight-howard-chris-paul)

BOROSUN
12-08-2011, 11:05 AM
hell no...

we have defence. we need our walt frazier...cp3!

c harrellson
f -amare
sf- mello
sg- iman
pg- cp3

Gnnr
12-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Looks like Eddie Curry will indeed be in Heat camp tomorrow. Here is to hoping he got his weight in order and acutually wants to play basketball. I don't think Spo will let him slide with lack of effort.

I just hope the organization doesn't start him. He needs to earn that spot.

Phlip
12-08-2011, 12:57 PM
I think the Knicks should just give up on CP3, and skip right back their halcyon days when Steve Francis and Steph Marbury ran the offense.
This would be the perfect complement to Isiah’s return to the front office (and perhaps even the bench while we’re at it)

ALTRNTV
12-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Shannon Brown to sign with the Suns. I'm glad that fool isn't returning.

enkei2k
12-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Tyson Chandler to Knicks? 4yrs/$58 mil...nearing deal, but not just quite there yet since they need to amnesty Billups first and all that crazy stuff.

Knicks nearing deal to land Chandler - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApM7wWuEApdS2onMTTWF_uS8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_tyson_chandler_knicks_120811)

Hope Chandler doesn't come to NY. Going to over pay him like everybody else.

Riq
12-08-2011, 02:46 PM
hell no...

we have defence. we need our walt frazier...cp3!

c Chandler
f -amare (being shopped)
sf- mello
sg- iman
pg- Douglas
fixed

from what I have read, the Knicks are close to signing Chandler from the Mavs. This will mean they will have to Amnesty Chauncy. I also read that Amare is being shopped. Maybe to try to get CP3 but I don't see the Hornets taking that deal.

Gnnr it's a sure thing that Curry won't start unless he earns the job. Also keep in mind, although he is being invited to training camp i'm sure it will be a non-garanteed contract and we all know that Pat don't play that shit with guys that aren't in shape. I like him being on the roster it's 6 more fouls at the very least. I still wish Dalembert were a reality though

ALTRNTV
12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Sources confirm the players who'd go to NOR in Lakers-Houston-Hornets 3-way that would land CP3 with LAL are Luis Scola and Kevin Martin.

Sources: Talks on three-way trade sending Chris Paul to the Lakers and Pau Gasol to the Rockets

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7332598/talks-three-way-trade-sending-chris-paul-new-orleans-hornets-los-angeles-lakers-pau-gasol-houston-rockets

Trade talks heating up.

aziankingz
12-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Knicks loves to overpay for people.. looks like billups is gone and amare might be next in line, but all speculation right now..

Gnnr
12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Fuck its getting crazy right now.

Billups agent is already making it known that he will pitch a fit if a cap team picks him up and he wants to end up with HEAT.

Baron Davis is also being amnestied.

Fuck I missed this drama!

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-11-Eddie-Griffin.gif