PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Aliens - you seen this show??

Fred Allen Burge
06-19-2011, 07:11 PM
It's available on Netflix, it's about 15 or so episodes and it's one of the best documentaries I've seen in a while.

It presents all sorts of "evidence" of ancient alien visitors all around the world down through history in a really compelling, thought provoking way. I'm on episode 12 and I'm definitely convinced something is up!

There's just too much weird stuff all over the world and throughout history, it all adds up when you look at it all at once like this.

ManoNegra
06-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes, I loved the show
too bad it only lasted two seasons

roboticnissan
06-19-2011, 07:22 PM
It only lasted two.seasons cuz there isn't much else to talk about.

LimeLite Racing
06-19-2011, 07:37 PM
I am going to check this out right now. Sounds like my kind of show.

innovation
06-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Such a legit show. Especially when high

lflkajfj12123
06-19-2011, 08:54 PM
carl sagan's "cosmos" is more on my wave of things

gearhead55
06-19-2011, 09:05 PM
carl sagan's "cosmos" is more on my wave of things

for real. Its on netflix too i believe. Claims with substantial evidence mean exponentially more to me than claims with no evidence...

drift freaq
06-19-2011, 09:22 PM
You guys should watch Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman.

There also was a show on Science recently about the Stephen Hawking Paradox.

Oh and ya I side on the Carl Sagan Cosmos thing as well.

So much of the Ancient Alien crap has anecdotal evidence. I mean give me some real hard proof not this Eric Von Doniken crap.

Gnnr
06-19-2011, 11:02 PM

Is this the one?

YouTube - The Hawking Paradox (Part 1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF63fxXMKTM)

I never heard of that paradox before, but after watching the video, I must say that Hawking's last rebuttal was sort of a dud that left a lot to be desired. I tend to think its a cop out when scientist use parallel universes as a stop gap. There's a bag of band-aid fixes for gaps in scientific theories and thats one of the ones that seems to get used the most. I don't feel there is enough evidence to accept it as fact. Its ironic how much faith certain aspects of science asks for.

Mr Miyagi
06-19-2011, 11:09 PM
You guys should watch Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman.

Oh and ya I side on the Carl Sagan Cosmos thing as well.

So much of the Ancient Alien crap has anecdotal evidence. I mean give me some real hard proof not this Eric Von Doniken crap.

The Science Channel has some great shows. Into the wormhole is great. I also love Machio Kaku's Sci Fi Science. Another great show.

If im not mistaken, Ancient Aliens is on Nat Geo?

gearhead55
06-20-2011, 08:37 AM
I never heard of that paradox before, but after watching the video, I must say that Hawking's last rebuttal was sort of a dud that left a lot to be desired. I tend to think its a cop out when scientist use parallel universes as a stop gap. There's a bag of band-aid fixes for gaps in scientific theories and thats one of the ones that seems to get used the most. I don't feel there is enough evidence to accept it as fact. Its ironic how much faith certain aspects of science asks for.

i definitely agree with you. I haven't read a lot about it but some of the alternate universe stuff seems heavy on speculation and light on evidence.

Mikey213
06-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Eric Von Doniken crap.
Exactly! If he thinks a Kachina doll resembles the Dogu then that means Domo is jesus.

wannabdr1ftr
06-23-2011, 07:45 AM
it's a good show...I watched it when I was at work and bored. Some stuff is a little hard to believe but others make a lot of sense.