PDA

View Full Version : Engineers and Fabricators up for some brainstorming?

fyneyoungstunna
06-16-2011, 06:18 PM
As it turns out I have two different engines that a small group of us say are useless. Kinda like the Ka before it hit the spotlight. No one on either forum wants to even discuss them. Im not ready to give up yet. The problem is, I dont even know where to start.

The two Engines in question are:
Vg30de
Ca20e.

Im sure theres at least some stuff that can be done to pep it up outside of the norm. I was even looking into getting heads cut from aluminum to eliminate the design flaws in that area.

anyways,
String words together to make sentences!

ayuaddict
06-16-2011, 06:29 PM
If you're just sick of wiping your ass with your money, then yeah. It might be a fun project to make those engines reliable and fast.

But if for some reason you are not, in fact sick and tired of getting your toilet paper at the bank. It's going to cost you a little bit more than $1500 to get either of those engines to perform as well as say, an SR, LS1, or VQ, all of which coincidentally can be had for that amount.

niscur29
06-16-2011, 06:45 PM
I was even looking into getting heads cut from aluminum to eliminate the design flaws in that area.
!

You know/understand that this involves, 3D Modeling, CNC machining, CAM programming, tooling, setup times etc etc etc???? This is SERIOUSLY expensive and time consuming and plain DUMB. Have any way to accurately measure, copy, reverse engineer the original heads? Without drawings you really cannot accurately model these things, which means you cannot accurately machine one out of AL...Anything is possible with time, money, understanding etc....

But why!!!??? Unless you do wipe your ass with money and you shit gold!

drift freaq
06-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Pointless at this time, engines not worth bothering a dime on. One was not even the pinnacle of its technology for its time. The other was(VG30DE) , both have been superseded by far better engines.
Seriously if you can't find better engines to play with you need your head examined.

Oh and fact is the KA stands out because its head is one of 2 of highest flowing production cylinder heads ever built.

This thread should die fast, it deserves to.

s13_coupekilla
06-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah gonna need at least two good mechanical engineers and three good r and d mechanics more money and time spent on re engineering something that teams of people are getting paid close to six figures in doing it just to make production model for a car built 12 plus years ago. So just go ls1 vq or sr20 or just buy a tomei built sr20 engine.

anton1o
06-16-2011, 07:55 PM
VG30DE ie. 300zx Non Turbo engine would be very popular in Australia?

TheWolf
06-16-2011, 08:44 PM
have you considered a flathead buick? I mean something that no ones made parts for in possible 40 years.

ayuaddict
06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
I think the VG30E is, not so much the DE (or even the DET for that matter).

And in case the OP was wondering, making aluminum heads that work doesn't consist of making a copy of the iron head, just out of aluminum.

fyneyoungstunna
06-16-2011, 09:48 PM
I guess i should say that these are not for a 240, so all of the engines mentiond are gonna cost about just as much to swap in as making heads.

Im pretty well-to-do. Plus i like cars, motorsports and driving enough to make it worth it.

Mostly im hearing a bunch of closed minded people giving up before they even start.....
lame.

To the ones that were truly giving advice and warning: I understand greatly the concern, time and effort that has to go into it. Not so much the R&D, hence why im looking for people who CAN and WILL and trying to get an idea of what goes into it.

There was a company that offered a full Ka aluminum engine for about 3k. I posted about it about 2 years ago (maybe a year and a half) but i cant find the magazine it was in or the link (forum crash). If i can find it again ill post it.

with the Ca20e its been said that the first weak point is the rods. The Qr rods look physically comparable, but i cant get the measurements of the Ca rods yet.

I guess i should say im not looking to make a monster engine, just better the ones that i have.

The vg30de for the most part has the same internals as its TT sister. minus pistons and some odd bits.
@Antonio: I think your thinking of the VG30det mate, as a lot of Aussies love that engine. Wish i could get my hands on one in the states. Its the same as its U.S. cousins but no one on the Z forums wants to talk about single turbo on the N/A engine. Ive been banned for a couple of months for bringing up that topic.....and calling wheels "Rims"....

cdlong
06-17-2011, 09:48 AM
I think that $3k was for just the block. Put everything on it and you're at $5k for an engine that only a small amount lighter and no more powerful.

I'd guess new custom heads would cost in the realm of $5k. Certainly not worth it when VQs and LSx's are so easy to come by. If you want, you could get the stock heads worked over, but it would help knowing what your issue is with the current heads. Higher flow, better combustion chamber shape, higher CR are all attainable with some work on the stock heads. Custom heads would only be necessary if you're trying to save weight or do something drastically different like SOHC to DOHC or different runner angle. Another option might be to use some other heads from a VE or VQ. If the bore spacing is the same, the head bolts might end up being the same as well, engineers are "lazy" like that.

So what car is this for (s12?) and what are your goals? This cagey bullshit comes up on forums all the time and helps no one. Though I can't think of any answer that would lead me to anything but "just put a VQ in it."

fyneyoungstunna
06-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Cdlong I like the cut of your jib friend.

Yes in an s12, for the ca20e. so that rules out most of the big v8's without a ton of fabrication just to get the engine in the bay. also cutting the firewall, which makes me squeemish.

the vg30de is in my Z32. Again fab work for fitting those engines is kinda intense. Also with the Z, i just kinda want to keep it nissan.

if your willing to go over the stuff with me Ill dig up my old threads and sorted info on the vg30de and ca20e and post it here so people can brainstorm and stuff.

In a car as light as the s12 i don't really want a v8 or v6. I know the ka drops in and can be made to make lots of power..with a turbo. I want....no, I'd like to try my hands at an na.

for the vg30de (z32) 5k would not be bad to toss at making it better since that the average cost of a tt swap.

fyneyoungstunna
06-17-2011, 10:57 AM
I had plans to drop in an NA engine that was actually perfect for what i wanted, but finding the engine at a decent price is proving to be a task. qr25de just incase you were wondering.

Gizmo_S13
06-17-2011, 11:21 AM
I know you want to keep it Nissan but ever consider a NA 2JZ? they're really easy to cone by and it will fit perfectly in that S12 with a bit of modification. Motor mounts/brackets, driveshaft, crossmember, easy bullshit you can make yourself or buy at the junkyard to make it fit. They also make decent power with a couple mods to them as well.

vas570sx
06-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Ive been banned for a couple of months for bringing up that topic.....and calling wheels "Rims"....

the same forum banned a buddy of mine once for slamming his car, and once for priming his OWN car pink (he told them it was the final color).

they also banned another friend for literally throwing a vg30 into a lake..

cdlong
06-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I still say, "Put a VQ in it."

The S12 would probably be best with a CA18 head or a full CA18. An FJ would be sweet but they're prety hard to come by, aren't they? A QR would be pretty interesting though. car-part.com (http://www.car-part.com). QR's can be had for $1400, add an ECU and a trans from an Frontier and you're set.

Not much work has been put into the VG30DE because a TT swap is pretty straight forward, much like no one really tried a KA-t for the longest time because the SR was so easy. If you dump a bunch of time and money into the DE you might get it to 300hp, or you could just put a TT or VQ in it and have a faster car for less money.

Here's an idea, put a VQ in the Z32 and put the VG30DE from the z32 in the s12. It came with a VG30E so it wouldn't be a hard swap at all.

roboticnissan
06-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Pointless at this time, engines not worth bothering a dime on. One was not even the pinnacle of its technology for its time. The other was(VG30DE) , both have been superseded by far better engines.
Seriously if you can't find better engines to play with you need your head examined.

Oh and fact is the KA stands out because its head is one of 2 of highest flowing production cylinder heads ever built.

This thread should die fast, it deserves to.

I thought ka had horrible head designs and they don't flow for Shit?

I'm not a tuner or mechanical engineer, this is just what I've read. So if you can elaborate in your opinion of the ka, I'd like to hear it.

fyneyoungstunna
06-17-2011, 01:06 PM
engine bay room makes it even more cramped in the s12 than it would be in my z32.
Vq in a z32 has been done, but its a lot of fabrication and no one still has overcome having to cut a hole in the hood.

I'm drooling after an Fj. I'm trying to convince one of the forum members in Aus, to ship me his spare Fj block, but he says HE thinks its just to much money for ME to spend to ship an Fj........cant really hate on him or anything, i get his point, but EVERYONE keeps missing MY key point: I have the money to spend. If i didn't spend it on car stuff Id probably blow it on other stuff like clothes i don't need or a gaming system or something.

@Cdlong:

Not much work has been put into the VG30DE because a TT swap is pretty straight forward, much like no one really tried a KA-t for the longest time because the SR was so easy. If you dump a bunch of time and money into the DE you might get it to 300hp, or you could just put a TT or VQ in it and have a faster car for less money.

See, this is what i cant wrap my mind around. Maybe Im just missing it or being stupid, or truly just don't get it. Internal wise, FOR THE MOST PART, the z32 NA and TT are identical. Even the Vg30det is about the same as its U.S. counterparts. So whats keeping people from making power with the NA? I know a lot of the good parts don't exist for the NA like a "good" set of headers and stuff. And I Know that making NA power on any engine is a task. But, as I said, the people that know the answers to these questions and can give me a good "base" to work with are just so stubborn in talking about it.

I'm Ok with a 300hp NA, im not looking for a tire killing beast or a supercar. Im probably not gonna hoon with the 300z like i am with the s12. A tt swap Is cool and its the short term answer for anyone looking for monster power. But, here in CO aside from track time, there is just nowhere to use anything above 400 hp enjoyably in the Z.

For the s12 I have not, in any way, given up on the Qr swap, ive done the research in and out for swapping it. But for right now i cant find a Qr so ill sit on another s12 roller and prep it for the swap while i wait for a Qr to pop up. My sights as far as that go, right now, are set on stitch welding the chassis.
The Ca20e again im not looking for monster power, thats not what i need. a "good" 200 hp NA would suit my "needs" for right now. I could easily swap in a KA and do it that way, but id rather save all that side of my funds for the Qr bits.

@Vas :
Yeah, That forum is pretty elite in its views. "Most" of them view their cars and Z's in general as "holy grails". Anything outside of what they construe as tastefull mods and they are quick to bash and ban. I painted my upper plenum purple with a light green balance bar (might change it do a very dark green) and they had a shit fit about it.
Mentioned i wanted pink or neon orange wheels and OMG they had a heart attack....
closed minded people suck. I love my z and will pass it down to my kids...if i dont wreck it or something, but its just a car, i payed a little over 1k for it, and have bought it back from the grave.

cdlong
06-17-2011, 08:05 PM
So whats keeping people from making power with the NA? I know a lot of the good parts don't exist for the NA like a "good" set of headers and stuff. And I Know that making NA power on any engine is a task. But, as I said, the people that know the answers to these questions and can give me a good "base" to work with are just so stubborn in talking about it.

A lot of making good NA power is tuning and finding what works. You said it yourself, it's a lot of effort to find what works well. I'd be willing to bet "the people that know" don't actually know, or are protecting their intelectual property. Information isn't free. It's a tough sell putting in all the effort and money for NA tunning when a TT swap is so easy. If you want to work with Burns Stainless to get custom headers made, you're welcome to, but it's going to cost you.

here in CO aside from track time, there is just nowhere to use anything above 400 hp enjoyably in the Z.

I don't see how CO is any different. If anything you'd want more power here, or rather, more extensive modifications so you can reach the same power level because of the altitude. Using 400hp anywhere outside the track is just a bad idea no matter where you live.

For the s12 I have not, in any way, given up on the Qr swap, ive done the research in and out for swapping it. But for right now i cant find a Qr so ill sit on another s12 roller and prep it for the swap while i wait for a Qr to pop up.

I did a quick search for QR's from '07+ spec V's (what I would get if going to the trouble) and they're out there. You'll have to drive, and they're not $400, but they're there to be had. If you want it, get it.

fyneyoungstunna
06-17-2011, 08:43 PM
A lot of people tend to say a TT swap is easy. Its not easy, its just a straight drop in...physically. But, there is still welding and fabwork to be done with the swap. There's also a lot more to break,fix,rebuild,and maintain on a TT. Just not worth it IMO. People that have done the swap still say they wish they would have sold the NA and outright bought a TT. Now if i was going for high horsepower, then yes, a TT would be what i would consider and even then id probably opt for a VG30E-t as its even more straight forward than a TT swap.

^ I didn't even realize you were in CO springs like me. NOICE!
* Edit* hang on i recognize that black 240 for some reason. Your not on CNOC are you?
I meant more from an overcrowding standpoint, its just way to busy here to do anything fun and as you know, drivers here SUCK and are getting worse by the day.

I can hoon around a bit at a place close to my house and be very safe ,as its a huge empty parking lot. Id love to get approval to do auto-x, drifting, and even gymkhana( starting to dig it) as its very well suited for these events. Even something like a small tight time trial track would be nice.

I've seen some Qr's close. They are always high mileage and people want 2-3k for them; no way am shelling that out for anything over 60-80k on motors that people tend to throw away anyways. There is a guy that's waiting on some parts so he can swap out his QR; in turn I'm waiting on him to swap out his Qr.

I dont mind paying to have parts made for the NA. That's kinda what im looking to do and the point of this thread. Ive approached some companies asking if they'd do it and they all just said what everyone else says "why not swap in a TT", and then kinda blow me off. I HATE that answer, of course i could swap in a TT, but thats NOT what im asking.

fyneyoungstunna
06-17-2011, 09:26 PM
OK, now that I've got the answers on the shortcomings of the Ca20e; I can post them here to be read and we can start knocking stuff out of the way.
You with me on this or am I just wasting my time? (mean that to people in general)

cdlong
06-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Unless you're going to put a supercharger on it, I wouldn't bother with the CA at all. you've got a long uphill battle from 115hp to that 200hp you want. I wasn't saying you should do a TT swap, just that it makes tuning a NA seem pointless. But there are options, Stillen has headers, intakes, flywheels, and exhaust; JWT also has cams, pistons, ECUs. Head work would be beneficial, there are a number of head shops that can do some custom work to your specifications. What have you done already?

I am on CONOC, same screen name. Car's green by the way. Having lived in Michigan, I'll tell you the drivers here aren't that bad.

fyneyoungstunna
06-17-2011, 11:12 PM
What have i done to the z32 you mean?
nothing yet, still repairing stuff from the PO. should have her first start-up on sun or monday.
For now on the z what I am thinking for cheap mods are, TT heads (ported) good exhaust (my full HKS was stolen from in front of my garage before the car even ran) nistune, injector upgrade(from early style). might get into a custom Plenum and LIM. better pistons (might up the compression while im at it)

with the CA: I dont really want Forced Induction on the Ca. If i did the turbo route has already been well laid out and documented. So, it exists and has been done.
Im willing to fight that uphill battle though.

your car didn't have the shark smile on it did it? If so, im the guy that you gave the driveshaft to......

word sux
06-18-2011, 01:56 AM
If you're just sick of wiping your ass with your money, then yeah. It might be a fun project to make those engines reliable and fast.

But if for some reason you are not, in fact sick and tired of getting your toilet paper at the bank. It's going to cost you a little bit more than $1500 to get either of those engines to perform as well as say, an SR, LS1, or VQ, all of which coincidentally can be had for that amount.

wo wo wo

if you know of an ls1 being sold for 1.5k lemme know

drift freaq
06-18-2011, 11:22 AM
I guess i should say that these are not for a 240, so all of the engines mentiond are gonna cost about just as much to swap in as making heads.

Im pretty well-to-do. Plus i like cars, motorsports and driving enough to make it worth it.

Mostly im hearing a bunch of closed minded people giving up before they even start.....
lame.

To the ones that were truly giving advice and warning: I understand greatly the concern, time and effort that has to go into it. Not so much the R&D, hence why im looking for people who CAN and WILL and trying to get an idea of what goes into it.

There was a company that offered a full Ka aluminum engine for about 3k. I posted about it about 2 years ago (maybe a year and a half) but i cant find the magazine it was in or the link (forum crash). If i can find it again ill post it.

with the Ca20e its been said that the first weak point is the rods. The Qr rods look physically comparable, but i cant get the measurements of the Ca rods yet.

I guess i should say im not looking to make a monster engine, just better the ones that i have.

The vg30de for the most part has the same internals as its TT sister. minus pistons and some odd bits.
@Antonio: I think your thinking of the VG30det mate, as a lot of Aussies love that engine. Wish i could get my hands on one in the states. Its the same as its U.S. cousins but no one on the Z forums wants to talk about single turbo on the N/A engine. Ive been banned for a couple of months for bringing up that topic.....and calling wheels "Rims"....

See now part of the problem is not with us. Its with your attitude about it and being cagey. Its a lot of what got you in trouble before.
Now on the vehicles, I have seen you mention the FJ already which would be bomb for an S12 as it was one of the engines that came in the car in Japan.
Given that they are hard to get perhaps a S15 NA SR would fit the bill as it is roughly in the same HP range as the FJ was . In fact its a few ponies above the NA FJ. Unless you want the FJ DET.
Its a great engine with potential in the tuning department and they are custom parts out there to do cool things like doing ITB's on it.

As for the Z the VQ would be the dope ass engine for it as it is.... A: A V6 B: a hell of a lot lighter than VG and because of that would improve the handling of the car making it more nimble. So yes the most logical choice for the Z32 would be a VQ. IMO

Now dropping in a QR, in the S12 could be done as well. Though you should be the one to figure that out.

I just think in all of this, instead of doing your own research your asking us to give you all the answers.

You do come off as spoiled and wanting other people to do the work for you. Your SN does not help much either. LOL

P.S. Shit talking about Zilvia and people here when you are being cagey yourself is not going to win you much respect or help.

You are lucky some of us ignored or just pointed it out but still gave you some advice.

I thought ka had horrible head designs and they don't flow for Shit?

I'm not a tuner or mechanical engineer, this is just what I've read. So if you can elaborate in your opinion of the ka, I'd like to hear it.

Sorry about that, in my post I did not mention which KA head. The DE. Its a known fact that the DE head flows fantastically. Doubt it? Flow Bench it. If anyone tells you otherwise they are going on hearsay and their own beliefs. It is a documented fact.
The single cam head is nothing to write home about. I have seen a few people complain because you can not do much of a port job on a DE head. Fact is the thing does not need it.

fyneyoungstunna
06-18-2011, 02:54 PM
^
Shit talking about Zilvia? where'd you get that from?
My screen name? THATS how your judging me.... DRIFT FREAQ?

Now in my OPENING SENTENCE I STATED THIS : "The problem is, I don't even know where to start." So yes, I am looking for the proverbial teacher on this matter. I don't have an engineering degree nor anything beyond basic fabrication skills. But, Im willing to learn those skills. So that makes your statement about me wanting someone to do all the work for me null and void.

"You do come off as spoiled and wanting other people to do the work for you"
Spoiled? Why? Because i know what i WANT and am not willing to settle for something less or different? that's not spoiled that's DETERMINATION!! <-- The reason why the tuner scene even exists......

"Now dropping in a QR, in the S12 could be done as well. Though you should be the one to figure that out."
From this point on I'm just going to assume that you didn't REALLY READ my posts and just kinda skimmed through. If you'd have read them, you would have seen that I already know FULLY what it's going to take to drop a Qr25de into my s12, and that its already in the works. I don't need ANY help on that project....Unless you know where a QR is for under 1500.

ca·gey
adj \ˈkā-jē\
ca·gi·erca·gi·est
Definition of CAGEY
: hesitant about committing oneself <officials are cagey about giving out details>
a : wary of being trapped or deceived : shrewd <a cagey consumer> b : marked by cleverness <a cagey reply>

I don't see how I'm being Cagey? I've stated what i DON'T want to do repeatedly. In fact, the whole title of the thread should imply that I've researched ALL of the routes people are mentioning. And CHOOSE NOT to take them. yes all the engines have been done, NO there is nothing NEW under the sun. Yes, they would be "better" and "easier" choices, but, that is NOT what or WHY is started this thread. I do appreciate the advice, and I do take it ALL into consideration. But it's still not what I want.

drift freaq
06-18-2011, 04:54 PM
^
Shit talking about Zilvia? where'd you get that from?
My screen name? THATS how your judging me.... DRIFT FREAQ?

Now in my OPENING SENTENCE I STATED THIS : "The problem is, I don't even know where to start." So yes, I am looking for the proverbial teacher on this matter. I don't have an engineering degree nor anything beyond basic fabrication skills. But, Im willing to learn those skills. So that makes your statement about me wanting someone to do all the work for me null and void.

"You do come off as spoiled and wanting other people to do the work for you"
Spoiled? Why? Because i know what i WANT and am not willing to settle for something less or different? that's not spoiled that's DETERMINATION!! <-- The reason why the tuner scene even exists......

"Now dropping in a QR, in the S12 could be done as well. Though you should be the one to figure that out."
From this point on I'm just going to assume that you didn't REALLY READ my posts and just kinda skimmed through. If you'd have read them, you would have seen that I already know FULLY what it's going to take to drop a Qr25de into my s12, and that its already in the works. I don't need ANY help on that project....Unless you know where a QR is for under 1500.

ca·gey
adj \ˈkā-jē\
ca·gi·erca·gi·est
Definition of CAGEY
: hesitant about committing oneself <officials are cagey about giving out details>
a : wary of being trapped or deceived : shrewd <a cagey consumer> b : marked by cleverness <a cagey reply>

I don't see how I'm being Cagey? I've stated what i DON'T want to do repeatedly. In fact, the whole title of the thread should imply that I've researched ALL of the routes people are mentioning. And CHOOSE NOT to take them. yes all the engines have been done, NO there is nothing NEW under the sun. Yes, they would be "better" and "easier" choices, but, that is NOT what or WHY is started this thread. I do appreciate the advice, and I do take it ALL into consideration. But it's still not what I want.

excuse me, did I touch a nerve? your statement about people being close minded here and whatnot could be constituted on casing or aka shit talking.

As far as the SN goes I would rather have the SN drift freaq than fynyoungstunna. LOL That is on you though. I am a freak about drifting though its not the only thing I like. I am happy for you that you think so much of yourself.

Spoiled is asking questions of us and not bothering to read up on the stuff. which is exactly what you are trying to excuse with calling it determination.

The answers were out there if you choose to search and read them. Of course you can't be bothered you would rather pay someone. Rich and lazy?

No i don't read all your posts, I read what you posted in this thread. You assume I would just have read all your threads? Again with the self centered stuff.

On the topic of cagey? In fact you were cagey, you did not tell us originally that this was not for a 240, you did not tell us what cars these engines were going to into.
That is being cagey.

Intent to not fully commit all the information or even possibly hesitant till you were cornered and questioned. You did not readily give out the details till after the fact.

Now please just stop, I pointed out facts that you are guilty of as a suggestion to better yourself. Instead of taking it you attacked and tried to defend those original actions.

Take the advice and learn from it.

P.S. I am done here as you need to take the cotton out of your ears and stuff it in your mouth.

fyneyoungstunna
06-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Fuck your face. First and foremost.
Saying someone is closed minded isn't shit talking, its an observation.

"As far as the SN goes I would rather have the SN drift freaq than fynyoungstunna. LOL That is on you though. I am a freak about drifting though its not the only thing I like. I am happy for you that you think so much of yourself."

***** Considering I made this screen name waaaaay back in 94 and just stuck with it cause...wait why am i explaining my forum name to an asshat like you.......again Fuck your face AND your favorite color.

"Spoiled is asking questions of us and not bothering to read up on the stuff. which is exactly what you are trying to excuse with calling it determination.
The answers were out there if you choose to search and read them. Of course you can't be bothered you would rather pay someone. Rich and lazy?"

**** Well seeing as I'm an ORIGINAL member of the founding forum of one of two U.S. Automobile that came with the Ca20e...I can tell you now that the info is not out there for the ca20e, its actually quite scarce, more so than the Fj.
The N/A vg30de build info is kind of out there in the fact that some of the TURBO bits work...

"No i don't read all your posts, I read what you posted in this thread. You assume I would just have read all your threads? Again with the self centered stuff."

***SO again like a dumb-ass you just skimmed and then posted, without reading anything? DUMB-ASS! Self centered? really.....yeah me and your mom are gonna have to have a talk about you later after Im done creating your new little brother with her.......

"On the topic of cagey? In fact you were cagey, you did not tell us originally that this was not for a 240, you did not tell us what cars these engines were going to into.
That is being cagey."

****WOW, just WOW. So it never occurred to you that in the midst of typing out my initial post, i just truly slipped my mind to mention the cars? And....AND...on top of that, with the title of the thread, the car it is going into makes it irrelevant. remember JACKASS, i wasn't asking for swap info now was I?

"Intent to not fully commit all the information or even possibly hesitant till you were cornered and questioned. You did not readily give out the details till after the fact."

*** Cornered and questioned...by who? I actually VOLUNTEERED the information after I saw that people were ASSUMING that i was talking about a 240; cause, you know, 240's are the only cars that exist in the world......ASS

"P.S. I am done here as you need to take the cotton out of your ears and stuff it in your mouth."

*** Well since your done, allow me to leave YOU with these closing thoughts:
Fuck you, fuck your face, fuck your favorite color, and I'm gonna fuck your mom......
now stay the hell out of my thread!

articdragon192
06-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Feisty, lol.

fyneyoungstunna
06-19-2011, 03:10 AM
^yeah i am, a bit... there was just no need for what HE posted. As long as people play nice I can take stuff in stride and am pretty easy going. BUT, he basically just wanted to come in an crap on a perfectly legit thread. He did it to one of my other threads as well a while back. Anyways back to my topic.

BTW Articdragon: did you see where someone is working on ITB's for our N/A Z's?

irax
06-19-2011, 05:13 PM
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q405/AnonEmoose/1271281604743.jpg

articdragon192
06-19-2011, 10:43 PM
BTW Articdragon: did you see where someone is working on ITB's for our N/A Z's?

Yeah, I see it as a waste of time and money though, as more power can be had for less going TT. There is a video of a 9 second NA VG with NOS in Japan however. And JUN did have an all NA ITB'd out VG Z32 as well.

fyneyoungstunna
06-20-2011, 10:53 AM
For us N/A guys that just don't want the kind of power that turbos would make, its a huge step towards the positive. From an N/A Z i would be happy with 270-300hp. I have another car for BIG power. Id love to see JUN's car, I think that was the one that was posted in the thread?

articdragon192
06-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Well, the Z1 NA VG makes 270ish I believe, without NOS.

fyneyoungstunna
06-20-2011, 09:07 PM
^ good number in general, but not what i expected from a z1 car. you talking about (Dustin's?) car? yeah he has a lot into that thing too.

articdragon192
06-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Yep, that one. Honestly, for all that work. I would have just dropped in another motor. I'm more about results than the means. Hence me not going TT in my own car.

fyneyoungstunna
06-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Vq and Vh have crossed my mind repeatedly, i just dont want a hoodscoop or to cut the firewall.

vg30de --> T is a still a pretty good option as it drops in like stock motor, no fab needed. But the turbo hardware is the downside.