PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Owner's Festivan 11/29 SoCal (please read)

mav1178
10-28-2003, 10:46 PM
To moderators:

I know I already posted this in the Meets forum but I am trying to gather up as much support as possible in light of the extraordinary circumstances surrounding our event. Please keep this thread in this forum (sticky even, if possible). Thank you in advance.

-alex

Original thread can be found here:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38342

In light of the recent fires that have consumed so much of Southern California, we have decided to change the November 29th Nissan Owner's Festival slightly.

All proceeds from this event will go towards relief efforts for the fires. Right now I am looking to have donations given to the Southern California chapter of the American Red Cross (thru KFWB 980AM). I will also set up donation boxes at the event so that people can do donations on-site.

I would only like to ask you fellow Nissan owners for a favor: Please, if you have not done so already, register for the event (either for the meet or for the drifting portion of the event) so I can figure out rough attendance levels and can calculate the amount of money we can raise for this good cause.

If any of you wish to help or want to know more information please email [email protected] for more information. Please note that due to SEMA Show we will not be able to answer the emails in a timely manner between Nov. 1st thru 10th.

Even if you do not register for this event, please try to show up and give support to the sponsors and attendees at the event. Not only are we celebrating owning a Nissan/being a Nissan enthusiast, now we also band together in this time of need to show that car enthusiasts CARE for those that are less fortunate. The least we can do is give our support to those that have lost their entire lives in the fires.

Lastly, please check the various news sources for updates on the fires, and keep those that have been displaced in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you very much.

-alex
www.socal240sx.org

CoasTek240
10-29-2003, 08:35 AM
wow, can one of the mods make this sticky?
so as it doesnt get lost in the pages. this is important.

Can we give donations w/o going somehow. who do i contact? i live on the east coast. wish i could attend.

mav1178
10-29-2003, 11:41 AM
Frankly it may be best to donate directly to the SoCal Red Cross as this way your accounting could be correct.

http://www.acrossla.org/

Thank you to the moderator who put this up as a sticky. I owe you a debt of gratitude.

-alex

No Motiv
11-16-2003, 10:18 PM
To Bad i live on the eAst coast also.....that sucks

a donation will sufice

No Motiv
11-16-2003, 10:18 PM
To Bad i live on the eAst coast also.....that sucks

a donation will sufice

curbhuggerrps13
11-19-2003, 11:05 AM
hey alex ummm like my car is a piece...hehe so do i have to register?hehe well it has dents and dings and ugly s12 rims...so u think i should register..truthfully..haha not so u can make money..but i would but i dont want to make u guys look bad..but fo sho my bro will register..his engine should be done by then..n e ways could i just go there and chill?

mav1178
11-19-2003, 09:03 PM
To spectate is $3. To register and get more stuff is $25.

We are not making money; I'm donating my time and my money and canned foods to help out with the food drive and also with donations towards the Red Cross. If this isn't enough of an incentive for you to go, I don't know what else to say.

Why are people always so concerned about how their car looks? Who cares what the car looks like, this event is for Nissan Owners and their interest/passion for their cars. If you don't go to an event because your car looks bad, does that mean you will also miss work because you had a bad hair day? Does that mean if you get a burn scar on your arm you hide it from the world for the rest of your life? The more you hide the more inferior you will feel.

So don't feel inferior and go to the event. Registering, well that's your call.

-alex

curbhuggerrps13
11-19-2003, 11:43 PM
sorry didnt mean it as a insult or n e thing..i just didnt want to offend u guys..u know...since most people on this sire arent so happy or nice to others...hey u can bring canned food? i got alot and i will bring some if need for donation...hehe doin my part to serve our community =)..but n e ways i will be there n e ways no matter what cuz i think its great for u guys to reach out and help the community..n e ways yea ..didnt want this post to seem like that the meets isnt worth it..just didnt want to insult u guys with my presence.but u seem like a nice guy and im sure we will meet.

West
11-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Moved the Events

fliprayzin240sx
11-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Koo so its a canned-goods drive too? *Note to self: get some sardines...JK* Hey Alex I got a Q since theres gonna 485792847 nissan heads in there...how bout somebody bust out a grill too and have a lil lunch shindig. :D Just an idea. Have peeps bring a lil of something something just like a bbq meet. hehe...DD10 fans aint got nothing on us!!! They take a whiff off our bbq come lunch time when they all start starving. :D

knghtryde
11-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Okay, I'm really just trying to get information. My car is not running currently, and I will not know until this friday if i'll be able to make it or not.

Does anyone know if I can show up with out registering and just pay my $25 dollars at the door to enter the meet. I just wanna know now cause If I can't go without registering I won't be in such a hurry to have my car ready by Friday.

Thanks in Advance.

David