PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with my school question!

Kaifd3s
06-15-2011, 11:13 AM
So I started going back to school last year at a trade school. I applied for financial aid but the officer helping me told me that I made too much money the year before. So I could only get a certain amount of aid, and that I would need to apply for a loan. So I did as he asked. I had to pay a monthly out of pocket fee for the credits I was taking also. Now I changed my major and don't want to continue there. Can I just go in and tell them give me the rest of my loan money and give me the credits I completed?

Help me out fellas.

stinky_180
06-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Pretty sure this is a question you ask them...

Mr Miyagi
06-15-2011, 03:43 PM
^^^^ that.

Why did you receive more money they year before? Did you buy a car with it?

roboticnissan
06-15-2011, 04:00 PM
It totally depends on the school. I know uti gives you the finger if you drop out or quit or whatever.

jesse_s13
06-15-2011, 04:02 PM
It totally depends on the school. I know uti gives you the finger if you drop out or quit or whatever.

They gave me the finger, but they ended up refunding my fasfa to the cc i was attending.

Kaifd3s
06-15-2011, 05:40 PM
^^^^ that.

Why did you receive more money they year before? Did you buy a car with it?

Nah bro I got paid "too much"...

Banana_Cute
06-15-2011, 07:01 PM
I went to trade school. 24K for nursing. 14K loan and the rest was FAFSA. I didnt see a penny of it.

I think when it comes to trade school they send the check TO the school. I didnt see a penny from my FAFSA but school is paid. On the other hand my friend is going to a community college and he gets paid every semester.

but this was 4 yrs ago.